PDA

View Full Version : Who's better Illinois State or NDSU?

Dakotaguy74
December 25th, 2014, 06:22 AM
This Jackrabbit thought Illinois State bigger, stronger tougher than NDSU. What do some UNI Panthers think?

Twentysix
December 25th, 2014, 06:54 AM
ISUr could be. It should be a great game. Probably the best NC in years.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 25th, 2014, 07:21 AM
We'll find out!

ISUMatt
December 25th, 2014, 08:21 AM
With 3 straight championships already in pocket and 13-1 record entering their 4th straight NC game, there is no way this Redbirds fan is saying ISUr is better... That said I sure hope we win, sure would made my trip to Frisco worth it!

ISUMatt

underdawg
December 25th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Better at what?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 25th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Better at what?

Beating SIU for sure!

Ill State beat them 44-29 and the Bison beat them 38-10.....xthumbsupx

Gil Dobie
December 25th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Beating SIU for sure!

Obvious take away is that the ISUR offense is a little better and the Bison defense is better by a bigger margin.

underdawg
December 25th, 2014, 02:05 PM
Beating SIU for sure!

Congrats to both teams. They deserve to be where they are and are the pride of all MVFC fans. I was referring to the fact that both teams had their strength--NDSU on defense and ISU on offense. Just please don't let head bloat get to you, it's nasty when it's exploded---ISU by seven

CasualFan
December 25th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Hmm, a little transitive property of football:

Indiana State: ISU +2, NDSU +17 -- +15 NDSU
Missouri State: ISU +14, NDSU +35 -- +21 NDSU
Northern Iowa: ISU -14, NDSU -20, -- +6 ISU
South Dakota: ISU +19, NDSU +40 -- +21 NDSU
South Dakota State: ISU +35, NDSU +20, -- +15 ISU **used the regular season game for NDSU, otherwise +32 ISU**
Southern Illinois: ISU +15, NDSU +28 -- +13 NDSU
Western Illinois: ISU +3, NDSU +7 -- +4 NDSU
Youngstown State: ISU +14, NDSU +24 -- +10 NDSU

6-2 NDSU

NoDak 4 Ever
December 25th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Hmm, a little transitive property of football:

Indiana State: ISU +2, NDSU +17 -- +15 NDSU
Missouri State: ISU +14, NDSU +35 -- +21 NDSU
Northern Iowa: ISU -14, NDSU -20, -- +6 ISU
South Dakota: ISU +19, NDSU +40 -- +21 NDSU
South Dakota State: ISU +35, NDSU +20, -- +15 ISU **used the regular season game for NDSU, otherwise +32 ISU**
Southern Illinois: ISU +15, NDSU +28 -- +13 NDSU
Western Illinois: ISU +3, NDSU +7 -- +4 NDSU
Youngstown State: ISU +14, NDSU +24 -- +10 NDSU

6-2 NDSU

If you just look at the whole schedule you see that NDSUs defense outperformed ISUs with a much harder schedule. This looks almost exactly like the first Sam Houston game.

Professor Chaos
December 25th, 2014, 10:03 PM
This Jackrabbit thought Illinois State bigger, stronger tougher than NDSU. What do some UNI Panthers think?

Curious what you're basing this opinion off of. I didn't see any of the ISU/SDSU game but was surprised by how ISU rolled the Jacks. However, looking at the box score the Jacks rolled up 400+ yards of offense despite only scoring 10 points. Looks like turnovers really killed them. That was also with Lujan, not Sumner. Box scores don't tell the whole story so just curious what you're basing your opinion off of.

BisonLurker
December 26th, 2014, 12:53 AM
These teams seem almost an even match with the bits I've watched of Illinois state, but with the 3 straight natty's I'm going to have to think the bison have to be better this year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 26th, 2014, 07:17 AM
If you just look at the whole schedule you see that NDSUs defense outperformed ISUs with a much harder schedule. This looks almost exactly like the first Sam Houston game.

