PDA

View Full Version : Round 2: Northern Iowa at Illinois State

Pages : [1] 2

PantherRob82
November 30th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Should be a great game. I think both teams are playing better than last time they met.

It will be interesting to see if weather plays a factor at all.

I haven't been down to Normal for a while and I hope to meet up with some of our old AGS friends.

ValleyChamp
November 30th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Would really suck to lose your only two games of the season to the same team.

Have to think Illinois State will be playing with a good deal of pressure in this one at home.

Sycamore62
November 30th, 2014, 12:20 PM
If my plan to go to Chatty gets vetoed I may come up for this.

centennial
November 30th, 2014, 04:56 PM
Game of the week for me.

Redbird Ray
November 30th, 2014, 06:21 PM
UNI fans are welcome to come and admire our new half of a stadium. Actually, the new east side of the stadium makes things incredibly windy, which could turn out to be a pretty big factor for a December game.

Should be a good game, but this one makes me nervous. UNI is playing better than anyone else in the country right now.

achrist70
November 30th, 2014, 07:19 PM
So you're saying that our Air Raid offense may be bothered by windy conditions

Oh, wait

BisonFan02
November 30th, 2014, 07:24 PM

Oh, wait

I won't believe it until I see some "Xs and Os" from unigriff....he's a guru.

clenz
November 30th, 2014, 07:32 PM

Oh, wait
UNI might set a record for least passes completed by a non option teamto win a playoff game(s)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

PantherRob82
November 30th, 2014, 08:06 PM
I won't believe it until I see some "Xs and Os" from unigriff....he's a guru.

Where do you place Griff on your all time coaches list?

BisonFan02
November 30th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Where do you place Griff on your all time coaches list?

Somewhere between Lombardi and Coach Lasso.

clenz
November 30th, 2014, 08:55 PM
Somewhere between Lombardi and Coach Lasso.

As a Tottenham fan I can tell you Lasso got a raw deal in White Heart Lane...better than people think

344Johnson
November 30th, 2014, 09:02 PM
As a Tottenham fan I can tell you Lasso got a raw deal in White Heart Lane...better than people think

Tot'nam? Gross. Join us at Anfield. Liverpool.

clenz
November 30th, 2014, 09:06 PM
Tot'nam? Gross. Join us at Anfield. Liverpool.

You would be a freaking Liverpoop fan

Panther-State
November 30th, 2014, 09:46 PM
You would be a freaking Liverpoop fan

Blue is the color!!!

http://e1.365dm.com/football/badges/192/524.png

clenz
November 30th, 2014, 09:54 PM
Blue is the color!!!

Also not shocking...

For some reason I have a feeling this tweet was you...

http://www.101greatgoals.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Screen-Shot-2014-02-08-at-11.24.01-PM.png

xcoffeex

xlolx

BisonFan02
November 30th, 2014, 09:55 PM
I like where this thread is going...........

xlolx

Panther-State
November 30th, 2014, 10:30 PM
Also not shocking...

For some reason I have a feeling this tweet was you...

http://www.101greatgoals.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Screen-Shot-2014-02-08-at-11.24.01-PM.png

xcoffeex

xlolx

Please...I would never voluntarily take a picture of myself with my hair looking like that. That must be the bush of Honey Boo-Boo's mom.

In the 10 years I've followed the EPL I've never cheered for anyone but Chelsea. Its inevitable when all your friends follow United and Arsenal.

clenz
November 30th, 2014, 10:41 PM
BF02...dude, I want to rep every single one of your posts. I literally can't spread enough rep around to get to all your posts.

Damn dude.

unigriff
November 30th, 2014, 10:52 PM
com'n guys...Man City is where it's at. Chelsea is so early 2000s.

344Johnson
November 30th, 2014, 11:26 PM
Blue is the color!!!

**** club, no history.

#YNWA

Jrbird2
November 30th, 2014, 11:34 PM
Redbirds are undefeated at the new Hancock stadium since it opened last season. UNI's proven they can take this one though.

Fully expecting a classic. Every time UNI comes to town, I think of that OT thriller in 2011 that UNI won to keep ISU out of the playoffs. In my five years in the ISU marching band, I've never seen the home crowd quite that devastated. Hopefully we won't have anything like that this time, go birds!

PantherRob82
November 30th, 2014, 11:35 PM
Redbirds are undefeated at the new Hancock stadium since it opened last season. UNI's proven they can take this one though.

Fully expecting a classic. Every time UNI comes to town, I think of that OT thriller in 2011 that UNI won to keep ISU out of the playoffs. In my five years in the ISU marching band, I've never seen the home crowd quite that devastated. Hopefully we won't have anything like that this time, go birds!

Was it 2009 when you guys beat us with 8 seconds left to keep us out of the playoffs?

clenz
November 30th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Was it 2009 when you guys beat us with 8 seconds left to keep us out of the playoffs?

Yep

UNI took the lead with 1:04ish left.

Illinois State drove the field and scored to win with 8 second left on the clock

Kept UNI out

PantherRob82
December 1st, 2014, 12:02 AM
I was on the sideline for that game. Couldn't believe it when you guys scored. Now I come to expect it in situations like that.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 1st, 2014, 06:08 AM
What kind of crowd will be at this one?

Full house?

BisonBacker
December 1st, 2014, 07:02 AM

Full house?

Do you think they are redbird fans or panther fans????
http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/popcrush.com/files/2014/01/FullHouse2.jpg

clenz
December 1st, 2014, 07:13 AM

Full house?
Doubt it.

Sounds like there might be as many UNI fans as ISUr fans.

In their 7 home games they averaged only 9,700

They got just 7,200 for their final home game of the season - against intrastate rival Southern Illinois. That game was in the 50s and pretty nice weather.

They drew under 10k more than over, and had just 1 game draw over 10,020...week 2 against 100+ year rival EIU at 12,400

UNI fans think the weather looks real nice for Saturday - 39-41* with 10-15 MPH winds. That puts windchill below freezing.

I know it's a playoff game against UNI, but if ISUr fans don't show up when it's 50+ degrees against intrastate conference rivals why would we expect them to show up in below freezing wind chills?

Houndawg
December 1st, 2014, 07:24 AM
com'n guys...Man City is where it's at. Chelsea is so early 2000s.

Yep. Man City.

UNIFanSince1983
December 1st, 2014, 09:36 AM
I plan to be in attendance for this game. Will be my first trip to Normal for a game. Really looking forward to it. Not sure how I feel about the game though. It is tough to beat a team twice in a season especially a team as good as the Redbirds. I am sure they are looking for blood following us ruining their perfect season. Should be a great playoff football game!!

Go Panthers!

uni88
December 1st, 2014, 11:47 AM
I'm working on making it down to the game. Any suggestions on parking, seating, hotels, restaurants, etc.?

REALBird
December 1st, 2014, 11:50 AM
Doubt it.

Sounds like there might be as many UNI fans as ISUr fans.

In their 7 home games they averaged only 9,700

They got just 7,200 for their final home game of the season - against intrastate rival Southern Illinois. That game was in the 50s and pretty nice weather.

They drew under 10k more than over, and had just 1 game draw over 10,020...week 2 against 100+ year rival EIU at 12,400

UNI fans think the weather looks real nice for Saturday - 39-41* with 10-15 MPH winds. That puts windchill below freezing.

I know it's a playoff game against UNI, but if ISUr fans don't show up when it's 50+ degrees against intrastate conference rivals why would we expect them to show up in below freezing wind chills?

