PDA

View Full Version : APPALACHIAN FOOTBALL PLAYOFF TICKETS!!

appmountaineermaniac
November 13th, 2006, 10:29 AM
get them quickly im sure they will sell out good seats soon they went on sale this morning at 9 am im thinking the homecoming record of attendance will be broken hopefully go get another one Mountaineers! ASU GO 4 TWO!!!!

Appstate29
November 13th, 2006, 10:34 AM
I doubt any records will be broken during the playoffs, attendence-wise at least ;)

SuperJon
November 13th, 2006, 10:37 AM
I'll be at at least one playoff game up there. I just have to decide when.

appmountaineermaniac
November 13th, 2006, 01:49 PM
why dont you think any records will be broken? I hope as many people as possible come to all the games. Im tired of hearing my fellow students say the first game is during Thanksgiving Break. Thats a given. But all students will be returning on Sunday anyways so why not just come cheer on our awesome football team to a victory!!!! Go Mountaineers!!!!

psc2445
November 13th, 2006, 01:56 PM
why dont you think any records will be broken? I hope as many people as possible come to all the games. Im tired of hearing my fellow students say the first game is during Thanksgiving Break. Thats a given. But all students will be returning on Sunday anyways so why not just come cheer on our awesome football team to a victory!!!! Go Mountaineers!!!!

i dont like that fact, but it wont be to crowded. i do expect us to break our playoff attendance record(not sure what that is) but we should approach 20k, atleast i hope we do. several factors should help us do that
1. defending nat'l champs
2. we know we will be hosting a home game(still have almost 2 weeks to plan for trip)
3. season success and current home winning streak
4. potential for a good regional matchup with coastal(we want to see them whipped again, and they should travel pretty well):twocents:

BeauFoster
November 13th, 2006, 02:09 PM
I was checking Ticket Return a few minutes ago and sections 2-A and 5-A are already looking pretty sparse. I know that season ticket holders seats are reserved until 11/20 but you have to assume that most of those will be purchased before then. I do think that the number of people through the gates and not the number of tickets sold will be used in the final tally.

rb45070
November 13th, 2006, 02:10 PM
app, while i agree with you, ill be the first to say that our students are cheap. Playoff games are not free like the regular season and a lot of kids don't wanna pay, simple as that.

YOsef
November 13th, 2006, 02:20 PM
A lot of Students will pay, they don't want to miss out on playoff games if they missed last year. There is a bigger buzz around campus this year

AppGuy04
November 13th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Are they still $20 like the regular season?

ASU Kep
November 13th, 2006, 03:43 PM
I'm a student, I'll be there. $5 is nothing, even to a broke college student. I mean, come on.

I'd be happy if we broke 15k for the first round, though. I expect after that attendance will be better (should we survive :nod:).

Wasn't the first round like 7,000 last year?

ASU Kep
November 13th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Are they still $20 like the regular season?

Yah, $20. $5 for students and kids under 5. :D

asu70
November 13th, 2006, 03:47 PM
get them quickly im sure they will sell out good seats soon they went on sale this morning at 9 am im thinking the homecoming record of attendance will be broken hopefully go get another one Mountaineers! ASU GO 4 TWO!!!!
You sure need to spread the word to your fellow students big time if we're to have a big crowd in the first round.

SuperJon
November 13th, 2006, 04:26 PM

Does that include students from other schools or just App?

ASU Kep
November 13th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Just App, sorry.

ASU Kep
November 13th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Actually, it says students up to high school and then App students...so if you look 18, I'd at least try.

SuperJon
November 13th, 2006, 05:03 PM
People thought I was older than 18 when I was 14. Not happening. Maybe I can get one of my friends up there to buy me a ticket for $5. I live two hours from App, next Saturday sounds like a good time to come up for a game.

ASU Kep
November 13th, 2006, 05:07 PM
People thought I was older than 18 when I was 14. Not happening. Maybe I can get one of my friends up there to buy me a ticket for $5. I live two hours from App, next Saturday sounds like a good time to come up for a game.

We'd love to have ya. Who will you be rooting for though, us or Coastal? :p

SirApp
November 13th, 2006, 05:16 PM
It is a possibilty that students can buy some other discount tickets, just like we do in the reg. season. Haven't seen anything against it.

SuperJon
November 13th, 2006, 05:17 PM
I'm not at Coastal anymore, haven't been since last Christmas.

If I come to App and they're playing anyone but LU I'm wearing black and yellow.

BigApp
November 13th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Student tickets are $5 now??

ASU Kep
November 13th, 2006, 05:26 PM
For playoff games they are, yah. We gotta pay the NCAA.

BigApp
November 13th, 2006, 05:36 PM
they used to be $15, no discounts. consider yo'sef lucky

Go Apps
November 14th, 2006, 05:59 AM
Although ASU has everything to play for - multiple reasons keep the attendance much lower than one would hope. Thanksgiving weekend has been very bad for all the schools during the playoffs - students have off for the break and in the case of Boone weather becomes a factor - just remember the playoff game against Furman last year is not even on our top 10 - hopefully we can fill it up - but not likely - look for 15k for first game

boonedocks
November 14th, 2006, 06:08 AM
I would be suprised if we drew 15k for the 1st round. I know last year's 1st rounder was very low i think 6-7k IIRC. I hope your right, but I'm afraid 15K is wishful thinking. I know i will be there though!

asu7
November 14th, 2006, 08:07 AM
me the fiance and some other people will be there ... we were there last year though ... I was a student at this time last year as well but I only live 1 hour and 10 minutes from APP :)

appmountaineermaniac
November 14th, 2006, 09:41 AM
All i know is im coming back on saturday from winston salem to watch the game and i encourage everyone to bring all the people they can lets go for 2 asu!

appfan2008
November 14th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Unfortunately with the game being on Thanksgiving weekend we would be lucky to see 10,000 for the first game. Look at last year to see why we will have so few. But once we win that I hope to see 20,000 for the next 2.

SoCon48
November 14th, 2006, 05:17 PM

NOBODY but NOBODY breaks attendance records for the opening round on Thanksgiving week end.

SoCon48
November 14th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Does that include students from other schools or just App?

Playoff tickets cost $20 for adults and $5 for youth (ages 3 through high school) and Appalachian students

ASU Kep
November 14th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Personally, I've never had as much fun at an ASU game outside of Chattanooga then the SIU and Furman games. Sure, the crowd is a bit smaller, but HARDCORE!

AppGuy04
November 14th, 2006, 05:23 PM

Age or IQ?

SoCon48
November 14th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Although ASU has everything to play for - multiple reasons keep the attendance much lower than one would hope. Thanksgiving weekend has been very bad for all the schools during the playoffs - students have off for the break and in the case of Boone weather becomes a factor - just remember the playoff game against Furman last year is not even on our top 10 - hopefully we can fill it up - but not likely - look for 15k for first game

Last year:

1st round: 6,327
2nd round: 11,108
semis: 20,236

ASU Kep
November 14th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Age or IQ?

Age. We wouldn't wanna let any Western alums get in for free!

BUT it's actually age 3 - high school, I was wrong about the five thing, anyways. :o