PDA

View Full Version : SEC VS FCS WEEKEND

BigSouthFan
November 21st, 2014, 11:32 AM
Well boys, we got a slate full of SEC teams that chose this weekend for their "easy" win on the schedule. Out of the 4 match-ups, which FCS squad has the best chance to "Shock the World" so to speak? Which will be the worst? Surprises?

Eastern Kentucky @ Florida

Charleston Southern @ Georgia

Western Carolina @ Alabama

Samford @ Auburn

BisonFan02
November 21st, 2014, 11:54 AM
South Alabama is in the Sunbelt....but the original point still stands.

BigSouthFan
November 21st, 2014, 12:06 PM
South Alabama is in the Sunbelt....but the original point still stands.

My mistake, lol. Editing.

melloware13
November 21st, 2014, 12:08 PM
I'd say EKU has the best odds, while WCU has the worst (mainly due to the SEC opponent).

Catamount87
November 21st, 2014, 12:38 PM
We definitely have the worst odds of the 4. EKU probably has the best odds by far. Any bets on the average margin of victory?

BisonFan02
November 21st, 2014, 12:49 PM
We definitely have the worst odds of the 4. EKU probably has the best odds by far. Any bets on the average margin of victory?

LARGE for teams vying for "playoff" consideration/seeding.

catamount man
November 21st, 2014, 01:29 PM
I'm just perturbed at how arrogant Herbstreit will continue to bemoan these "cupcakes". Hate Herbstreit.

longtimemocfan
November 21st, 2014, 02:16 PM

Yes,definitely agree that EKU and Florida most likely being the closest.... Think WCU and Alabama will be the worst just because Saben will make sure he covers the spread and style points. Ga. Southern can attest to that when they played a few years back and Saben passed for a late touchdown and the game well in hand.

Catamount87
November 21st, 2014, 02:18 PM
I'm just perturbed at how arrogant Herbstreit will continue to bemoan these "cupcakes". Hate Herbstreit.

What do you expect, he played at ohio state and everyone knows that ohio state is the center of the college football universe.

penguinpower
November 22nd, 2014, 05:47 AM

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Someone needs to start a website. He is such a piece of crap and a sell out.

penguinpower
November 22nd, 2014, 05:49 AM
What do you expect, he played at ohio state and everyone knows that ohio state is the center of the college football universe.

Ohio State Gans hate him. Is was thtown out a.deal denied access to the locker room. He also had a poor record again Michigan. Most fans hate him.

blueballs
November 22nd, 2014, 08:01 AM
Don't worry about what some blowhard at E$PN thinks... none of that matters, just go out and play. IIRC an $EC team got their butts kicked by a SoCon team that hung 450+ rushing yards on them a year ago this weekend

Grizzlies82
November 22nd, 2014, 01:49 PM
Well boys, we got a slate full of SEC teams that chose this weekend for their "easy" win on the schedule. Out of the 4 match-ups, which FCS squad has the best chance to "Shock the World" so to speak? Which will be the worst? Surprises?

Eastern Kentucky @ Florida
Charleston Southern @ Georgia
Western Carolina @ Alabama
Samford @ Auburn

I'm going with E. Kentucky, Charleston Southern, and Samford. Sorry Western Carolina.

Smitty
November 22nd, 2014, 03:11 PM
So WCU just became the first team to score on their opening drive against alabama.

centennial
November 22nd, 2014, 03:29 PM
So WCU just became the first team to score on their opening drive against alabama.
What channel?

ekufbfan
November 22nd, 2014, 05:31 PM
Well EKU lost, no surprise here. There were some blown chances to score, coaches put team in some bad situations. On side kicks, going for it on 4/2 when we should have kicked field goal, etc. 3rd string QB played most of 2nd half (why?) along with the rest of the second and third string. UF never took their foot off the gas even against our subs, but hey, that's what you get in a game such as this.

kfkolonel
November 22nd, 2014, 07:20 PM
Well EKU lost, no surprise here. There were some blown chances to score, coaches put team in some bad situations. On side kicks, going for it on 4/2 when we should have kicked field goal, etc. 3rd string QB played most of 2nd half (why?) along with the rest of the second and third string. UF never took their foot off the gas even against our subs, but hey, that's what you get in a game such as this.

That fake field goal was on 4/11, so I agree even more. I suspect that that fake was called on the field.

The 3rd string QB decision was obviously to protect #1 & 2. Note that the #1 runner, Mobley, played only a half after getting 300+ all purpose yards last week. EKU is obviously looking to next week.

catamount man
November 22nd, 2014, 08:38 PM
ESPN already calling it "an easy win" in the highlights. Yes, in the second half I will say that. Eh, screw it. FCS teams and fans are fighting a losing battle.

SU DOG
November 22nd, 2014, 09:42 PM
Well Samford saw Auburn's first string leave with 6 minutes to go in the game. 31-7, but I am very proud of our effort.

catamount man
November 23rd, 2014, 05:43 AM
Well Samford saw Auburn's first string leave with 6 minutes to go in the game. 31-7, but I am very proud of our effort. I think for the most part both Samford and WCU played good in the state of Alabama today. I can get that ESPN doesn't want to cover FCS but their outright HATRED towards FCS is inexcusable. Seriously. Seems like ever since App beat Michigan in '07 ESPN has had a hard-on against all things FCS. Oh well. GO CATS!