18. Princeton Tigers 8-1 730 21
19. South Dakota State Jackrabbits 7-3 727 22
20. Northern Iowa Panthers 6-4 668 12
21. Portland State Vikings 7-4 622 23
22. Maine Black Bears 6-4 385 19
23. Delaware State Hornets 8-2 357 NR
24. Towson Tigers 7-3 261 NR
25. Alabama A&M Bulldogs 8-2 245 NR
Others receiving votes: Harvard 227, McNeese State 158, Wofford 115, Monmouth 59, Charleston Southern 56, Central Arkansas 54, Sam Houston State 48, Yale 40, Lehigh 26, UC Davis 22, Arkansas Pine-Bluff 20, Villanova 16, Tennessee State 10, South Carolina State 7, Northern Arizona 6, Holy Cross 5.
As of November 13, 2006, at 12:49 PM ET

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/tsn-div-1aa-poll.htm

Torero Tradition
November 13th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Based on that poll and with this weekends games... you would think USD is in.... ranked #14, some of the teams ahead of them are not playoff eligible.

danefan
November 13th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Still trying to figure out how USD is ranked 14th but Monmouth isn't ranked at all????????????

No sense at all.

griz37
November 13th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Based on that poll and with this weekends games... you would think USD is in.... ranked #14, some of the teams ahead of them are not playoff eligible.

The polls have nothing to do w/playoff selection.

monmouthhawk
November 13th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Still trying to figure out how USD is ranked 14th but Monmouth isn't ranked at all????????????

No sense at all.

I was expecting 24 or 25 for Monmouth! I guess Monmouth should not play legit AA teams in the future and schedule some Retirement Village All-Star teams and local JV high school teams instead.

I hope USD comes to New Jersey in a few weeks.

CopperCat
November 13th, 2006, 04:22 PM

Rank really doesn't matter much for some teams. Like Montana State, one place behind USD. They know they have to beat UM to make the playoffs. Win and you're in. Leave the rest at home.

A USD trip to Bozeman would be nice. You could see what a decent team looks like, a decent stadium, and a more than decent free safety (Ryan Force) who likes to put a hurt on wide receivers.:nod:

MU Alum
November 13th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Its just crazy, it seems like the NEC did what every one told them to do, schedule up and win and it doesnt matter. Frustrating. The NEC schools as a whole played up and the top NEC schools won their games against Delaware, Georgia Southern, Lehigh, Colgate, Morgan State, and Fordham while San Diego and the Pioneers only quality win is Yale. Thats it. Pioneer schools as a whole played D-III & D II schools OOC and lost a majority of those games. But somehow USD is a top 15 school while MU isnt even in this top 25. MU deserves it more by earning it, not talking, hyping and running up scores on below average teams.

Ronbo
November 13th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Rank really doesn't matter much for some teams. Like Montana State, one place behind USD. They know they have to beat UM to make the playoffs. Win and you're in. Leave the rest at home.

A USD trip to Bozeman would be nice. You could see what a decent team looks like, a decent stadium, and a more than decent free safety (Ryan Force) who likes to put a hurt on wide receivers.:nod:

And the fans chanting "Eat ***** Toreros" the entire game. :rolleyes:

WMTribe90
November 13th, 2006, 05:04 PM
I feel your pain monmouth fans. Monmouth absolutley should be ranked in the top 25, at 24 or 25 at least. USD should be no higher than 20 based off their SOS. If I was on the selction comittee Monmouth would make the field over USD. I'd think long and hard about taking DSU over USD as well.

ToreroTime
November 13th, 2006, 05:06 PM

Decent Stadium huh? Im pretty sure anyone would pick Drake's or Princeton's stadium over Montana State's.

NDSUFREAK
November 13th, 2006, 05:11 PM
, and a more than decent free safety (Ryan Force) who likes to put a hurt on wide receivers.:nod:

I'd like to see him out hit Joe Mays:nod:

VictorG
November 13th, 2006, 05:12 PM
And the fans chanting "Eat ***** Toreros" the entire game. :rolleyes:

No Ronbo, I'm quite sure it would still be "Eat ***** Grizzlies" no matter who they play!

GrizRick
November 13th, 2006, 05:34 PM
No Ronbo, I'm quite sure it would still be "Eat ***** Grizzlies" no matter who they play!

Along with their other favorite "F... the Griz" In any event, that nice family atmosphere the MSU fans provide.

GreatAppSt
November 13th, 2006, 07:10 PM

No sense at all.

Squeky wheel (coach):nod: :nonono2:

matfu
November 13th, 2006, 07:31 PM
san diego has a ZERO CHANCE of getting in the playoffs!!

The Tank
November 13th, 2006, 08:15 PM

I've been lurking and reading this nonsense for a little while now, but I finally had to chime in. I've seen a lot of these teams play in person, unlike most of you on here I'm sure. I was at the Montana State homecoming vs. Weber St. I saw Cal Poly play San Diego State, I've seen the USD vs. Yale tape, and have seen USD in person 4 times.

You haters can knock USD's schedule all you want, and you may be correct in terms of the selection commitee using it to keep them out of the playoffs. But any of you who think USD can't play with those teams, or doesn't have the talent to match up, is in for a rude awakening if it they do.

