PDA

View Full Version : Big South predictions 11/18

Coastal89
November 15th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Liberty @ VMI There are two good things I can say about VMI football this year. They do play extremely tough at home and they showed us all just how bad PFL football is with their 1 win. But they ain't beating LU. LU 28 VMI 24

Wofford @ Gardner Webb GWU's chances depend on how much Woffords pass defense has improved. If Doolittle starts I think WU could be in for a challenge. He could very well stand in the pocket and throw 60 passes. If he does he'll have 10 ints though so Wofford walks in this one. WU 45 GWU 21

Chuck South @ Coastal Just be in your seat on time cause it'll get ugly quick. CCU 56 CSU 14

rokamortis
November 15th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Libert / VMI - Liberty

Wofford / G-Dubb - Wofford

CSU / Coastal - should be a great game ;)

CCUCheer
November 15th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Liberty/VMI - Liberty

Wofford/Gardner Webb- Wofford

Coastal/CSU- Coastal! GO CHANTS

CSU BUCS
November 15th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Libert / VMI - VMI

Wofford / G-Dubb - GWU

CSU / Coastal - Ha, I think we've covered this.

Big South hangs another 'W' on the mighty SOCON this week.

SirApp
November 15th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Liberty 28 VMI 10
Wofford 45 GWU 17
CCU 42 CSU 28

SuperJon
November 15th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Libert / VMI - VMI

That'd be REALLY bad for you guys.

CSU BUCS
November 15th, 2006, 09:38 PM
I don't see how?

Dabnus Brickey
November 15th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Good call, I'm thinking Liberty in that one. I saw VoMIt lose to El Cid last week. Stick a fork in those guys. Didn't Liberty beat CSU?

CSU BUCS
November 15th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Didn't Liberty beat CSU?
I believe they did, but there you go, since someone disagreed with you, trying to start smack again in a non smack thread.
Since I'm making predictions this week

I'm Picking VMI in this one.

Does Wofford play at G-Webb?

CoastalFan2005
November 15th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Does Wofford play at G-Webb?

:read:

Wofford @ Gardner Webb GWU's chances depend on how much Woffords pass defense has improved. If Doolittle starts I think WU could be in for a challenge. He could very well stand in the pocket and throw 60 passes. If he does he'll have 10 ints though so Wofford walks in this one. WU 45 GWU 21

:thumbsup:

CSU BUCS
November 15th, 2006, 10:02 PM
I just thought it was at G0-Webb last year when they had that big show down, Guess not.

CCUBeachChicken
November 15th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Ok CSU Bucs CALM DOWN... just chill, all's good. Dabnus didn't mean anything by it. Super Jon said it'd be bad for you guys. You said "I don't see how" he was simply stating that looking at VMI's ranking, since LU beat CSU, then if VMI beats LU it'll make you guys look bad.

Seriously folks... there's no need to fight. This isn't the smack board.

CSU BUCS
November 15th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Serious question, how high of emotions do the CCU fans mainly students have for this game? On the CSU side, I don’t know for sure, but I think they’re approaching it as a normal game, but a big game. Could we be at risk for small ‘brawls’ in the stands like has occurred many years at S. Carolina and Clemson games. This board is all fun, but what is the real attitude on the ground level (students). I don’t think CSU fans/students share the hatred that CCU has so it shouldn’t be a problem. I just know how young people can be. Serious question, no smack intended nor wanted.

CCUBeachChicken
November 15th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Um all I have to say about that is CSU fans STEER CLEAR OF THE FRATERNITIES.

CCUBeachChicken
November 15th, 2006, 10:17 PM
As long as you don't say anything negative to Coastal students they should be fine.

SuperJon
November 15th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Most of the CCU students won't be anywhere near the CSU students. 90% of the CCU students are in the stands on the press box side and the others are on the hill. Very few sit on the 544 side. One frat does but that's about it.

CCUBeachChicken
November 15th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Just thought I'd tell you guys this. I was just on facebook and stumbled upon Josh Hoke(ccu kicker) This was his profile picture: http://profile.ak.facebook.com/profile2/613/53/s42700969_24161.jpg

I think they're focused.:thumbsup:

SuperJon
November 15th, 2006, 11:24 PM
I noticed that on Sunday.

Jaques
November 16th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Serious question, how high of emotions do the CCU fans mainly students have for this game? On the CSU side, I don’t know for sure, but I think they’re approaching it as a normal game, but a big game. Could we be at risk for small ‘brawls’ in the stands like has occurred many years at S. Carolina and Clemson games. This board is all fun, but what is the real attitude on the ground level (students). I don’t think CSU fans/students share the hatred that CCU has so it shouldn’t be a problem. I just know how young people can be. Serious question, no smack intended nor wanted.

If that happens, that means they let too many REDNECKS in.:nonono2:

CSU Girl
November 16th, 2006, 08:13 AM
I am assuming there will be several police officers???

SuperJon
November 16th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Why should there be any extra? Coastal has never caused a problem with any other school. Sure there may be some smack talking but there's never been a fight at Coastal. If there is one, I doubt it'll be Coastal starting it.

