ALPHAGRIZ1
December 7th, 2014, 01:51 AM
www.stitthappensfootball.com

xcoffeex

Hope this is true.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 8th, 2014, 12:27 AM
http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=68921

Intriguing stuff........................

centennial
December 8th, 2014, 12:49 AM
Vigen is a good guy. Not sure for HC however. Why would anyone leave a OC in the MW for one in the Big Sky? Add to that Montana pays at least 1/3 less than NDSU and a 1/3 of what WY pays. Maybe I am missing something. Are you guys going into the 300k+ range like NDSU and UNI?

Grizzlies82
December 8th, 2014, 01:04 AM
Vigen is a good guy. Not sure for HC however. Why would anyone leave a OC in the MW for one in the Big Sky? Add to that Montana pays at least 1/3 less than NDSU and a 1/3 of what WY pays. Maybe I am missing something. Are you guys going into the 300k+ range like NDSU and UNI?

I'm sure they'll try to bump up current salary but certainly could NOT afford (get approved) anywhere near $300M.

EDIT: Note original post omitted the word NOT.

As for a prospective coach, I also can't believe they would hire Wyoming's offensive coordinator. The North Dakota State type offensive isn't going to fly around here. You must score points if you want to win in the Big Sky. A great defense means you'd have to score less, but regardless you need a potent offense. Honestly I have no idea who'll end up being hired, but it's a safe bet they won't hire any ball control / pound it up the gut OC or Head Coach.

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2014, 03:04 AM
I'd be surprised if Vigen had genuine interest. I know the former NDSU AD Gene Taylor "kicked his tires" to gauge his interest of staying at NDSU as the HC when Bohl announced he was leaving and what I heard was that it was a quick meeting that gave Taylor a pretty clear impression that Vigen had little to no interest in sticking around. This is more speculative but the vibe I heard was that Vigen was angling to be a part of former Bison coach Gus Bradley's staff for the Jacksonville Jaguars and thought being an FBS OC would be a better step in that direction than being the HC at NDSU.

Has his view on being a HC at the FCS level changed over the last year? Possibly but I'd doubt it. Montana is surely an attractive job but so is NDSU and Vigen is an NDSU alum so I wouldn't guess his view of the HC position at Montana would be any more intriguing than the NDSU HC position that he didn't even pursue.

saxbison
December 8th, 2014, 09:09 AM
I'd be surprised if Vigen had genuine interest. I know the former NDSU AD Gene Taylor "kicked his tires" to gauge his interest of staying at NDSU as the HC when Bohl announced he was leaving and what I heard was that it was a quick meeting that gave Taylor a pretty clear impression that Vigen had little to no interest in sticking around. This is more speculative but the vibe I heard was that Vigen was angling to be a part of former Bison coach Gus Bradley's staff for the Jacksonville Jaguars and thought being an FBS OC would be a better step in that direction than being the HC at NDSU.

Has his view on being a HC at the FCS level changed over the last year? Possibly but I'd doubt it. Montana is surely an attractive job but so is NDSU and Vigen is an NDSU alum so I wouldn't guess his view of the HC position at Montana would be any more intriguing than the NDSU HC position that he didn't even pursue.

Vigen had also been at NDSU for 20 years as a player and coach, and maybe just wanted a change of scenery. Staying at one place too long can often be detrimental to your development, as it may become an echo chamber. He may have thought this move would be best for his development as a coach, and ultimately his career in the long run. Pure speculation, but I think it's plausible.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 8th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Ursus and I have discussed this situation at length and he knows EXACTLY what is going on here with the information in this thread.

I am sure you NDSU fans will be playing catch up in the next week or so, but right now things are running at an incredible rate!!!

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/hVrBEq_Ict4/0.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2014, 10:48 AM
While I'm pretty sure that Vigen finally understands what a rebuilding project Wyoming is, I wonder if he's willing to go back into FCS obscurity or try like Scottie Hazelton to get a step up job.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Where's Mussman at??

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 8th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Hey, doesnt NDSU have a playoff game this weekend?

Really, and I am trying to help here..............not every thread has to be about NDSU football. What is wrong with the other 75,671 threads? How much is enough?

xcoffeex

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2014, 12:32 PM

Really, and I am trying to help here..............not every thread has to be about NDSU football. What is wrong with the other 75,671 threads? How much is enough?

xcoffeex

The egriz thread you posted was heavy, if not primarily talk of Brent Vigen becoming Montana's coach. I believe if you're going to post something like that, you should expect discussion on it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2014, 12:49 PM

xcoffeex

Quit your bitchin! Just having a little fun!

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 8th, 2014, 01:42 PM
So was I................................Actually, I was having more fun than you will ever know.