PDA

View Full Version : I-AA vs DII Games to be Cancelled?

I-AA Fan
June 26th, 2005, 05:34 PM
PSAC coaches authorize strike (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05174/527135.stm)

Nicholls St. vs Cheyney
James Madison vs Lock Haven
Towson vs. Lock Haven
Coastal Carolina vs. Mansfield
Delaware St. vs. Millersville
Delaware vs. West Chester
Youngstown vs. Slippery Rock

Don't completely quote me on the games, as I just did a general look up.

All of these games look to be in trouble. However, football is huge in the PSAC & they have many go to the NFL ... I suspect this will be settled quickly. If not, I see some I-AA teams scrambling to fill open dates. Also, according to a contact at the NCAA, if the strike prevents football play, the PSAC players will be allowed to transfer imediately without limitation and/or granted an additional year. I can tell you that I would think more than a few of these players would be of interest to UD (both Delaware and Dayton), DSU, Villanova, YSU, Duquesne, and others.

th0m
June 26th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Yeah there has already been a thread on this. I recall an interview with the Lock Haven coach saying something along the lines that everything will be done to keep the game from being cancelled, and that it will take place as planned.

D1B
June 26th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Welcome back Fan! We missed you. :)

blukeys
June 26th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Fan you missed
Cal U of Pa at Monmouth

a strike sets up some interesting matchups. UD and Youngstown would have an open date on 9/3 if the strike occurs but both would be giving up home games with their PSAC opponents. Monmouth and UD both would be open on 9/17.

Ronbo
June 26th, 2005, 10:57 PM
If Montana is lucky enough to have a chance tie with seconds left against Oregon, then Hauck would go for the tie and overtime. He is a Coach that goes by the book and the odds say you have a better chance of winning in overtime than going for two. Plus the fans would be too critical on him if he went for two and lost. He gets much less heat for going to overtime. And Montana would be praised for taking Oregon to overtime. Win or lose.

WCU LawCat
June 29th, 2005, 04:27 PM
are any of those games on nov 19th or oct 15th?

blukeys
June 29th, 2005, 04:43 PM
I think most of them are in September.

Sly Fox
June 29th, 2005, 05:05 PM
The Coastal/Mansfield game is November 12th.

JMU Duke Dog
June 30th, 2005, 07:51 AM
The Lock Haven at JMU game is scheduled for Sept. 3, 2005.
Hopefully this is the last season that the Dukes schedule Lock Haven.

Here are the Dukes' past results against Lock Haven:
9/4/04 W 62-7
9/2/00 W 72-0
9/4/93 W 55-3

WCU LawCat
June 30th, 2005, 11:11 AM
The reason I asked was because we have a 10 games schedule this year and our two open dates at Nov 19th and Oct 15th. Probably will not get an 11th game...but we are probably still looking.

GoGuins
June 30th, 2005, 11:28 AM
The Lock Haven at JMU game is scheduled for Sept. 3, 2005.
Hopefully this is the last season that the Dukes schedule Lock Haven.

Here are the Dukes' past results against Lock Haven:
9/4/04 W 62-7
9/2/00 W 72-0
9/4/93 W 55-3

You mean YSU isn't the only I-AA that schedules Lock Haven? :p We always get slammed by the I-AA community for playing them.

BTW-Lock Haven is coached by former YSU O-coordinator John Klacik who spent many years on the YSU sidelines & just became LH's HC a few months ago.. He's a Ytown native and Lock Haven alum.

Ivytalk
June 30th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Fan you missed
Cal U of Pa at Monmouth

a strike sets up some interesting matchups. UD and Youngstown would have an open date on 9/3 if the strike occurs but both would be giving up home games with their PSAC opponents. Monmouth and UD both would be open on 9/17.

But still no Del State-Delaware?

GannonFan
June 30th, 2005, 01:40 PM
But still no Del State-Delaware?

Oh stop it - people always trying to start trouble with UD/DSU ribbing. DSU plays Millersville on Sept 10. UD is otherwise occupied that day playing Lehigh. If the PSAC games drop through (let's just say it's pretty much not going to happen) UD and DSU are not free on the same weekend and cannot just fill the schedule with each other.

catamount man
June 30th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Lawcat, sorry my friend but the 10 game schedule is all but a done deal. I've asked people "in the know" and these people have said no 11th game. Sucks, but what can we do? GO CATAMOUNTS!!!