The SIU game was over Thanksgiving Break. Illinois State gives the students the entire week of Thanksgiving off, so once the dorms closed Saturday afternoon it's adios to the students. I think they did extend it, but after 11 weeks on campus most kids were just eager to get home. Plus, Blo/No is a very transient community - lots of corporate types from all over the US working in insurance - so getting anyone to stick around for football is always hard.

I also think showing our games on Comcast Sports Chicago has reduced our attendance, as well as the increase in ticket prices. That being said, finals are about a week or two away so I fully expect the "Red Rage" there in full support all 4,000 of them. We may not sell out the place, but it's a party, it's on TV and it's an excuse for kids to blow off some steam before finals.

My guess is about 10,500.

Sycamore62
December 1st, 2014, 11:53 AM
They wont be competing against Illinois and Northwestern for fans. If you squint you could probably see MS from the top of MS.

Maybe State Farm should buy some tickets and let the employees go for free

steelbison
December 1st, 2014, 12:34 PM
Going to predict
Ill St 27
UNI 17

Nothing against UNI as they have a hell of a team but IMHO you are not going to win a big game with that horrible QB you have. Plus I doubt you get special teams/Def touchdowns like the last match up.

Should be a hell of a game. If UNI had a QB that was serviceable I would pick them but your QB is not that.

REALBird
December 1st, 2014, 02:47 PM
They wont be competing against Illinois and Northwestern for fans. If you squint you could probably see MS from the top of MS.

Maybe State Farm should buy some tickets and let the employees go for free

I'd rather have the 7200 fans than a bunch of cheese eaters who won't do anything but complain and talk about Illanoying! No thanks.

Ivytalk
December 1st, 2014, 06:54 PM
UNI wins by a TD.

JayJ79
December 1st, 2014, 07:01 PM
is there any free parking within walking distance of Hancock Stadium? not looking to tailgate, just to park.

Loyl2u
December 1st, 2014, 07:42 PM
is there any free parking within walking distance of Hancock Stadium? not looking to tailgate, just to park.

Some on-street parking a couple of blocks east of Main St and couple north of Locust St or on the West side, you could look for parking west of Adelaide St. on- street. Either way probably a little over 1/4 mile walk.(see attached map link)
http://www.goredbirds.com/documents/2014/6/23/Football_Map.pdf?id=92

Visiting team tickets on the west side - north end. I believe you will need to go to box office on east side of stadium to purchase tickets if you don't have in advance. Paid parking is $10

Catsfan90
December 1st, 2014, 09:40 PM
I have a question about UNI. I hope everyone pardons my ignorance as I am pretty new to following FCS as a whole, so I am still learning the INS and out. What was it about UNI that they were able to beat NDSU so handily, when NDSU absolutely manhandles anyone else? I only ask this because from reading posts/ predictions/ threads, people seem to put UNI as an average to an above average team. But to me logic would dictate that if that handily defeated the team that annihilates everyone. Shouldn’t UNI as well annihilate everyone? But that just doesn’t seem to be the general consensus. So anyone that could help to explain this team I'd really appreciate it!

Sycamore62
December 1st, 2014, 09:47 PM
I have a question about UNI. I hope everyone pardons my ignorance as I am pretty new to following FCS as a whole, so I am still learning the INS and out. What was it about UNI that they were able to beat NDSU so handily, when NDSU absolutely manhandles anyone else? I only ask this because from reading posts/ predictions/ threads, people seem to put UNI as an average to an above average team. But to me logic would dictate that if that handily defeated the team that annihilates everyone. Shouldn’t UNI as well annihilate everyone? But that just doesn’t seem to be the general consensus. So anyone that could help to explain this team I'd really appreciate it!
Well for one, they didn't play like that against Indiana State. I watched both games. 2 different teams on the field.

PantherRob82
December 1st, 2014, 09:50 PM

We are built to beat NDSU. We also "out-NDSU'd them".

If a team tries to pound the ball down our throat, they will most likely lose.

Redbird Recon
December 1st, 2014, 10:05 PM
The difference in the first matchup was special teams. UNI blocked a punt that scored, and DJ returned a KO in the 2nd half when the momentum was leaning heavily in ISUr's favor.

PantherRob82
December 1st, 2014, 10:07 PM
The difference in the first matchup was special teams. UNI blocked a punt that scored, and DJ returned a KO in the 2nd half when the momentum was leaning heavily in ISUr's favor.

We are playing much better now than we were the first time we met. I think it's safe to say that you guys are as well.

clenz
December 1st, 2014, 10:24 PM

Err…

Almost every pollster has UNI as a top 10 team. ONE got quite a few 1st place votes preseason. The UNI team after week 7 is the team we expected preseason. If ranking teams strictly second half of the season chances are UNI is top 2 or 3 in the rankings. They certainly are much, much, better than "average".

To look at the results from ISUb and SDSU and think this is the same UNI team would be a great mistake.

clenz
December 1st, 2014, 10:26 PM
And Brion fumbled the first play of the game and threw 40 percent of his season total of picks in that game….

Turns out UNI also gifted ISUR 21… .

unigriff
December 1st, 2014, 10:42 PM
Coprich won't break 100 in this one rushing. (maybe rushing/receiving total).

Roberson is gonna have to beat us with his legs.

Panther-State
December 1st, 2014, 11:06 PM
Roberson is going to need to beat us with his legs if he wants to survive this one. Redbirds can't afford to give up 5 sacks and 12 TFL's again. You think Roberson remembers Brett MacMakin? Glad Tre is okay, because he got lit up by the sophomore.

For as much flak as UNI gets for a mediocre to below average QB in Carnes, Roberson was nearly as ineffective as Brion was in that game. Made poor decisions, wasn't able to use his mobility, did not threaten the defense with his arm. They were almost the same player except Brion took less hits.

Roberson was 15-35 for 127 yds and 2 picks with 1 TD. 21 yds rushing on 11 "carries" (I think those stats include sacks...not sure what the Panthers statisticians count as a carry). Brion was 10-30 for 117 yds and 2 picks with 1 TD. 19 yds rushing on 7 "carries". You guys can blame turnovers and field position all you want (it was nearly the same reason ISUr got their 3 TDs) but your QB play was just as much to blame. If the offensive line hasn't gotten its act together then they're in for another rude awakening from UNI's front 7.

Sycamore62
December 2nd, 2014, 07:57 AM
5dimes has UNI -1.5

Redbird Recon
December 2nd, 2014, 08:23 AM
And Brion fumbled the first play of the game and threw 40 percent of his season total of picks in that game….
Good things happen when you have a long defensive line capable of tipping/picking passes.

1st team All-MVFC OT Jermaine Barton got rolled up on in the 2Q which caused him to miss the 2nd half. He was replaced by a redshirt sophomore with barely any experience. That was a big reason UNI was able to tee off on Roberson. Man, he got whacked in that game.

clenz
December 2nd, 2014, 08:26 AM
Good things happen when you have a long defensive line capable of tipping/picking passes.

1st team All-MVFC OT Jermaine Barton got rolled up on in the 2Q which caused him to miss the 2nd half. He was replaced by a redshirt sophomore with barely any experience. That was a big reason UNI was able to tee off on Roberson. Man, he got whacked in that game.
Yeah...that's why the UNI DL got to Roberson.

It has nothing to do with the fact that UNI has done that to every single team they've played this year...

Yep, it was ISUr's defense that caused UNI issues, but ISUr's offensive issues were all because one OL got hurt...

smh

IBleedYellow
December 2nd, 2014, 08:27 AM
5dimes has UNI -1.5

Wow. I expect this game to be that close, too.

RollBirds
December 2nd, 2014, 08:36 AM

Considering that 4 of UNI's sacks were given up by that sophomore I don't see it happening again. But both of these team are completely different teams, this game will come down to the hidden yardage of special teams.

