PDA

View Full Version : Too bad we have to see a High School Stadium in the Semis!

Walkon79
December 12th, 2014, 10:34 PM
On NATIONAL TV. Get with it UNH!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Twentysix
December 12th, 2014, 10:35 PM
Their reno is highly required

WrenFGun
December 12th, 2014, 10:37 PM

They are. New stadium is coming. McDonnell should win COTY for winning with those facilities.

hebmskebm
December 12th, 2014, 10:38 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed watching the JRR Tolkien-esque journey it takes for the coordinators to get up to the coach's box.

Walkon79
December 12th, 2014, 10:46 PM
Really bad TV, even with a pretty good ball game tonight

Walkon79
December 12th, 2014, 10:49 PM
They are. New stadium is coming. McDonnell should win COTY for winning with those facilities.

I saw the rendition of the "new" stadium :)

I still feel the same

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2014, 10:51 PM
looked like an E Wash game minus the ugly red turf

Bronco
December 12th, 2014, 10:54 PM
You cat fans should also be mad that they took your Bobcat growl and claim it is what a wildcat sounds like
They should get their own cat sound...you've been telling us that is the sound a bobcat makes for years

Red & Black
December 12th, 2014, 10:57 PM
looked like an E Wash game minus the ugly red turf

Yeah. Not really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNH Fanboi
December 12th, 2014, 10:59 PM
You don't have to see anything. Go watch the Diapers.com Bowl in a $100 million stadium instead and report back to us.

MR. CHICKEN
December 12th, 2014, 10:59 PM

....SEEN SOME MIDWEST STADIA...ON DUH 3..........NEW HAMPSHIRE.....IS NOT ALONE.......UH-UH....NOPE ...DOODLE-DOO!

MylesKnight
December 12th, 2014, 11:18 PM
The Title of the Thread bugs me a bit... This is an area of the country where College Football is certainly not that big of a deal. UNH has had a very solid program for quite some time now, with all kinds of negatives looking them square in the eye. Instead of mocking words, the program deserves serious kudos for building what they have over the course of time. I, for one, hope they win the whole damn thing.

Old Cat Fan
December 12th, 2014, 11:33 PM
I like the old stadium, it's like the Fenway of FCS. but dont worry next year we will be a cookie cutter stadium like everyone else.. It wouldn't be a good FCS game without a new car,or a bouncy house or maybe a couple of food stands in the back ground xnodx

mainejeff
December 12th, 2014, 11:37 PM
Is Montana State still in the playoffs?

No?.....STFU then.

xpeacex

Mattymc727
December 13th, 2014, 12:26 AM
UNH puts its best product on the field, not in some nice seating. Must be fun losing in that nice stadium you have though!

Mr. C
December 13th, 2014, 12:36 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed watching the JRR Tolkien-esque journey it takes for the coordinators to get up to the coach's box.
I have always referred to the pathway into the press box as the catacombs. My first experience there in the 1994 playoffs, it was about 20 degrees and really windy. My computer literally froze. At least they have an enclosed press box now, instead of the open-air one that was there back in those days.

caribbeanhen
December 13th, 2014, 06:35 AM
I like the old stadium, it's like the Fenway of FCS. but dont worry next year we will be a cookie cutter stadium like everyone else.. It wouldn't be a good FCS game without a new car,or a bouncy house or maybe a couple of food stands in the back ground xnodx

I agree with this, ESPN only showed the home side a few times and the only thing the viewers see is the empty high school bleachers on the other side, doesn't do the place justice. I'm sorry but the shiny new drawings didn't do much for me either, the track was just to big...... need to bring a telescope to the game. Fenway feel is good, just put some bathrooms and concessions in the place and leave it rustic

KPSUL
December 13th, 2014, 06:40 AM
Ok stadium complaints aside, Cowell has the best food in East Coast FCS football. Not the generic crap sold at stadiums with only one concessionaire. Italian susauge, great french fries. And for you alcoholics, s huge tailgating section inside, yes I said inside the gates. Although it was closed down last night supposedly because the ground was too wet.