A well rested Bison defense......I'll take that over any offense in the FCS.

Bison 28-14

IBleedYellow
December 26th, 2014, 07:22 AM
Isn't it nice that we get to find this out in about 2 weeks, on the field?!

Catsfan90
December 26th, 2014, 05:53 PM
The team who wins the game is the better team! until then, this question is nothing but speculation!

BisoNick
December 26th, 2014, 10:22 PM
I really want NDSU to run away with it...
Not gonna happen. I think ISU will be ready. I still think our defense is doing well and will be well rested so that will be a plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redbird 4th & short
December 27th, 2014, 12:54 AM
For ISU vs SDSU.. After the games first 10 drives:

- SDSU had 227 total yards
- ISU had 444 total yards

The score was 45-3 with 12 mins left in Q3, so ISU went conservative and started rotating bench:

- SDSU had 206 total yards in their last 4 drives
- ISU had 54 total yards in their last 5 drives

Thats how they got to 400+. Same thing happened in playoffs against UNI (41-21 win) and EWU (59-46 win) .. both those teams got half of their yards and first downs during Q4, when we went conservative. We were up 34-7 against UNI and let up. Then we were up 45-20 against EWU and they started launching.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 27th, 2014, 07:30 AM
For ISU vs SDSU.. After the games first 10 drives:

- SDSU had 227 total yards
- ISU had 444 total yards

The score was 45-3 with 12 mins left in Q3, so ISU went conservative and started rotating bench:

- SDSU had 206 total yards in their last 4 drives
- ISU had 54 total yards in their last 5 drives

Thats how they got to 400+. Same thing happened in playoffs against UNI (41-21 win) and EWU (59-46 win) .. both those teams got half of their yards and first downs during Q4, when we went conservative. We were up 34-7 against UNI and let up. Then we were up 45-20 against EWU and they started launching.

SDSU's 3 turnovers in the 1st quarter that led to being down 21-0 didn't help either.

TennBison
December 27th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Isn't it nice that we get to find this out in about 2 weeks, on the field?!
I myself would rather have Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton, Condoleezza Rice, and the entire UND student body just vote on a winner and not even have to play the game.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2014, 08:16 AM
As far as how fans handle the 3 week layoff, there's no contest.

TheKingpin28
December 27th, 2014, 08:54 AM
I myself would rather have Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton, Condoleezza Rice, and the entire UND student body just vote on a winner and not even have to play the game.

Well Twitter always has experts so they could always suffice

Redbird 4th & short
December 27th, 2014, 09:12 AM
SDSU's 3 turnovers in the 1st quarter that led to being down 21-0 didn't help either.
True, our defense started with Punt, Fumble, Fumble, Pick

The first fumble was forced on a viscious hit on Zenner - we got it on their 32 and scored TD. The 2nd fumble was more mental by their QB who was rattled by our fast start - we got it on their 11 and scored TD. The Pick was a 3rd and 7 deep play which Dunmore snagged with a diving catch on our own 10 yard line .. so it amounted to a nice punt with no return. So we only got a short field on 2 of 3 turnovers.

But SDSU ran into a serious buzz saw that day in every phase of game. We knew they were a better team than what happened, but they had no answer for our speed and big play capability.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2014, 09:47 AM
True, our defense started with Punt, Fumble, Fumble, Pick

The first fumble was forced on a viscious hit on Zenner - we got it on their 32 and scored TD. The 2nd fumble was more mental by their QB who was rattled by our fast start - we got it on their 11 and scored TD. The Pick was a 3rd and 7 deep play which Dunmore snagged with a diving catch on our own 10 yard line .. so it amounted to a nice punt with no return. So we only got a short field on 2 of 3 turnovers.

But SDSU ran into a serious buzz saw that day in every phase of game. We knew they were a better team than what happened, but they had no answer for our speed and big play capability.

