PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to the ISU Redbirds

dudeitsaid
January 8th, 2015, 04:22 PM
http://stories.illinoisstate.edu/magazine/illinois-state/state-side/redbird-helmets-honor-opponents-late-father/

What an incredible way to honor such a terribly tragic situation. As an EWU fan, I am truly appreciative of this gesture. I believe that the Rodger's family would agree. Nothing against NDSU, but if there was any doubt about who I would be rooting for on Saturday, that has been settled in my mind. Truly the heart of champions. Go Redbirds!

Gil Dobie
January 8th, 2015, 04:27 PM
Classy move ISUR xthumbsupx

Professor Chaos
January 8th, 2015, 04:43 PM
What a great gesture given the tragic loss the Rodgers' family has gone through. Bravo ISU xbowx

AshevilleApp2
January 8th, 2015, 04:51 PM
Very nice!

ursus arctos horribilis
January 8th, 2015, 04:56 PM
It is pure class for sure. I know that NDSU also would have made a similar tribute if in that situation. Two very classy programs in the game.

Green1
January 8th, 2015, 05:09 PM
Well done, ISU!!!

Milkman
January 8th, 2015, 05:20 PM
Class act ISU xthumbsupx

kdinva
January 8th, 2015, 05:24 PM
xnodx xthumbsupx

Bisonator
January 8th, 2015, 08:20 PM
That's a very nice gesture by ISU.

dewey
January 8th, 2015, 09:17 PM
Very nice gesture by ISU.

Dewey

bisoninloveland
January 8th, 2015, 10:42 PM
very nice redbird nation!

Go...gate
January 8th, 2015, 11:41 PM
Well done, ISU.

RabidRabbit
January 9th, 2015, 08:51 AM
When the heart attack occurred in the stands of the EWU-ISU Semi-final, it was such a reminder of the importance of football vs family. Sorry to read that Jake lost his dad from that event.

Class move by ISU. Class move at the end of the game by EWU to not extend (through use of TO) a game they weren't going to win to get off the field to deal better with the tragedy in the stands.

100%GRIZ
January 9th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Total Class - Prayers to the entire EWU family!

Jrbird2
January 9th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Very proud of my university right now!

UIWWildthing
January 9th, 2015, 12:01 PM
That's awesome! Hats off to ISU

Catsfan90
January 11th, 2015, 06:52 AM
This is the reason we have a playoff! If we had a BCS style game, the redbirds at the #5 seed wuld never have had a chance to prove themselves. This is why I love FCS college football. The two best teams in the nation were able to come together and play one of the best FCS games I have ever seen. Congrats redbirds, nothing to be ashamed of. That game could have gone either way! I look for ISU-R to win the NC in the near future.

BisoNick
January 11th, 2015, 08:40 AM
Absolutely amazing effort by ISU yesterday. They were showing flashes of the UNH comeback. So close to completing it. Hell of a game by the entire team. They will be back with Roberson and Coprich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HandoEX
January 11th, 2015, 09:55 PM
Illinois State fans should be very proud...a great team with a great coaching staff and a gesture like this shows the class of the program.

NDSUSR
January 11th, 2015, 10:01 PM
Nobody has mentioned it but it was nice to see:

In another sign of sportsmanship, the NDSU and Illinois State players not involved in the pregame coin toss walked out on the field to shake hands with each other. It was a sign of mutual respect between two teams from the same conference.

citdog
January 11th, 2015, 10:11 PM

In another sign of sportsmanship, the NDSU and Illinois State players not involved in the pregame coin toss walked out on the field to shake hands with each other. It was a sign of mutual respect between two teams from the same conference.

I thought that's what the pushing and shoving at the end of the game were about.

Bisonwinagn
January 11th, 2015, 10:42 PM

This is what every team in the valley does before each game instead of having a post game handshake.

PantherRob82
January 11th, 2015, 10:49 PM
I thought that's what the pushing and shoving at the end of the game were about.

They were just celebrating the Bison win with them. xlolx

NDSUSR
January 12th, 2015, 01:43 AM
This is what every team in the valley does before each game instead of having a post game handshake.

Yes, but this was a championship game. :)

Bisonator
January 12th, 2015, 08:01 AM
They were just celebrating the Bison win with them. xlolx

Indeed. :D

Yes, but this was a championship game. :)

Yeah the MVFC championship game. xthumbsupx