PDA

View Full Version : UNC Greensboro football?

MplsBison
November 13th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Greensboro is a fairly large, doctoral research university located in the 2nd largest metro area in NC (behind Charlotte and barely ahead of R-D-CH). Wake Forest U is next door in Winston.

They don't have as many graduate students as UNC, NC State, or ECU, but they're roughly the same size as UNC Charlotte.

Any chance they could get a football team going and join the SoCon conference?

OL FU
November 13th, 2006, 09:12 AM
Greensboro is a fairly large, doctoral research university located in the 2nd largest metro area in NC (behind Charlotte and barely ahead of R-D-CH). Wake Forest U is next door in Winston.

They don't have as many graduate students as UNC, NC State, or ECU, but they're roughly the same size as UNC Charlotte.

Any chance they could get a football team going and join the SoCon conference?

They are in the SoCon.

I have heard nothing about them having any interest in Football.

BeauFoster
November 13th, 2006, 09:14 AM
They normally have a pretty good soccer team. I know a few alums from there who have said that it won't happen. I couldn't tell you if they know what they are talking about though.

AppGuy04
November 13th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Yes, they are already a member of the SoCon as a basketball program. Haven't even heard a peep about football. Elon is 10 mins one way, Wake Forest, 20 minutes the other. Would be very difficult to build a program.

gophoenix
November 13th, 2006, 09:47 AM
No chance for UNCG with Elon, WSSU, Wake Forest and A&T in the same Metro too.

UNCG is almost 70% female and that creates some _real_ Title IX concerns.

psc2445
November 13th, 2006, 10:13 AM

damn i went the wrong school:nod:

TxSt02
November 13th, 2006, 10:23 AM

70% female??? im there (.)(.)

DinoDex200
November 13th, 2006, 10:28 AM
damn i went the wrong school:nod:

Well, alot of folks will tell you that many of the females who attend UNCG aren't the kind that are interested in men.
:nono:

AppGuy04
November 13th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Well, alot of folks will tell you that many of the females who attend UNCG aren't the kind that are interested in men.

DING DING DING GUTTER TELL HIM WHAT HE'S WON

SuperJon
November 13th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Then again, a lot of the guys that go to UNCG aren't the type that are interested in girls.

MplsBison
November 13th, 2006, 12:21 PM

UNC, Duke, and NCSU are in the same metro area as NC Central but NCC is moving up to DI.

With WS and A&T being HBCUs and Wake and Elon being privates, I would think the people of WS-G-HP would support their large public school.

Didn't know that.

Interesting.

Not that it couldn't be overcome, but it would be hard.

Dabnus Brickey
November 13th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Could you imagine the football players in that school?

SoCon48
November 13th, 2006, 01:14 PM

I did grad work there, and I can tell you for certain, there's a ton of babes there who definitely are interested in men. Some of the classiest, hottest babes anywhere go to G. Why? Now that part I don't understand.

Mr. C
November 13th, 2006, 01:21 PM
UNCG is a commuter school that would have NO interest in football. With a bunch of ACC and I-AA schools around, I don't see how they could be successful. The Spartans draw flies for basketball and play in a high school quality facility. This would be one of the last schools to start football.

SuperJon
November 13th, 2006, 04:27 PM
I did grad work there, and I can tell you for certain, there's a ton of babes there who definitely are interested in men. Some of the classiest, hottest babes anywhere go to G. Why? Now that part I don't understand.

They know that they don't have to worry about half of the guys hitting on them.

MplsBison
November 13th, 2006, 04:29 PM
UNCG is a commuter school that would have NO interest in football. With a bunch of ACC and I-AA schools around, I don't see how they could be successful. The Spartans draw flies for basketball and play in a high school quality facility. This would be one of the last schools to start football.

No one who is a fan of another I-AA team in NC should be allowed to post in this thread.

It's pretty obvious how threatened you are by another NC program starting and taking away recruits from you.

OL FU
November 13th, 2006, 04:30 PM
No one who is a fan of another I-AA team in NC should be allowed to post in this thread.

It's pretty obvious how threatened you are by another NC program starting and taking away recruits from you.

You make joke, noxlolx :rolleyes:

BigApp
November 13th, 2006, 04:31 PM

and a large portion of the men that do are!:)

MplsBison
November 13th, 2006, 04:33 PM
I can't wait until Charlotte and Greensboro start I-AA programs.

2 large public schools that shouldn't have a problem fielding competitive teams.

lizrdgizrd
November 13th, 2006, 04:43 PM

2 large public schools that shouldn't have a problem fielding competitive teams.