Are we really talking about the SDSU game played in early October? Can we then talk about the 20 pt win at the Big 12 team then? Who did ISU play in the first week? Miss Valley St.

The truth is, when you look at the entire season. ISU played a vastly weaker schedule at a +254 and NDSU played a much more difficult schedule at a +300.

They have played big recievers
They have played good running backs
They have played mobile quarterbacks
They have played tough defensive lines
They have played FBS transfers
They have played FBS whole teams

Mostly they have seen it all and done it all. They have been in big BIG games before. That ****ty field in Durham, NH will be nothing like the big stage in Frisco.

The seniors on this team have won 57 games and lost 3. At the end of this game, they will have more championships than losses. The stage is just too big

344Johnson
December 27th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Are we really talking about the SDSU game played in early October? Can we then talk about the 20 pt win at the Big 12 team then? Who did ISU play in the first week? Miss Valley St.

The truth is, when you look at the entire season. ISU played a vastly weaker schedule at a +254 and NDSU played a much more difficult schedule at a +300.

Mostly they have seen it all and done it all. They have been in big BIG games before. That ****ty field in Durham, NH will be nothing like the big stage in Frisco.

The seniors on this team have won 57 games and lost 3. At the end of this game, they will have more championships than losses. The stage is just too big

Please don't brag about the win over Iowa State. That team was awful. Yes, NDSU played a couple of non conference games that look impressive.

Iowa State was bad. Montana is a great name... But let's be honest... They struggled with USD.

These two teams both played everyone in the mvfc except one another... And lost to the same team. Who the teams played in non conference is really about as unimportant as it comes.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 27th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Please don't brag about the win over Iowa State. That team was awful. Yes, NDSU played a couple of non conference games that look impressive.

Iowa State was bad. Montana is a great name... But let's be honest... They struggled with USD.

These two teams both played everyone in the mvfc except one another... And lost to the same team. Who the teams played in non conference is really about as unimportant as it comes.

News flash _ND fan....Iowa State would beat 99% of FCS teams. Very good win for the Bison after trailing 0-14 into the 2nd quarter. Hitler Youth Board must be dead today...huh?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 27th, 2014, 10:21 AM

That is really impressive.

Theee Catrabbit
December 27th, 2014, 10:27 AM
TO be fair SDSU played ISU-R in what our own beat reporter(a guy who rarely takes good or bad, and just reports) called a dumpster fire. NDSU got the real shot of Sumner in the playoffs. ISU-R played our backup. I think this game is going to be close, very close. Not ready to call a 3 pt ISU R victory. NDSU definitely has the been there done that mentality. ISU-R is playing the team on the field, NDSU is playing it's predecessors and history. A lot of pressure on both sides to win this thing. I just don't know.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2014, 10:35 AM
News flash _ND fan....Iowa State would beat 99% of FCS teams. Very good win for the Bison after trailing 0-14 into the 2nd quarter. Hitler Youth Board must be dead today...huh?

Seriously what a ****ing troll. I'd put Iowa State up against Miss Valley, EIU, and Austin Peay. Now that is a pretty terrible OOC schedule.

Theee Catrabbit
December 27th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Seriously what a ****ing troll. I'd put Iowa State up against Miss Valley, EIU, and Austin Peay. Now that is a pretty terrible OOC schedule.

What is an "Austin Peay"? The Jacks could have used one of those this year.......

Redbird 4th & short
December 27th, 2014, 02:12 PM

I was responding to other posts about our SDSU game and giving up 400+ yards.

Would you rather we talked about our recent UNI game versus your recent UNI game ?

344Johnson
December 27th, 2014, 02:15 PM

99%? You think only NDSU and maybe one other FCS team are the only two capable of beating a team that won like 2 games? Shows what you think about the FCS. The only thing that made that a good win was beating a team with 85 scholarships and is a major university.

It is a bad noncon. No disagreement there. They still played 8 common opponents with NDSU... And beat the same ones and lost to the same one.