KPSUL
December 13th, 2014, 06:53 AM
I agree with this, ESPN only showed the home side a few times and the only thing the viewers see is the empty high school bleachers on the other side, doesn't do the place justice. I'm sorry but the shiny new drawings didn't do much for me either, the track was just to big...... need to bring a telescope to the game. Fenway feel is good, just put some bathrooms and concessions in the place and leave it rustic
The empty bleachers was the fault of Chattanooga fans. With the requirement for the home team to provide a large number of tickets behind the visitors bench, that entire bleachers area would have been allocated to Chattanooga. That was a good football team and they deserve more fan support. In defense of ESPN, there is no place on the visitors side to put cameras, so the entire game gets filmed from the home side. I was actually very pleased with the size and intensity of our home crowd for this game.

KPSUL
December 13th, 2014, 06:55 AM
The Title of the Thread bugs me a bit... This is an area of the country where College Football is certainly not that big of a deal. UNH has had a very solid program for quite some time now, with all kinds of negatives looking them square in the eye. Instead of mocking words, the program deserves serious kudos for building what they have over the course of time. I, for one, hope they win the whole damn thing.

xnodx:)xthumbsupx right on target!!!!

Tribe4SF
December 13th, 2014, 07:52 AM
That was a pretty good crowd, and they were into it. Kudos to UNH, Sean McDonnell, and a gutty team for all they've accomplished. Stadium snobs are just losers in the end.

caribbeanhen
December 13th, 2014, 08:45 AM
The empty bleachers was the fault of Chattanooga fans. With the requirement for the home team to provide a large number of tickets behind the visitors bench, that entire bleachers area would have been allocated to Chattanooga. That was a good football team and they deserve more fan support. In defense of ESPN, there is no place on the visitors side to put cameras, so the entire game gets filmed from the home side. I was actually very pleased with the size and intensity of our home crowd for this game.

the student section was surely into the game, nice show! but ESPN could of done a few more pans up into the home side stands..... but hey, I guess they were more interested in covering the game...haha

lovetractor
December 13th, 2014, 09:15 AM

Hilarious! Never heard that one before.xrotatehx

MR. CHICKEN
December 13th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Ok stadium complaints aside, Cowell has the best food in East Coast FCS football. Not the generic crap sold at stadiums with only one concessionaire. Italian susauge, great french fries. And for you alcoholics, s huge tailgating section inside, yes I said inside the gates. Although it was closed down last night supposedly because the ground was too wet.

20307....OR...MAYBEAH....TA ASSURE......NO DRUNK-FOOLERY......ON DUH DEUCE....xdrunkyxxdrunkyxxdrunkyx...BROCK!

tomq04
December 13th, 2014, 09:35 AM
At EWU the beer garden is shut down during the playoffs supposedly because of NCAA regulation...doesn't make any sense.

Nickels
December 13th, 2014, 09:40 AM
At EWU the beer garden is shut down during the playoffs supposedly because of NCAA regulation...doesn't make any sense.
We bought beer in Hammond during the playoffs last year...

Terry2889
December 13th, 2014, 09:51 AM

Too bad Montana State is sitting at home despite the fact that they have a state of the art stadium. It says a whole lot more about your program that you have facilities that are second to none and still can't match the consistency of UNH who has the worst facilities in the nation. Maybe if you put another addition on the opposite end zone you too can make the playoffs 11 years in a row...

GAD
December 13th, 2014, 09:51 AM
We bought beer in Hammond during the playoffs last year...
In Louisiana you can buy alcohol just about anywhere

UNHFan
December 13th, 2014, 10:38 AM
I hope UNH breaks the mold of stupidity in small school Stadium design. JMU has an amazing Stadium but you can't see it on TV other then to occasional span shot
Maybe just maybe UNH can break the mold. UNH is building the main part on the opposite side of its current lay-out. They clearly have the ability to set cameras up on the opposing teams new side. Fingers crossed! Even if they just set up the main 50 yard camera is fine.

UNHFan
December 13th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Montana State Stadium. Winterized for the year. CHECK!!! Gate locked? CHECK!! Uniforms stored and moth balled? CHECK!!! xthumbsupx

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 13th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Montana State Stadium. Winterized for the year. CHECK!!! Gate locked? CHECK!! Unused food donated CHECK!! Uniforms stored and moth balled? CHECK!!! xthumbsupx

Montana State's stadium is awesome! There's not questioning that. I don't know why there was a need to take a shot at UNH's digs. The product that UNH puts on the field year after year after year after year after year...more than makes up for it.