No problem fielding competitive teams except for recruiting talented players. Most good players around here want to go to an ACC or SoCon school. Although, I know at least one freshman that would have gone to Elon if they'd had a scholarship to offer him. But he went to PC instead. Might be able to siphon off some out of state losses to UNCG or more likely UNCC.

SuperJon
November 13th, 2006, 04:43 PM
I highly doubt either one will happen within the next ten years.

BigApp
November 13th, 2006, 04:44 PM

It'll be a close race to whom fields a team first. Charlotte, Greensboro or Western Dakota Technical Institute.

gophoenix
November 13th, 2006, 04:58 PM
You know what's funny. North Dakota State is the only DI team for the entire state of North Dakota and you're going to talk about anyone in North Carolina being threatened? None of us are, but do you know what recruiting is like when there are 9 I-AA schools in your state and 5 I-A schools? Then add to that the 2 I-A and 7 I-AA programs in SC then the 2 I-A and 8 I-AA schools in VA.

It's not about being threatened or UNCG not drawing flies to games. It is about it not being feasible for that school. UNCG is a very arts oriented school and a commuter school on top of that.

A&T is a big local school and being an HBCU has nothing to do with anything. Greensboro people pull for A&T, an ACC school, App, Elon, ECU or Western typically. Winston-Salem people typically pull for Wake Forest, another ACC school, ECU or App. High Point is all ACC land.

But then again, rumor has it that High Point will have a team joining Campbell and Davidson in the Pioneer which will be announced soon.

SuperJon
November 13th, 2006, 05:04 PM
UNCG is also a very large teacher school. It's the #1 education program in the state now (recently overtook App for that honor).

SoCon48
November 15th, 2006, 10:34 AM
UNCG is also a very large teacher school. It's the #1 education program in the state now (recently overtook App for that honor).

I'd like to see that info before i believe it. Within 10 years, it is projected that 1 out of every 5 teachers in NC will have an ASU degree.

gophoenix
November 15th, 2006, 10:42 AM
it is projected that 1 out of every 5 teachers in NC will have an ASU degree.

Not to fight, but just you graduate with a teaching degree doesn't mean you have to teach in NC. App is big on NC teaching fellows, UNCG (and Elon) are too for that matter; but UNCG sends many of their teaching grads out of state based on their stats online.

pantherclaw
November 15th, 2006, 10:43 AM
HEHEHE, that's the way it is with iowa, UNI being the kick-butt teacher school. Hmmmm maybe we could do like a teacher share thing. Then we'd show you apps. Payback, yes finally payback. okay im done. Ill be good.

THREAD HIJACK

BeauFoster
November 15th, 2006, 12:23 PM
HEHEHE, that's the way it is with iowa, UNI being the kick-butt teacher school. Hmmmm maybe we could do like a teacher share thing. Then we'd show you apps. Payback, yes finally payback. okay im done. Ill be good.

THREAD HIJACK

You guys couldn't hold onto them in the fourth quart...er I mean their fourth year of school. xlolx

In all seriousness, UNCC would have a better shot at putting a team on the field than UNCG. Charlotte could probably get some support from the city populous for a team but, IMO, they would not be able to field a competitive team in their current Bowl Champ Sub conference for many years. I don't know what CUSA's rules say about playing in another conference or if it would be possible to do so.

WUTNDITWAA
November 15th, 2006, 12:48 PM
You guys couldn't hold onto them in the fourth quart...er I mean their fourth year of school. xlolx

In all seriousness, UNCC would have a better shot at putting a team on the field than UNCG. Charlotte could probably get some support from the city populous for a team but, IMO, they would not be able to field a competitive team in their current Bowl Champ Sub conference for many years. I don't know what CUSA's rules say about playing in another conference or if it would be possible to do so.

UNC Charlotte is in the A-10 for all sports. I don't see either school ever adding football. I have no proof, and not a lot of basis, but given its isolated location, the next NC school that might add *scolarship* football IMO is UNC Wilmington.

BeauFoster
November 15th, 2006, 12:52 PM
UNC Charlotte is in the A-10 for all sports. I don't see either school ever adding football. I have no proof, and not a lot of basis, but given its isolated location, the next NC school that might add *scolarship* football IMO is UNC Wilmington.

You are right about that. Why did I think that they play in CUSA for basketball? Did they used to?