Redbird Recon
December 2nd, 2014, 08:37 AM
Yeah...that's why the UNI DL got to Roberson.

It has nothing to do with the fact that UNI has done that to every single team they've played this year...

Yep, it was ISUr's defense that caused UNI issues, but ISUr's offensive issues were all because one OL got hurt...

smh
UNI got to Roberson, because they have a heck of a defense. I didn't dispute that. Losing a great player up front didn't help.

Are you saying Brion's miscues had nothing to do with ISUr's defensive front?

Sycamore62
December 2nd, 2014, 08:55 AM
speaking of losing players....

achrist70
December 2nd, 2014, 08:57 AM
UNI got to Roberson, because they have a heck of a defense. I didn't dispute that. Losing a great player up front didn't help.

Are you saying Brion's miscues had nothing to do with ISUr's defensive front?

I don't think that anyone is saying that the Redbird defense didn't play some roll, but Brion does some of that on his own, and I believe that the first play was a terrible snap.

Houndawg
December 2nd, 2014, 09:03 AM

Turns out UNI also gifted ISUR 21… .

Yeah but you were gifted 28 by SIU so there remains balance in the cosmos.

clenz
December 2nd, 2014, 09:11 AM
I don't think that anyone is saying that the Redbird defense didn't play some roll, but Brion does some of that on his own, and I believe that the first play was a terrible snap.
That was brion just dropping the ball.

Panther-State
December 2nd, 2014, 11:14 AM
Were the configurations to our line before or after the ISUr game? I remember the NDSU game being one of the first times it was mentioned that we had switched things up and moved personnel around. Really wish it had been done sooner because it was a big factor in all 4 losses

unigriff
December 2nd, 2014, 11:50 AM
i think NDSU was the full transition on the line mix-up. maybe light change in ISUr. not sure.

clenz
December 2nd, 2014, 11:53 AM
Were the configurations to our line before or after the ISUr game? I remember the NDSU game being one of the first times it was mentioned that we had switched things up and moved personnel around. Really wish it had been done sooner because it was a big factor in all 4 losses
I think the NDSU game is where the TE moved inside to tackle

World
December 2nd, 2014, 12:09 PM
Illinois State - 32
UNI - 26

unigriff
December 2nd, 2014, 12:16 PM
Illinois State - 32
UNI - 26

32 points huh? We haven't given up more than 31 this season and that was twice (Iowa, SDSU) before our offense was on the field a tad more than our defense. IF ISUr can score 30 they may win. But I doubt they will get there.

RollBirds
December 2nd, 2014, 05:39 PM
32 points huh? We haven't given up more than 31 this season and that was twice (Iowa, SDSU) before our offense was on the field a tad more than our defense. IF ISUr can score 30 they may win. But I doubt they will get there.

Fun fact ILSTU has only not scored over 30 points in two games. I see this one going more like the other 9 games. And the ILSTU D has never given up more then 30 points and I don't see that changing.

UNIFanSince1983
December 2nd, 2014, 05:40 PM
Fun fact ILSTU has only not scored over 30 points in two games. I see this one going more like the other 9 games. And the ILSTU D has never given up more then 30 points and I don't see that changing.

And one of those was in the UNI-Dome earlier this year...

RollBirds
December 2nd, 2014, 05:48 PM
And one of those was in the UNI-Dome earlier this year...

It's a good thing we aren't playing in said dome this weekend. There playing in normal IL, outside.

PantherRob82
December 2nd, 2014, 05:52 PM
It's a good thing we aren't playing in said dome this weekend. There playing in normal IL, outside.

*they're

And I think the outdoors is an advantage to us in this one.

Panther-State
December 2nd, 2014, 05:52 PM

If you think winter weather in the mid-west (especially against a run-stuffing D from northern Iowa) is more conducive to scoring than a 70 degree, windless dome, then perhaps I can interest you in some volcano insurance. Central Illinois is certainly due for a Dante's Peak

(I know what you're getting at...)

RollBirds
December 2nd, 2014, 06:00 PM
If you think winter weather in the mid-west (especially against a run-stuffing D from northern Iowa) is more conducive to scoring than a 70 degree, windless dome, then perhaps I can interest you in some volcano insurance. Central Illinois is certainly due for a Dante's Peak

(I know what you're getting at...)

No I think I'm all set on Volcano insurance, I think I have a pretty good policy already.

PantherRob82
December 2nd, 2014, 06:02 PM
No I think I'm all set on Volcano insurance, I think I have a pretty good policy already.

State Farm? :)

Redbird Recon
December 2nd, 2014, 06:22 PM
State Farm? :)
OK, that's funny! :)

World
December 2nd, 2014, 10:47 PM

I was being "nice" to UNI

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2014, 06:24 AM
UNI fans:

Will Farley pull Carnes if he is ineffective right away or will he keep him in? Especially if they get behind early?

clenz
December 3rd, 2014, 07:41 AM
UNI fans:

Will Farley pull Carnes if he is ineffective right away or will he keep him in? Especially if they get behind early?
No

unigriff
December 3rd, 2014, 09:59 AM
agree with clenz. I'd guess they only way at this point Farley pulls the plug on Carnes is if he gets injured and can't return.

JayJ79
December 3rd, 2014, 11:23 AM
I take it that there likely would not be a problem getting walkup tickets on gameday for this one?

I ordered a pair of tix (general admission on the visitor side) a few days ago, paid the extra $7 fee for will-call (my home printer is crap, plus I like having ticket stubs). But now another person wants to come with. It seems silly to shell out another $7 surcharge for a general admission ticket, when I am 99% sure I can just buy one at the gate.
(yes, I am a cheapskate. haha)

PantherRob82
December 3rd, 2014, 11:25 AM
I am also a cheapskate. :)

Panther-State
December 3rd, 2014, 11:42 AM
Walkup's should be easy. Not knocking ISU but this won't be a sellout. I'd be absolutely shocked!

unigriff
December 3rd, 2014, 11:44 AM
Rob, you making the trip to normal?

UNIFanSince1983
December 3rd, 2014, 02:59 PM
Sounds like there may be quite a few UNI fans who make the trek to Normal.

I guess I have never been there for a regular season game so don't know how many would normally make this trip, but sounds like this one might have quite a few.

unigriff
December 3rd, 2014, 03:36 PM
its been a few years since I went 1983..but typically there was a large contingent of UNI fans in Normal every time we went..id say 1000 max

PantherRob82
December 3rd, 2014, 04:47 PM
Rob, you making the trip to normal?

That's the plan. :)

Jacked_Rabbit
December 3rd, 2014, 04:57 PM
This is easily the best game of the weekend. Hope to catch as much of it as possible. I think Illinois State pulls it out in Double OT, 34-31.

Panther-State
December 3rd, 2014, 07:46 PM
I don't even want to think about OT games. These kids have seen enough of those for a lifetime. Yuck.

Professor Chaos
December 4th, 2014, 10:19 AM
My prediction is 28-27 Panthers and that the game may take a few years off the end of the life of those invested fans on both sides watching or in attendance.

Bisonator
December 4th, 2014, 10:28 AM
My prediction is 28-27 Panthers and that the game may take a few years off the end of the life of those invested fans on both sides watching or in attendance.

I'll take the Redbirds in the same score/scenario. Definitely could go either way and should be a great game!

UNIFanSince1983
December 4th, 2014, 10:29 AM

I hope we win, but man UNI athletics has already taken many years off my life! If this happens I may not even make it to my birthday on Sunday ;)

UNIFanSince1983
December 5th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Bringing this back to the first page.

