PDA

View Full Version : Hottest Playoff Bound Teams likely playing 1st Round Games

KPSUL
November 19th, 2014, 10:37 AM
UNI with 4 straight wins, two huge victories over Ill. State and NDSU. as well as James Madison with six straight wins, including Richmond and W&M, are two teams clearly on a roll as we head to the playoffs. Comments on these two teams as well an any others you think may send seeded teams home during the playoffs.

FargoBison
November 19th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Could probably add SDSU to this list, with Sumner back at QB they have been very really good.

RabidRabbit
November 19th, 2014, 10:43 AM
SDSU has their full contingency of stars on offense, and all four are clicking better than ever. Offensive line is good, and defense has improved. They'd match up well with virtually any team played.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Perhaps JMU and SDSU....

Sacred Heart is a wildcard imo......

BisonFan02
November 19th, 2014, 10:46 AM
SDSU, JMU, and UNI pending how the committee views the Panthers.

Mattymc727
November 19th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Chatty too

Sammy94
November 19th, 2014, 10:50 AM
SHSU is firing on all cylinders.

UNIFanSince1983
November 19th, 2014, 11:10 AM
I am a little biased, but UNI seems to be rolling. If we beat MoState Saturday that will be 5 in a row including wins over NDSU and ISUr who no one else to this point in the season has beat.

Sycamore62
November 19th, 2014, 11:11 AM
SDSU and UNI unless some crap happens saturday. I think ISUb if they win will have 4 of 5 wins and a 4 game streak early on. I think they are a sleeper with some potential if they get the right type of team in their draw.

Sycamore62
November 19th, 2014, 11:27 AM
I am a little biased, but UNI seems to be rolling. If we beat MoState Saturday that will be 5 in a row including wins over NDSU and ISUr who no one else to this point in the season has beat.

Your facts aren't biased. No outcome would surprise me right now. No one should want to play UNI.

BisonFan02
November 19th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Your facts aren't biased. No outcome would surprise me right now. No one should want to play UNI.

I do....later rounds in the Fargodome so we can rush the field. :D xlolx

Thumper 76
November 19th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Maybe I'm being a homer but watching SDSU rolling like they are on offense with all their weapons finally back, puts them as a team along with UNI that you do not want to see come playoff time.

Sycamore62
November 19th, 2014, 12:02 PM

It would definitely be an interesting matchup. I hope it happens so I can watch that on my phone while im watching ISU ISU again LOL

JMUNJ08
November 19th, 2014, 12:24 PM
I think you have to look @ JMU and UNI. Both had no business being in the playoff discussion just 3-4 weeks ago outside of 'win out and hope'. Now, after doing just that and beating some of the better teams in each respective conference (and country in UNI's case), they look like different teams. Both are doing it at home and on the road so any team that draws them should be ready for a battle.

jmufan999
November 19th, 2014, 12:29 PM
JMU is not only playing extremely well on offense, the defense is much improved over the last 3 weeks. the 2nd half is where we have been at our best (and that includes offense... our conditioning program was extraordinarily grueling and is paying off late in games). we have three different players who have been named CAA Player of the Week in DE Harold, CB Reynolds, and CB Moreland.

over the last three weeks, our defense has given up 7, 0, and 0 points in the second half. 7 points total in the past three weeks (one score was a blocked punt for a TD against W&M [and arguably the best punt blocker in the nation] which is obviously not on the defense).

i'm not saying the JMU defense is amazing, because it's not. but we don't really have to be. just be good enough. if we can hold teams to 24 or fewer points, we're going to win a lot of games.

KPSUL
November 19th, 2014, 12:40 PM
JMU is not only playing extremely well on offense, the defense is much improved over the last 3 weeks. the 2nd half is where we have been at our best (and that includes offense... our conditioning program was extraordinarily grueling and is paying off late in games). we have three different players who have been named CAA Player of the Week in DE Harold, CB Reynolds, and CB Moreland.

over the last three weeks, our defense has given up 7, 0, and 0 points in the second half. 7 points total in the past three weeks (one score was a blocked punt for a TD against W&M [and arguably the best punt blocker in the nation] which is obviously not on the defense).

i'm not saying the JMU defense is amazing, because it's not. but we don't really have to be. just be good enough. if we can hold teams to 24 or fewer points, we're going to win a lot of games.

JMU's season is shaping up like UNH 2013. They'll be entering the playoffs on a long winning streak and are playing at the level of the seeded teams. Tough opponent for anyone.

smilo
November 19th, 2014, 12:46 PM
I'm not looking forward to JMU coming to Villanova Stadium to get a 2nd crack at us. If they could get matched up elsewhere, that'd be great. Anything you can do to help committee

FargoBison
November 19th, 2014, 12:49 PM
I'm not looking forward to JMU coming to Villanova Stadium to get a 2nd crack at us. If they could get matched up elsewhere, that'd be great. Anything you can fo to help committe

Well to me, NCAT at JMU is a very realistic first round game with the winner going to CCU.

clenz
November 19th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Rush the field during the payoffs and watch what happens....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
November 19th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Rush the field during the payoffs and watch what happens....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Fines?....or the same "punishment" NDSU has faced the last 3 years in Frisco?

FargoBison
November 19th, 2014, 01:03 PM

I'm thinking more a long the line of the tazzing you will get from the Dome Nazis.

