PDA

View Full Version : Terry Allen???

Mr. C
November 23rd, 2014, 10:36 AM
Just got a press release that the Missouri State AD is holding a 3 p.m. press conference. You would have to think Terry Allen is out as head coach. Ironic his last game was against Northern Iowa, where he had so much success.

rokamortis
November 23rd, 2014, 10:37 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?165224-Terry-Allen-OUT-at-MO-State

FargoBison
November 23rd, 2014, 10:38 AM
Just got a press release that the Missouri State AD is holding a 3 p.m. press conference. You would have to think Terry Allen is out as head coach. Ironic his last game was against Northern Iowa, where he had so much success.

NDSU was also his second to last game, he was the finalist and likely pick for the NDSU job when Bohl was hired. He turned NDSU down to go to MSU.

Mr. C
November 23rd, 2014, 02:28 PM
NDSU was also his second to last game, he was the finalist and likely pick for the NDSU job when Bohl was hired. He turned NDSU down to go to MSU.
Wonder how things could have been different both for NDSU and Allen, had he come to Fargo? One of those Sliders Parallel Universe things.

JayJ79
November 23rd, 2014, 03:48 PM
http://www.missouristatebears.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112314aaa.html

Aeacos
November 23rd, 2014, 05:06 PM
How long until he is UNI's offensive coordinator.

clenz
November 23rd, 2014, 05:14 PM
From the msu article that struck me...

His 37 victories ranks fifth in Missouri State history, and his nine-year coaching stint matches the program's third-longest.

Wow.

Basically he was told "we have no money and can't commit to winning so thanks for helping get us the new stadium renovation but see ya"

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

NoDak 4 Ever
November 23rd, 2014, 05:14 PM
How long until he is UNI's offensive coordinator.

I floated the idea of making an Associate Head Coach job and bringing him in at NDSU.

clenz
November 23rd, 2014, 05:25 PM
I floated the idea of making an Associate Head Coach job and bringing him in at NDSU.
He sounded like he has no intention of coaching next season.

If he does it is uni or no one

NoDak 4 Ever
November 23rd, 2014, 05:33 PM
He sounded like he has no intention of coaching next season.

If he does it is uni or no one

Probably no one. He told the News-Leader that he's staying in the area.

centennial
November 23rd, 2014, 06:38 PM
He coached at Kansas, and now Missouri State, if he saved money he should be good for the rest of his life. Otherwise, lots of FCS, D2 programs pay 100k for OC/HC.

Sycamore62
November 23rd, 2014, 10:24 PM
57 seems young to give it up. He said he's done being a head coach. I wonder what he is thinking? Ast coach? They are getting paid Boy Band money anymore

clenz
November 23rd, 2014, 10:30 PM
57 seems young to give it up. He said he's done being a head coach. I wonder what he is thinking? Ast coach? They are getting paid Boy Band money anymore

No...he said he's done coaching.

Sycamore62
November 23rd, 2014, 10:55 PM
No...he said he's done coaching.

Wow. I guess kansas and MSU could probably do that to anyone though

igo4uni
November 24th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Terry Allen will always have a soft spot in my heart. He brought UNI to a level that no one else was able to do. Beating Iowa State was not a given before T.A. showed us the way.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 24th, 2014, 10:10 PM
From the msu article that struck me...

His 37 victories ranks fifth in Missouri State history, and his nine-year coaching stint matches the program's third-longest.

Wow.

Basically he was told "we have no money and can't commit to winning so thanks for helping get us the new stadium renovation but see ya"

When we interviewed him early in the season I just remember how pleased he was with the new atmosphere and how he seemed very happy and content with his place there at MSU. Seemed like a real nice feller.

UNIFanSince1983
November 24th, 2014, 10:17 PM
When we interviewed him early in the season I just remember how pleased he was with the new atmosphere and how he seemed very happy and content with his place there at MSU. Seemed like a real nice feller.

I was in 4th grade and broke my femur. He was the coach at UNI at the time, and he came up with a couple of players so visit me in the hospital. They signed my cast, and he gave me the team game tape from the game the week before.

He was a great guy for sure!

Twentysix
November 25th, 2014, 12:54 AM
I was in 4th grade and broke my femur. He was the coach at UNI at the time, and he came up with a couple of players so visit me in the hospital. They signed my cast, and he gave me the team game tape from the game the week before.

He was a great guy for sure!

Maybe he will parlay that into a post-coaching business opportunity.

Terry Allen's Get Well Soon Football-O-Grams

citdog
November 25th, 2014, 03:12 AM
Terry Allen will always have a soft spot in my heart. He brought UNI to a level that no one else was able to do. Beating Iowa State was not a given before T.A. showed us the way.

Holy **** an igo4uni sighting !

clenz
November 25th, 2014, 07:07 AM
Here is TA's presser from after the UNI game

<span style="font-size: 12.7272720336914px;">
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X99M_X9abzg

TA is an eternal optimist that will pretty much always see the bright side.

Things were "good" early in the season. Nice renovated stadium opening that he was a MAJOR factor in getting done, winning a couple games, etc... The fact of the matter is he was taken advantage of at MSU and not given the full resources to succeed.

As you can see from what I pulled out of that initial article he's one of the best coaches in MSU history (and UNI history). He was never supported by the fans or administration and was set up for failure his final 3 years. The never offered him an extension and made it clear early he wasn't getting one and let him be a multi-year lame duck. How was he supposed to recruit when he, and everyone else, knew he was gone after this season? He spent the last 3 or 4 years there knowing he wasn't wanted.

If TA never coaches again I hope he enjoys his time in the Ozarks (See the video above).

He'll get multiple calls this year for coaching jobs (from multiple levels) from HC to OC. TA is wildly loved in Cedar Falls (and it's easy to see why) and 99% of UNI fans would love to see him back on the east sideline of the UNIDome. He won't be OC, as I don't see Salmon going anywhere (sadly). However, TA there as assistant OC/Offensive quality control/position coach would be amazing.

It was said in another thread, but if TA never coaches again the real loser in it isn't the school he leaves, or the school he turns down. It's the kids and community for not getting the chance to work with someone like TA.