PDA

View Full Version : I think this is a compelling argument

blackfordpu
November 13th, 2006, 06:45 PM
To whom it may concern

Dear NCAA,

I’m writing today on behalf of college football fans all across the country to propose a new rule that should be put into effect immediately.

Let’s call it the “I have been playing in the wrong position” extra year of eligibility rule.

Hold on before you brush me off, just let me make my case.

Say there is a guy that was an incredible athlete in high school who played both ways, maybe for instance running back and linebacker, and a school recruited him, hoping to utilize his talents somewhere on the field.

What if the university he originally signed with out of high school wasn’t the right fit so he decided to try the junior college route at the last minute. Then, the JUCO moved him into the secondary, and after he got a season under his belt, a bigger school gave him another shot.

http://www.itemonline.com/sports/local_story_316220750.html?keyword=topstory

Seven Would Be Nice
November 13th, 2006, 10:01 PM
I'm for it. I've got a player we can test it on here in Statesboro. He wears number 4. Somehow I think others in the conference would oppose.
Interesting article, it would never fly.

FUtilitspurple
November 13th, 2006, 10:37 PM
Somehow I think others in the conference would oppose.
Damn right.

gobucknell06
November 13th, 2006, 11:38 PM
I say get rid of 4 year eligibility altogether. NCAA runs a freaking cartel. What's next regulation of orange juice? Oh wait, they've already done that!!!