PDA

View Full Version : Nicholls State has a new head coach

bonarae
November 21st, 2014, 11:15 PM
Tim Rebowe is the new head man, but I'm not sure when he'll take over. He spent 11 years previously as an assistant at FBS Louisiana (formerly -Lafayette).

Hope he'll turn the program around like Fobbs has done at Grambling...

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=780323

lionsrking2
November 21st, 2014, 11:32 PM
Tim Rebowe is the new head man, but I'm not sure when he'll take over. He spent 11 years previously as an assistant at FBS Louisiana (formerly -Lafayette).

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=780323

Timmy is a great guy and very good football coach. IMO, he's a perfect fit for Nicholls and will do a good job there. He's from the area, has coached there before, and has deep ties with all the high school coaches. He'll get them headed in the right direction.

Hood
November 22nd, 2014, 09:42 PM
There's the usual optimism around the region, as is normal with a new hire. Hopefully we can make some noise in our body bag games and decimate whichever D2 comes to town next year. That said he can't make chicken salad with chicken poop. This year upcoming could mimic 2014 in record but on field hopefully these kids show some HEART!

Oldschool Colonel
November 22nd, 2014, 10:30 PM
there is alot more talent at Nicholls then most think! The loss of Stubbs 3 games in was a huge blow.
If we can get some of our boosters back, next year can be a decent year.
Figero at QB and Henry at TB gives us 2 1000 yrd rushers in the backfield. To bad neither are local! That seems to be the only thing anyone cares about!

MR. CHICKEN
November 22nd, 2014, 10:33 PM
20122......CAREER ENDER...TIMMY........YOU'LL END UP........MASCOT COACH......D-III.....SHUDDAH HELD OUT FO'.....KEELER'S SLOT...WHEN HE TAKES [email protected] COUPLE SEASONS........BRAWK!

PS.......YA'LL CAN MAKE CHICKEN SALAD........OUTTAH CHICKEN O' DUH SEA...OR...EAT MO'...BRISKET.....DOODLE-DOO!

catamount man
November 23rd, 2014, 05:40 AM
He's better off leaving ULL considering the beatdown App gave them yesterday. Say what you will but the two former SoCon schools are taking over the Sun Belt it looks like. Good luck to Nicholls. Still remember their fans coming to Cullowhee back in 2004. Good folks. GO CATS!

Oldschool Colonel
November 23rd, 2014, 09:52 PM
He's better off leaving ULL considering the beatdown App gave them yesterday. Say what you will but the two former SoCon schools are taking over the Sun Belt it looks like. Good luck to Nicholls. Still remember their fans coming to Cullowhee back in 2004. Good folks. GO CATS!

How bad is the Sun Belt!!

NY Crusader 2010
November 23rd, 2014, 10:28 PM
How bad is the Sun Belt!!

Bad enough to invite Idaho...

TheRevSFA
November 24th, 2014, 06:43 AM

Please refer to them by their real name of the university of Louisiana Lafayette

McNeese75
November 24th, 2014, 08:30 AM
there is alot more talent at Nicholls then most think! The loss of Stubbs 3 games in was a huge blow.
If we can get some of our boosters back, next year can be a decent year.
Figero at QB and Henry at TB gives us 2 1000 yrd rushers in the backfield. To bad neither are local! That seems to be the only thing anyone cares about!

I never did understand why Figaro was kept on the sideline all year.

Oldschool Colonel
November 26th, 2014, 03:06 PM
I never did understand why Figaro was kept on the sideline all year.

The plan was to keep Figaro healthy through the body bag games. When Stubbs resigned they threw in the towel on the season.

McNeese75
November 26th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Well at least you still have him

Hood
November 27th, 2014, 09:23 PM
there is alot more talent at Nicholls then most think!You are right and shame on my for letting my pessimism cloud my posting. I stand by my "heart" statement, however.

All the best, Oldschool Colonel.