Woody Hayes
December 5th, 2014, 08:42 AM
UNI 38
isu 21

RollBirds
December 5th, 2014, 08:48 AM
UNI 38
isu 21

Wow I thought this game would be close.

Woody Hayes
December 5th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Sorry...I don't. DJ will have 32 carries, 4 TD's, 289 total yards.

UNH72Plus
December 5th, 2014, 09:22 AM
With much trepidation I picked Illinois State in a close one, but knowing what UNI has done to my Wildcats over the years, including their 2005 win in the "Dungeon" when UNH was the #1 seed, I know anything could happen!

achrist70
December 5th, 2014, 09:25 AM
With much trepidation I picked Illinois State in a close one, but knowing what UNI has done to my Wildcats over the years, including their 2005 win in the "Dungeon" when UNH was the #1 seed, I know anything could happen!

Sounds to me you are hoping UNI gets knocked out before they get to your Wildcats :)

PantherRob82
December 5th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Before the playoffs began I picked UNI to win 28-24. Today I feel more like 31-21. If UNI loses I expect we will see multiple INTs from Carnes and/or decreased carries for Johnson.

Professor Chaos
December 5th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Before the playoffs began I picked UNI to win 28-24. Today I feel more like 31-21. If UNI loses I expect we will see multiple INTs from Carnes and/or decreased carries for Johnson.
I think it would be interesting to see how UNI's OC would involve Johnson if UNI gets down by a score or two. Since that SDSU game the only game UNI has trailed in has been very early in the Illinois St game. It's easy to give your stud RBs a ton of carries when you're leading or tied throughout the whole game but I wonder if he reverts to his mind-boggling underuse of Johnson if Illinois St can jump out to an early lead.

If anything, that may be the best reason for inserting Carnes as the QB. It really dissuades the offensive play caller from relying on the passing game too much because Carnes just isn't that type of passer that can carry an offense. I know there's more to the Kollmorgen story than that but it's an added benefit that deters your OC from going full retard in his play calling like he did earlier in the year and freezing out DJ.

PantherRob82
December 5th, 2014, 11:36 AM
look at the stats from the Iowa game to see other ways to involve Johnson. He is very hard to cover out of the backfield.

unigriff
December 5th, 2014, 12:26 PM
I think the key this time will be Roberson vs the UNI defense. Coprich will get his carries but likely not the breakout runs he had last time. Roberson is the key. If he can get going vs the uni d we may see quite the game. If he has a pitiful performance like last time could be a long day. I also think carnes will have a big day rushing.

PantherRob82
December 5th, 2014, 12:28 PM
I think the key this time will be Roberson vs the UNI defense. Coprich will get his carries but likely not the breakout runs he had last time. Roberson is the key. If he can get going vs the uni d we may see quite the game. If he has a pitiful performance like last time could be a long day. I also think carnes will have a big day rushing.

If Carnes has a big day rushing then we smoke them. That would mean a huge change in our offensive play calling.

unigriff
December 5th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Or carnes just takes his head out of Salmons butt and does what he wants like rennie did

Redbird 13
December 5th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Not even sure if the Redbirds should show up. Hell, cancel the playoffs and hand the trophy to UNI.

PantherRob82
December 5th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Not even sure if the Redbirds should show up. Hell, cancel the playoffs and hand the trophy to UNI.

So your first post is to prove you're a giant baby? Sorry we have opinions.

Care to add any actual thoughts?

OSBF
December 5th, 2014, 01:45 PM

Hey Rob, just shot you a text

Did you change your #?

UNIFanSince1983
December 5th, 2014, 01:52 PM

Hey we would be fine with that ;)

PantherRob82
December 5th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Hey Rob, just shot you a text

Did you change your #?

Nope, just texted you back. :)

OSBF
December 5th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Nope, just texted you back. :)

If you end up coming to town please stop by and have a steak sammich and a cold beverage of choice!

Sounds like Bill and Jeff were planning on coming but are out as of now.

What 'bout clenze and Jay?

Haven't seen any of you guys in a couple of years. Been too long.

I can help anyone with parking/hotel/food/bar fare that wants to know something.

Best parking option is going to be just pay the 10 bucks and park in the deck 1 block east of stadium

Community Christmas parade is the morning of the game, there will be tons of traffic and likely little if any free/ on street parking

Any questions just ask away

We're the big tailgate setup in the lot immediately east of Redbird Arena, I still got that old bright red jeep, just look for that.

PantherRob82
December 5th, 2014, 02:27 PM
If you end up coming to town please stop by and have a steak sammich and a cold beverage of choice!

Sounds like Bill and Jeff were planning on coming but are out as of now.

What 'bout clenze and Jay?

Haven't seen any of you guys in a couple of years. Been too long.

I can help anyone with parking/hotel/food/bar fare that wants to know something.

Best parking option is going to be just pay the 10 bucks and park in the deck 1 block east of stadium

Community Christmas parade is the morning of the game, there will be tons of traffic and likely little if any free/ on street parking

Any questions just ask away

We're the big tailgate setup in the lot immediately east of Redbird Arena, I still got that old bright red jeep, just look for that.

Jay is coming down. Clenz has to work.

As of the moment we aren't coming down. If we do we will for sure hook up. :)

clenz
December 5th, 2014, 03:10 PM
I don't have to work, simply can't make it.

Oh and I've been attacked by the flu all week

PantherRob82
December 5th, 2014, 03:22 PM
I don't have to work, simply can't make it.

Oh and I've been attacked by the flu all week

Close enough. :D

unigriff
December 5th, 2014, 03:50 PM
don't get the lil clenz panther sick !

clenz
December 5th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Close enough. :D
I'm more tired and sweaty just sitting at home with this than I am after a full day of work….

This sucks

JayJ79
December 6th, 2014, 01:14 AM
I guess I got my bout of flu out of the way last week. Not only did I miss the football game, but the volleyball championship as well. ugh. but I watched volleyball on espn3 and listened to the football game on the radio (radio was about 2 plays ahead of espn3, plus I didn't really like the announcers they had on there. so I mostly listened to Rima and Petey, and then could pull up ESPN3 to watch the big plays).

In any case, I'm one of the fhe few from on here that's coming down. Though I won't be into town more than about a hour before kickoff. Thanks for the parking tip, OSBF.

clenz
December 6th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Massive crowd today….

Oh… wait..

As many uni fans as isu fans judging from twitter

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/06/5456790fa2051c7b5ab75d0453dec718.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/06/4bb955a630afefb9efcc9aeb95188b8c.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Helmet stickers are dumb. That is all.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 01:20 PM
We are going to lose. OC has his head up his ass.

3 passes? 1 almost picked.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2014, 01:26 PM
We are going to lose. OC has his head up his ass.

3 passes? 1 almost picked.

Your OC has nothing to do with your defense.

clenz
December 6th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Well, my feed froze out.

Twitter it is I guess

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Well, my feed froze out.

Twitter it is I guess

You're probably better off.

Grizalltheway
UNI's QB is just awful...

PantherRob82
Your OC has nothing to do with your defense.

Defense will come around. 5 passes in 6 plays with this QB?

Defense needs rest and to figure out their adjustments.

clenz
December 6th, 2014, 01:32 PM
I've said it for weeks…

Enjoy the 45 percent passing while you can… we won't win a title with him at qb

mmiller_34
December 6th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Carnes has overthrown everything by about 10-15 yards so far.

clenz
December 6th, 2014, 01:35 PM
If Salmon isn't fired instantly after thus game I hope all donations are pulled from athletics until he is

NDSUSR
December 6th, 2014, 01:42 PM
How the hell did this UNI team beat NDSU?
Looks like a different team today.