BlackSaturday
November 15th, 2006, 02:29 PM
As far as the WS portion of the metro, Appalachian recieves great coverage from the WSJ.

gophoenix
November 15th, 2006, 02:30 PM
I think it's pretty sad that UNC-Pembroke can start a full scholarship D-II team, but UNCW, UNCG, UNCA and UNCC can't.

MarkCCU
November 15th, 2006, 02:34 PM
what conference?

MarkCCU
November 15th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Then again, a lot of the guys that go to UNCG aren't the type that are interested in girls.

that's a shame:smiley_wi

pantherclaw
November 15th, 2006, 03:11 PM

HAHAHAHA. :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: xlolx xlolx Touche Touche.

CCUBeachChicken
November 15th, 2006, 03:11 PM

Definately UNCW. It was all over the news in the Wilmington area a while back about school officials talking about adding football at the I-AA level.

BigApp
November 15th, 2006, 03:23 PM
can't, or don't want to?

AppAttack
November 15th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Back in the day when I was in the process of choosing a school, the saying about UNCG was, "where the girls are girls and so are the guys.":eyebrow:

SuperJon
November 15th, 2006, 04:27 PM
that's a shame:smiley_wi

I have a friend with a very scary story from UNCG.

SuperJon
November 15th, 2006, 04:28 PM
I'd like to see that info before i believe it. Within 10 years, it is projected that 1 out of every 5 teachers in NC will have an ASU degree.

It may not be that way now, but in 04 UNCG was the #1 education school. I was a Teacher Cadet and we went to UNCG to tour their school of education and they said at the time that had just been given that honor.

SoCon48
November 15th, 2006, 06:17 PM
By somebody I guess.
The Reich School of Education at ASU would be hard to top. Of course a school of ed and teacher training are two diff things.

SoCon48
November 15th, 2006, 06:21 PM
As far as the WS portion of the metro, Appalachian recieves great coverage from the WSJ.

Really good coverage. With a daily "notes" section and a top writer assigned to every game (Tommy Bowman).

SoCon48
November 15th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Not to fight, but just you graduate with a teaching degree doesn't mean you have to teach in NC. App is big on NC teaching fellows, UNCG (and Elon) are too for that matter; but UNCG sends many of their teaching grads out of state based on their stats online.

Based on the number of recruiters coming to ASU's placement office as well as the number of out of state students, I'd say ASU's is definitely at least in proportion for out of state placement to the schools you mentioned.

SoCon48
November 15th, 2006, 06:27 PM

Iran will put a man on the moon first.

Appguy
November 15th, 2006, 06:57 PM

Gboro is definalty NOT bigger than the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area

MplsBison
November 15th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Gboro is definalty NOT bigger than the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area

http://www.census.gov/population/cen2000/phc-t3/tab01.pdf

Charlotte--Gastonia--Rock Hill, NC--SC MSA 1,499,293

Greensboro--Winston-Salem--High Point, NC MSA 1,251,509

Raleigh--Durham--Chapel Hill, NC MSA 1,187,941

Now, they say that G-WS-HP is the following counties:

Alamance County
Davidson County
Davie County
Forsyth County
Guilford County
Randolph County
Stokes County
Yadkin County

You may disagree with that, but that's how it's officially defined.

ASU_Chad
November 15th, 2006, 09:58 PM
ASU maybe starting to lose some of its shine from our college of ed, but our business school more than makes up for it. We have one of the best business schools in the state. Undergrad MBA's make for better tailgating than undergrad Ed majors. (This from an Ed Alum)

SoCon48
November 15th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Well yeah. Teachers lose their jobs for getting arrested for public drunkeness.

SuperJon
November 15th, 2006, 10:38 PM
http://www.census.gov/population/cen2000/phc-t3/tab01.pdf

Now, they say that G-WS-HP is the following counties:

Alamance County
Davidson County
Davie County
Forsyth County
Guilford County
Randolph County
Stokes County
Yadkin County

You may disagree with that, but that's how it's officially defined.

Adding in Stokes and all of Yadkin is pretty dumb (not saying you're dumb, just that adding the entire county is). People in the western part of Yadkin and the northern part of Stokes really aren't that close to Winston/Greensboro.

Most people in Winston hate having to go to Greensboro. They'd support Wake before they'd go to UNCG for a game. Most people would go to Boone before they'd go to UNCG for a game.

