PDA

View Full Version : SoCon prediction 11/18

walliver
November 15th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Georgia Southern 28 Central Arkansas 10 - After playing Furman and Appalachain close, I feel the Eagles will pull one out this weekend. Losing to a mid-major and a transitional team in the same year would be too much for many Eagle fans to accept.

Florida 56 - Western Carolina 0 - Cat fans should be glad that Steve "run up the score" Spurrier is now coaching somewhere else (with a team that can't run up the score on anybody). Although I would love to see a Western victory to somehow salvage this season ... I believe in miracles, but this is asking too much.

Wofford 28 - Gardner-Webb 17 - The Terriers are playing well lately, but don't seem to win easily when ending the season with a Big South Opponent. After last year's near complete collapse in Boiling Springs last year, I suspect this game will be close into the 4th quarter.

Elon 21 - Citadel 20 - Probably the best game of the weekend. I'll give the edge to the home team.

App State should role over Open.

Furman should slip by Open.

Chatty can celebrate knowing their season is over.

MYTAPPY
November 15th, 2006, 10:43 AM
App State: 51
Open: 2

We have a tendancy to snap the ball over our quarterbacks head in the endzone. That is where Open gets the 2.

Death Dealer
November 15th, 2006, 11:56 AM
FU 21
Open 17

We go into halftime up 21-0, but failing to score in the second half, we allow Open to slip within a score before finishing them off late in the fourth with an interception in our own endzone. xlolx :bang:

MarkCCU
November 15th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Open is so talented they play the two schools on the same day....that's talent that only money can buy

BeauFoster
November 15th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Open needs to be tested between games, they have to have some juiced players. At least they play both at home, though.

BeauFoster
November 15th, 2006, 12:14 PM
GSU v Central Arkansas - GSU should win this game but with the year that they have had one doesn't know. GSU by 7.

WCU v Florida - Nothing to say about this one. UF by 60+ (in the first half)

Wofford v Gardner-Webb - Wofford is one hot team right now. Look for a large margin of victory. Terriers by 21.

Elon v El Cid - Home team gets 2.5, that should be good enough for me. Cid by a field goal

OL FU
November 15th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Central Arkansas will realize this is the SoCon not the Southlands
GSU by 14

WCU in the upset.

Wofford is playing for a top 25 pre-season 2007 ranking and wins by 17

Elon by 4 (They are are home)

BeauFoster
November 15th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Central Arkansas will realize this is the SoCon not the Southlands
GSU by 14

WCU in the upset.

Wofford is playing for a top 25 pre-season 2007 ranking and wins by 17

Elon by 4 (They are are home)

My bad, change my pick to Elon by a field goal then!:bang:

Go Apps
November 15th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Elon 31 Citadel 20

GSU 42 C. Ark 17

Wofford 45 GW 24

ASU Kep
November 15th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Georgia Southern 28 Central Arkansas 10 - After playing Furman and Appalachain close, I feel the Eagles will pull one out this weekend. Losing to a mid-major and a transitional team in the same year would be too much for many Eagle fans to accept.

Florida 56 - Western Carolina 0 - Cat fans should be glad that Steve "run up the score" Spurrier is now coaching somewhere else (with a team that can't run up the score on anybody). Although I would love to see a Western victory to somehow salvage this season ... I believe in miracles, but this is asking too much.

Wofford 28 - Gardner-Webb 17 - The Terriers are playing well lately, but don't seem to win easily when ending the season with a Big South Opponent. After last year's near complete collapse in Boiling Springs last year, I suspect this game will be close into the 4th quarter.

Elon 21 - Citadel 20 - Probably the best game of the weekend. I'll give the edge to the home team.

App State should role over Open.

Furman should slip by Open.

Chatty can celebrate knowing their season is over.

They already have (CCSU + NDSU). :o

I really do hate to say it, but I think UCA takes this one.

Mountaineer#96
November 15th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Elon 30 - Citadel 28 ........this one comes down to the last play, but Elon wins it and gains some more respect in the SoCon.

Wofford 31 -Gardner Webb 10 .........wish Wofford was going to the playoffs, I think they deserve it. Wofford pounds the option into the Webbies all day.

Florida 88 - WCU 0......... 3rd Q comes and the Florida staff starts suiting up students outta the crowd in pads and helmets to play the rest of the game.

