PDA

View Full Version : Will UCDavis keep their streak alive?

Ronbo
November 14th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Big game for Davis (4-5) this weekend. I think they have a streak of what, almost 30 straight winning seasons? What's the exact number? Can they Beat Sac State (4-6) and keep that streak alive?

Also here is an interesting development. If San Diego does go to the playoffs I hear the game with Davis is cancelled. In that case a win this Saturday doesn't keep the streak alive even if they win. They would go 5-5 for the season.

MplsBison
November 14th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Still a streak of non losing seasons.

AggieFinn
November 14th, 2006, 10:27 AM
UC Davis at the moment: 36 consecutive winning seasons

here's a link to the streak:
http://athletics.ucdavis.edu/football/History/winning_seasons.html

More recent history in transition (not on the list linked above):

2004 - 6-4 (epic win at Cal Poly most memorable)
2005 - 6-5 (W's over Stanford, NDSU in Fargo, Cal Poly)

As for this "streak of non-losing" season bs, think what you want Mpls, sounds like a jealous observation, unless, of course, you're joking. With the exception of 1970 (my dad was on that team), 1981, 1994, and these past 3 against our best competition yet, I think this is a streak that speaks to the tradition, excellence and Aggie Pride of this program. I will say, however, I'm a bit jealous of the National Title accomplishments by NDSU.

We've owned Sac State these past 6 years, with the exception of the mud bowl Aggie win in 2000, 13-10 (featuring a young J.T. O'Sullivan). This season, looks like CSUS is very young, and have some playmakers. They also have nothing to lose, so we'll see. As for San Diego - we'll see them on the 25th, interesting game that will be.

Ronbo
November 14th, 2006, 10:45 AM
I thought it was a winning seasons streak.

AggieFinn
November 14th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Thanks Ronbo, and thanks for the concerned post. Not in my hands though, but I think, playoff committee permitting, that we'll get that shot to go 6-5. Gotta Kick 'em in the Sac though! :nod:

lucchesicourt
November 14th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Ronbo, you are right it is a winning seasons streak and NOT a non losing season streak.
UCD should beat both Sac and USD (if there is a game). I know USD is good, but having a former Aggie player who coached against this USD team, say the Aggie team he was on, would have put up plenty of points against this USD team, and I can only say this year's team is better than the one he played on.

ucdtim17
November 14th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Yes. Yes we will. As long as people come to their senses about USD and make them actually prove SOMETHING before handing them a playoff berth

GoAgs72
November 14th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Aggies win the next two and keep streak alive if permitted to play both games. The Sac State game may be closer than the past several years - I'm predicting 21-10 for the Aggies. The score of the USD game would be difficult to predict but it should be an interesting game. It's hard to believe we're in the same state and we know so little about USD.

AggieFinn
November 14th, 2006, 11:57 AM
It's hard to believe we're in the same state and we know so little about USD.

It's because they have not played anybody of consequence on the West Coast in quite a while. This is truly a new page for USD football.