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 01:43 PM
How the hell did this UNI team beat NDSU?
Looks like a different team today.
Defense making plays. Thing about that is... can't count on it.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Illinois State is straight up embarrassing us.

Defense needs to figure this out, but it doesn't matter the way our offense is being run so far.

Announcers described Carnes as erratic and that may be polite.

clenz
December 6th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Carnes ****ing sucks. He wouldn't start at qb for the D3 up the road from UNI.

**** Salmon, **** Verduzco.

Way to ****ing go chasing Sawyer off too.

****ing christ.

I hope they aren't allowed on the ****ing bus ride home

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 01:47 PM
21-0

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 6th, 2014, 01:52 PM
ESPN says UNI has 7 total yards of offense? Is that correct?

clenz
December 6th, 2014, 01:53 PM
I've bitten my tongue on Carnes because "he wins" bit no more.

The defense isn't making plays bit I don't give a **** right now. They have been put in dog **** situations all season long and it was only a matter of ****ing time before their backs broke.

**** you Salmon. You're an embarassment to have on this staff with the way you handle talent

PantherRob82
What's the point of an athletic QB who never runs? Would be nice if he would help keep them honest.

Panther-State
It was nice hanging with you guys while it lasted. Glad the coaches started the offseason early. There must've been some confusion that since we played a Texas team last week, that was the national title game. I feel like someone told Salmon 2 hrs ago that we had a game today.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 01:54 PM
F'n finally Carnes keeps it.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 01:55 PM
All they had to do is read our complaints. They know Carnes rarely keeps it and can't throw.

jacksfan29
December 6th, 2014, 01:55 PM
What's the point of an athletic QB who never runs? Would be nice if he would help keep them honest.

Doesn't UNI have the greatest FCS RB of all time? That is what I read in another thread wasn't it? So give the guy the damn ball and run it.

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Doesn't UNI have the greatest FCS RB of all time? That is what I read in another thread wasn't it? So give the guy the damn ball and run it.
He is getting stopped.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 01:57 PM

Even when they give him the ball they can stack the box and put WRs in 1 on 1 coverage.

Grizalltheway
December 6th, 2014, 01:58 PM
I was pulling for UNI in this one, but this clenz meltdown might just be worth it...

IBleedYellow
December 6th, 2014, 01:59 PM
I was pulling for UNI in this one, but this clenz meltdown might just be worth it...
Hey man... Chad is passionate about his team.

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

Kemo
I figured UNI didn't have a real shot at the championship because their poor QB would catch up to them. Seems like that is coming to fruition.

centennial
Stopped on 4th and 5.

IBleedYellow
December 6th, 2014, 02:00 PM
I figured UNI didn't have a real shot at the championship because their poor QB would catch up to them. Seems like that is coming to fruition.
Indeed. If a team is able to single in on DJ, it's a long day for UNI.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Not sure what happened to our defense since the last meeting.

clenz
December 6th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Salmon went back to the OL that was getting ****ing worked early in the year… seriously.

Starting with the NDSU game there was 2 changes made on the OL and it made a huge difference. Those changes were reverted back and it's showing

****ing christ.

Can we fire Salmon before half time?

WrenFGun
December 6th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Cannot win with a bad QB, IMO. Long time left, though. They ought to go to Kollmorgen.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 02:03 PM
If we can't cover anyway, why not bring more pressure?

clenz
December 6th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Cannot win with a bad QB, IMO. Long time left, though. They ought to go to Kollmorgen.
Can't

I've laid out why in other threads but they can't.

May as well throw Eli Dunne out there, barring a transfer he is the starter of the future

World
December 6th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Tre Roberson killing UNI with his passing

Red & Black
December 6th, 2014, 02:05 PM
Really impressed with Illinois State in this game. Really good offense that reminds me a lot of EWU. UNI looking a little one-dimensional.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2014, 02:05 PM
Really impressed with Illinois State in this game. Really good offense that reminds me a lot of EWU. UNI looking a little one-dimensional.

UNI has been one dimensional all season. If Carnes cannot complete a pass and they won't give it to Johnson, they have nothing.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Illinois State looks great today. I wasn't impressed with them in the first meeting, but they've made great changes and seem to be clicking on all cylinders. They may make it to Frisco.

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Without the o producing, UNI is going to struggle. ISU looks like a shoe in for frisco right now.

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 02:11 PM
I've seen high school QB's with better throwing ability.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 02:14 PM
No idea why Carnes sucks so bad.

Grizalltheway
December 6th, 2014, 02:17 PM
Hey man... Chad is passionate about his team.

As am I, but if things go this badly for the Griz, I'll be getting drunk and avoiding this place like the plague. xlolx

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 02:17 PM
Yay, a defensive stop.

clenz
December 6th, 2014, 02:18 PM
No idea why Carnes sucks so bad.
Where do you want me to start?

The damn Nebraska OC figured out he wasn't a qb

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 02:20 PM
We got a first down.

clenz
December 6th, 2014, 02:20 PM
As am I, but if things go this badly for the Griz, I'll be getting drunk and avoiding this place like the plague. xlolx
I'm drugged up on flu meds… not really thinking those and booze mix well.

Also don't want to be called a bitch for only being here when things are good

Red & Black
December 6th, 2014, 02:21 PM
UNI has been one dimensional all season. If Carnes cannot complete a pass and they won't give it to Johnson, they have nothing.

Completely different matchup, but I just can't see how this team beat NDSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Completely different matchup, but I just can't see how this team beat NDSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All credit to UNI for the win but our team played poorly and the OC **** his pants.

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 02:25 PM
24-0

Old Cat Fan
December 6th, 2014, 02:26 PM
score?

- - - Updated - - -

24-0
thanks

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2014, 02:30 PM
All credit to UNI for the win but our team played poorly and the OC **** his pants.

Yep. That's about it. Would probably go differently next time.

Sent directly from my mind.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 02:38 PM
We would lose to the entire playoff field playing this way.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Kollmorgen!

clenz
December 6th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Kollmorgen!
Doesn't matter.

Imagine if he brings it back though… haha

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 02:51 PM
3 for 3. Too bad message board posters from all over the country saw this more than our coaches.

4 for 4

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Wow.. much luck.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Wow.. much luck.

Skill. Still don't have a defense as far as we know. :)

clenz
December 6th, 2014, 03:00 PM
One series and Sawyer has completed more passes than Carnes in a half.

2 more and he has more than carnes in 99 percent of his ****ing games

clenz
December 6th, 2014, 03:00 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/06/87999b39232b1b800dc8e72e3db859fd.jpg

Old Cat Fan
December 6th, 2014, 03:01 PM
We would lose to the entire playoff field playing this way.

No you guys would find a way to take UNH out somehow

WrenFGun
December 6th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Jesus. 34-7 right now.

Drblankstare
December 6th, 2014, 03:15 PM
I'll be honest this shocks me. I guess I need to start giving I'll St a little more respect

Bisonator
December 6th, 2014, 03:17 PM
I knew UNI would **** the bed. Didn't think it would be this much of a blowout though.

IBleedYellow
December 6th, 2014, 03:18 PM
I knew UNI would **** the bed. Didn't think it would be this much of a blowout though.
They are doing what I expected... But not this bad. Wow.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 03:18 PM
2nd half has been better so far. 10-7 ISU. Unfortunately we can't take the other 24 off the board.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 03:32 PM
34-14. Amazing what having a QB can do for you.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 03:34 PM
UNI gets a fumble on the ISU 20!

WrenFGun
December 6th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Making a run! 34-21 now with still 11 to go.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Still need the defense to step up.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Fumble! UNI ball!

WrenFGun
December 6th, 2014, 03:45 PM
UNI gets the fumble recovery with 7 to go!

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Oh man, almost got that deep ball.

