PDA

View Full Version : Harvard Recruiting

DFW HOYA
December 21st, 2014, 08:51 AM
For those who ask why the Crimson would schedule games in Washington DC, this is why:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/highschools/2014/fall-all-met/football-offense/index.html

Ivytalk
December 21st, 2014, 05:53 PM
Nice get!xthumbsupx

Green26
December 21st, 2014, 06:38 PM
My nephew was on a recruiting trip to Harvard last weekend. Hope he doesn't go there. Very good football these days, but who would want to go to a place like that.

Ivytalk
December 21st, 2014, 07:45 PM
My nephew was on a recruiting trip to Harvard last weekend. Hope he doesn't go there. Very good football these days, but who would want to go to a place like that.

Gee, I don't know. Smart kids who don't want to go to the wilds of New Hampshire and major in self-abuse.

Merry Christmas.

Catsfan90
December 21st, 2014, 08:39 PM
Gee, I don't know. Smart kids who don't want to go to the wilds of New Hampshire and major in self-abuse.

Merry Christmas.
Because they'd me much happier in Massachusetts majoring in smugness?

PAllen
December 21st, 2014, 09:35 PM
For those who ask why the Crimson would schedule games in Washington DC, this is why:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/highschools/2014/fall-all-met/football-offense/index.html

Did playing at the MSF really sway this kid at all? I wonder if he even knew that the game was going on, as nearly all in the DC area did not.

crimsonfan
December 21st, 2014, 09:38 PM

Hmmm ... well roughly 95% of the people ho get into both Harvard and Dartmouth?

http://www.parchment.com/c/college/tools/college-cross-admit-comparison.php?compare=Harvard+University&with=Dartmouth

HoyaMetanoia
December 21st, 2014, 10:39 PM

http://www.parchment.com/c/college/tools/college-cross-admit-comparison.php?compare=Harvard+University&with=Dartmouth

I don't doubt that it's very lopsided, but that's a horrible tool without any real reliable data.

Green26
December 22nd, 2014, 12:53 AM

This is one of the ways Dartmouth weeds out the people they don't want, and who wouldn't thrive and survive in an atmosphere of strong social life and fun--and wouldn't huge potential to become strong beer bong players. Dartmouth generally doesn't admit people who would want to go to Harvard, but when admissions makes mistakes and admits applicants like that, Dartmouth is glad that they go to Cambridge. An occasional football player makes a mistake and goes to Harvard, and that's too bad. But otherwise it's all good. Who in their right mind would want to go to a no-fun, no-social life school, that is known for their very strong grad school programs? Why not go to a school that emphasizes an undergraduate education, is lots of fun, has alot of hot girls, and is not dominated by super-charged book worms. I'd glad I went to a very fun school, with alot of great people, and got a pretty good education. I'm also glad I can tell people where I went to college, and not avoid saying where I went, which is what alot of Harvard people seem to do.

Ivytalk
December 22nd, 2014, 05:05 AM
This is one of the ways Dartmouth weeds out the people they don't want, and who wouldn't thrive and survive in an atmosphere of strong social life and fun--and wouldn't huge potential to become strong beer bong players. Dartmouth generally doesn't admit people who would want to go to Harvard, but when admissions makes mistakes and admits applicants like that, Dartmouth is glad that they go to Cambridge. An occasional football player makes a mistake and goes to Harvard, and that's too bad. But otherwise it's all good. Who in their right mind would want to go to a no-fun, no-social life school, that is known for their very strong grad school programs? Why not go to a school that emphasizes an undergraduate education, is lots of fun, has alot of hot girls, and is not dominated by super-charged book worms. I'd glad I went to a very fun school, with alot of great people, and got a pretty good education. I'm also glad I can tell people where I went to college, and not avoid saying where I went, which is what alot of Harvard people seem to do.

Chip, meet shoulder.xdrunkyx

HoyaMetanoia
December 22nd, 2014, 03:45 PM

Hahahahaha

ZableNoise
December 22nd, 2014, 03:52 PM
One of my favorite bits from the show 30Rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91VUQGDpN9Y

Pard4Life
December 22nd, 2014, 05:21 PM
Nice! Harvard-Dartmouth 10 month pre-game smack... love it!

Pard4Life
December 22nd, 2014, 05:25 PM
I'm also glad I can tell people where I went to college, and not avoid saying where I went, which is what alot of Harvard people seem to do.

LOL! So true. When I met the lady that I really like for the first time, she said she went to school in Cambridge. I know that's code for Harvard so I said. "Oh... MIT? GREAT school!"

Ivytalk
December 22nd, 2014, 09:39 PM
LOL! So true. When I met the lady that I really like for the first time, she said she went to school in Cambridge. I know that's code for Harvard so I said. "Oh... MIT? GREAT school!"

If someone asks me where I went to college, I just say Harvard and leave it at that. Yalies tend to volunteer it without being asked, within the first 5 minutes of a conversation.

bulldog10jw
December 23rd, 2014, 11:42 AM
If someone asks me where I went to college, I just say Harvard and leave it at that. Yalies tend to volunteer it without being asked, within the first 5 minutes of a conversation.

I always say Albertus Magnus

van
December 23rd, 2014, 01:54 PM
And when asked, a colleague from Brown said "Small school in Rhode Island", and I responded, oh Providence College eh. Was immediately corrected. LOL

Pard4Life
December 23rd, 2014, 03:58 PM
"Small school in Rhode Island"

Roger Williams

Green26
December 23rd, 2014, 11:34 PM
Jeez, I'm not the guy who says "Harvard: So-so education...." in his avatar.

Ivytalk
December 24th, 2014, 06:03 AM
Jeez, I'm not the guy who says "Harvard: So-so education...." in his avatar.

True, but it's never a problem to get a Dartmouth guy to take the bait. Easiest troll targets in the Ivy League!