PDA

View Full Version : ESPN3 to become available to all DirectTV subscribers

hebmskebm
December 23rd, 2014, 03:59 PM
http://deadspin.com/espn3-is-finally-arriving-for-directv-customers-1674662624

Couldn't announce this before the playoffs, fellas? :D

blackbeard
December 23rd, 2014, 05:03 PM
Its the reason I left Direct TV in August.

Catsfan90
December 23rd, 2014, 05:51 PM
Same. It was the reason I didn't switch from Comcast.

pokefan02
December 23rd, 2014, 06:21 PM
Directv and Disney will be announcing a new contract in the next few weeks that will bring with it all of the different watch apps (watchESPN,watchDisney,and watchABC) plus Longhorn Network.

Sent from my HTC M8

ursus arctos horribilis
December 23rd, 2014, 06:49 PM
Hey man, that is great news.

centennial
December 23rd, 2014, 07:29 PM
This is why I got dish.

pokefan02
December 23rd, 2014, 07:59 PM
The press release states all new content will be available early 2015 and soon with the Directv everywhere app

Hammerhead
December 23rd, 2014, 11:01 PM
We have DirecTV for the Sunday Ticket. This is good news for us as I can drop Gameplan and watch games in HD instead.

Internet bandwidth isn't a problem here in the silicon forest.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4007818719.png (http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4007818719)

catamount man
December 24th, 2014, 07:35 AM
We have DirecTV for the Sunday Ticket. This is good news for us as I can drop Gameplan and watch games in HD instead.

Internet bandwidth isn't a problem here in the silicon forest.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4007818719.png (http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4007818719)

Yep, I'll probably drop gameplan as well. Won't have any need for it anymore. Kudos to ESPN and DTV for making this happen. GO CATS!!!

OSBF
December 24th, 2014, 07:40 AM
I thought it already was

I have the bare bones DTV package, no special sports pack or anything, and get all the ESPN's including 3 and U

BUT

I don't get any of the fox sports stuff, which really sucks during baseball season as all the STL games are on FSM

Thundar
December 24th, 2014, 09:15 AM
I thought it already was

I have the bare bones DTV package, no special sports pack or anything, and get all the ESPN's including 3 and U

BUT

I don't get any of the fox sports stuff, which really sucks during baseball season as all the STL games are on FSM

Think your confusing 3 with another channel, espn 3 is only available via the watch espn app

I have the premium package with the sports pack, get espn, espn2, espn u, espnews, espn gameplan

OSBF
December 24th, 2014, 09:29 AM
Think your confusing 3 with another channel, espn 3 is only available via the watch espn app

I have the premium package with the sports pack, get espn, espn2, espn u, espnews, espn gameplan

yeah, possible

This is the same package that we signed up for when DTV came out, sometime in the late 80's/early 90's

I've never upgraded, have the same receivers, all that jazz

Have had to upgrade the net card a couple of times

NDSUtk
December 24th, 2014, 10:19 AM
ESPN has made it a bit confusing.

ESPN3 is available via 2 methods:
1) A laptop/computer browser. If you go to a game on this, it depends on your internet provider to determine if you can watch ESPN3. However, this is only on a desktop or laptop. Mobile devices such as Android and iPad force you to use WatchESPN app, see next point. I am not sure about surface pro 3 since it is windows 8.1 it may be recognized as a laptop.

2) WatchESPN app...this is for mobile phones and tablets. This depends not on your internet provider but rather your cable provider. Very frustrating for those of us who have an internet provider who allows espn3 but can't use our tablet because we are a DirecTV subscriber.

Can't wait for this to happen.

100%GRIZ
December 24th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Got Dish & was able to watch ESPN3 during playoffs - was great because my ISP did not have ESPN3.

Sycamore62
December 24th, 2014, 11:15 AM
I dislike how the replays dont stream very good on espn3

Thundar
December 24th, 2014, 12:25 PM
yeah, possible

This is the same package that we signed up for when DTV came out, sometime in the late 80's/early 90's

how? DTV pretty much made me upgrade to new receivers and dish way back, when HD was full swing

Sycamore62
December 24th, 2014, 01:58 PM
yeah, possible

Wow. Do you have to get up to change channels with a big dial?

Hammerhead
December 24th, 2014, 02:42 PM
how? DTV pretty much made me upgrade to new receivers and dish way back, when HD was full swing

If you don't want HD channels, they let you keep the old equipment. I keep telling my in-laws that they should get an HD receiver or DVR now that they finally have an HDTV.