- - - Updated - - -

4th down conversion to the ISU 30

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 03:52 PM
UNI turns it over on 4th

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 04:00 PM
WTF. Terrible double pass.

WrenFGun
December 6th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Yeah, OC should be fired for the double pass there. Game over.

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Game is over.

uni88
December 6th, 2014, 04:07 PM
Tale of 2 halves. We can only wonder what might have been if we would have made the QB change sooner. Great game and good luck Redbirds!

mmiller_34
December 6th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Kollmorgen is way better than Carnes

kdinva
December 6th, 2014, 04:13 PM
fine win for Ill. State......didn't see the margin being that wide, though.

REALBird
December 6th, 2014, 04:16 PM

Roberson 22/33 382 yd, 4 TD and 10 rush/37 yds (edited I was short 40 additional passing yards)

- - - Updated - - -

41 pts

REALBird
December 6th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Sorry...I don't. DJ will have 32 carries, 4 TD's, 289 total yards.

18 carries, 48 yes, TD

REALBird
December 6th, 2014, 04:18 PM
UNI 38
isu 21

Almost got the score right, just invert the teams.

REALBird
December 6th, 2014, 04:20 PM

No INTs just ineffective, but Johnson's workload was spot on. Your OC outfoxed himself. Kollmorgen (sp?) woulda lit us up had he started.

World
December 6th, 2014, 04:26 PM

Illinois State scored 41 points

REALBird
December 6th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Coprich won't break 100 in this one rushing. (maybe rushing/receiving total).

Roberson is gonna have to beat us with his legs.

Unofficially 148 yes and a TD. 100 yds in all 12 games and at least one scoring TD in 11/12 games (22nd of the season).

REALBird
December 6th, 2014, 04:30 PM
The SIU game was over Thanksgiving Break. Illinois State gives the students the entire week of Thanksgiving off, so once the dorms closed Saturday afternoon it's adios to the students. I think they did extend it, but after 11 weeks on campus most kids were just eager to get home. Plus, Blo/No is a very transient community - lots of corporate types from all over the US working in insurance - so getting anyone to stick around for football is always hard.

I also think showing our games on Comcast Sports Chicago has reduced our attendance, as well as the increase in ticket prices. That being said, finals are about a week or two away so I fully expect the "Red Rage" there in full support all 4,000 of them. We may not sell out the place, but it's a party, it's on TV and it's an excuse for kids to blow off some steam before finals.

My guess is about 10,500.

I was way off, but apparently your coach says you guys play terrible in front of small crowds. Seems it worked to our advantage.

REALBird
December 6th, 2014, 04:34 PM
548 yes of total offense from ISU. Second week in a row over 500 yds

clenz
December 6th, 2014, 04:34 PM
Salmon shouldn't be allowed back in the dome.

Have someone pack his **** up for him

REALBird
December 6th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Salmon shouldn't be allowed back in the dome.

Have someone pack his **** up for him

Seriously, WTF was he thinking? His game plan should have been all DJ, all game. With some Kollmorgen to keep us honest.

dwtime
December 6th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Illinois St. looked really good save for the mistakes that kept UNI in the game. They will be a force to be reckoned with the rest of the way.

Lehigh'98
December 6th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Congrats Redbirds, you looked like the much better team today on both sides of ball.

skinny_uncle
December 6th, 2014, 04:55 PM
Congrats to the Deadbirds.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 04:59 PM
I couldn't believe the game Roberson had after his game in the dome. Great QB.

clenz
December 6th, 2014, 05:02 PM
Seriously, WTF was he thinking? His game plan should have been all DJ, all game. With some Kollmorgen to keep us honest.
Have you not read a single uni thread all year… or in the last 8 years?

REALBird
December 6th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Congrats to the Deadbirds.
You sure Bob would approve of that message? Sacrilegious! Dawgs don't congratulate Birds! But thanks!

skinny_uncle
December 6th, 2014, 05:55 PM
You sure Bob would approve of that message? Sacrilegious! Dawgs don't congratulate Birds! But thanks!
I don't think Bob comes here, but just in case:
xshhhx

Bisonator
December 6th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Congrats Birds!

clenz
December 6th, 2014, 06:15 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/06/3792e11a393d83a82bd073e21229f271.jpg

This is the epitome of UNIs season.

SMMFH

THE HERD
December 6th, 2014, 07:14 PM
If I was a Panther fan I'd be mad as hell that UNI's coaching staff pissed away what was potentially a NC team by not sticking with Kollmorgen through the season. Should have stuck with Sawyer and ran the hell out of DJ!

clenz
December 6th, 2014, 07:19 PM
If I was a Panther fan I'd be mad as hell that UNI's coaching staff pissed away what was potentially a NC team by not sticking with Kollmorgen through the season. Should have stuck with Sawyer and ran the hell out of DJ!

I think you'll find hat 99% are but only about 2% will say anything about it and about .3% will say something about it in a way that the football staff and athletic department know about it.

SIUSalukiFan
December 6th, 2014, 07:42 PM
It's hard to believe half-ass coordinators have cost UNI 15 straight national championships. Heads should roll in Cedar Falls.

Congrats to Illinois State!

JayJ79
December 6th, 2014, 08:39 PM
no more road games for me. (at least nothing outside of 2.5 hours away).
just not worth it

after UNI punted towards the end of the 3rd quarter, I decided enough was enough and headed toward the exit (plus someone in my group wanted to make it back for at least part of the basketball game).
And as soon as I'm out of the stadium, UNI forces the first of like three consecutive turnovers, and by the time I had gotten to the car, they had scored.

Maybe if I had left at halftime they could have pulled off the comeback! haha

FargoBison
December 6th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Thought it was only a matter of time until Carnes bit UNI in the butt. He wasn't winning any games for them, he was just kind of along for the ride.

Wish David Johnson and Xavier Williams the best in the pros, glad NDSU is done with them.

clenz
December 6th, 2014, 08:52 PM
He wasn't winning any games for them, he was just kind of along for the ride

Best way to describe carnes

dewey
December 6th, 2014, 09:20 PM
Wish David Johnson and Xavier Williams the best in the pros, glad NDSU is done with them.

^^^^This! I know a lot of you guys have been very critical of the offensive coordinator but have the coaches said anything during post game press conferences or anything else about the lack of feeding g DJ 30+ times per game. Heck run him like crazy, then run him out of the backfield or possibly even a wildcat formation.

Does the offensive coordinator keep his job?

Dewey

clenz
December 6th, 2014, 09:22 PM
^^^^This! I know a lot of you guys have been very critical of the offensive coordinator but have the coaches said anything during post game press conferences or anything else about the lack of feeding g DJ 30+ times per game. Heck run him like crazy, then run him out of the backfield or possibly even a wildcat formation.

Does the offensive coordinator keep his job?

Dewey
Less than 2 percent chance

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 09:22 PM
The only reason I don't want UNI O coordinator to lose his job is because then they become a legit threat for NC.

dewey
December 6th, 2014, 09:26 PM
The only reason I don't want UNI O coordinator to lose his job is because then they become a legit threat for NC.

Agreed!!! Is Farley extremely loyal to his staff or what is the deal? Farley had to know he had a dam good team going into the season but finishing 9-5 has to be a disappointment.

Dewey

clenz
December 6th, 2014, 09:37 PM
Agreed!!! Is Farley extremely loyal to his staff or what is the deal? Farley had to know he had a dam good team going into the season but finishing 9-5 has to be a disappointment.

Dewey
He is…

From what I'm told that ended after the SDSU game and shortly there after Salmon and Verduzco were enlightened of their likely fate.