Very silly logic to look at 2 teams with identical records against 8 common opponents and say "well we played a better OOC so we are better."

Probably will be a good game in Texas. I don't see any value in measuring teams OOC when they both played a ton of the same teams.

Redbird 4th & short
December 27th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Wow, touched a chord without even trying.

FYI, we had Ball St before they insisted on buying us out. So we had to scramble to find a home game and were forced to take a 2nd patsy.

Last year, Ball State and EIU were both very tough teams on our schedule and we finished last season with toughest SOS in FCS.

So what about Incarnate Word (2-10) and Weber St (2-9) .. you beat the latter by just 17 points .. do they count ?

World
December 27th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Who is better, Illinois State or NDSU?

the answer is simple

very simple, indeed

BisonFan02
December 27th, 2014, 02:52 PM
Who is better, Illinois State or NDSU?

the answer is simple

very simple, indeed

Lehigh?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2014, 02:57 PM
I was responding to other posts about our SDSU game and giving up 400+ yards.

Would you rather we talked about our recent UNI game versus your recent UNI game ?

All you want to talk about is the UNI game. You seem to think this is just another conference game. If that's the case NDSU is 5-2 against ISU including 3 in a row.

Redbird 4th & short
December 27th, 2014, 03:59 PM
All you want to talk about is the UNI game. You seem to think this is just another conference game. If that's the case NDSU is 5-2 against ISU including 3 in a row.
I dont understand your thought process. I explained my SDSU comments were in response to another poster saying we gave up 400+ yards to SDSU. I provided info relative to that.

Someone said our SDSU game was too long ago. So I then brought up UNI, which is the most recent common opponent.

Now you say I am arguing this is just another conference game .. I never said that or even inferred that. We've played 3 playoff games to get here. I fully get this is national championship. But when looking at each teams strengths and weakness, it is inevitable we will look at key common opponents. SDSU, UNI, and InSU are the best common opponents.

I also understand why you guys are favorites .. partly your 3 year national title run, and partly your results this season. But if I look at our last 6 games, including our playoffs, compare to NDSU's last 6 games. We had a much tougher playoff road and did better against stronger slate. So I think right now, we are playing very well and like our chances.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2014, 04:08 PM
I dont understand your thought process. I explained my SDSU comments were in response to another poster saying we gave up 400+ yards to SDSU. I provided info relative to that.

Someone said our SDSU game was too long ago. So I then brought up UNI, which is the most recent common opponent.

Now you say I am arguing this is just another conference game .. I never said that or even inferred that. We've played 3 playoff games to get here. I fully get this is national championship. But when looking at each teams strengths and weakness, it is inevitable we will look at key common opponents. SDSU, UNI, and InSU are the best common opponents.

I also understand why you guys are favorites .. partly your 3 year national title run, and partly your results this season. But if I look at our last 6 games, including our playoffs, compare to NDSU's last 6 games. We had a much tougher playoff road and did better against stronger slate. So I think right now, we are playing very well and like our chances.

A tough playoff road does not success make. You seem to want to make the sample size just large enough to predict an advantage for your team.

Your strengths aren't anything these guys haven't already seen. That's the point of my earlier post.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 27th, 2014, 08:05 PM
99%? You think only NDSU and maybe one other FCS team are the only two capable of beating a team that won like 2 games? Shows what you think about the FCS. The only thing that made that a good win was beating a team with 85 scholarships and is a major university.

It is a bad noncon. No disagreement there. They still played 8 common opponents with NDSU... And beat the same ones and lost to the same one.

Very silly logic to look at 2 teams with identical records against 8 common opponents and say "well we played a better OOC so we are better."

Probably will be a good game in Texas. I don't see any value in measuring teams OOC when they both played a ton of the same teams.

No, it shows what I think of NDSU. Yes, Iowa State would beat 99% of FCS teams this year.