Under reasonable circumstances I would have loved to see the Wildcats in the PL. It nearly happened..."Nearly"....

LeadBolt
December 13th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Congratulations to UNH for a gutsy comeback. Some folks think it is better to have your small stadium on national TV in the semi-finals than your large stadium locked up...

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 13th, 2014, 10:48 AM
I hope UNH breaks the mold of stupidity in small school Stadium design. JMU has an amazing Stadium but you can't see it on TV other then to occasional span shot
Maybe just maybe UNH can break the mold. UNH is building the main part on the opposite side of its current lay-out. They clearly have the ability to set cameras up on the opposing teams new side. Fingers crossed! Even if they just set up the main 50 yard camera is fine.

The end zone camera I was near (scoreboard end) will give a great view of the new stadium

MR. CHICKEN
December 13th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Montana State's stadium is awesome! There's not questioning that. I don't know why there was a need to take a shot at UNH's digs. The product that UNH puts on the field year after year after year after year after year...more than makes up for it.

Under reasonable circumstances I would have loved to see the Wildcats in the PL. It nearly happened..."Nearly"....

.........WHICH MAKES DUH RECRUITIN'....ALL DUH MO'.....RE-MARK-ABOOO!.....xnodx...BRAWK!

kalm
December 13th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Funny that there is only one non-high school stadium remaining in the quarters. Stupid, ignorant thread.

Congrats UNH! The game, stadium, and athletes looked great last night! Especially the Endzone shots. Way to represent!

UNHFan
December 13th, 2014, 11:14 AM
xthumbsupx
Congratulations to UNH for a gutsy comeback. Some folks think it is better to have your small stadium on national TV in the semi-finals than your large stadium locked up...

Dane96
December 13th, 2014, 11:45 AM

I love going to Cowell, but Bob Ford Field sells beer...IN THE STADIUM. :)

Grizalltheway
December 13th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Too bad Montana State is sitting at home despite the fact that they have a state of the art stadium. It says a whole lot more about your program that you have facilities that are second to none and still can't match the consistency of UNH who has the worst facilities in the nation. Maybe if you put another addition on the opposite end zone you too can make the playoffs 11 years in a row...

Actually their facilities are second to one.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 13th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Funny that there is only one non-high school stadium remaining in the quarters. Stupid, ignorant thread.

Congrats UNH! The game, stadium, and athletes looked great last night! Especially the Endzone shots. Way to represent!

Completely agree kalm. Dont' get what or why this was leveled. I liked watching the game last night. Didn't concern myself too much with the rest of it.

Catsfan90
December 13th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Completely agree kalm. Dont' get what or why this was leveled. I liked watching the game last night. Didn't concern myself too much with the rest of it.
They could play anywhere and I wouldn't care. What matters to me is the game of football.

mainejeff
December 13th, 2014, 03:06 PM
That was a pretty good crowd, and they were into it. Kudos to UNH, Sean McDonnell, and a gutty team for all they've accomplished. Stadium snobs are just losers in the end.

Exactly. See JMU fans.

mainejeff
December 13th, 2014, 03:07 PM

Sure it does. If the NCAA can't get a cut.....no one is getting a cut.

TennBison
December 13th, 2014, 03:26 PM
Is Montana State still in the playoffs?

No?.....STFU then.

xpeacex
And where is your team?????

mainejeff
December 13th, 2014, 04:44 PM
And where is your team?????

I'm not the one that made the stupid comment, moron.

Southern Bison
December 13th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Love a good catfight...meow!

Southern Bison
December 13th, 2014, 04:55 PM

And which school is not the HS stadium according to you?

KPSUL
December 13th, 2014, 08:03 PM

Is this the sorta high school stadium you mean?

Tribal
December 13th, 2014, 09:29 PM
UNH + "HS" stadium > GA St + NFL stadium

TennBison
December 14th, 2014, 06:30 AM
But you sure felt the need to respond to it and try to rub it in his face about not playing anymore all while your team is in the same boat.

kalm
December 14th, 2014, 12:01 PM
And which school is not the HS stadium according to you?

The FFD. Duh.