PDA

View Full Version : Do you want NDSU to win it again?

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 18th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Poll upcoming.

Just curious to see where folks stand on this.

[EDIT] that third option should be "still playing", not "sell playing". Sorry.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2014, 11:37 AM
duh

CasualFan
December 18th, 2014, 11:41 AM
I voted "yes" because I want my team to have been knocked out of the playoffs by the champions.

Go Chants!

PS -- Someone PM me what happens at 100 posts.

Bisonator
December 18th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Well obviously. Would be awesome to be the only team to win 4 straight!

T-Dog
December 18th, 2014, 12:13 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/e0303ca5c2ab18889aae91700594fd7f/tumblr_inline_mzipn64fqB1rx927l.gif

MR. CHICKEN
December 18th, 2014, 12:56 PM
NO!.......​BRAWK!

SENT FROM MAH COMPUTER.....HAL

ST_Lawson
December 18th, 2014, 01:00 PM
I vote yes, but a close second would be Illinois State beating NDSU in the championship game. Either way, I want to see an all-MVFC championship game.

melloware13
December 18th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Nope, I want the CAA to win again. However, if the championship game is NDSU v Ill St, I'd be more ok with the Bison winning.

Cocky
December 18th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Don't care after my team loss I'm fine with anyone winning.

dewey
December 18th, 2014, 01:43 PM
Hell yes!

Dewey

Daytripper
December 18th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Uh,,,,NO!

Sycamore62
December 18th, 2014, 01:51 PM
I hate all FCS teams not named Indiana State equally.

Such a hard choice:D

tnbison
December 18th, 2014, 01:57 PM
yes yes yes

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/ace_ventura.gif

Hammerhead
December 18th, 2014, 01:58 PM
I was tempted to vote no so I could save money and not pay for a weekend trip to Frisco. Mrs. Hammerhead and I went 3 years ago are hoping to go again.

IBleedYellow
December 18th, 2014, 03:01 PM
I was tempted to vote no so I could save money and not pay for a weekend trip to Frisco. Mrs. Hammerhead and I went 3 years ago are hoping to go again.

Paying for my wedding this year is pretty much stopping my Frisco plans dead in their tracks. Damn these things called budgets!

dewey
December 18th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Damn these things called weddings!

FIFY!

Or a honeymoon to beautiful Dallas Texas in 3 weeks.

Dewey

UIWWildthing
December 18th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Sure why not?

344Johnson
December 18th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Its bad for any sport if the same team wins all the time....especially at lower levels of the sport.

Voted no, family would be excited with another win, so either way I'm content.

Catsfan90
December 18th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Paying for my wedding this year is pretty much stopping my Frisco plans dead in their tracks. Damn these things called budgets!
Just saying, if I were you. I'd have a justice of the piece do the ceremony. Fly everyone in the party down to Frisco, have one giant reception/ tailgate. And have everyone spend their money on tickets instead. That way everyone wins :p

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Just saying, if I were you. I'd have a justice of the piece do the ceremony. Fly everyone in the party down to Frisco, have one giant reception/ tailgate. And have everyone spend their money on tickets instead. That way everyone wins :p

I absolutely would have done that.

Sammy94
December 18th, 2014, 04:47 PM
If they win tomorrow night then yes, they are great for the Texas economy.

TennBison
December 18th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Voted not just because they are my team but because I want to see a 4 peat. Making history can't be all bad.

Grizo406
December 18th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Not sure it's gonna' happen, but I voted "Yes".xnodx

McNeese72
December 18th, 2014, 05:11 PM
I said no because I want a new national championship. Nothing against North Dakota St. but I rather see a variety of teams win the NC than total domination by one team.

But, if they do win it again, my hat will be off to them.

smilo
December 18th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Absolutely. NDSU dominance really makes FCS fun. I wouldnt mind if another particularly UNH were to win, but NDSU is some program and so fun to watch.

Silenoz
December 18th, 2014, 05:51 PM
No, it's hard not to root for someone who has never won it

...other than Sammy. Well, even that I guess I wouldn't even really care that much.

