PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh Football.....

DatDude
December 10th, 2014, 06:53 AM
I posted a couple of weeks ago that some Lehigh players would be exiting the team. You guys laughed and told me i was wrong. No kid would walk away from such a great academic school. It has began. Brandon Yosha(Miami U transfer), LU future xcoffeex, has quit the team. He wont be the last xnodx

superman7515
December 10th, 2014, 07:15 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TFE7Phkh-2o/TQK9fRb0qhI/AAAAAAAAARI/cFBXkiKy9AM/s320/Owens%2BPopcorn.jpg

Lehigh'98
December 10th, 2014, 07:20 AM
The program is trending downwards to say the least.

Neighbor2
December 10th, 2014, 07:57 AM
I don't think there is nearly enough excitement over there right now. The program seems stuck in neutral and that gear appears to be OK with the administration and coaching staff. Still waiting for significant coaching changes, but maybe, that's not so important to those who can inject new hope. I've attended Lehigh football games home/away for 50 years now. I truly AM a neighbor to Goodman Stadium but my desire to walk over has never been lower. The 'juice' is gone. Oh, well. Great games on TV these days!

Geez, I'm beginning to sound like an older Holy Cross football fan.

bison137
December 10th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Geez, I'm beginning to sound like an older Holy Cross football fan.

To reach that level, every post has to include: (a) we could have been in the Big East; and (b) we could be a national power if the Patriot League weren't dragging us down.

:)

Bill
December 10th, 2014, 11:14 AM
http://youtu.be/xNzBgR0UoYo

Pard4Life
December 10th, 2014, 11:23 AM
The gist that I heard was that heading into 150, Lehigh was overconfident once they heard the news on our QB situation and thought they had the game won. It sure felt like it as the fire was not there.

DFW HOYA
December 10th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Lehigh will be fine.

When you have one league win in three years to schools not named Holy Cross, then we can talk.

Pard4Life
December 10th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Lehigh will be fine.

When you have one league win in three years to schools not named Holy Cross, then we can talk.

LAFAYETTE????

PAllen
December 10th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Did Yosha quit the team to go play elsewhere (the true gist of what we were laughing at weeks ago)? Did he quit because he's fed up with the program? Or, did he quit do to his injury (never healed right, long road back, etc)? Things aren't exactly happy in Saucon Valley, but I'll wait and see how many more defections we have before I start screaming.

DFW HOYA
December 10th, 2014, 01:12 PM
LAFAYETTE????

Actually, I missed a win vs. Bucknell.

Georgetown vs. PL opponents, since 2001:

Bucknell: 4-10 (wins in 2002,05,07,12)
Colgate: 1-11 (win in 2011)
Fordham: 2-12 (wins in 2005,11)
Holy Cross: 4-10 (wins in 2010,11,13,14)
Lafayette: 4-10 (wins in 2003,10,11,12)
Lehigh: 0-14
Total, 14 seasons: 15-67

carney2
December 10th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Did Yosha quit the team to go play elsewhere (the true gist of what we were laughing at weeks ago)? Did he quit because he's fed up with the program? Or, did he quit do to his injury (never healed right, long road back, etc)? Things aren't exactly happy in Saucon Valley, but I'll wait and see how many more defections we have before I start screaming.

RichH says it's because of his knees.

Pards Rule
December 10th, 2014, 01:37 PM
The gist that I heard was that heading into 150, Lehigh was overconfident once they heard the news on our QB situation and thought they had the game won. It sure felt like it as the fire was not there.

Well, how about that...Never count out ZZ!! The last in homeroom roll call shall be the first in TD passes!

ace93
December 10th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Actually, I missed a win vs. Bucknell.

Georgetown vs. PL opponents, since 2001:

Bucknell: 4-10 (wins in 2002,05,07,12)
Colgate: 1-11 (win in 2011)
Fordham: 2-12 (wins in 2005,11)
Holy Cross: 4-10 (wins in 2010,11,13,14)
Lafayette: 4-10 (wins in 2003,10,11,12)
Lehigh: 0-14
Total, 14 seasons: 15-67

That's embarrassing. I can't believe that in that time period we lost to Georgetown twice.