Appguy
November 15th, 2006, 11:04 PM
Winson Salem is basically as close to appalachian as it is UNCG
interesting numbers though

SuperJon
November 15th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Winston's 2 hours from App and 20 minutes from UNCG. Most people in Winston just don't like Greensboro though.

blur2005
November 15th, 2006, 11:53 PM
The idea of UNC-Wilmington fielding a I-AA team has drawn my interest to this thread. With the CAA taking over the A-10 and the impending situation with Old Dominion joining up, adding UNCW would be great once the conference splits up, as it likely will.

Mr. C
November 16th, 2006, 12:11 AM

First of all, newby, I am not a fan of ANY I-AA team. I cover I-AA football and in particular cover a I-AA team in the town where I live. That doesn't make me a fan. One of the newspapers I frequently free-lance for is the Greensboro News & Record, so I know a bit about the goings on down there. I have also written about UNCG since before they moved from the Big South to the SoCon. I'll post on whatever topic I can add some insight on.

Why would I be threatened, or give a rip about what the Spartans do? I have no vested interest in UNCG. But like I said, Football ISN'T going to happen at UNCG. PERIOD.

No team in North Carolina would be the least bit concerned with losing recruits to UNCG. It is a commuter school with ZERO interest in football. It is a school that excels in stuff like women's sports, baseball and men's soccer.

SO what is your great interest in UNCG? I have noticed you posting similar threads to this for other conferences in the past. If you don't know your subject matter (as you obviously don't here), it's better to ask legitimate questions and keep strong, off-base opinions to yourself.

MplsBison, hopefully you learn some better AGS manners. You are quickly becoming like a handful of other posters who have reputations for doing little more than stirring up trouble. Please try to refrain from troll-like activities.

Appguy
November 16th, 2006, 12:56 AM
Winston's 2 hours from App

uhhh I drive it at least once a month...its definetly like 80 miles away maybe less

Mr. C
November 16th, 2006, 01:13 AM
Winston-Salem is an EASY hour and a half drive from Boone, especially now that Highway 421 is four lanes the whole way and 65 MPH.

MountaineerDrive
November 16th, 2006, 02:05 AM

No one with thinly veiled App envy should be able to post either. I don't think you'll find there is much Mr. C is out of the loop on concerning I-AA football in this region, it's funny how writers tend to know a lot about their subjects...I find it odd you know the counties of North Carolina so well if you are a NDSU fan. Methinks you are either a North Carolina to North Dakota transplant (unlikely), a Dakotan with WAY to much time on his hands (possible), or a disgruntled fan of some other local school (do I hear a Cantamount?) bandwagoning/hiding behind the NDSU badge because the defending champs can't possibly beat them this year. That way you can keep taking pot shots even after the playoffs, whether App wins or loses. (BTW none of that was meant to offend REAL NDSU fans, or WCU fans for that matter), just making observations about this genius.

MountaineerDrive
November 16th, 2006, 02:17 AM
I think it is the next logical step for the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux to make the move up to I-A football. Anybody agree?

chattanoogamocs
November 16th, 2006, 03:53 AM
from 1891-1962 UNCG was a women's college...might explain why it still to this day has such a high ratio of women to men.

great taunt at basketball games...

wo-men's col-lege...clap, clap...clap, clap

(no gonorrhea jokes, please)

gophoenix
November 16th, 2006, 06:15 AM
Charlotte--Gastonia--Rock Hill, NC--SC MSA 1,499,293

Greensboro--Winston-Salem--High Point, NC MSA 1,251,509

Raleigh--Durham--Chapel Hill, NC MSA 1,187,941

You know that is 7 year old data now, right?

Greensboro-High Point-Winston Salem - 1,490,866
Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill-Cary - 1,509,960
Charlotte-Gastonia-Rock Hill-Salisbury - 2,120,745

This is the CSA data for 2005, the latest and greatest on the census website. The difference between population RDU and GSO is minimal. GSO was bigger than RDU before they yanked Alamance and Patrick counties out of the CSA and RDU gained a few more counties.

The Metro for GSO and RDU and right on par with Salt Lake City, Orlando, Nashville, Milwaukee, Louisville, Indianapolis and Columbus and bigger than areas like Dayton, Hartford, Oklahoma City, Buffalo and Tulsa.

The idea of UNC-Wilmington fielding a I-AA team has drawn my interest to this thread. With the CAA taking over the A-10 and the impending situation with Old Dominion joining up, adding UNCW would be great once the conference splits up, as it likely will.

Their fan site seems to indicate that the only way football flies at UNCW is to get in a conference with closer competition to save some of the money. That's why there was the big SoCon/UNCW thing going around last spring.