SIUSalukiFan
December 18th, 2014, 06:11 PM
No, these NDSU ****ers are insufferable enough after three straight national titles. Four would be too much. xlolxxlolxxlolx

I kid, I kid ... I have the utmost respect for the Bison. If they do win again it will be an amazing feat.

However, my personal preference would be for Illinois State to beat North Dakota State in the championship game. We have a new national champion. Two MVFC teams are in the title game.

That works for me.

No_Skill
December 18th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Its bad for any sport if the same team wins all the time....especially at lower levels of the sport.

I disagree especially in regards to giving exposure to the lower levels. For example, I don't watch DII football but I know that Grand Valley won a ton of championships recently. Other than them I couldn't list another recent DII champ.

IBleedYellow
December 18th, 2014, 06:42 PM
This was talked about and she was all for it. Her mother put a squash to that plan.

Damn.

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

Bison56
December 18th, 2014, 07:26 PM
This was talked about and she was all for it. Her mother put a squash to that plan.

Damn.

Call it off! Her mother will run your lives! :D

Pard4Life
December 18th, 2014, 07:59 PM
Yes... Go Bison.

Skycop27
December 18th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Pulling for my UNH Wildcats but will congratulate whoever
will ultimately win the last game of the tournament.

JayJ79
December 18th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Absolutely. NDSU dominance really makes FCS fun. I wouldnt mind if another particularly UNH were to win, but NDSU is some program and so fun to watch.

so D2 and D3 must be REALLY fun with their dominant teams.

WrenFGun
December 18th, 2014, 09:30 PM
NDSU winning after losing their coach, star QB, RB and numerous others is a great storyline. I'd have no problem with them winning so long as UNH isn't in the game.

Sycamore62
December 18th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Call it off! Her mother will run your lives! :D

This is is a deal breaker.

June is a wedding month for a reason

veinup
December 18th, 2014, 09:43 PM
4peat would just be insaaaaaaaaaaaaane

Sycamore62
December 18th, 2014, 09:48 PM
I disagree that 4 in a row would be bad for FCS in the same way professional wrestling is always better when the bad guy is the champ.

I think they have less chance than they did last year at this time but a little more than 2012

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2014, 09:51 PM
I disagree that 4 in a row would be bad for FCS in the same way professional wrestling is always better when the bad guy is the champ.

I think they have less chance than they did last year at this time but a little more than 2012

'13 Bison team is probably one of the best or the best FCS team ever. This year's team is not as good as last year's but very comparable to the '11 and '12 teams.

thebootfitter
December 18th, 2014, 11:03 PM

Divorce her mother!

NDSUSR
December 19th, 2014, 12:22 AM
NDSU has been good for FCS. A 4-peat would be even more exposure for FCS. How can this be bad.
People (FBS) are waking up and watching playoffs. Its a story thats media worthy, thus good for all of the FCS teams.
When the Alabama forum has positive threads about FCS it cant be bad. Parity is inevitable, just a matter of time.

Gil Dobie
December 19th, 2014, 08:13 AM
This may be NDSU's last chance to win a Championship for a while. Another great senior class leaving after this year. A 4-Peat would bring a lot of attention to FCS, albeit NDSU. The publicity for next falls season opener at WaGriz will be much more if the Bison win. If the Bison don't win, hopefully ISUR can carry the torch for the MVFC.

Having NDSU win again is like asking Cheech and Chong if they want to get high.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWxgfTMLtc0

saxbison
December 19th, 2014, 10:16 AM

Damn.

Never too early to start complaining about the mother-in-law.

veinup
December 19th, 2014, 10:23 AM
I voted "No, ready for a new champ".. but that was a knee jerk reaction. The best team should win the title. I'll be okay as long as we don't get into six-peat territory or some crazy ****. Mostly i just cant believe nobody has knocked these dudes off yet.

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2014, 10:59 AM
I don't think having a single team dominate is bad for the subdivision. I think it raises the level of the competition. Some legacy MVFC/Gateway fans may not want to admit it but I think the addition of NDSU and SDSU to the conference has raised everyone's game. I think the same will happen at the national level.

...but not until a minimum 8-peat.