CHIP72
December 10th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Hah! I was at the Georgetown/Lafayette game in Easton in 2010 when Georgetown was coming off a very poor season and saw the Hoyas upset the Leopards. THAT was shocking to everyone in attendance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RichH2
December 10th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Confirmed today by Joyce LU beat writer. Left team,not school,because of knee.,which was injured again at Yale .

dwtime
December 10th, 2014, 02:45 PM
That's too bad, when Lehigh played in Durham Yosha was your best player on the field.

RichH2
December 10th, 2014, 03:01 PM
The risk Andy took signing Yosha. An excellent RB,when he could play. Turned out it was less than half the season.

Pards Rule
December 10th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Hah! I was at the Georgetown/Lafayette game in Easton in 2010 when Georgetown was coming off a very poor season and saw the Hoyas upset the Leopards. THAT was shocking to everyone in attendance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh that was my birthday too 9-11!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 10th, 2014, 04:16 PM
The risk Andy took signing Yosha. An excellent RB,when he could play. Turned out it was less than half the season.

Yosha showed tremendous quickness when he was healthy. It's a shame he couldn't finish out his career but these things do happen. I felt a move to WR would have been his best chance to stay on the field had he decided to remain on the team.

This is not a terrible thing or a "state of the program" issue. Leigh showed real promise as a freshman.

RichH2
December 10th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Yosha showed tremendous quickness when he was healthy. It's a shame he couldn't finish out his career but these things do happen. I felt a move to WR would have been his best chance to stay on the field had he decided to remain on the field.

This is not a terrible thing or a "state of the program" issue. Leigh showed real promise as a freshman.
And he is not leaving. Depth may be an issue with only Leigh and Kee returning.

Go...gate
December 11th, 2014, 02:08 AM
Lehigh will be fine.

Agreed, but GU is kind of self-limiting in that regard. If you guys gave even 25 equivalencies, you might be highly competitive in the Patriot League. LU pours a lot more $$ and institutional support into the program.

DFW HOYA
December 11th, 2014, 05:48 AM
Agreed, but GU is kind of self-limiting in that regard. If you guys gave even 25 equivalencies, you might be highly competitive in the Patriot League. LU pours a lot more $$ and institutional support into the program.

The message the PL is sending is that anything less than 60 renders a school non-competitive. If this were not the case, why wouldn't Holy Cross or Bucknell settle for 45, 35, or even 25?

DatDude
December 11th, 2014, 07:15 AM
Confirmed today by Joyce LU beat writer. Left team,not school,because of knee.,which was injured again at Yale .Yes, thats what theyre REPORTING. I heard about this weeks ago. I think the FINAL straw was the the LC game when he was pulled for Leigh. Heard he was HIGHLY upset about not getting back in the game. HE WAS HEALTHY that game which happens to be LU last. xthumbsupx He's in school NOW. Probably transfer before the yr is done.

carney2
December 11th, 2014, 08:46 AM
The message the PL is sending is that anything less than 60 renders a school non-competitive. If this were not the case, why wouldn't Holy Cross or Bucknell settle for 45, 35, or even 25?

Georgetown has some serious advantages that they have chosen not to exploit. That's on them. They are not now, and have never been, picked on nor singled out for abuse by the Patriot League. Woe is us ain't gonna cut it anymore.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 11th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Yes, thats what theyre REPORTING. I heard about this weeks ago. I think the FINAL straw was the the LC game when he was pulled for Leigh. Heard he was HIGHLY upset about not getting back in the game. HE WAS HEALTHY that game which happens to be LU last. xthumbsupx He's in school NOW. Probably transfer before the yr is done.

Hard to characterize it as "pulled" since he wasn't the starter and he only had one 1st quarter touch. But Yosha was hardly the only guy who didn't get many touches that made me scratch my head during 150. Leigh himself only had four touches, though one was the only score of the game.

Pards Rule
December 11th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Hard to characterize it as "pulled" since he wasn't the starter and he only had one 1st quarter touch. But Yosha was hardly the only guy who didn't get many touches that made me scratch my head during 150. Leigh himself only had four touches, though one was the only score of the game.

Hey LFN, left you a PM...did you not get

Lehigh Football Nation
December 11th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Hey LFN, left you a PM...did you not get

I didn't get it. Try again, tx

Franks Tanks
December 11th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Yes, thats what theyre REPORTING. I heard about this weeks ago. I think the FINAL straw was the the LC game when he was pulled for Leigh. Heard he was HIGHLY upset about not getting back in the game. HE WAS HEALTHY that game which happens to be LU last. xthumbsupx He's in school NOW. Probably transfer before the yr is done.