CSU Girl
November 16th, 2006, 09:08 AM
well the previous postings were discussing brawls. Most big rival games add a few officers.

chantman
November 16th, 2006, 09:46 AM
well the previous postings were discussing brawls. Most big rival games add a few officers.

That's just talk on a message boards. I've been to most all the home game the past four years and I have never seen or heard about any fights between fans.

The only incident I recall was some druck frat guys yelling at fans and he was removed.

Come to the game, yell for your team, have fun and take the loss.:smiley_wi

HailToTheChants
November 16th, 2006, 09:50 AM
I have been to most of the Games and there are normally no problems. However, when we played Moorehead St. One of their students ran in front of our student section cheering for Moorehead and someone hurled a full cup of coke at him and hit him in the back. It was freakin' hilarious!!!

I'm sorry to say I wont be at the game this Saturday though. I am actually on an internship in Indianapolis that doesn't end until Tues. I actually thought about trying to contact Moose at the Westin where the PSC is meeting though.

GO COASTAL!!!!

CSU Girl
November 16th, 2006, 09:51 AM
OH hunny and I not afraid of any brawls. It was a simple question. I assumed it was standard protocal.

I will be there it is going to be very exciting and fun. I am sure all of us will have no voices left by Sunday especially the Bucs fans since we will be up all night celebrating our big victory.

CSU Girl
November 16th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Hail to Chants-That is funny!

Dabnus Brickey
November 16th, 2006, 09:56 AM
OH hunny and I not afraid of any brawls. It was a simple question. I assumed it was standard protocal.

I will be there it is going to be very exciting and fun. I am sure all of us will have no voices left by Sunday especially the Bucs fans since we will be up all night celebrating our big victory.

Harvard grad, huh?: smh :

CSU Girl
November 16th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Dabnus- any new material?

CSU Girl
November 16th, 2006, 09:58 AM
btw nice guess but I am NOT Coach Mills's daughter. My father and him are extremely good friends.

Dabnus Brickey
November 16th, 2006, 10:03 AM
You're providing that, thanks

CSU Girl
November 16th, 2006, 10:05 AM
???

CSU Girl
November 16th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Not sure what you meant by that but I am proud my dad is close friends with Jay Mills he is a class act guy. David Bennett is a nice guy as well I might add. Or at least I have heard nice stories about him.

CCUBeachChicken
November 16th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Yeah I love CDB, he's such a down to earth guy. I hear Mills is nice as well.

As far as fighting, I don't think it will come to that, but unless it's an organized chant. I wouldn't say TOO much around the frat guys. They're mostly all talk, but as I stated before, they are DRUNK.:beerchug: : retard :

Oh BTW, Hail to the Chants was one of Ma Bennett(CDB's mother)'s favorite sayings. Ever since she passed the week of the Furman game, it's been Coastal football's unofficial motto.

MarkCCU
November 16th, 2006, 11:19 AM
I PREDICT THE BAPTISTS CRYING ON A BUS RIDE BACK TO CHARLESTON AS THE DIRTY MYRTLE IS BURNT TO THE GROUND IN CELEBRATION!

Dabnus Brickey
November 16th, 2006, 11:32 AM
I'm glad I don't live in Myrtle!!!

MarkCCU
November 16th, 2006, 11:34 AM
the dirty myrtle? as soon as i moved i felt my soul get cleaner

Dabnus Brickey
November 16th, 2006, 11:34 AM
I live about three miles from CSU.

CSU Girl
November 16th, 2006, 11:40 AM
I have only been to myrtl (besides the game) once and from what I saw it look like Daytona

chantman
November 17th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Coastal 38

CSU 14

csuBUC06
November 17th, 2006, 09:45 PM
i'm gonna go out on a limb...

CSU 31
CCU 28

2OT

windwalker
November 18th, 2006, 07:40 AM
i'm gonna go out on a limb...

CSU 31
CCU 28

2OT

never sit on the limb that is about to be sawed off :smiley_wi :smiley_wi

Death Dealer
November 18th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Um all I have to say about that is CSU fans STEER CLEAR OF THE FRATERNITIES.

All I have to say about that is you guys need to control your fans.....if they do get out of hand, it's up to you more level headed fans to step in an keep your school from looking like a den of idiots. There's enough of that crap going on next weekend at the I-A level with USC/Clemson. Play the game on the field, not in the parking lot.

Death Dealer
November 18th, 2006, 09:05 AM
the dirty myrtle? as soon as i moved i felt my soul get cleaner

Not all of Myrtle is that bad....and with the tearing down of the pavilion, it sounds like there is a move on to raise the bar in Myrtle proper. South of Myrtle in Pawley's/Litchfield is very nice, and there are some oases among the filth even in the northern reaches of Horry County (mostly golf resorts).

Death Dealer
November 18th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Wofford destroys GW, solidifying that they are much better than there early season outings seemed.

Coastal will roll over CSU......seems they have the heart, and they are more battle tested with their much tougher schedule.

Who cares about LU/VMI.....besides them of course....o.k. Liberty by a bunch probably.