UNIFanSince1983
December 19th, 2014, 11:07 AM
I don't think having a single team dominate is bad for the subdivision. I think it raises the level of the competition. Some legacy MVFC/Gateway fans may not want to admit it but I think the addition of NDSU and SDSU to the conference has raised everyone's game. I think the same will happen at the national level.

...but not until a minimum 8-peat.

I do think it hurts having one team dominate. Is it really exciting to see Mt. Union is playing Wisconsin-Whitewater again in DIII? There is no mystery when one team is dominating. It makes the playoffs worthless to watch because you know the outcome. Is NDSU dominating drawing attention to the subdivision or just to NDSU? The answer is just to NDSU not the subdivision as a whole. In fact the fact that they are dominating probably makes us seem like DIII to fans of bigger schools thinking that the same team wins this thing every year.

Yes NDSU and SDSU have raised the level of the conference, but NDSU 4-peating would not be good for our subdivision as a whole at all. Obviously, you wan them to win every year, but you have to be deeply entrenched behind your green and yellow glasses to think it is actually a good thing for FCS as a whole.

MR. CHICKEN
December 19th, 2014, 11:13 AM
.........AGAIN.........NO!.........xsmhx........BR AWK!

Mattymc727
December 19th, 2014, 11:17 AM
I actually think having someone beat NDSU in the championship to stop their 4-peat is a much better storyline than a Bison 4-peat. That might get even more coverage. Especially considering it would be by a team who has never won it.

deez_na
December 19th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Oh hell yeah!

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2014, 11:21 AM
I do think it hurts having one team dominate. Is it really exciting to see Mt. Union is playing Wisconsin-Whitewater again in DIII? There is no mystery when one team is dominating. It makes the playoffs worthless to watch because you know the outcome. Is NDSU dominating drawing attention to the subdivision or just to NDSU? The answer is just to NDSU not the subdivision as a whole. In fact the fact that they are dominating probably makes us seem like DIII to fans of bigger schools thinking that the same team wins this thing every year.

Yes NDSU and SDSU have raised the level of the conference, but NDSU 4-peating would not be good for our subdivision as a whole at all. Obviously, you wan them to win every year, but you have to be deeply entrenched behind your green and yellow glasses to think it is actually a good thing for FCS as a whole.
Mt Union and Wisconsin-Whitewater's dominance doesn't compare to NDSU's. Those teams never have any team (other than themselves) even present a challenge to them. NDSU has been challenged every year of their run by different teams. I don't think dominance is nearly as sustainable at the FCS level as it is in the D3 level. There's enough FCS programs that are relatively well funded and supported that we'll never see the type of dominance we see at the D3 level. Before NDSU can ever get to that level there will be FCS programs that raise their game enough to compete and defeat the Bison, I'll guarantee that.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm not saying having NDSU win again is a good thing for the subdivision but it's not at a point where I'd classify it as a bad thing for the reasons I mentioned in my original post. Having it get to MU/UWW proportions would be bad but it's a long ways from that like I said previously.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 19th, 2014, 01:22 PM
You bet I do.

4-peat would solidify the Bison as the greatest dynasty in FCS football. AWESOME!!

And guess what to all you other FCS wannabe champions......the '15 Bison team will be a good one also...xlolx

thebootfitter
December 19th, 2014, 01:28 PM
And guess what to all you other FCS wannabe champions......the '15 Bison team will be a good one also...xlolx
I'm a bit more cautious in my optimism about 2015 than I was in 2014. We'll have guys that step up, but we'll also have some growing to do and be facing some tough opponents. I wouldn't be surprised by 2-3 losses next year, but that should still be enough to get us into the playoffs, and then I wouldn't bet against them. Carson and the offense are going to be insane next year, methinks.

Texas
December 19th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Nope, doesn't have to be SHSU, but anyone else would be great.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 19th, 2014, 01:31 PM
I'm a bit more cautious in my optimism about 2015 than I was in 2014. We'll have guys that step up, but we'll also have some growing to do and be facing some tough opponents. I wouldn't be surprised by 2-3 losses next year, but that should still be enough to get us into the playoffs, and then I wouldn't bet against them. Carson and the offense are going to be insane next year, methinks.

Offense will carry the team right away next year. Good players will replace the departing seniors on defense but there will be growing pains for sure on defense.