The Express-Times is reporting that he is leaving and going to Indiana University.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehigh/index.ssf/2014/12/lehigh_running_back_brandon_yo_2.html

Pards Rule
December 12th, 2014, 07:24 AM
Wow departing..LFN done!

DatDude
December 12th, 2014, 09:10 AM
The Express-Times is reporting that he is leaving and going to Indiana University.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehigh/index.ssf/2014/12/lehigh_running_back_brandon_yo_2.htmlYes, nice article. He will probably sit out a yr and play for IU is my bet. Get a tad bit healthier. He couldnt tell LU he was "transfering" yet again to play for ANOTHER team xpeacex Like the career is over spin on things. He'll have a "change" of heart after his sit out yr is complete.xnodx

Lehigh Football Nation
December 12th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Wow departing..LFN done!

Kid unfortunately had knee issues. It was the calculated risk that was taken in having him come. He's out of football now and wants to go to school closer to home. Can't fault him for that.

The unfortunate side for Lehigh is we now have a gaping hole at running back. As exciting as Leigh might be, he's hardly proven he's a 25-30 carry back for Lehigh. They need more backs to spread out the work.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, nice article. He will probably sit out a yr and play for IU is my bet. Get a tad bit healthier. He couldnt tell LU he was "transfering" yet again to play for ANOTHER team xpeacex Like the career is over spin on things. He'll have a "change" of heart after his sit out yr is complete.xnodx

Can't let it go, can we?

DatDude
December 12th, 2014, 11:12 AM
- - - Updated - - -

Can't let it go, can we?I CAN respond to a post meant for me cant I? Dont be upset LFN. I told you that kid and his family "catfished" LU. Its ok, its over now. You have a scholly you can use for a better kid. Dont worry....be happy. Doooo doo doo dooodle dooodle doodle doodllle:D

Lehigh Football Nation
December 12th, 2014, 11:17 AM
I CAN respond to a post meant for me cant I? Dont be upset LFN. I told you that kid and his family "catfished" LU. Its ok, its over now. You have a scholly you can use for a better kid. Dont worry....be happy. Doooo doo doo dooodle dooodle doodle doodllle:D

You're entitled to your opinion, as wrong as it is. But going from that to speculate that he's going to play at Indiana is mean-spirited and makes no sense.

I don't harbor any ill will towards him. Evidently you do, for some reason. And to the Lehigh football program.

Lehigh'98
December 12th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Also a rumor Pandy may be leaving as well. Cannot confirm nor deny.

Bill
December 12th, 2014, 12:19 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20299&stc=1

ngineer
December 12th, 2014, 01:36 PM

You don't know what your are talking about. Read Yosha's own words, not what is rumored or reported. His interview and quotes is contained on www.lehighvalleylive.com (http://www.lehighvalleylive.com). He has undergone three knee surgeries and never fully recovered from the Yale injury. He made the decision to stop playing football, period, before he becomes a cripple. A very smart move on his part considering the number of serious injuries to his legs already. I've been there and know exactly what he feels. He's not a big kid and D-I football is a vicious game. At some point, one has to smell the coffee and face reality and move on; and that is what he is doing.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 12th, 2014, 02:04 PM

That might be a blessing. Not to rip a kid but he was not a D1 kicker. D1 leg yes, D1 talent no.....

melloware13
December 12th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Watching the PIAA A Title game and just heard them mention that the RB from Bishop Guilfoyle is planning to go to Lehigh. He was able to run away from the Clairton defense, so that's a good sign for the Hawks

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 12th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Watching the PIAA A Title game and just heard them mention that the RB from Bishop Guilfoyle is planning to go to Lehigh. He was able to run away from the Clairton defense, so that's a good sign for the Hawks

The kid gave South Williamsport trouble last week. He's a talented RB...

Lehigh'98
December 12th, 2014, 04:14 PM
The kid gave South Williamsport trouble last week. He's a talented RB...

Damn owl, how much football you watch��

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 12th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Damn owl, how much football you watch��

Apparently Ross Tucker hinted that he has pretty close ties to either Coen or someone on the Lehigh staff during the BG-Clairiton title game today. He made it sound that Lehigh has either been doing really well recruiting or they're offering the wrong kids a scholarship.

