PDA

View Full Version : So I wrote this book on the Lehigh/Lafayette Rivalry...

Lehigh Football Nation
November 19th, 2014, 05:09 PM
It's available on Kindle for purchase now:

http://www.amazon.com/Rivalry-Schools-Started-College-Football-ebook/dp/B00PR1FSYU/ref=sr_1_3?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1416281976&sr=1-3&keywords=The+Rivalry

And very soon it will be available in print version on Amazon.

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2014, 05:44 PM
I'd do a roll my eyes emoticon if I were not on mobile...

heath
November 19th, 2014, 05:50 PM
It's available on Kindle for purchase now:

http://www.amazon.com/Rivalry-Schools-Started-College-Football-ebook/dp/B00PR1FSYU/ref=sr_1_3?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1416281976&sr=1-3&keywords=The+Rivalry

And very soon it will be available in print version on Amazon.
Anything for a buck,Chuck? Thought there were already books out about the rivalry. Guess yours is just so much better because its got the LFN trademarkxlolx

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2014, 05:53 PM
HA! I did not hijack his username.

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2014, 05:57 PM
To be honest the D&D book is OK. It is mainly a compilation of tidbits and trivia. It's not a narrative taking a historical look at things. The D&D book is great because it captures the little nuggets, but it does not view the Game within the larger lense of football, society, the schools etc. Also it costs alot relative for what it is.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 19th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Anything for a buck,Chuck? Thought there were already books out about the rivalry. Guess yours is just so much better because its got the LFN trademarkxlolx

Last I heard it was not against the law to write a book on on a subject because there's another book out on the same subject.

heath
November 19th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Enthusiasm about a subject or team does not equal accuracy and knowledge. You have desire to get noticed,with a lack of quality information,which I guess does=media. If my tag was LFN, I'd make every game and get to know what I was writing/blogging about. Keep doing what you do Chuckxrolleyesx

Pard4Life
November 19th, 2014, 09:23 PM
So, um, LFN, why the history of the Lehigh Valley? Is there a hard copy? I don't Kindle...

BucBisonAtLarge
November 19th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Good luck, Chuck

Lehigh Football Nation
November 19th, 2014, 11:14 PM
You have desire to get noticed

It's pretty hard to take that crack seriously from someone sporting an avatar like yours.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 19th, 2014, 11:17 PM
So, um, LFN, why the history of the Lehigh Valley? Is there a hard copy? I don't Kindle...

Re: the LV history, I thought it interesting and pertinent as to how/why there's that much rivalry between the two schools. I think the rivalry between the areas existed and predated the schools.

I hope to have the print copy sometime out this week, finishing the final proofs.

Wallace
November 20th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Re: the LV history, I thought it interesting and pertinent as to how/why there's that much rivalry between the two schools. I think the rivalry between the areas existed and predated the schools.
I hope to have the print copy sometime out this week, finishing the final proofs.
Will you be offering signed copies? I will definitely go for one!

Pards Rule
November 20th, 2014, 11:02 AM

Chuck, I'm old school so you can count me as an initial purchaser of the print copy. You can PM me with info. For a LU fan, he's not a bad guy. Maybe he can interview me for the 2nd edition :)...After all, I'm attending my 35th on Saturday!

Pards Rule
November 20th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Will you be offering signed copies? I will definitely go for one!

I'll only want a signed copy if it also has "Go Pards" above his sig!! xlolx

Fordham
November 20th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Congrats LFN!

DFW HOYA
November 20th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Hope all goes well for promotion in advance of the game.

The Boogie Down
November 21st, 2014, 12:00 PM
Congrats LFN!
Hear-hear. Wish everyone knew the endless research that goes into non-fiction. Best of luck, LFN! Hope Da Boogie Down treats both teams right as well.