LeeshaJo
December 19th, 2014, 06:06 PM
No, these NDSU ****ers are insufferable enough after three straight national titles. Four would be too much. xlolxxlolxxlolx

I kid, I kid ... I have the utmost respect for the Bison. If they do win again it will be an amazing feat.

However, my personal preference would be for Illinois State to beat North Dakota State in the championship game. We have a new national champion. Two MVFC teams are in the title game.

That works for me.

^^^^^THIS

Big Rack
December 19th, 2014, 07:28 PM
I think it would be awesome to tell your grandchildren you saw a Four Peat in football.xthumbsupx

Missingnumber7
December 23rd, 2014, 01:55 PM
I voted for the 4 peat...I think it would be awesome to see. But a few comments, I think this is a good thing for FCS:

1. Name recognition for NDSU, but some FCS facetime as well.
2. Measuring stick...everyone has the same aspiration (Well everyone except HC they just want to beat BC and of course the SWAC) and thats and FCS national Championship. Looking at how the committe has selected teams and who has and hasn't gotten in recently has had, IMHO, a positive effect on scheduling. And I'll point to the NDSU/UM games, SHSU/EWU, and some of the other high profile games. FBS is starting to get the point that fans don't want to see blow outs the first 3 or 4 weeks of the season and are starting to schedule games that should be legit, I think now some FCS schools are following suit. ESPN is giving some nice airtime with the first college game of the year to an FCS program when they could've approached some MAC/MWC/C-USA team.

For years the only teams that were ever talked about at the beginning of the season were App St, Montana, and maybe UD. I love that NDSU has in 10 years horned their way into the conversation.

BisonBacker
December 23rd, 2014, 02:02 PM

And there we have it! This explains a lot!xcoffeex

BisonBacker
December 23rd, 2014, 02:04 PM

Damn.

That B I T C H!!!

BEAR
December 23rd, 2014, 02:49 PM
What's cool about a 4-peat... a 5 peat would beat it! xthumbsupx And what's more epic than a 5 peat? A 6-peat!

So glad we prove our champions from a field on a field.. xnodxxnodx

PantherRob82
December 23rd, 2014, 02:54 PM
I would like to change my answer to yes.

clenz
December 23rd, 2014, 03:00 PM
DGAF because it's not my team.

Silenoz
December 23rd, 2014, 03:59 PM
Maybe, it's just me, but I've long considered DIII to be something of a joke because the same teams just absolutely dominate year-in and year-out. If FCS is heading in that direction with NDSU, I have a hard time seeing how it offers a positive impression of our level.

It certainly creates one for NDSU, but I think it stops there. Maybe it will eventually cause schools like MSU or UM to step it. Probably not, but they really don't have any excuse to continue struggling.

Gil Dobie
December 24th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Maybe, it's just me, but I've long considered DIII to be something of a joke because the same teams just absolutely dominate year-in and year-out. If FCS is heading in that direction with NDSU, I have a hard time seeing how it offers a positive impression of our level.

It certainly creates one for NDSU, but I think it stops there. Maybe it will eventually cause schools like MSU or UM to step it. Probably not, but they really don't have any excuse to continue struggling.

The MVFC schools have stepped up. Not many easy wins in conference this year and a 30-2 record outside of conference.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 24th, 2014, 08:27 AM

NDSU has had some very good recruiting classes in a row. They will not be in the NC every year but I suspect they will be annual entrants in the playoffs.

Gil Dobie
December 24th, 2014, 09:21 AM

These things go in streaks. EKU was in 4 straight finals, Marshall 5 out of 6, YSU 4 straight, GSU wins 6 total and a run of 5 out of 6 finals. Lots of good runs, but someone else always sneaks in for a couple hear and there.

Bisonator
December 24th, 2014, 11:59 AM
These things go in streaks. EKU was in 4 straight finals, Marshall 5 out of 6, YSU 4 straight, GSU wins 6 total and a run of 5 out of 6 finals. Lots of good runs, but someone else always sneaks in for a couple hear and there.

Exactly. One great recruiting class can get you a long ways for 2-4 years.

Missingnumber7
December 27th, 2014, 06:14 PM
NDSU has had some very good recruiting classes in a row. They will not be in the NC every year but I suspect they will be annual entrants in the playoffs.