344Johnson
December 27th, 2014, 09:09 PM
No, it shows what I think of NDSU. Yes, Iowa State would beat 99% of FCS teams this year.

So at most... One other team could beat them...a 2-10 Iowa State. Alright then.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2014, 09:49 PM
So at most... One other team could beat them...a 2-10 Iowa State. Alright then.

One of those two wins was a bowl bound Toledo team who throttled the #1 seed in the FCS playoffs so, maybe.

Doesn't Notre Dame have a practice video you can go watch or something?

RollBirds
December 27th, 2014, 09:57 PM

Iowa State is a joke, they beat who? A bad Big Ten team and a middle of the road MAC school. Theres a reason their starting QB from 2 years ago didn't make it when he came to the ILSTU, there a joke. NDSU has a good squad, but don't pride yourself on beating a terrible FBS team just because they're in the Big XII. You can't use that game as the main reason NDSU is better then the real ISU.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2014, 10:04 PM
Iowa State is a joke, they beat who? A bad Big Ten team and a middle of the road MAC school. Theres a reason their starting QB from 2 years ago didn't make it when he came to the ILSTU, there a joke. NDSU has a good squad, but don't pride yourself on beating a terrible FBS team just because they're in the Big XII. You can't use that game as the main reason NDSU is better then the real ISU.

It simply illustrates the difference in the schedule. Iowa State is better than any OOC team that ISU played. So, you take a tougher OOC and an almost identical conference schedule you can see that the +20ppg is better than the +18ppg in quality as well as actual value.

Do you know how many of you guys we've seen over the last 4 years?

RollBirds
December 27th, 2014, 10:06 PM
It simply illustrates the difference in the schedule. Iowa State is better than any OOC team that ISU played. So, you take a tougher OOC and an almost identical conference schedule you can see that the +20ppg is better than the +18ppg in quality as well as actual value.

Do you know how many of you guys we've seen over the last 4 years?

Yeah, 4 because we played you guys each of the last 4 years.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2014, 10:12 PM
Yeah, 4 because we played you guys each of the last 4 years.

and you're 0-3 still pending this result.

344Johnson
December 27th, 2014, 10:18 PM
One of those two wins was a bowl bound Toledo team who throttled the #1 seed in the FCS playoffs so, maybe.

Doesn't Notre Dame have a practice video you can go watch or something?

You must not understand how sports work.

Last year.. Iowa State lost to yet another FCS team. They aren't a good football program... Not sure they ever have been. Is NDSU a good team... Absolutely, but beating Iowa St should not be toward the top of the list of reasons you use to justify it.

I'm looking forward to the Irish bowl game. I'm guessing they'll end up losing but we'll see. Practice videos would not be overly exciting.

RollBirds
December 27th, 2014, 10:22 PM
and you're 0-3 still pending this result.

Well it's a good thing we don't have to play the teams of the last 3 years and only have to play this years squad. But late congrats on winning the last 3 game we played. But we did get the better of you guys in normal in 2010 that's about as relevant and the last 3 times we played, your and our OOC, and the 11 extra games your seniors have played then ours. EWU and UNH's Seniors played more games than ours as well but that seemed to not help them that much. It's a cool statistic, but now your just nit picking for an advantage.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Well it's a good thing we don't have to play the teams of the last 3 years and only have to play this years squad. But late congrats on winning the last 3 game we played. But we did get the better of you guys in normal in 2010 that's about as relevant and the last 3 times we played, your and our OOC, and the 11 extra games your seniors have played then ours. EWU and UNH's Seniors played more games than ours as well but that seemed to not help them that much. It's a cool statistic, but now your just nit picking for an advantage.

Nope, just going with your dodges. Now let me get back to my original comment.

Throughout the last 60 games these seniors have played, 57 teams have sprouted up talking about how they are going to beat the Bison and 57 teams have failed. They have all talked about Indiana State in 2011, Youngstown State in 2012, and now UNI as how THEY were going to do it just like that and they haven't.

