PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette Bye Week before Lehigh game

SingForever
December 30th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Looks like Lafayette is strategizing - 2015 will be the second year in a row that they have a bye week before the Lehigh game. It certainly didn't hurt them this year. I think that Lehigh should strongly consider doing the same thing with their schedule to neutralize any advantage it might give Lafayette. What do you think?

Lehigh Football Nation
December 30th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Looks like Lafayette is strategizing - 2015 will be the second year in a row that they have a bye week before the Lehigh game. It certainly didn't hurt them this year. I think that Lehigh should strongly consider doing the same thing with their schedule to neutralize any advantage it might give Lafayette. What do you think?

I very much dislike losing "momentum" at the end of the season in regards to a very late bye week. Besides, it wasn't the bye week that won them the game. IMO.

SingForever
December 30th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Looks like Lafayette is looking for an advantage - a bye week before the Lehigh game - just like they did last season. Something tells me that Lehigh should consider doing the same thing. Any comments?

ursus arctos horribilis
December 30th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Looks like Lafayette is looking for an advantage - a bye week before the Lehigh game - just like they did last season. Something tells me that Lehigh should consider doing the same thing. Any comments?

Why are you making two threads on the same topic here?

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 30th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Why are you making two threads on the same topic here?

Because its just so interesting!

BucBisonAtLarge
December 30th, 2014, 06:16 PM
Every week of Patriot League match-ups one team sits down or plays elsewhere. That is the nature of the of a seven-team conference schedule. (Lehigh and Lafayette never have to worry about drawing the final week's bye or OOC, however.)

NY Crusader 2010
December 30th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Yawn -- wouldn't the week before the game be a Patriot League game week? Therefore, the bye is more a function of the PL having an odd number of teams than Lafayette strategically taking a week off.

Pard4Life
December 30th, 2014, 06:21 PM
I dislike the bye before the Lehigh game. It's a reason why we struggled all season... No break in the schedule to rest and recallibrate until the season is over.

DFW HOYA
December 30th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Lehigh and Lafayette never have to worry about drawing the final week's bye or OOC, however.

Imagine if that happened...

http://phandroid.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Simpsons-Angry-Mob.png

Bill
December 30th, 2014, 06:32 PM

http://phandroid.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Simpsons-Angry-Mob.png
Ah, graduation weekend at Colgate ��

RichH2
December 30th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Summer inane topics starting early this year :)

Franks Tanks
December 30th, 2014, 09:28 PM

I think you ate paint chips as a child. Also you were probably Lehigh's scholar-athlete of the year at one time.

Lehigh'98
December 30th, 2014, 10:01 PM

Why would it? One of the few games that draws a crowd in our league. The other final week games should be Colgate Fordham and Bucknell-HC with Georgetown not included until they make some type of football committment.

ngineer
December 30th, 2014, 11:00 PM
I think it better to have the bye week in mid October. Helps get a lot of people rejuvenated for the League run. I don't see the bye week before L-L having any impact either way. It was not the reason we lost this year. A lot of other candidates for that.

Pards Rule
January 2nd, 2015, 01:43 PM
I dislike the bye before the Lehigh game. It's a reason why we struggled all season... No break in the schedule to rest and recallibrate until the season is over.

Look kill two weeks with one stone - schedule UNH AND get a bye week! There you go!!

carney2
January 2nd, 2015, 02:43 PM
No "gaming" going on at Lafayette. No one in authority cares enough to give it that much thought.

ngineer
January 2nd, 2015, 10:00 PM
No "gaming" going on at Lafayette. No one in authority cares enough to give it that much thought.

+ Tru dat

Go...gate
January 2nd, 2015, 10:19 PM
Army and Navy have done this for years.

Pards Rule
January 4th, 2015, 08:09 AM
When I saw the schedule I thought it was a smart move. The team was mentally zapped a few years back losing in the last six seconds week before to Holy Cross (for the PL championship) the week before Lehigh in 2008 and never got into the game that year. This year they got a last second field goal Nov. 8th in Hamilton NY (I was there - my first game at Andy Kerr) and had two weeks to prepare but lost number 2 QB in prep in the week leading up to the game.