The recruiting classes play a big part into it, as they have maintained a system at NDSU for several years and recruit system players. What helps this is that these kids get on the field and produce early in their careers and build more and more for the future.

Ivytalk
December 27th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Pulling for Illinois State. Time to crown a new champ.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2014, 06:32 PM

What do you know about championships? Don't you have to talk about your own self importance? Bugger off.

:D

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 27th, 2014, 08:06 PM

Not this year!

Ivytalk
December 27th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Not this year!

That's why they play the game...xnodx

ngineer
December 27th, 2014, 08:52 PM
As impressive a run the Bison have had, I am pulling for ISU. Not anything against the Bison, but I think it good to have frequent "changing of the guard". Same feeling goes with the "Damn Yankees". Dynasties are great for that team's fans, but for the overall impact, I like to see some competition rather than an annual coronation. NDSU has had the greatest run, imo, in I-AA/FCS and if a betting man, I would pick NDSU to win.

NDSUSR
December 27th, 2014, 10:58 PM
As impressive a run the Bison have had, I am pulling for ISU. Not anything against the Bison, but I think it good to have frequent "changing of the guard". Same feeling goes with the "Damn Yankees". Dynasties are great for that team's fans, but for the overall impact, I like to see some competition rather than an annual coronation. NDSU has had the greatest run, imo, in I-AA/FCS and if a betting man, I would pick NDSU to win.

Yeah, because ISU put FCS in the mainstream. You people should be appreciative that NDSU has made FCS less than a FBS joke.
ISU will lose badly in Frisco.

ngineer
December 28th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Yeah, because ISU put FCS in the mainstream. You people should be appreciative that NDSU has made FCS less than a FBS joke.

Don't understand the 'edge'. No one says FCS fans aren't "appreciative" of what NDSU has accomplished....[channel Sally Fields, "They like me, they really like me!"]. Plus, what is the "mainstream"? FCS is in no place different than before Bison had their run. Every so many years a team gets a nice run due an excellent recruiting class or two, i.e. Youngstown State, Georgia Southern, Appalachian State, et al. So by all means enjoy the sunshine while it lasts, but expect everyone to kiss your azz. A team's success like NDSU's should be honored, but not adored. There is a difference. Here's to a great game in Frisco. Picking the Bison, cheering for the Redbirds.

KPSUL
December 28th, 2014, 03:47 PM
In a word, NO. ​

REALBird
December 28th, 2014, 04:20 PM
No! But if they weren't playing ISU I wouldn't give a crap!

344Johnson
December 28th, 2014, 05:19 PM

Please define mainstream. FCS gets coverage where the schools are located. It's not like FBS where we can count on it being talked about no matter what.

Will ESPN TV/radio etc be talking about the game other than the broadcast? Unlikely. Will it be the big story in newspapers around the country? Unlikely.

Whichever team wins will have a great time with it. Whichever team loses fans will be able to watch ESPN without constant reminders.

Should be a good game down in Texas but let's not make it seem like this level of football is mainstream.

caribbeanhen
December 28th, 2014, 07:38 PM
You people should be appreciative that NDSU has made FCS less than a FBS joke.

I don't see it this way, I think the bIZUN are kind of making a joke out of the FCS......

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 29th, 2014, 06:52 AM
I don't see it this way, I think the bIZUN are kind of making a joke out of the FCS......

Troll keep trolling

344Johnson
December 29th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Troll keep trolling

When one team dominates.... Especially at a lower level... It makes people wonder why that team doesn't have the balls to move up.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2014, 09:46 AM
When one team dominates.... Especially at a lower level... It makes people wonder why that team doesn't have the balls to move up.

You're clearly not getting enough out of your business classes to understand that there's more to it than winning football game.

BisonFan02
December 29th, 2014, 11:30 AM

Money, facilities, geography, other sports......go hide in your corner dip****.

Bisonator
December 29th, 2014, 11:43 AM

You aren't very bright are you? Now I know why you are worried about life after college.xrolleyesx

Silenoz
December 29th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Troll keep trolling

That statement would be trolling the rest of FCS if anything...

