PDA

View Full Version : Nothing could be finer...

SoCon48
November 13th, 2006, 06:12 AM
Than to be at Western Carolina in a drenching rain. Not!
Seems like WCU has a knack this season in moving games into sukky weather conditions.
Case in point, the opening game moved to a Thursday night drowned the few fans who chose to stay and Saturday's game would pretty much been concluded before the rains came had it stayed at the original time.
Hell, even my wallets were soaked.

BeauFoster
November 13th, 2006, 06:50 AM
How many wallets do you own?

Seriously, I don't know that I have been more miserable at a football game in my life. I can't believe my cell phone still works.

CSUBUCDAD
November 13th, 2006, 07:09 AM
I am a football fan first, but there is NO team that I will sit in the rain to watch, not even my beloved Dallas Cowboys.

james_lawfirm
November 13th, 2006, 07:21 AM
I am a football fan first, but there is NO team that I will sit in the rain to watch, not even my beloved Dallas Cowboys.

CSUBUCDAD, I sat through the entire Western/ASU game. It was not too bad, but in the first half it was raining sideways!! And I was glad to get back in the car after the game. The football looked to be slicker than a peeled potato. Most all of the Western fans left midway through the first half, prompting the Western radio personalities to complain that their fans should never leave an ASU/Western game. Course, myself, I don't blame them. Their team had not played well all season, and it really was cold and wet. IMHO, if it had been good weather (at least not pouring the rain), ASU would have doubled the score.

Having said that, I would say that I hope that Western can turn its act around soon (like next season would be good.) It's tough to have an arch-rival that you beat EVERY TIME!!! xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

crunifan
November 13th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Do I even need to say it? xlolx

SoCon48
November 13th, 2006, 01:19 PM

Who the heck is that guy? Looks like a Montana Mountain man.

SoCon48
November 13th, 2006, 01:27 PM
How many wallets do you own?

Seriously, I don't know that I have been more miserable at a football game in my life. I can't believe my cell phone still works.

1. Wallets? Two. Divide up the cards and ID's. Hurts my back if I sit on 1 thick one and puts my leg to sleep driving. Just one of the foibles of growing old, I guess.
2. Cell phone. Mine was fogged over the whole game. I believe the only reason it works is that I stayed on it almost the whole game giving my son, who was trapped at a company function in Gatlinburg, updates.
3. Miserable at football game? I was disappointed but not that miserable. Wanted to see some offense. My rain gear held up for a quarter and a half. Shoes..now that's another story. Water squished out when we walked. A decade or two of coaching high school had many more miserable episodes.
Besides, the hot babe standing close to us in the high dollar, high fashion rain suit kept me warm inside.

rb45070
November 13th, 2006, 02:19 PM

Mine doesn't lol. I knew there was a reason I got insurance on that thing.

Most all of the Western fans left midway through the first half, prompting the Western radio personalities to complain that their fans should never leave an ASU/Western game

Anyone else think that we had more App fans endure the weather then Westerns?

SirApp
November 13th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Anyone else think that we had more App fans endure the weather then Westerns?

We did. But I know I wasn't leaving because I drove 3 hours to the game and paid $20 for a ticket. Plus, I never leave a game early. Lots people said our fans were still pretty loud even in the 4th...

BeauFoster
November 13th, 2006, 04:19 PM
I think a lot of the ASU fans stayed because they drove such a long way to get there. I know I wasn't leaving after riding 3 1/2 hours one way. Plus, the game was very entertaining and the outcome was not decided until after the half (IMO). WCU is a pretty good place to watch a game and there were some great hits layed out.

james_lawfirm
November 13th, 2006, 05:18 PM
We did. But I know I wasn't leaving because I drove 3 hours to the game and paid $20 for a ticket. Plus, I never leave a game early. Lots people said our fans were still pretty loud even in the 4th...

SirApp, we NEVER leave a game early. Never, Never, Never. :nono: :nono: :nono: No matter the weather, no matter the score, no matter where. Otherwise, we might have missed ... THE PLAY (aka Miracle on the Mountain)!!! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

In fact, I asked my 2 sons (ages 11 & 13) at halftime of the Western game if they really would not rather just listen to the rest of the game in the car where it was somewhat warmer and drier. They acted like I'd just asked a really stupid question. :eek: :eek: We stayed.

SirApp
November 13th, 2006, 05:21 PM
In fact, I asked my 2 sons (ages 11 & 13) at halftime of the Western game if they really would not rather just listen to the rest of the game in the car where it was somewhat warmer and drier. They acted like I'd just asked a really stupid question. :eek: :eek: We stayed.

Raised 'em right :smiley_wi

The Cats
November 13th, 2006, 05:22 PM
I think a lot of the ASU fans stayed because they drove such a long way to get there. I know I wasn't leaving after riding 3 1/2 hours one way. Plus, the game was very entertaining and the outcome was not decided until after the half (IMO). WCU is a pretty good place to watch a game and there were some great hits layed out.

I'd like to hear what you guys thought of Western's facilities? anything you were impressed with? tailgating atmosphere, etc.

BigApp
November 13th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Do I even need to say it? xlolx

what, about him being a Dallas Cowboy fan? By far the DUMBEST fanbase in all of sports.

james_lawfirm
November 13th, 2006, 05:33 PM
I'd like to hear what you guys thought of Western's facilities? anything you were impressed with? tailgating atmosphere, etc.

Nice stadium. The App tailgate area beside the baseball field was a great place to tailgate. My boys REALLY liked the goalposts that some homeowner built WAAYYYY across the valley up on a mountain but which can be seen from the stands. Nice touch.

BeauFoster
November 13th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Nice stadium. The App tailgate area beside the baseball field was a great place to tailgate. My boys REALLY liked the goalposts that some homeowner built WAAYYYY across the valley up on a mountain but which can be seen from the stands. Nice touch.

Not completely sure about this info, but I heard that was the KA house and those were the posts from '04. Could be bunk, though. As for the facilities, other that the few minor hiccups (having to walk to 3 corners of the stadium before I could find my will-call ticket) I thought it was a really nice place. We sat in the "real" seats on the GA side and those were very roomy and comfortable. The view of the impending storm flowing over the mountains was beautiful for about 2 minutes and the tailgating was excellent. I didn't have too many run ins with WCU fans and those that had anything to say before the game were so drunk that they couldn't make a point with a nail and hammer. Other than the rain storm, I would say that I enjoyed myself a good deal. Of course, the final score really helped warm me up inside.:nod:

SoCon48
November 15th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Not completely sure about this info, but I heard that was the KA house and those were the posts from '04. Could be bunk, though. As for the facilities, other that the few minor hiccups (having to walk to 3 corners of the stadium before I could find my will-call ticket) I thought it was a really nice place. We sat in the "real" seats on the GA side and those were very roomy and comfortable. The view of the impending storm flowing over the mountains was beautiful for about 2 minutes and the tailgating was excellent. I didn't have too many run ins with WCU fans and those that had anything to say before the game were so drunk that they couldn't make a point with a nail and hammer. Other than the rain storm, I would say that I enjoyed myself a good deal. Of course, the final score really helped warm me up inside.:nod:

Not completely sure about this info, but I heard that was the KA house and those were the posts from '04. Could be bunk, though.

I would feel completly honored if the golaposts were enshrined in such a manner with a narrow 3 pt victory over an ASU team in such a down Mountaineer year.

SoCon48
November 15th, 2006, 10:32 AM

I agree. Plus the downpour was so sudden and thorough. Where would we go? Once you're soaked, you can't get any wetter and who wants to sit in the car soaked listening to the game.