GSU 24 - Cent. Arkansas 17.......the Eagles roll into next year on a high note somewhat. They will be pretty good next year me thinks.

Mountaineer#96
November 15th, 2006, 03:54 PM
As for the playoff teams:

Furman 30 - Open 29.........Furman comes out strong but fades in the second half and holds on with the win intact as time expires.

ASU 45 - Open 3..........seeing that they were somehow scheduled for two games against the two top SoCon teams on the same day, that they had to travel to Boone, and ASU's over all lethality. Open sends the 1st teamers to Furman to attempt to pull a 1-1 draw and take the impending ASU loss. They try hard but the students break their busses windows and attack their mode of transportaion......the excuse. "It said "open" on the front."

Death Dealer
November 15th, 2006, 04:01 PM

Furman 30 - Open 29.........Furman comes out strong but fades in the second half and holds on with the win intact as time expires.

ASU 45 - Open 3..........seeing that they were somehow scheduled for two games against the two top SoCon teams on the same day, that they had to travel to Boone, and ASU's over all lethality. Open sends the 1st teamers to Furman to attempt to pull a 1-1 draw and take the impending ASU loss. They try hard but the students break their busses windows and attack their mode of transportaion......the excuse. "It said "open" on the front."xlolx xlolx xlolx

The rumor is there will also be some pizzas laying around the parking lot.xlolx xlolx

ErkPeterson
November 15th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Regardless of how we do Saturday...I will be this guy in a park until kickoff 2007. Congrats to FU & Appy, and all the rest of the SoCon teams that spanked our behind's this year. Beleive it or not we will be pulling for ya'll in the playoffs. Cheers! Lets see another SoCon NC in 06 !!!!
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f352/ErkPeterson/myspace-codes-animations-110.gif

BeauFoster
November 15th, 2006, 04:11 PM

ASU 45 - Open 3..........seeing that they were somehow scheduled for two games against the two top SoCon teams on the same day, that they had to travel to Boone, and ASU's over all lethality. Open sends the 1st teamers to Furman to attempt to pull a 1-1 draw and take the impending ASU loss. They try hard but the students break their busses windows and attack their mode of transportaion......the excuse. "It said "open" on the front."

Have you seen the holes in Open's second team secondary? Armanti has 2 passing TDs and runs for another in the first half. Trey has 3 passing in the third and Chase gets 2 passing in the fourth. We have to run all the plays to make sure that the backups are solid.

catamount man
November 15th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Gators-70
my Cats-7

UCA-14
GSU-24

WOFF-34
GWU-21

Citadel-28
Elon-24

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Seven Would Be Nice
November 15th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Open is so talented they play the two schools on the same day....that's talent that only money can buy

Open out-coached us all season... watch out for them. Good luck to both of you.

ASU Kep
November 15th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Regardless of how we do Saturday...I will be this guy in a park until kickoff 2007. Congrats to FU & Appy, and all the rest of the SoCon teams that spanked our behind's this year. Beleive it or not we will be pulling for ya'll in the playoffs. Cheers! Lets see another SoCon NC in 06 !!!!http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f352/ErkPeterson/myspace-codes-animations-110.gif

We 'preciate it. I pulled for you guys in '04...granted it didn't help that much, but hey...I tried!

SirApp
November 15th, 2006, 09:18 PM
UCA 24 GaSo 21
Elon 28 Citadel 24
Wofford 45 GW 17

Florida ?? WCU 3
Sorry Cats :(

ASU Kep
November 15th, 2006, 09:52 PM
UCA - 17
GSU - 13 (hope you guys pull it out, though)

Elon - 35
El Cid - 14

Woffy - 49
GWU - 10

UF - 77
WCU - 3 (being generous here). :(

PaladinFan
November 15th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Open out-coached us all season... watch out for them. Good luck to both of you.

anyone seen a greased up deaf guy?

BULLDOG8180
November 16th, 2006, 07:20 AM
Have you seen the holes in Open's second team secondary? Armanti has 2 passing TDs and runs for another in the first half. Trey has 3 passing in the third and Chase gets 2 passing in the fourth. We have to run all the plays to make sure that the backups are solid.

The Citadel beat open handily earlier in the season, I don't think Appy or FU will have a problem this week. However, beating them never feels much like a victory, but sometimes it is a relieve to have them on the schedule.