There isn't anything ISU has that the Bison haven't seen before. They are, to borrow a turn of phrase, "cool as the other side of the pillow"

RollBirds
December 27th, 2014, 10:41 PM
Nope, just going with your dodges. Now let me get back to my original comment.

Throughout the last 60 games these seniors have played, 57 teams have sprouted up talking about how they are going to beat the Bison and 57 teams have failed. They have all talked about Indiana State in 2011, Youngstown State in 2012, and now UNI as how THEY were going to do it just like that and they haven't.

There isn't anything ISU has that the Bison haven't seen before. They are, to borrow a turn of phrase, "cool as the other side of the pillow"

What happened 61 games, 64 games, 68 games ago?You guys had a great run 3 national titles a few conference championships but you guys aren't Bama.

Bisonoline
December 27th, 2014, 10:46 PM
What happened 61 games, 64 games, 68 games ago?You guys had a great run 3 national titles a few conference championships but you guys aren't Bama.

What does bama have to do with anything? Just some bs you throw in to keep this going?

Surprised you havent thrown in --your southern speed to scare us. :D

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2014, 10:47 PM

No we're not. We're ****in' NDSU!

NDSUSR
December 27th, 2014, 10:54 PM
I think its hilarious that ISU fans think they even have a chance of beating NDSU in Frisco. #****tards

REALBird
December 27th, 2014, 11:00 PM
No we're not. We're ****in' NDSU!
Well Damn! That says it all. I remember in that movie Forrest Gump when NDSU recruited Forrest, after he outran that kid, and Coach Bizon Bohl......Oh wait, THAT WAS Alabama.

I get the two schools confused all the time. RUN CROCKETT RUN! STOP CROCKETT STOP!

You guys are a hoot! Gameday shows up in downtown Fargo, not on campus..... and you guys are at the pinnacle of the college football landscape.

Make some more references to tickets, a wood chipper, and how you won 70 bazillion games with this senior group, and I think Redbird Nation will finally get scared!

Funny stuff!

REALBird
December 27th, 2014, 11:05 PM
I think its hilarious that ISU fans think they even have a chance of beating NDSU in Frisco. #****tards
Exactly! We DO believe that because Frisco ain't the Frozen Dome. Its plush green grass, Texas, and a neutral site. Plus, were not friggin Towson, or Sam Houston. We're Illinois State. Nothing against those other schools, but your Dome field advantage and all the liquor joints in Frisco having your colors won't mean as much. Our kids aren't going bar hoping, they're coming to WIN a football game at a neutral site.

Bisonoline
December 27th, 2014, 11:13 PM
Exactly! We DO believe that because Frisco ain't the Frozen Dome. Its plush green grass, Texas, and a neutral site. Plus, were not friggin Towson, or Sam Houston. We're Illinois State. Nothing against those other schools, but your Dome field advantage and all the liquor joints in Frisco having your colors won't mean as much. Our kids aren't going bar hoping, they're coming to WIN a football game at a neutral site.

Yeah our kids probably dont care what your shoveling either.

344Johnson
December 27th, 2014, 11:16 PM

I'll assume you are just doing a little smack. At least I hope so. It should be a good game.

NDSUSR
December 27th, 2014, 11:18 PM
I'll assume you are just doing a little smack. At least I hope so. It should be a good game.

Shaddap youse.... Cant I have any fun here?

NDSUSR
December 27th, 2014, 11:20 PM

Wager?

344Johnson
December 27th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Shaddap youse.... Cant I have any fun here?

Carry on!

NDSUSR
December 27th, 2014, 11:25 PM
Carry on!

Thank you Sir. Much obliged. SDSU > ISU.

Gil Dobie
December 27th, 2014, 11:26 PM

That terrible Iowa st team beat a good MAC Toledo who beat UNH rather handily. They also beat middle of the road Iowa who beat UNI. Iowa St might be terrible but they beat 2 FBS schools that top FCS schools couldn't.