344Johnson
December 29th, 2014, 04:17 PM
You're clearly not getting enough out of your business classes to understand that there's more to it than winning football game.

Money, facilities, geography, other sports......go hide in your corner dip****.

I'm well aware of the "problems" ndsu faces with moving up. I'm simply telling you what the perception becomes.

If Shanley won 10 straight Class AA football titles, people would say, "shouldn't you be AAA?" Not "SHANLEY IS GREAT FOR AA FOOTBALL BECAUSE THEY WIN EVERY YEAR AND CHALLENGE US TO IMPROVE!!!!!"

Doesn't matter that Shanley doesn't have the student numbers to complete in AAA ball... People will eventually call them afraid of playing up.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2014, 04:18 PM
I'm well aware of the "problems" ndsu faces with moving up. I'm simply telling you what the perception becomes.

If Shanley won 10 straight Class AA football titles, people would say, "shouldn't you be AAA?" Not "SHANLEY IS GREAT FOR AA FOOTBALL BECAUSE THEY WIN EVERY YEAR AND CHALLENGE US TO IMPROVE!!!!!"

Doesn't matter that Shanley doesn't have the student numbers to complete in AAA ball... People will eventually call them afraid of playing up.

Funny, I remember when Shanley was class A with Fargo South.

344Johnson
December 29th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Funny, I remember when Shanley was class A with Fargo South.

Yes... Many moons ago. When my dad was in school, Harvey was class A.... Playing schools like Bismarck. Thank God we moved to the 4 class system.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 31st, 2014, 06:01 AM

UND and NDSU can't move up for 5 years anyway. This is for the Higher Ed board. So it is a mute point.

344Johnson
December 31st, 2014, 08:36 AM
UND and NDSU can't move up for 5 years anyway. This is for the Higher Ed board. So it is a mute point.

...I am not aware of any laws preventing either school from moving up. Feel free to expand on that. Only issues I can think of are money and geography (no invites).

If you are referring to the games scheduled, I doubt the contract says anything about not being allowed move up.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 31st, 2014, 02:21 PM
...I am not aware of any laws preventing either school from moving up. Feel free to expand on that. Only issues I can think of are money and geography (no invites).

If you are referring to the games scheduled, I doubt the contract says anything about not being allowed move up.
Board of higher ed runs the colleges. They fund the colleges. UND and NDSU. They said no FBS move for at LEAST 5 YEARS. Also NDSU doesn't have big enough stadium for FBS. Title 9 would cause problems with mens sports( NDSU would have to cut 2 mens sports). Costs to much to move up. FBS football would cost a much each year as NDSU's total sports budget. There is no room to build a new stadium on campus. Plans are in place to expand the dome to 25 to 30 thousand, but that is at least ten years out. And will be paid for by private money. You don't even live in North Dakota so how do you know what North Dakota's higher ed board ca do? Your just a troll.

PantherRob82
December 31st, 2014, 04:13 PM

*moot

BisonTru
December 31st, 2014, 04:33 PM
They said no FBS move for at LEAST 5 YEARS.

Do you have a source?

344Johnson
December 31st, 2014, 04:34 PM
Board of higher ed runs the colleges. They fund the colleges. UND and NDSU. They said no FBS move for at LEAST 5 YEARS. Also NDSU doesn't have big enough stadium for FBS. Title 9 would cause problems with mens sports( NDSU would have to cut 2 mens sports). Costs to much to move up. FBS football would cost a much each year as NDSU's total sports budget. There is no room to build a new stadium on campus. Plans are in place to expand the dome to 25 to 30 thousand, but that is at least ten years out. And will be paid for by private money. You don't even live in North Dakota so how do you know what North Dakota's higher ed board ca do? Your just a troll.

A.) When was this said that the schools couldn't go FBS? I'm not mocking, I honestly just haven't read or heard anything about that.

B.) I'm aware that the money is not there at this point.

C.) Dome is technically big enough. Not ideal, but big enough. Just need to be able to maintain a 15,000 average.

D.) I think we are at minimum for sports, not sure though.

E.) I live a block from the BSA and two from the dome... Not sure where you got that I'm not a resident of North Dakota.