You in particular FTG06, the Bobcats would get run by USD.

GrizRchattybound
November 13th, 2006, 08:23 PM

xlolx :nod: :rotateh: :thumbsup: :bow: :p :cool:

Nuff' said

GrizRchattybound
November 13th, 2006, 08:24 PM
I'd like to see him out hit Joe Mays:nod:

Hey Joe, you're not gonna take that smack are you? xlolx

JohnStOnge
November 13th, 2006, 09:18 PM
I've been lurking and reading this nonsense for a little while now, but I finally had to chime in. I've seen a lot of these teams play in person, unlike most of you on here I'm sure. I was at the Montana State homecoming vs. Weber St. I saw Cal Poly play San Diego State, I've seen the USD vs. Yale tape, and have seen USD in person 4 times.

You haters can knock USD's schedule all you want, and you may be correct in terms of the selection commitee using it to keep them out of the playoffs. But any of you who think USD can't play with those teams, or doesn't have the talent to match up, is in for a rude awakening if it they do.

I think it'd be interesting to see your boys make the playoffs. But, if you do, I wouldn't rule out the rude awakening being on your part. Frankly, it's tough to tell. I believe in power ratings more than most on this board do and by the power ratings USD is a playoff caliber team. But, still, the schedule USD has played is so weak that, even with the big blowouts, there's a lot of uncertainty.

There was the big win over Yale. But there's also beating Jacksonville by "only" 38 - 21. You're talking about a team that lost to Southeastern Louisiana, a squad that's 2 - 9 overall and 1 - 5 in a down Southland Conference right now, by 41 - 13.

Put it this way: If Montana State played Jacksonville and they put the line at Montana State -17, I'd definitely take Montana State and feel like I had a lock. In fact, I'd probably take Montana State if the line was 30.

Black and Gold Express
November 13th, 2006, 09:33 PM

Thinking, now that would be a welcome change from you before you post the same thing again, and again, and again, and again, and again......

gobucknell06
November 13th, 2006, 11:41 PM
Drake's stadium is awesome! I think Monmouth should be 23. USD -- 13.

USD would hammer Monmouth. Too bad it'll never happen in the Gridiron Classic. Maybe both will make the playoffs and get spanked. I doubt it.

Mountaineer#96
November 14th, 2006, 12:45 PM
USD is going to the playoffs, too bad they won't make it past the first round........come this time next year the selection comit. will pass them up even if they are undefeated again.

cu@wgs
November 14th, 2006, 01:05 PM
IMHO leaving out 11-0 or 10-1 teams isn't much different than the BCS. The PCS should figure this thing out or we might be in jeopardy of the same type of inequality.

putter
November 14th, 2006, 01:21 PM

I don't think it is nonsense. Very few posters on here have said USD is a poor team and I think most have only questioned their SOS. Yes, being 11-0 is an accomplishment but it would look better if they were 11-0 having already played UC Davis and Sac St. rather then Azuza (good NAIA team) and Dixie. Your comparing them to other schools is an opinion about what you saw but can USD go 4 quarters agains full scholly teams? Maybe one game but multiple weeks? Who knows, maybe they will get their chance.

catbob
November 14th, 2006, 04:00 PM
USD may be a legit IAA playoff team, but the fact that they did not set out to prove that fact, just proves, in my mind, they do not belogn in the playoffs.

texcap
November 14th, 2006, 04:14 PM
IMHO leaving out 11-0 or 10-1 teams isn't much different than the BCS. The PCS should figure this thing out or we might be in jeopardy of the same type of inequality.

If all PCS schools were funded at the same level it would be a fair system. The problem is that there are essentially DIII teams in the PCS so that their other sports can be in DI. It would be nice if the NCAA would have separate classification for each sport and not all sports. Either that or have an exemption for football where only scholarship (or equivalents) be in the PCS.

Retro
November 14th, 2006, 04:18 PM
If all PCS schools were funded at the same level it would be a fair system. The problem is that there are essentially DIII teams in the PCS so that their other sports can be in DI. It would be nice if the NCAA would have separate classification for each sport and not all sports. Either that or have an exemption for football where only scholarship (or equivalents) be in the PCS.

It has absoutely nothing to do with funding! It's about competition.. USD has just as much capability to play the full scholarship I-AA's as the non-scholies... If Louisiana-Lafayette went 11-0 in I-A and beat LSU and Texas a&m, they would be considered a BCS team..

cu@wgs
November 14th, 2006, 04:46 PM
texcap,
In that regard does a school like Louisiana Monroe get funded the same as Notre Dame.. Nope.. My opinion is that both the BCS and PCS have a problem with schools that were not previously ranked and making it up the list. Boise St. and San Diego are in the same spot in both divisions. Granted scheduling may have done them both in but as we have seen this year perenial strong conferences and teams should be the only ones at the top.

GOTOREROS
November 14th, 2006, 07:19 PM

If I want to see a great stadium with great fans, and a great program in Montana - we'll go to Missoula and Washington-Griz my friend......

If I want to see Cowboys and a rodeo I will go to Bozeman....:D