Winson Salem is basically as close to appalachian as it is UNCG interesting numbers though

That is so not true. UNCG is twenty minutes from the heart of Winston-Salem. The border of Forsyth County is a little over an hour from Boone. 18 miles from UNCG to Old Salem. 86 miles from App to Old Salem.

SoCon48
November 16th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Winston's 2 hours from App and 20 minutes from UNCG. Most people in Winston just don't like Greensboro though.

2 hours? Need to get rid of that 3 cylinder Yugo.

OL FU
November 16th, 2006, 09:35 AM
First of all, newby, I am not a fan of ANY I-AA team. I cover I-AA football and in particular cover a I-AA team in the town where I live. That doesn't make me a fan. One of the newspapers I frequently free-lance for is the Greensboro News & Record, so I know a bit about the goings on down there. I have also written about UNCG since before they moved from the Big South to the SoCon. I'll post on whatever topic I can add some insight on.

Why would I be threatened, or give a rip about what the Spartans do? I have no vested interest in UNCG. But like I said, Football ISN'T going to happen at UNCG. PERIOD.

No team in North Carolina would be the least bit concerned with losing recruits to UNCG. It is a commuter school with ZERO interest in football. It is a school that excels in stuff like women's sports, baseball and men's soccer.

SO what is your great interest in UNCG? I have noticed you posting similar threads to this for other conferences in the past. If you don't know your subject matter (as you obviously don't here), it's better to ask legitimate questions and keep strong, off-base opinions to yourself.

MplsBison, hopefully you learn some better AGS manners. You are quickly becoming like a handful of other posters who have reputations for doing little more than stirring up trouble. Please try to refrain from troll-like activities.

That's right. He can't have my job:smiley_wi

Realizing that posters can have an interest in whatever they want to have an interest in, I was surprised that Greensboro hit the radar screen. I also think it is fair to say that most North Carolinians that have an interest in I-AA football know that UNC-G isn't playing.

appfan2008
November 16th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Id like to see them try but it wont work.
If I had to guess there are more DIA and DIAA football teams per capita in North Carolina than in any other state.
Any body want to check that for me?
They would have some trouble recruiting and starting a program in that environment.

gr8ness97
November 16th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Yea, i dont see UNCG getting football in this century either....just isnt gonna happen...WSSU would prob go 1-A before that happens

MplsBison
November 16th, 2006, 10:47 AM
uhhh I drive it at least once a month...its definetly like 80 miles away maybe less

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/5310/wstbnwh5.png

Again, that's their opinion.

gr8ness97
November 16th, 2006, 10:50 AM
as someone who lives just outside winston, id rather go to app than to greensboro too...just my preference i guess

MplsBison
November 16th, 2006, 10:53 AM
You know that is 7 year old data now, right?

Greensboro-High Point-Winston Salem - 1,490,866
Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill-Cary - 1,509,960
Charlotte-Gastonia-Rock Hill-Salisbury - 2,120,745

This is the CSA data for 2005, the latest and greatest on the census website.

I only put stock in the 10 year data.

But usually the intermediate stuff isn't that far off.

We'll see what happens in 2010 but I wouldn't be suprised if RDCH is the 2nd biggest in the state.

Mr. C
November 16th, 2006, 11:05 AM
That's right. He can't have my job:smiley_wi

Realizing that posters can have an interest in whatever they want to have an interest in, I was surprised that Greensboro hit the radar screen. I also think it is fair to say that most North Carolinians that have an interest in I-AA football know that UNC-G isn't playing.
Considering I'm the one that had to tell you what a troll even was.
:D :D :D xlolx xlolx xlolx :cool: :cool: :cool: :D :D :D
:smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi

Mr. C
November 16th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Again, that's their opinion.
The times on these Map Quest thing are NEVER accurate. The speed limit on the highway from Boone to Winston-Salem for the most part is 65 MPH, which means you get there comfortably in an hour and a half max.

SuperJon
November 16th, 2006, 11:15 AM
2 hours? Need to get rid of that 3 cylinder Yugo.

I forgot 421 was 4 lane the entire way. My bad.

BigApp
November 16th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Poplar St is downtown W-S. You're two time zones away, how would you know how far Winston is to Boone? Ever driven it? It's right at 80 miles, give or take a few tenths.

tralfangar
November 16th, 2006, 04:13 PM
It's an hour and fifteen to the outskirts of Winston from Boone going 70 mph, we've all done it before. It's 25-30 min from Greensboro to Winston, we've all done that before.