If a conference called NDSU tomorrow, and offered a spot, and NDSU(or UND) could afford it, I don't see the board telling them no.

Bisonator
December 31st, 2014, 07:43 PM

You clearly do not know what you're talking about. The SBOHE has nothing to do with any schools sports programs.

BisonBacker
December 31st, 2014, 09:34 PM

Source?????

dewey
December 31st, 2014, 10:55 PM
As a licensed structural engineer I would love to see the plan to expand the Fargodome. I am not saying it can't be done but I think the cost to retrofit the Fargodome would be huge.

A link to the plan for the Fargodome expansion plan would be great or any media discussion about NDSU talking with a engineer & architect.

Dewey

Catsfan90
January 1st, 2015, 02:49 AM
It is interesting to note that this poll shows us something else. Just how many NDSU fans there are on AGS.........

344Johnson
January 1st, 2015, 03:33 AM
It is interesting to note that this poll shows us something else. Just how many NDSU fans there are on AGS.........

You may want to ask the question...how many NDSU fans are there...and how many Bison fans are there....two different questions.

Two very different groups of people. Each of those groups(especially the Bison group) has sub-groups. Looking more and more like UND every day. Who'da thunk?! Calling someone an NDSU fan in North Dakota is a bit like calling someone a mammal up here.

Bisonoline
January 1st, 2015, 04:13 AM
You may want to ask the question...how many NDSU fans are there...and how many Bison fans are there....two different questions.

Two very different groups of people. Each of those groups(especially the Bison group) has sub-groups. Looking more and more like UND every day. Who'da thunk?! Calling someone an NDSU fan in North Dakota is a bit like calling someone a mammal up here.

You have some serious butt hurt going on. Lay off the booze and seek professional help.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 1st, 2015, 07:16 AM

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Lay of the weed! Just a suggestion!

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 1st, 2015, 07:24 AM
As a licensed structural engineer I would love to see the plan to expand the Fargodome. I am not saying it can't be done but I think the cost to retrofit the Fargodome would be huge.

A link to the plan for the Fargodome expansion plan would be great or any media discussion about NDSU talking with a engineer & architect.

Dewey

I think on one of the local radio programs in the recent past that it was said that trying to retrofit the FD for expansion would cost almost as much as building a new one. Plus, where would the Bison play?

It is going to take an oil company footing the bill for most of the price on a new stadium. $50 oil will not do it. Now > $125 oil might entice some company to think about it.

Sell bonds? Maybe someone knows if this could be done. I would, as an investor, buy bonds to help build a new football stadium. Maybe this cannot be done.

caribbeanhen
January 1st, 2015, 10:36 AM
I would, as an investor, buy bonds to help build a new football stadium. Maybe this cannot be done.

If you want to buy some fat yielding bonds look no further than down here...... the seller is desperate!

Twentysix
January 2nd, 2015, 01:03 AM
I think on one of the local radio programs in the recent past that it was said that trying to retrofit the FD for expansion would cost almost as much as building a new one. Plus, where would the Bison play?

It is going to take an oil company footing the bill for most of the price on a new stadium. $50 oil will not do it. Now > $125 oil might entice some company to think about it.

Sell bonds? Maybe someone knows if this could be done. I would, as an investor, buy bonds to help build a new football stadium. Maybe this cannot be done.

Any company with the cash to just build a football stadium gives zero ****s about North Dakota. Not happening.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 2nd, 2015, 06:08 AM
Any company with the cash to just build a football stadium gives zero ****s about North Dakota. Not happening.

Never say never!

Professor Chaos
January 2nd, 2015, 09:17 AM
Yeah, I don't think there's a lot of love for ND from big oil companies. From what I've heard it costs much more to pop a hole here than in say, Texas, and the locals in western ND who were there before the oil boom have a great dislike for the oil field types that have proliferated that part of the state.

344Johnson
January 3rd, 2015, 01:57 AM
You have some serious butt hurt going on. Lay off the booze and seek professional help.

Lol my post made little to no sense pertaining to the post I quoted. Shamwow.

That said... Don't tell me to lay off things....

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Lay of the weed! Just a suggestion!

I don't partake. Gave it a try.. Bothered my throat too much. Not my thing.