PDA

View Full Version : Cal Poly football going to the Dark Side for the 2015 football season.

slostang
January 6th, 2015, 12:48 AM
New Black uniforms.

Link: https://mobile.twitter.com/Joshbrown66/media/grid?idx=0&tid=552350275521220609

MR. CHICKEN
January 6th, 2015, 07:22 AM
20447..........OBISPO...IN MOURNIN'.....O'...EQUESTRIAN PROGRAM?..........AWK!

Catsfan90
January 6th, 2015, 07:27 AM
I am extremely color blind, but those look green to me..... Am I just seeing it wrong?

MR. CHICKEN
January 6th, 2015, 07:31 AM
I am extremely color blind, but those look green to me..... Am I just seeing it wrong?

....IFIN' YER CB....DOESN'T...COLOR GREEN...LOOK RED?.......HOWEVERAH......GREEN SLEEVES.....ON BLACK SHIRT...APPEARS TA ME....AWK!

Catsfan90
January 6th, 2015, 07:34 AM
....IFIN' YER CB....DOESN'T...COLOR GREEN...LOOK RED?.......HOWEVERAH......GREEN SLEEVES.....ON BLACK SHIRT...APPEARS TA ME....AWK!
Okay now I see it, the green sleeves threw me off. I saw the rest of it as dark green instead of black, it must have been the contrast. And maybe color blind wasn't the proper term. I always fail those tests at the doctors when it comes to differentiating contrasts, but obviously I don't know what I'm deficient in. Because I clearly can't see it lol.

MR. CHICKEN
January 6th, 2015, 08:13 AM
.....JES'..PULLIN' YER COLLAR....CAT......DOODLE-DOO!

Bisonator
January 6th, 2015, 08:16 AM
Why do so many schools want black uni's? Are they cheaper?? Just a fad???

rokamortis
January 6th, 2015, 08:27 AM

I think they are a fad. We have black uniforms but had them before they became popular and because the athletic department uses black as a school color.

I'm not a fan of the Cal POly uniforms green sleeves. I think the 'stealth' style uniform looks much better.

Here is an example from Vandy. http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/vanderbilt-football/vanderbilt-debuts-all-black-uniforms/

slostang
January 6th, 2015, 09:33 AM
Why do so many schools want black uni's? Are they cheaper?? Just a fad???Have you ever watch YouTube videos of teams reactions to their school revealing new black uniforms? The players go nuts. 18 to 22 year old players love them. I talked to the Cal Poly AD and he said there has not been a single year since he has been at Cal Poly that he has not been visited multiple times by groups of players begging him for Black uniforms. I guess he finally gave in.

slostang
January 6th, 2015, 09:38 AM
I think they are a fad. We have black uniforms but had them before they became popular and because the athletic department uses black as a school color.

I'm not a fan of the Cal POly uniforms green sleeves. I think the 'stealth' style uniform looks much better.

Here is an example from Vandy. http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/vanderbilt-football/vanderbilt-debuts-all-black-uniforms/Cal Poly's primary colors are green and gold and black is a accent color so I like the green and gold sleeves. They also have the same style jerseys that are Green with Gold sleeves with a white stripe. I like them.

clenz
January 6th, 2015, 10:06 AM
Have you ever watch YouTube videos of teams reactions to their school revealing new black uniforms? The players go nuts. 18 to 22 year old players love them. I talked to the Cal Poly AD and he said there has not been a single year since he has been at Cal Poly that he has not been visited multiple times by groups of players begging him for Black uniforms. I guess he finally gave in.
Exactly this.

UNI did black tops once in 2009. They did them on the cheap. It looked terrible. Hasn't happened since. Not sure if it will again.

The use of black in uniforms might be the single most divisive topic in the UNI fan base. The basketball team has black alternate uniforms this year. Brought about a great amount of debate.

School colors are puprle and old gold...yet athletics uses purple and yellow...
Black and white are accent colors
The womens teams use a lot of dark grey for uniforms and accents.

All about keeping players happy and recruits interested while balancing the fan happiness of use of color

veinup
January 6th, 2015, 11:22 AM
so .. the kids think its "badass" or something? lol

Missingnumber7
January 6th, 2015, 11:39 AM
The college i started at wore black unis, but then decided that purple pants and helmets would look cool, not a good look.

But black unis is an appeal to the kids thing. Those don't look terrible, but there are better ones out there.

clenz
January 6th, 2015, 11:41 AM
so .. the kids think its "badass" or something? lol
"badass"? No.
"Swagalicious"? Extremely

Gil Dobie
January 6th, 2015, 11:46 AM

It used to be cool, but they too many schools went with this fad that it's not a big deal anymore.

veinup
January 6th, 2015, 11:51 AM
"badass"? No.
"Swagalicious"? Extremely

hahaha. i don't see it. but i am over 25 years old. i mean .. the bad guys in mighty ducks wear black unis, come on

clenz
January 6th, 2015, 11:52 AM
hahaha. i don't see it. but i am over 25 years old. i mean .. the bad guys in mighty ducks wear black unis, come on
I'm over 25 as well.

I get it.

Is it over done? Sure. I still get it.

McNeese75
January 7th, 2015, 07:29 PM

Makes the fat guys look slim?????

BISON Thunder
January 7th, 2015, 07:55 PM
I agree Slostang...they look good!

Cal Poly's primary colors are green and gold and black is a accent color so I like the green and gold sleeves. They also have the same style jerseys that are Green with Gold sleeves with a white stripe. I like them.

Hammerhead
January 8th, 2015, 03:46 PM
Everybody knows wearing black makes you tougher. That's why the Oakland Raiders are so good. :p

slostang
June 14th, 2015, 03:34 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20831&stc=1

slostang
June 14th, 2015, 03:41 AM
.http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20832&stc=1
They match the new green uniforms the got last year.

Go Green
June 14th, 2015, 06:51 AM
It used to be cool, but they too many schools went with this fad that it's not a big deal anymore.

Tell that to Penn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utYvfBksfwg

And by the way, this was pretty much the high point of their 2014 season, which makes the video all the more ridiculous.

:)

coover
June 15th, 2015, 12:23 PM
Thankfully, Cal Poly plays most of their home games at 6:05 PM Pacific. San Luis Obispo can be very hot and black uniforms at 1:30 with a temperature over 80 can make for a very bad day. By 6, the ocean breezes have cooled the area, so black is not so bad then. Still, I prefer the Forest Green color, which, too, absorbs a lot of the Sun's heat, and I will be rooting again for the Green and Gold of my alma mater.

Go Mustangs!