PDA

View Full Version : UNH fans...

Redbird74
December 21st, 2014, 08:05 AM
Thank you!!!

My friend and I made the trip to see the ISU game this weekend, he from Chicago and I from Toronto. We tailgated before the game, proudly sporting our Redbird gear and had nothing but positive response from the Wildcat fans. Everyone wanted to talk to us about our drive and then talk about the game. To a person, every UNHer was hospitable and generous. We were given food and adult beverages and welcomed with open arms. This continued beyond the tailgate with friendly conversations in Durham and Portsmouth. And you guys know how to tailgate. Awesome atmosphere before the game!

We have had a great experience on our first trip to New England. It was a great game. Sorry for the injuries you suffered, without them it may have tipped the other way. I can only hope that should you ever be in Redbird country that you are treated as well as we were.

The picture is after game. The tailgate next to us said they had champagne for after they win, but told us it was ours if we won. We came back to the truck to find these on the hood. Classy move.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/21/0e8204a150255c662455dde60252442b.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/21/c582d151ffdd8d3a28a71cb97cfe933f.jpg

DaBurds!!
December 21st, 2014, 08:26 AM
classy, agreed.

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2014, 08:29 AM
you boys going to Fargo errr I mean Frisco?

Redbird74
December 21st, 2014, 08:51 AM
I don't think I'll be able to make that trip, but my buddy might. A lot of guys I know from ISU are already booked to go.

dewey
December 21st, 2014, 08:53 AM
Sounds like you guys had a great trip and ran into a lot of really nice UNH fans. Thanks for posting.

Dewey

KPSUL
December 21st, 2014, 08:54 AM
Very glad to hear you had a great experience in Durham. There weren't any Redbird fans tailgating near me and I didn't get a chance to chat with any of you. It was an excellent game, and both teams played hard enough to win. But you guys came out with ticket to Frisco. Good luck, I'll definately be routing for ISU. I've alteady have aitline tickets to Dallas but I haven't made the decision whether or not to go. I was counting on getting mid-field tickets through our atheletic dept. Don't want to go out there and pay 150 for a decent seat.

Mattymc727
December 21st, 2014, 11:34 AM
That was a great game yesterday and one I wont forget. It finally felt like the whole state was behind the program and Im hearing 14k tickets were sold. UNH is reporting 9,700 however. Cowell seats 6500 at the moment and I feel bad for the folks that had to stand around the stadium with poor angles. The future is still bright in Durham!

I hope we run into Illinois State again sometime down the road. Im pulling for the Redbirds now, beat the Bison!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 21st, 2014, 11:37 AM
A game at UNH is definitely on my FCS bucket list. Illinois State fans are one of the very few that get to see their team win at Cowell Stadium...

NY Crusader 2010
December 21st, 2014, 11:50 PM
Best team in UNH history? I have to say I'm a bit jealous of the success you guys have had 90 minutes up the road. Holy Cross and New Hampshire have certainly headed in opposite directions over the past 25 years...

Pards Rule
December 22nd, 2014, 09:07 AM
Thank you!!!

My friend and I made the trip to see the ISU game this weekend, he from Chicago and I from Toronto. We tailgated before the game, proudly sporting our Redbird gear and had nothing but positive response from the Wildcat fans. Everyone wanted to talk to us about our drive and then talk about the game. To a person, every UNHer was hospitable and generous. We were given food and adult beverages and welcomed with open arms. This continued beyond the tailgate with friendly conversations in Durham and Portsmouth. And you guys know how to tailgate. Awesome atmosphere before the game!

We have had a great experience on our first trip to New England. It was a great game. Sorry for the injuries you suffered, without them it may have tipped the other way. I can only hope that should you ever be in Redbird country that you are treated as well as we were.

The picture is after game. The tailgate next to us said they had champagne for after they win, but told us it was ours if we won. We came back to the truck to find these on the hood. Classy move.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/21/0e8204a150255c662455dde60252442b.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/21/c582d151ffdd8d3a28a71cb97cfe933f.jpg

Ha Redbird looks like you were sitting in my seat from a year ago! I swear I was at that spot my friend! BUT alas no champagne on my car - well we didnt win - or did we (not to self - check UNH-Lafayette thread!)???

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 22nd, 2014, 10:03 AM
Redbird74, had the pleasure of meeting you guys before the game. I was looking for the two of you post game to share some CT made Honeycrisp Apple Moonshine like I promised. Hope you get to Frisco! Best of luck against the Bison!!!!!