The things I've heard… oh the things I've heard

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 09:43 PM
One thing I have to say.. When watching the game, it looked like 2 mid level Big 10 playing. Didn't look like FCS teams.

ISUMatt
December 6th, 2014, 09:57 PM
OK I figured today might be a good day to end my 4 year hiatus!

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag472/isu6174/image1_zpsbf5316b1.jpg (http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/isu6174/media/image1_zpsbf5316b1.jpg.html)

Redbird 13
December 6th, 2014, 10:21 PM

Post count doesn't mean jack. I was a longtime reader who got fed up with the UNI fans pissing all over any positive ISU thoughts.

You would, too. Fact is, ISU is a hell of a lot better than any UNI fan wanted to give the 'Birds credit for, and they proved it today.

Pant8her
December 6th, 2014, 10:23 PM
Tale of 2 halves. We can only wonder what might have been if we would have made the QB change sooner. Great game and good luck Redbirds!

Well from what I heard, from a parent at the game... Apparently, Carnes was hurt and did not practice this last week. To this I say WTF Coaches?!!

I would guess that our OC's thought that we had the wind in the 1st Q so we should throw it.. 3 and out repeat...
We should have been running Johnson down their throats and mixing it up. Offensively the 1st Q was a total embarrassment to the UNI fans. Coaches, give the players a chance to play and win. The last time these two teams played the UNI players made the plays in spite of the OC's and they did wonders.

The ISU coaching staff did wonders and shredded our pass defense which opened the door for Coprich (great game for him, congrats).

To ISU, now go and get to the NC and win this thing.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 10:32 PM
Post count doesn't mean jack. I was a longtime reader who got fed up with the UNI fans pissing all over any positive ISU thoughts.

You would, too. Fact is, ISU is a hell of a lot better than any UNI fan wanted to give the 'Birds credit for, and they proved it today.

Keep crying. Post count doesn't mean jack. You just whined and posted nothing meaningful. Same for your second post. We'll just look forward to the bump that knocks you off the band wagon.

OSBF
December 6th, 2014, 10:49 PM
Carne's couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat today
At least he was consistent he missed every open receiver he threw at
I'm no football coach but daymn..............
The wrong guy was under center to start the game

clenz
December 6th, 2014, 11:34 PM
5 weeks ago there wasn't a ****ing redbird fan on this sit.

Kind of like your stadium today.

****ing shameful…

Only the second playoff game ever hosted, not a holiday weekend, no FBS game in the area, conference rematch against your only loss, decent weather and you? Get 5k with over 1k panther fans….

NDSUSR
December 6th, 2014, 11:37 PM
http://mysticpolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/the-truth-about-nuclear-weapons-e1341873217972.jpg

SIUSalukiFan
December 6th, 2014, 11:39 PM

****ing shameful…

Only the second playoff game ever hosted, not a holiday weekend, no FBS game in the area, conference rematch against your only loss, decent weather and you? Get 5k with over 1k panther fans….

I hope you have been drinking. xdrunkyx

It's one thing to rip what goes on in your own program. But, to rip Illinois State fans and the attendance for a Redbirds home game is pretty petty.

birdsflyhigh
December 6th, 2014, 11:47 PM
Ah such is the history of UNI posters...IF this or IF that. My god, seems like every season there are a ton of pollsters and fan forum posters (and readers) that get caught up in all the UNI spin. I had tickets at the 50 yard line today at beautiful Hancock Stadium and even with the Redbirds 3 second half turnovers that was STILL a manhandling of supposedly the "hottest" team in all of FCS football. 13-0 record now at Hancock 2.0.

What happened to the vaunted UNI defense today? I'll tell you what happened...the ISU Redbirds absolutely dismantled the Panthers. The better team is advancing in the playoffs.

Talked to a group of UNI fans making our way back to the car and they were a pretty cool lot. Too bad more UNI fans posting on boards can't be a bit better, but it is what it is. I agree with a previous poster that several UNI posters have ripped on Illinois State for some time now.

Should make for some interesting games once MVC hoops begins in a few weeks. Alright, looking forward to the rematch/battle against EWU...YES!! :)

gobirds85
December 7th, 2014, 12:20 AM

****ing shameful…

Maybe it's the liquor and medication, but you might be suffering from double vision as there was no where near 1K Panther fans. Not happy about crowd size myself, but as it was previously pointed out...pretty petty.

In the final analysis it comes down to one thing...scoreboard.

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2014, 12:23 AM
Ah such is the history of UNI posters...IF this or IF that. My god, seems like every season there are a ton of pollsters and fan forum posters (and readers) that get caught up in all the UNI spin. I had tickets at the 50 yard line today at beautiful Hancock Stadium and even with the Redbirds 3 second half turnovers that was STILL a manhandling of supposedly the "hottest" team in all of FCS football. 13-0 record now at Hancock 2.0.

What happened to the vaunted UNI defense today? I'll tell you what happened...the ISU Redbirds absolutely dismantled the Panthers. The better team is advancing in the playoffs.

Talked to a group of UNI fans making our way back to the car and they were a pretty cool lot. Too bad more UNI fans posting on boards can't be a bit better, but it is what it is. I agree with a previous poster that several UNI posters have ripped on Illinois State for some time now.

Should make for some interesting games once MVC hoops begins in a few weeks. Alright, looking forward to the rematch/battle against EWU...YES!! :)

I think every fan base whose team lost today is looking back at how it could have gone differently. You won, stop whining about petty stuff.

The second half was a completely different game for us and if the tables were turned you guys would be having thw same frustrations and thinking "what if".

Plenty of fans from the other MVFC schools have weighed in and agreed that our coaches screwed us over by putting Carnes at the helm, and if you think this game wouldn't have been different with Sawyer playing all 4 quarters then you are delusional.

birdsflyhigh
December 7th, 2014, 12:26 AM
All AGS readers stay on HIGH alert as the UNI spin alert squad is now swinging into action. WOW.

Redbird 13
December 7th, 2014, 01:02 AM
I think every fan base whose team lost today is looking back at how it could have gone differently. You won, stop whining about petty stuff.

The second half was a completely different game for us and if the tables were turned you guys would be having thw same frustrations and thinking "what if".

Plenty of fans from the other MVFC schools have weighed in and agreed that our coaches screwed us over by putting Carnes at the helm, and if you think this game wouldn't have been different with Sawyer playing all 4 quarters then you are delusional.

Just like the delusional UNI fans who said ISU wouldn't touch 30 or Coprich wouldn't come close to 100 yards? Or that the return of ISU's best offensive lineman would make no difference.

Hilarious work, UNI fans. You guys sure know your stuff.

Jrbird2
December 7th, 2014, 01:50 AM
Ok the last two pages of this thread make it official- we're rivals now!!

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2014, 02:29 AM
Just like the delusional UNI fans who said ISU wouldn't touch 30 or Coprich wouldn't come close to 100 yards? Or that the return of ISU's best offensive lineman would make no difference.

Show me the UNI fans that said you guys wouldn't touch 30? 1, maybe 2? Show me the post where someone said an offensive lineman wouldn't help. I'll wait.

Nice for bandwagon douchebags to show up and lump everyone together.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah. We'll be rivals when you guys bring a decent amount of fans to our place and this is regularly an important game.

SpreadtheRed
December 7th, 2014, 02:36 AM

Absolutely, it would have been a totally different game, especially if he would have been able to duplicate what he did in the beginning of the second half. There was a stat they showed in the first half of time of possession being 13:28 (ISUr) to 1:32 (UNI) at the end of the first. Imagine if the two teams were trading blows back and forth and UNI had some pressure on the Birds.

I was kind of disappointed the UNI coaching staff crapped the bed. I always love seeing the Birds play UNI, there have been some awesome games over the years.