Sycamore62
November 19th, 2014, 01:23 PM
I'm thinking more a long the line of the tazzing you will get from the Dome Nazis.

It'd be worth the 5 seconds of pain wouldn't it?

WestCoastAggie
November 19th, 2014, 01:34 PM
A&T hasn't lost a game since the game with SC State: 5-0.

Daytripper
November 19th, 2014, 02:16 PM

Shhhhhhh....

clenz
November 19th, 2014, 02:21 PM
No.

They take away your right to host playoff games the following season.

thebootfitter
November 19th, 2014, 02:45 PM
No.

They take away your right to host playoff games the following season.
Seriously? Has this happened before?

FWIW -- I can't see the Bison fans rushing the field for anything outside of a championship game.

Bison56
November 19th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Rushing the field for anything other than a championship just shows how small time your program is.
xpopcornx

clenz
November 19th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Seriously? Has this happened before?

FWIW -- I can't see the Bison fans rushing the field for anything outside of a championship game.
I don't know if it's happened before but I do know it's something that multiple schools have warned their fan bases about during semi-final games.

heath
November 19th, 2014, 05:52 PM
JMU.......beware of the dog

Panther-State
November 19th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Rushing the field for anything other than a championship just shows how small time your program is.
xpopcornx

I too enjoy popcorn...how neat. :)

centennial
November 19th, 2014, 07:37 PM
I want another shot at them... so do the players. Bring it.

Sycamore62
November 19th, 2014, 08:16 PM
I want another shot at them... so do the players. Bring it.

thread title? I figured you would rather have home field advantage

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 20th, 2014, 02:16 AM
The interesting thing for JMU is recent history with potential playoff matchups:

Liberty - why does JMU play on the road AGAIN next year at Liberty? 3 of 4 games in a series on the road? This is school that many JMU fans strongly dislike for reasons unknown to me (religious issues much?)
YSU - 2006 4th quarter meltdown at the Ice Castle in Round 1 on National TV was a tough loss that no Dukes' fans have forgotten.
CCU - Knocked JMU off their perch in 2005 to kick off the season. Mascots hate each other - good sideline entertainment!
EKU - literally stole the home game from JMU in its new stadium's inaugural season. We won the game, but JMU's incompentent bid and the financial support from the OVC just embarrassed the hell out of the university (and its alumni have not forgiven the AD for that one!)

From the fans' perspective - give us NCA&T - talk about two great bands stealing the show! Bring it to Harrisonburg!

WestCoastAggie
November 20th, 2014, 08:12 AM
The interesting thing for JMU is recent history with potential playoff matchups:

Liberty - why does JMU play on the road AGAIN next year at Liberty? 3 of 4 games in a series on the road? This is school that many JMU fans strongly dislike for reasons unknown to me (religious issues much?)
YSU - 2006 4th quarter meltdown at the Ice Castle in Round 1 on National TV was a tough loss that no Dukes' fans have forgotten.
CCU - Knocked JMU off their perch in 2005 to kick off the season. Mascots hate each other - good sideline entertainment!
EKU - literally stole the home game from JMU in its new stadium's inaugural season. We won the game, but JMU's incompentent bid and the financial support from the OVC just embarrassed the hell out of the university (and its alumni have not forgiven the AD for that one!)

From the fans' perspective - give us NCA&T - talk about two great bands stealing the show! Bring it to Harrisonburg!

The Dukes will most likely play the Flames or Fordham. The Aggies are mostl likely heading to W&M or Rich town.

CasualFan
November 20th, 2014, 08:30 AM

Strangely, I don't remember the mascot fight or the band from that game, instead I remember this: http://youtu.be/-B85po3KBdY

Thanks for bringing back some good memories! Although if I remember correctly, boy did your guys get some revenge the next year...

Bisonoline
November 20th, 2014, 08:07 PM
I don't know if it's happened before but I do know it's something that multiple schools have warned their fan bases about during semi-final games.

NDSU was also warned about the rules in their first playoff appearances. Neutral announcers, no noise makers, no "another Bison first down" etc etc etc. So what happens when we play away??? There fans and announcers did everything they weren't supposed to do. EWU broke every freaking rule and the refs did nothing.

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2014, 08:49 PM
Sammy

dewey
November 20th, 2014, 09:13 PM

I would agree with SHSU as they have won their last 4 and 5 of the last 6. You could see that they had a LOT of talent in that EWU game way back in August but they needed to out it together. Then they lost to a D2 team and a lot of people including me kind of wrote them off. However it appears as though they are rolling right now.

UNI is another team that is playing some dang good football right now.

Dewey

BisonFan02
November 20th, 2014, 10:04 PM
NDSU was also warned about the rules in their first playoff appearances. Neutral announcers, no noise makers, no "another Bison first down" etc etc etc. So what happens when we play away??? There fans and announcers did everything they weren't supposed to do. EWU broke every freaking rule and the refs did nothing.

and now.....so do the Bison and the Fargodome! :D

rokamortis
November 21st, 2014, 03:23 AM
Strangely, I don't remember the mascot fight or the band from that game, instead I remember this: http://youtu.be/-B85po3KBdY

Thanks for bringing back some good memories! Although if I remember correctly, boy did your guys get some revenge the next year...

The mascot fight was on our return game at JMU. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQY3xH6FNNY