For anyone who doesn't know, Tucker runs GoBig Recruiting. He's a smart dude, 2 time Academic AA at Princeton....

RichH2
December 12th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Apparently Ross Tucker hinted that he has pretty close ties to either Coen or someone on the Lehigh staff during the BG-Clairiton title game today. He made it sound that Lehigh has either been doing really well recruiting or they're offering the wrong kids a scholarship.

For anyone who doesn't know, Tucker runs GoBig Recruiting. He's a smart dude, 2 time Academic AA at Princeton....

OK owl,which is it "doing well" or schollies to wrong kids??? Or did you mean doing well this yr as opposed to past when offersd wrong kids. I hope the latter :)

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 12th, 2014, 07:52 PM
OK owl,which is it "doing well" or schollies to wrong kids??? Or did you mean doing well this yr as opposed to past when offersd wrong kids. I hope the latter :)

Time will tell. I think the way he put it made it sound like he knew of more than one instance where he thought Lehigh passed over offering a really talented kid for someone else. He absolutely implied that he has pretty close ties to Lehigh. Overall, it had a positive connotation.

Doesn't the state title games get re-run in PA for about a week?

McCloskey was fantastic, arguably the best player on the field that included a lot of D1 prospects. PSU offered a sophomore from Clairiton?

RichH2
December 12th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Thanks owl. Yes all champ games will be. Will be streamed forever for you Westerners :).
Given spotty developement of first schollie class cant disagree with him. Hope he's right about this yr.

DatDude
December 12th, 2014, 08:56 PM
You're entitled to your opinion, as wrong as it is. But going from that to speculate that he's going to play at Indiana is mean-spirited and makes no sense.

I don't harbor any ill will towards him. Evidently you do, for some reason. And to the Lehigh football program.
Sure I was wrong. What I've said has came to pass. Its OK. You're "future" has moved on.

DatDude
December 12th, 2014, 09:01 PM
You don't know what your are talking about. Read Yosha's own words, not what is rumored or reported. His interview and quotes is contained on www.lehighvalleylive.com (http://www.lehighvalleylive.com). He has undergone three knee surgeries and never fully recovered from the Yale injury. He made the decision to stop playing football, period, before he becomes a cripple. A very smart move on his part considering the number of serious injuries to his legs already. I've been there and know exactly what he feels. He's not a big kid and D-I football is a vicious game. At some point, one has to smell the coffee and face reality and move on; and that is what he is doing.You guys said that before. One gone, more to come. What will you say when 2016 comes around and the kid has a " change" of heart and resumes his career? Its coming.....I know. Don't be sad. He did you guys a favor. At least IU won't pay for his services like LU! Good luck to LU and Yosha....lmao!

DatDude
December 12th, 2014, 09:06 PM
The Mcckolskey kid will probably get moved to DB. Its what LU does.

DatDude
December 12th, 2014, 09:08 PM
That might be a blessing. Not to rip a kid but he was not a D1 kicker. D1 leg yes, D1 talent no.....But you basically did rip him. All kickers have a bad slump. That's why NFL kickers move to other teams! Go LU....lol

Lehigh Football Nation
December 12th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Go LU....lol

A perfect summary of your **** posing as a Lehigh fan.

Lehigh'98
December 12th, 2014, 09:17 PM
You guys said that before. One gone, more to come. What will you say when 2016 comes around and the kid has a " change" of heart and resumes his career? Its coming.....I know. Don't be sad. He did you guys a favor. At least IU won't pay for his services like LU! Good luck to LU and Yosha....lmao!

Just out of curiosity, what do u have against Lehigh Football? Did you play for them or something? Personally, I never thought Yosha was our savior. Solid player, would have been nice to have him next year.

ngineer
December 12th, 2014, 09:36 PM

Sounds great! We've done pretty well over the years with Class A players making a big impact.

ngineer
December 12th, 2014, 09:41 PM
A perfect summary of your **** posing as a Lehigh fan.

LFN--the guy's a troll. Probably the alter ego of You-Know-Who. (;-)

DatDude
December 14th, 2014, 07:19 PM
LFN--the guy's a troll. Probably the alter ego of You-Know-Who. (;-)Call me what you want. Never said I was a LU fan though. I just know some "inside" stuff. I said there would be some defections. This is not the last!