Redbird74
December 22nd, 2014, 10:10 AM
Thanks UNH Alum! We were invited into the locker room to speak to the team, a great experience for us, so we got back to the lot a little late. Thanks again for the hospitality, food and drink. We had a blast, you guys were fantastic and so was your team. I have no doubt you'll see another run next year.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 22nd, 2014, 11:13 AM
Love seeing stuff like this. Great job UNH fans. Great culture you guys have going there so keep up the good work.

deez_na
December 22nd, 2014, 12:55 PM
Always nice when the fans are classy like that. That's pretty cool

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 22nd, 2014, 02:00 PM
Love seeing stuff like this. Great job UNH fans. Great culture you guys have going there so keep up the good work.

I travel to a lot of road games and have had mostly great experiences along with only a couple not so great. I've developed a simple behavior -- treat people like you hope to be treated on the road! Be friendly, go an extra step to overcome the stereotype of people in the Northeast! It really does provide a significantly better experience!! And I've been lucky enough to have met some folks that I now call friends!!

kdinva
December 22nd, 2014, 02:09 PM
after looking at photo #1..........we ALL look forward to the new stadium in 20 months.....

ursus arctos horribilis
December 22nd, 2014, 02:15 PM
I travel to a lot of road games and have had mostly great experiences along with only a couple not so great. I've developed a simple behavior -- treat people like you hope to be treated on the road! Be friendly, go an extra step to overcome the stereotype of people in the Northeast! It really does provide a significantly better experience!! And I've been lucky enough to have met some folks that I now call friends!!

The game is always 1/2 the fun for me. The other 1/2 is hanging out with opposing fans and letting them show us how they do things. It's always really fun if there are more people doing the sorts of hosting you are doing.

Good work trying to dispell the snobbery. xlolx

Mr. C
December 22nd, 2014, 08:51 PM
I have to agree with the positive things said about New Hampshire fans from my experiences there. A passionate and classy group. Glad you had a great experience. One of the best things about FCS is the way different fan groups relate.

JMUNJ08
December 22nd, 2014, 11:52 PM

Can only guess one of those not so great places...

Great job though! really awesome thread for sure!

PantherRob82
December 23rd, 2014, 12:25 AM
We met some rude folks in NH, but also met some great people we still enjoy talking to. Haven't had too many negative experiences in our travels.

superman7515
December 23rd, 2014, 06:43 AM

We're too close to Philly. That's our excuse and we're sticking to it.

MR. CHICKEN
December 23rd, 2014, 06:46 AM
I have to agree with the positive things said about New Hampshire fans from my experiences there. A passionate and classy group. Glad you had a great experience. One of the best things about FCS is the way different fan groups relate.

20388.....THERE'S...SOMETHIN'...IN DUH SYRUP.....xnodx...BRAWK!

SENT FROM MAH COMPUTER.....OL' HAL

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 23rd, 2014, 07:54 AM

Great job though! really awesome thread for sure!

Actually, JMU is the only CAA venue I haven't been to! I have heard some stories though that give credence to your guess!! ;) :) I've been to former members ODU, GaStU, Hofstra, Northeastern, UMass, UConn, etc. Was all set for a trip to JMU but work reared its ugly head at the last minute and I had to cancel.

JMUNJ08
December 23rd, 2014, 08:54 AM
Actually, JMU is the only CAA venue I haven't been to! I have heard some stories though that give credence to your guess!! ;) :) I've been to former members ODU, GaStU, Hofstra, Northeastern, UMass, UConn, etc. Was all set for a trip to JMU but work reared its ugly head at the last minute and I had to cancel.

Best for last in terms of tailgating and venue for sure!

The fans, not so much but we're working on it! Still some great people and that southern hospitality can be found. Just our visitors get stuck next to the student section and so does their visitor bench...

andy7171
December 23rd, 2014, 09:22 AM

Yo! No shout out for me!?!

KPSUL
December 23rd, 2014, 01:54 PM
Best for last in terms of tailgating and venue for sure!

The fans, not so much but we're working on it! Still some great people and that southern hospitality can be found. Just our visitors get stuck next to the student section and so does their visitor bench...

I've been to many games at JMU and I've never had a bad experience. It's been a long time since UNH has played there, but the last time I recall was a UNH win just a week or two after the big victory over VA Tech. Even then I didn't hear or see anything negative from JMU fans. I give a big thumbs up to all the FCS fans at the stadiums I've visited in the SouthEast: JMU, W&M, Richmond, Elon, Liberty and Wofford.

PantherRob82
December 23rd, 2014, 02:22 PM
My favorite FCS fan bases outside of our own would be New Hampshire, Montana, McNeese State, and North Dakota State. Always have a great time with their fans.