Mr. C is dead on about UNC-G and the prospects of football. Commuter school is the key negative. It won't happen in at least 20 years. Let it go MplsBison.

The Cats
November 16th, 2006, 04:37 PM
No one with thinly veiled App envy should be able to post either. I don't think you'll find there is much Mr. C is out of the loop on concerning I-AA football in this region, it's funny how writers tend to know a lot about their subjects...I find it odd you know the counties of North Carolina so well if you are a NDSU fan. Methinks you are either a North Carolina to North Dakota transplant (unlikely), a Dakotan with WAY to much time on his hands (possible), or a disgruntled fan of some other local school (do I hear a Cantamount?) bandwagoning/hiding behind the NDSU badge because the defending champs can't possibly beat them this year. That way you can keep taking pot shots even after the playoffs, whether App wins or loses. (BTW none of that was meant to offend REAL NDSU fans, or WCU fans for that matter), just making observations about this genius.

Hey, don't hang this guy on the Cats, no way he is one of ours.

HiHiYikas
November 16th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Are you saying that 70% of the students are women, or that all the students are 70% female?

MplsBison
November 16th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Poplar St is downtown W-S.

I typed in "Winston Salem NC", as you can see from the screen shot. The computer simply picked the middle of WS.

You're two time zones away,

ND is in the Central time zone, which is next to the Eastern time zone.

how would you know how far Winston is to Boone?

The internet.

Ever driven it?

No.

MplsBison
November 16th, 2006, 10:01 PM
It won't happen in at least 20 years. Let it go MplsBison.

Translation: anything that could hurt ASU in any way should be banned from the state of NC. I don't care if it would give more in state kids an opportunity to play football at the DI level.

Mountaineer
November 17th, 2006, 12:53 AM
Translation: anything that could hurt ASU in any way should be banned from the state of NC. I don't care if it would give more in state kids an opportunity to play football at the DI level.

If that was the case I'd much rather take football away from Wake Forest, NC State, UNC and Du..eh, who am I kidding..Duke could stay. :D ;)

I would actually really enjoy seeing Charlotte and UNC-G field football teams (the more the merrier). However, as has been explained (and you've ignored), both of these schools are "commuter" schools.

There is interest in Charlotte about starting a team, but I've yet to hear anything on the subject from G or even UNC-W. All three schools are big on basketball, and G is pretty damn good at soccer as well.

So yeah..as tralfanger said..it could happen, but it's not going to happen for quite some time.

youwouldno
November 17th, 2006, 12:57 AM
MplsBison is a troll. I'm a little unsure why he is allowed to continue posting here. He picks dumb arguments for the sake of ticking people off... ralph, do us a favor and can him.

SuperJon
November 17th, 2006, 02:35 AM
UNCG starting football would not hurt App. It'd be another conference game that they could sleepwalk through. UNCG will not get football though. They have way too many females and female-types to support a team.

Appstate29
November 17th, 2006, 06:11 AM
MLPS I don't know exactly where you are getting at. I really don't think anyone from the App Nation is scared of losing recruits to UNCG, football just does not fit there. I don't think you've ever been to UNCG, or seen the attitude or atmosphere towards football, but most of us (these same ones that drive from Boone to W-S quite frequently) know that UNCG doesn't have much of a chance of starting up football. So please, you can speculate all you want, but don't get surprised when you get called out by a bunch of people in the know and in the area.

gophoenix
November 17th, 2006, 07:48 AM
I could see UNCG with a non-scholarship team like Campbell starter or like High Point supposed to announce at any time (or maybe they changed their minds)

Eaglegus2
November 17th, 2006, 08:59 AM
C.mon everyone.............even this Georgia Southern boy has a little love for North Carolina. Well, maybe I have a lot of love for Charlotte.

I use to drive every Thursday for almost 4 years to Charlotte and return home in Georgia on Mondays. I appreciate those :D North Carolinians.:nod:

Dabnus Brickey
November 17th, 2006, 08:59 AM
I see UNCC doing it first.

arranger101
November 18th, 2006, 11:54 PM

Yeah it's hard to believe that Greensboro has 2 female colleges, well pretty much....UNCG and Bennett College. The city needs a team since our rival AYANTEE isn't anything!:D

SoCon48
November 19th, 2006, 02:43 AM
I forgot 421 was 4 lane the entire way. My bad.

Shouldn't take 2 hrs if it was dirt.:eyebrow:

SuperJon
November 19th, 2006, 03:19 AM
I've sat in traffic on the two lane 421 for a LONG time before. Just going from personal experience.