PDA

View Full Version : Soccer Stadium

Kabooom
January 10th, 2015, 09:49 AM
Serious Question.....

Why is the FCS Championship Game rewarded with a title tilt....... at a facility BUILT as a SOCCER venue?

Discuss.

Catsfan90
January 10th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Serious Question.....

Why is the FCS Championship Game rewarded with a title tilt....... at a facility BUILT as a SOCCER venue?

Discuss.
Its a beautiful stadium, in a great area. I don't really see much difference with a soccer/ football stadium? Its more of a multi use stadium anyway. Plus I'd rather see a beautiful stadium with full seats than a giant stadium that looks empty.

Kabooom
January 10th, 2015, 10:12 AM
You're right...it is a beautiful SOCCER FACILITY.....

This is how Red-Headed FCS Step-Children are handled by the NCAA when they dare prove their abilities to make it to the Championship Game, and probably are loosing money in their schools athletic budget by doing so....

Got my David Becham LA Galaxy Jersey on today.

Here's hoping to many penalty kicks....

Cheers!

Go FCS!

aces1180
January 10th, 2015, 10:13 AM

If you ever get the chance to see your team there, you'll agree its a great SPORTS FACILITY.

TheKingpin28
January 10th, 2015, 10:15 AM
If you ever get the chance to see your team there, you'll agree its a great SPORTS FACILITY.

This

BisonFan02
January 10th, 2015, 10:16 AM

This. Outside of the turf last year, the facility has been great. No bad seats in the entire place and SRO on the rail works great too.

LehighU11
January 10th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Hopefully the field is in good shape this year, rather than the beach volleyball court they used last year.

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 10th, 2015, 10:24 AM
They use it for Texas high school football.

Sycamore62
January 10th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Wth it being so close to the FBS champ game location and time wise I'm a little disappointed they couldn't have cross promoted a little

im thinking the NCAA doesn't have much or any to do with the FBS game as far a control or profit.

I would think that that the level of play in this game would be comparable to a low-mid level bowl game. I'm surprised they haven't tried to exploit football being on TV with only 9 games left at all levels

Kabooom
January 10th, 2015, 10:44 AM

Ideal...

When the FCS Title Game is over, the FCS winner then has the right to challenge the Lone Star state highschool Champions to a game...

Daytripper
January 10th, 2015, 10:48 AM
That stadium is great for football. 99% of all FCS schools would trade their stadium for Frisco's.

Kabooom
January 10th, 2015, 10:56 AM
For those of you watching the FCS Championship game on TV, I'd be curious how many times the names OHIO STATE, and OREGON are Mentioned...

And I hope Rod...Whatever his last Name is ...isn't an announcer for this game because all he knows how to do is belittle the FCS, and how much puking better the BCS is and how the talent level is so far PUCKING superior!

This Game will serve as a real doormat to the BCS gametonight ...if he has his say...

Kabooom
January 10th, 2015, 10:59 AM

You're right...It is a nice Soccer Stadium...Ace.

GoBlueHens83
January 10th, 2015, 11:12 AM
I was there for UD vs EWU and I thought it was an excellent facility and it is just fine for FCS. The fact that it was built for soccer doesn't really matter at all, and I'm not too sure why it bothers anyone honestly.

TheKingpin28
January 10th, 2015, 11:17 AM
To restate what has been said, I'd rather have a stadium that is full of 20k fans who are passionate about their fan base versus a MACtion VS Sun Belt in a half empty 50K stadium

Sycamore62
January 10th, 2015, 11:23 AM
I'd rather have 25,000 fans

BisonFan02
January 10th, 2015, 11:26 AM
For those of you watching the FCS Championship game on TV, I'd be curious how many times the names OHIO STATE, and OREGON are Mentioned...

And I hope Rod...Whatever his last Name is ...isn't an announcer for this game because all he knows how to do is belittle the FCS, and how much puking better the BCS is and how the talent level is so far PUCKING superior!

This Game will serve as a real doormat to the BCS gametonight ...if he has his say...

Who pissed in your cheerios this morning? You realize Montana plays for the same title right? Starting to sound like a Sioux hockey fan.

HailSzczur
January 10th, 2015, 11:39 AM
Haven't been to Frisco....yet (Stay healthy Robertson). But I've have been to a football game a PPL. Most of the SSS have essentially the same design and capacity. PPL was a fantastic venue, even if it wasn't full. I'd take it over any CAA stadium other than JMU

Laker
January 10th, 2015, 11:59 AM
I was at the D2 title game in Kansas City, Kansas this year. That is a soccer stadium and I believe was the first time a football game was played there. Other than some oddities on the scoreboard there were no problems and it was a great place to watch a football game. I would have preferred a different result..............

DFW HOYA
January 10th, 2015, 12:14 PM
Frisco got the game because they bid the most on on it, plain and simple.

Catsfan90
January 10th, 2015, 12:48 PM
Stadium looks awesome! Fields definitely much better than last year.

thebootfitter
January 11th, 2015, 12:16 AM
I can't imagine anyone who has seen a football game in the stadium would belittle it. Like many sports facilities, it was built to be multi-use. It is a fantastic 20+K seat stadium for football.

