PDA

View Full Version : FRISCO Championship Game: Home vs. Away

KPSUL
November 26th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Any of you Frisco veterans know if it is possible to determine anything now that the bracket has been released about who will be the home and away team at the Championship game?

MTfan4life
November 26th, 2014, 02:05 PM
Any of you Frisco veterans know if it is possible to determine anything now that the bracket has been released about who will be the home and away team at the Championship game?

I assume that the team with the better seed is the home team. If neither team is seeded then I'm sure they have some process, but it could just be random draw.

The official championship manual just says the NCAA decides:
http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/PreChamp_D1_Football_2014-15_Revised2.pdf

At the championship game, the home team will be determined by the NCAA.

Catsfan90
November 26th, 2014, 02:19 PM
What benefits do you get for being the home/ away team other than calling the toss?

TheEagleSHSU
November 26th, 2014, 02:21 PM
I thought it was done on a coin flip. 2011 SHSU was away, 2012 we were home. Maybe ncaa just closes eyes and points.

melloware13
November 26th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Between 2010 and 2012, the higher seed was the away team. Last year broke that trend though

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2014, 02:35 PM
They flip a coin at the beginning of the playoffs to determine whether the team from the bottom or top half (or right or left half depending on how you look at it) of the bracket will be the home team in Frisco. This should be done already but I haven't heard anything about what the results were.

The home team has their team sideline and ticket allotment on the west side (pressbox side) of the stadium and the away team has their team sideline and ticket allotment on the east side.

Bisonoline
November 26th, 2014, 02:36 PM
The home and away teams are determined by a coin flip after the quarter finals. But the results arent released until after the semis.

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2014, 02:42 PM
The home and away teams are determined by a coin flip after the quarter finals. But the results arent released until after the semis.
Ah, I thought it was done earlier than that but you're probably right. I know last year Dom Izzo tweeted it out (https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/414095613018374145) before the UNH/NDSU semi had even started that the winner would be the home team in Frisco but it may not have been intentionally released by the NCAA that early (they do run such a tight ship ;)).

Sycamore62
November 26th, 2014, 03:54 PM
I don't remember kickoff time but one team might be looking into the sun from the sidelines? Could be an inconvenience

MR. CHICKEN
November 26th, 2014, 03:57 PM
What benefits do you get for being the home/ away team other than calling the toss?

20173....UNIFORMS.......DARKS/LIGHTS.......xnodx......BRAWK!

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2014, 04:01 PM

20173....UNIFORMS.......DARKS/LIGHTS.......xnodx......BRAWK!
Also better tailgating area that's closer to where the team arrives, where the NCAA Tailgate Town, and businesses with bathrooms since they have a tendency to underestimate the number or port-a-johns that are necessary for a crowd that tailgates in force.

Although us Bison fans have kinda just take over tailgating on both sides of the stadium the last couple years :D

KPSUL
November 26th, 2014, 07:41 PM
Thanks for all the info. ONE MORE question: Anyone know if all the tickets have already been available for sale, or do the make a block of tickets available to the school Atheletic departments once the finalists are identified?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 26th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Thanks for all the info. ONE MORE question: Anyone know if all the tickets have already been available for sale, or do the make a block of tickets available to the school Atheletic departments once the finalists are identified?

Each school gets an allotment. Latest I heard it was 3k. They distribute them as they see fit. Last year, Towson just threw them up on their website and let anyone buy them, me included.

They sold 3 year packs for $99. A LOT of Bison fans bought those. They probably still have some single seats available. $35 and $45 endzone/sideline respectively.

IBleedYellow
November 26th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Also, the team ticket allotments are between the 35s or so. All prime tickets.

NDSU fans that bought the three year packages have from the 25-35 roughly.

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

Bisonoline
November 26th, 2014, 08:04 PM

They did put some up for sale awhile ago. But you can never tell with the NCAA ticket people. Last year a NCAA ticket manager had told me certain tickets were sold out. 3 week later those same tickets were put up on their website for sale.
The first year I bought my tickets direct from the stadium. So who know what BS the NCAA will pull this year.

KPSUL
November 27th, 2014, 06:47 PM
They did put some up for sale awhile ago. But you can never tell with the NCAA ticket people. Last year a NCAA ticket manager had told me certain tickets were sold out. 3 week later those same tickets were put up on their website for sale.
The first year I bought my tickets direct from the stadium. So who know what BS the NCAA will pull this year.

Again, thanks for the info. I've got relatives 10 miles from Frisco. I'm out here for the holiday and drove by the stadium today just to check it out. I plan to go whichever teams make it but I think I'll wait until the finalist are known. In the event UNH makes it, sounds like I could get better seats through our ticket office.

344Johnson
November 27th, 2014, 10:11 PM
We have the three year pack. Speaking of which, might have 4 available this year regardless of who makes it.

WWII
November 28th, 2014, 12:08 PM
I've been to the game twice. Delaware EWU, and Towson NDSU. Both teams were represented well in the first one, but it was a sea of green aand gold last year. That was impressive. My wife and I were rooting for Towson, being a CAA team, but were on the NDSU side. They have one great bunch of fans. I bought our tickets on game day outside the gate at face value. It was the nicest weather of that week. I can't make it down there this year.