Redbird 4th & short
December 27th, 2014, 11:31 PM
You must not understand how sports work.

Last year.. Iowa State lost to yet another FCS team. They aren't a good football program... Not sure they ever have been. Is NDSU a good team... Absolutely, but beating Iowa St should not be toward the top of the list of reasons you use to justify it.

I'm looking forward to the Irish bowl game. I'm guessing they'll end up losing but we'll see. Practice videos would not be overly exciting.

As a matter of fact, UNI beat Iowa State last year. And a few weeks later, UNI had NDSU beat, but lost in nice Q4 comeback 24-23. We beat UNI last year 13-3, despite our 5-6 record. And I do NOT believe Iowa St would beat 99% of FCS teams, though very convenient for you to presume that. But again UNI beat them last year.

And again, NDSU also played Incarnate Word (2-9) and Weber St (2-10), the latter admittedly better than Austin Peay and Miss Valley St. EIU gave Minnesota a run for their money. And had Ball State not chickened out of our game, our schedules would have been comparable. Montana is still very respectable and NDSU handled them easily, though score didn't reflect as much. But South Dakota made them sweat out a victory.

None of that changes a thing, but if we're going to beat our chests, let's at least make and acknowledge legitimate points.

p.s. I did not bring up the SDSU game, other posters did. I did bring up the UNI game when challenged about the SDSU game being so long ago.

RollBirds
December 27th, 2014, 11:36 PM
That terrible Iowa st team beat a good MAC Toledo who beat UNH rather handily. They also beat middle of the road Iowa who beat UNI. Iowa St might be terrible but they beat 2 FBS schools that top FCS schools couldn't.

And that same UNI team beat NDSU, but got throttled by ILSTU. (We're going to forget about the flukey first game)

clenz
December 27th, 2014, 11:37 PM
And that same UNI team beat NDSU, but got throttled by ILSTU. (We're going to forget about the flukey first game)

I would call the playoff game flukey...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Gil Dobie
December 27th, 2014, 11:39 PM

As a matter of fact, UNI beat Iowa State last year. And a few weeks later, UNI had NDSU beat, but lost in nice Q4 comeback 24-23. We beat UNI last year 13-3, despite our 5-6 record. And I do NOT believe Iowa St would beat 99% of FCS teams, though very convenient for you to presume that. But again UNI beat them last year.

And again, NDSU also played Incarnate Word (2-9) and Weber St (2-10), the latter admittedly better than Austin Peay and Miss Valley St. EIU gave Minnesota a run for their money. And had Ball State not chickened out of our game, our schedules would have been comparable. Montana is still very respectable and NDSU handled them easily, though score didn't reflect as much. But South Dakota made them sweat out a victory.

None of that changes a thing, but if we're going to beat our chests, let's at least make and acknowledge legitimate points.

p.s. I did not bring up the SDSU game, other posters did. I did bring up the UNI game when challenged about the SDSU game being so long ago.

Last year? Last year this was decided by a 28-10 NDSU win over ISUR.

clenz
December 27th, 2014, 11:40 PM
As a matter of fact, UNI beat Iowa State last year. And a few weeks later, UNI had NDSU beat, but lost in nice Q4 comeback 24-23. We beat UNI last year 13-3, despite our 5-6 record. that UNI team was missing a healthy DJ, healthy Sawyer, 2 starting WR, starting TE, best LB and 2 starting DL.

The UNI team you saw wasn't close to the same team Iowa State or NDSU saw

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

RollBirds
December 27th, 2014, 11:42 PM
Last year? Last year this was decided by a 28-10 NDSU win over ISUR.

It's a good thing we're playing this year then.

NDSUSR
December 27th, 2014, 11:45 PM

So You are going to have "Championship RunnerUp" shirts made I am assuming.