As far as attendance at Hancock goes...what the hell ISU students? There are 18k students and this was the best they can pull now? Has ISU lost some support in the community? It's been 7 years since I graduated...but even with lesser teams they were packing Hancock, what happened?

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2014, 03:31 AM
Absolutely, it would have been a totally different game, especially if he would have been able to duplicate what he did in the beginning of the second half. There was a stat they showed in the first half of time of possession being 13:28 (ISUr) to 1:32 (UNI) at the end of the first. Imagine if the two teams were trading blows back and forth and UNI had some pressure on the Birds.

I was kind of disappointed the UNI coaching staff crapped the bed. I always love seeing the Birds play UNI, there have been some awesome games over the years.

As far as attendance at Hancock goes...what the hell ISU students? There are 18k students and this was the best they can pull now? Has ISU lost some support in the community? It's been 7 years since I graduated...but even with lesser teams they were packing Hancock, what happened?

The last time I went, 5 or so years ago, there was a good crowd. It was the last game of the season. Not sure if it was weather or what. Would have loved to see the renovations, but glad I didn't make the trek with the way it went. :)

JayJ79
December 7th, 2014, 07:29 AM
Well from what I heard, from a parent at the game... Apparently, Carnes was hurt and did not practice this last week. To this I say WTF Coaches?!!

We should have been running Johnson down their throats and mixing it up.

Farley said something in the postgame about David Johnson having been dinged up and not practicing this past week either. At least I think that's what he said, my radio reception was going in and out.
Of course, if that was the case, it really makes you wonder why they kept the starters for so long last week when the game was already well in hand. xconfusedx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Just watched the ESPN3 replay of this. Ill State is tough as nails.

Kollmorgen should have played the whole game.

Bison56
December 7th, 2014, 06:15 PM

Well after the redbirds lose I'm sure you will vanish.

clenz
December 7th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Well after the redbirds lose I'm sure you will vanish.
Yep

They don't venture round the mvc forums except to brag about their recruiting classes… they then disappear once the lose half their OIC games

UNIFanSince1983
December 7th, 2014, 08:58 PM
I was at the game. It was rough. Illinois State is a great team. Roberson showed why he was first team All Conference. He played an excellent game, and was hitting receivers all day long. I don't know where the UNI defense was, but seems to be having to be on the field for the entire first half did not help. Carnes was terrible yesterday, and the defense could not bail him out. DJ only had 16 yards. He could not get anything going yesterday of course when you don't have to worry about a QB completing a pass you can sell out on the run. Great game by the Birds. Looks like they could make a long run this year. Too bad only 5,575 people showed up to watch a great team play.

Overall, had a great time in Normal yesterday aside from one student I ran into in the bathroom that was a classless a hole. It happens though. Uptown Normal was great and can't complain about 1.50 Coors Light bottles. Of course I hated myself today.

REALBird
December 8th, 2014, 06:08 AM
I was on this board 5 weeks ago.

I also choose to take the higher road. Lots of predictions were made about what Tre would need to do, what Coprich wasn't going to do, how many points we could /couldn't score, how many yards DJ would have.

You don't have to be a butthole about it, but I did gladly repost each of those things and point out what did happen.

Winning is great, but Kollmorgen would have made a difference in this game HAD he played all 4Q. Not sure it would have equated to a UNI win, but it would have made a difference. He can throw the ball, ISU fans would have to be dense to not notice that fact.

It made a difference for a half of the game when they were in catch-up mode, woulda made a difference in the first half as well. No questions.

That being said, the MVFC OPOY did what he does, and the MFVC NOY did what he does, and the MVFC COY prepared us well.

We got the W. As my church pastor and team spiritual counselor said prior to the game, "It was about REDEMPTION not REVENGE.". Spack would let the word revenge enter the locker room this past week.

The REDEMPTION tour moves to Eastern Washington now, remember 2012. This game is done. Kudos to UNI on a great run.

OSBF
December 8th, 2014, 07:59 AM

Slow down there ricky ramjet

I've got a news flash for you, ISU isn't even a pimple on the ass of UNI nor NDSU

Respect is earned, NEVER an entitlement

Until such time as ISU has shelves full of Conf and/or national championship trophies just shut up

Come here with respect and humility, not shaking your little wang in the faces of these guys that have been here for years

We can scream rival all we want, but to explain it to you honestly, UNI and NDSU really don't care about ISU because we haven't earned anything yet

To be a rivalry both sides have to buy in, we are making headway, but it isn't at that level yet

Saturday was a tremendous leap forward for our program

We have ample opportunity to take more in the coming weeks

PantherRob82
December 8th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Like I said, I think rivalry is about more than close games and some fans who are mad on a message board. If Illinois State started bringing a good fan base to Cedar Falls and the games kept being important then I could see it, especially with the basketball tie in.

DaBurds!!
December 8th, 2014, 10:26 AM

I've got a news flash for you, ISU isn't even a pimple on the ass of UNI nor NDSU

Until such time as ISU has shelves full of Conf and/or national championship trophies just shut up

Come here with respect and humility, not shaking your little wang in the faces of these guys that have been here for years

We can scream rival all we want, but to explain it to you honestly, UNI and NDSU really don't care about ISU because we haven't earned anything yet

To be a rivalry both sides have to buy in, we are making headway, but it isn't at that level yet

This!
sad, but true

REALBird
December 8th, 2014, 11:25 AM
This!
sad, but true

Very True, but its coming from a guy who doesn't even post on our own message board except to stir the pot. He's got a hair so far up his bung hole about Brock Spack that he can't even find a way to congratulate the team on their W, but he can come to the defense of UNI.

Coming from anyone else it might be just what the Doctor ordered to put a few Bird fans back in their place, but I think OSBF would have been just as happy if we had lost to continue his personal diatribe on all that is wrong with Brock Spack.

I'd much rather have a few fans put in their place by a guy who is in TOTAL support of the program, rather than a guy who has an axe to grind with the program.

REALBird
December 8th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Like I said, I think rivalry is about more than close games and some fans who are mad on a message board. If Illinois State started bringing a good fan base to Cedar Falls and the games kept being important then I could see it, especially with the basketball tie in.

Couldn't agree with you more. It was a GAME. Both teams this year won going away, and unless ISU can continue to get to the playoffs and "re-tool" not "rebuild" then we're not at the level of UNI yet. Seems that the announcers indicatd that we had split the last 12 meetings before Saturday, and well ......that's a start. But the games have to be meaningful like the last two were as well.

Problem with the whole "rivalry" thing is ISUr has a rivalry with Eastern Illinois. Played them 108 times or something going back forever. Next up is WIU we've played them over 100 times as well. Because both don't play in the MVC in basketball, the football rivalry is very much overshadowed by our hoops rivalry with Badley (I mean Bradley). Then there is the other in-state hatefest between Illinois State and Southern Illinois.

Our rivalries are pretty spread out in all sports, and I can see one potentially developing if we can get our crap together and have some sustained success. But football is still NDSU/UNI and everyone else. Basketball is now WSU, dare I say UNI and everyone else.

We got lots of work to do, before our rivalries extend beyond the borders of Illinois.

PantherRob82
December 8th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Great post. Your rivalries with EIU and WIU make more sense than an out of state school 4 hours away.

The only real rivalry I feelwe have is NDSU because they bring a ton of fans and the games are normally important.

Mo State was considered a rival, but not really sure why. SIU was a rival on the field but they hardly brought anyone here and I cant imagine we brought that many more fans to Carbondale.

World
December 8th, 2014, 11:46 AM
So.....

How did UNI do against Illinois State last weekend?