344Johnson
January 11th, 2015, 12:51 AM
I can't imagine anyone who has seen a football game in the stadium would belittle it. Like many sports facilities, it was built to be multi-use. It is a fantastic 20+K seat stadium for football.

It's fine for this level of football.

blueballs
January 11th, 2015, 10:18 AM
The stadium looked great yesterday... it was a fitting atmosphere for such a great game.

Pard4Life
January 11th, 2015, 02:00 PM
They can play cricket there. Who cares if it's soccer... as long as it looks nice and meets fan and team needs, you can play wherever.

Bison56
January 11th, 2015, 05:56 PM
It's fine for this level of football.

I see what you did there.

Hammerhead
January 11th, 2015, 08:01 PM
I suppose CenturyLink Field and Gillette Stadium are crap too, since they play soccer in those facilities. :( No nets behind the goalposts are the only clue that the primary tenant is Frisco is a soccer team.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 11th, 2015, 08:08 PM
I always get a chuckle out of those people who like to manufacture things to bitch about. Nice work on the whining Kaboom.

"Oh no it's a soccer stadium...people won't respect us...it's built for soccer"

Big ****ing deal.

Hammerhead
January 11th, 2015, 09:11 PM
I'd rather watch a game in a soccer stadium than a "football" stadium surrounded by a running track.

Catsfan90
January 11th, 2015, 09:31 PM
I'd rather watch a game in a soccer stadium than a "football" stadium surrounded by a running track.
Tracks really do ruin fields.....

Catsfan90
January 11th, 2015, 09:33 PM
They should build a brand new stadium that's only allowed to be used one day a year, and only for the FCS championship. Absolutely no other events will be allowed to be held in this new stadium.........

Laker
January 11th, 2015, 09:40 PM

Amen. It is amazing how many stadiums had them back when I was a kid- Minnesota's Memorial Stadium was that way- so was Ohio State's. I'm glad that they don't do that anymore- you are just too far from the field.

GFBison
January 12th, 2015, 08:13 AM

Ideal...

When the FCS Title Game is over, the FCS winner then has the right to challenge the Lone Star state highschool Champions to a game...

If you don't like Frisco hosting the solution is simple. You can head up a committee to put in a bid for your city and venue of choice. That is how it ended up in Frisco.

I think Frisco is great host BTW. It has to be one of the fastest growing areas in the Nation. Lots of support by the restaurants and bars. Nice hotels. Lots of nearby attractions.

I was told by a police officer working the game that they are building a indoor facility in Frisco. I prefer it to be outdoors though.

DFW HOYA
January 12th, 2015, 08:20 AM

I'd rather have a track and a football field! But imagine recruiting for a top 25 T&F program that hasn't had a outdoor track of its own in two decades and no hope of an indoor facility whatsoever.

Professor Chaos
January 12th, 2015, 11:07 AM
If you don't like Frisco hosting the solution is simple. You can head up a committee to put in a bid for your city and venue of choice. That is how it ended up in Frisco.

I think Frisco is great host BTW. It has to be one of the fastest growing areas in the Nation. Lots of support by the restaurants and bars. Nice hotels. Lots of nearby attractions.

I was told by a police officer working the game that they are building a indoor facility in Frisco. I prefer it to be outdoors though.
I'm guessing the indoor facility he's referring to is the Dallas Cowboys practice facility that's moving from Valley Ranch to Frisco: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4736909/cowboys-announce-name-of-their-new-training-facility

Vice president Stephen Jones said the Cowboys are actively seeking a naming rights partner for the Cowboys' headquarters and the 12,000-seat multi-purpose facility where they will hold at least one week of training camp as well as high school football games and other events in the Frisco Independent School District.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 12th, 2015, 11:08 AM
It's a great venue. If you've been there, you understand. Nothing soccer specific about it.

TheRevSFA
January 12th, 2015, 12:50 PM
You guys just got trolled hard by this douchebag

clenz
January 12th, 2015, 01:00 PM
Haven't been there but have watched a lot of events from there on TV. Always looks gorgeous.

Soccer or not a gorgeous stadium is a gorgeous stadium

ursus arctos horribilis
January 12th, 2015, 01:01 PM
You guys just got trolled hard by this douchebag
I may not have been paying attention but I don't remember him being a dbag before? Seemed a lot more whiny than anything to me I guess.

Sycamore62
January 12th, 2015, 03:17 PM
Speaking of Soccer, ESPN ScoreCenter app just gave me a breaking news alert about soccer. I deleted the app.

JayJ79
January 13th, 2015, 07:57 AM
They should build a brand new stadium that's only allowed to be used one day a year, and only for the FCS championship. Absolutely no other events will be allowed to be held in this new stadium.........

that's almost as "cool" as all the Olympic facilities that are built, used for like a week (not one week a year, but just once), and then sit collecting dust

DFW HOYA
January 13th, 2015, 08:25 AM
that's almost as "cool" as all the Olympic facilities that are built, used for like a week (not one week a year, but just once), and then sit collecting dust

Sounds like the Rose Bowl before UCLA moved there.