Gil Dobie
December 27th, 2014, 11:47 PM

Well I'm not playing, but our fav schools will be. :)

NDSUSR
December 27th, 2014, 11:49 PM

Yep, cause you beat us lately.... Oh wait....

RollBirds
December 27th, 2014, 11:52 PM
Yep, cause you beat us lately.... Oh wait....

We beat you guys in 2010 , which is as relevant as the next 3 games we played against y'all.

NDSUSR
December 27th, 2014, 11:55 PM
We beat you guys in 2010 , which is as relevant as the next 3 games we played against y'all.

Its a nice effort. Fell very short of smack, but after reading another thread Im not feeling smackish.
Have a wonderful evening.

Wallace
December 28th, 2014, 12:00 AM
Its a nice effort. Fell very short of smack, but after reading another thread Im not feeling smackish.
Have a wonderful evening.
good, because this is not the SMACK board

NDSUSR
December 28th, 2014, 12:06 AM
good, because this is not the SMACK board
Thanks for your ever so important input.

To quote you:

"back in the good days of AGS the sections were used. Now it seems that inaction rules - except personal admin (and friends) attacks - stuff is rarely moved to its correct place. Political for sure."

PantherRob82
December 28th, 2014, 12:28 AM
Yay! Only two more weeks of this. xrolleyesx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 28th, 2014, 07:39 AM

hey, johnycomelately....Iowa State might be a joke but they would still beat almost every FCS team this year.

I'm not.

The reason the Bison will win this game is because their defense is better. Giving up less yards/game and points/game.

Bisonator
December 28th, 2014, 11:34 AM
So let's recap....

NDSU is better because they beat a crappy Iowa State team in the first game of the season nearly 4 months ago and they have won the last 3 against ISUr with vastly different teams.

ISUr is better because they beat UNI who had beaten both NDSU and ISUr earlier and we should ignore the facts that UNI's OC sucks and UNI always ****s the bed in the playoffs.

Rinse and repeat a couple hundred times......

Sycamore62
December 28th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Man, it's hard to decide who to root for. After reading the last couple weeks of posts I'm trying to figure out how both teams could lose.

citdog
December 28th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Man, it's hard to decide who to root for. After reading the last couple weeks of posts I'm trying to figure out how both teams could lose.

See furman vs vmi

Sycamore62
December 28th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Here's how it can work: ISUr wins Spack goes FBS, ISUr hires another bad coach. Then NDSU's decline starts because Klienman can't win the big game.

centennial
December 28th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Here's how it can work: ISUr wins Spack goes FBS, ISUr hires another bad coach. Then NDSU's decline starts because Klienman can't win the big game.
How about- Klienman wins his first national championship as HC, Spack shows enough to get a MAC job and ISR is mediocre again. Everyone wins.

TheKingpin28
December 28th, 2014, 12:32 PM
How about- Klienman wins his first national championship as HC, Spack shows enough to get a MAC job and ISR is mediocre again. Everyone wins.

This works perfectly fine for me

TennBison
December 28th, 2014, 03:47 PM
There is nothing neutral about Frisco Tx

marenlee
December 28th, 2014, 04:13 PM

http://images.panoramas.com/media/catalog/product/f/c/fcs14d.jpg

Bisonoline
December 28th, 2014, 04:13 PM

Youre really not very good at this are you.xcoffeex

Sycamore62
December 28th, 2014, 04:30 PM

Ill go with mine. Only worried about 1 team winning.

REALBird
December 28th, 2014, 10:34 PM
[/B]

Well unless they put a roof over the stadium and put in spongy AstroTurf. We're going to show up anyway. LOL. Too damned late for intimidation. Frisco bound!

- - - Updated - - -

http://images.panoramas.com/media/catalog/product/f/c/fcs14d.jpg
Lots of Towson fans in that pic! LOL.

Gil Dobie
December 28th, 2014, 11:23 PM
Green and yellow has done pretty good against Illinois teams recently. Packer fans always remind me to wash my car after leaving Illinois. ;)