PDA

View Full Version : Did Cal Poly Lose or Were They Beaten?

No_Skill
November 11th, 2006, 10:04 PM
It has been suggested that one reason Cal Poly lost to NDSU by such a large margin, is that their tank was on empty after playing Montana last week. What do you think (especially those who have seen either team play), was Cal Poly flat or did the Bison flatten them (not intended as smack, Ralph :smiley_wi)?

P.S. I was at the game and my vote is for the latter (yeah, I'm a homer so sue me :rotateh: ).

Tod
November 11th, 2006, 10:07 PM
I have no idea, and why does it matter? One NDSU fan said they are looking forward to seeing Minnesota beat Iowa next weekend, to prove that NDSU is better than Montana. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

With that kind of logic, it doesn't matter. The final score says it all, regardless.

FUtilitspurple
November 11th, 2006, 10:08 PM
I don't think you can attribute a 51-14 loss to coming out flat. I'd say they were most likely beaten.

Peems
November 11th, 2006, 10:08 PM
it seems to me the way the game started everything was in cal poly's favor, but that fumble just destroyed everything and from there it was all NDSU. so i say both, cal poly lost(the fumble and momentum) and then NDSU took over and beat them.

No_Skill
November 11th, 2006, 10:10 PM
I have no idea, and why does it matter. One NDSU fan said they are looking forward to seeing Minnesota beat Iowa next weekend, to prove that NDSU is better than Montana. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

With that kind of logic, it doesn't matter. The final score says it all, regardless.

I know how easy it can be to fall into the trap of comparative scores. Let's keep that to the smack boards.

Now back to the question...

Stang Fever
November 11th, 2006, 10:52 PM
I would say it was neither one.

JUST GOT OUR ASSES KICKED by a better team

UNH 40
November 11th, 2006, 10:55 PM
I think that NDSU is probably the best team in the nation and it is really to bad that they are not elijable to play in the playoffs.

BisonBacker
November 11th, 2006, 10:56 PM
Was at the game and would agree with Stang Fever on his assmesment.
The only bad part about it was Cal-Poly was the GWFC only shot at a playoff team and with this loss that is all but dead. That is a shame.

AZGrizFan
November 11th, 2006, 11:26 PM
I think that NDSU is probably the best team in the nation and it is really to bad that they are not elijable to play in the playoffs.

I concur. I just hope they can maintain this level of play until they ARE eligible.

blackfordpu
November 11th, 2006, 11:29 PM
It has been suggested that one reason Cal Poly lost to NDSU by such a large margin, is that their tank was on empty after playing Montana last week. What do you think (especially those who have seen either team play), was Cal Poly flat or did the Bison flatten them (not intended as smack, Ralph :smiley_wi)?

P.S. I was at the game and my vote is for the latter (yeah, I'm a homer so sue me :rotateh: ).

Doesn't matter, they lost, end of story.

umassfan
November 11th, 2006, 11:33 PM
So besides a really bad I-A ball state team, this is their first decent win. Coming into this game... Call Poly was overrated. This week just proves it even more.

Bison05
November 11th, 2006, 11:35 PM
So besides a really bad I-A ball state team, this is their first decent win. Coming into this game... Call Poly was overrated. This week just proves it even more.

Not to start this whole argument again, but a really bad Ball State team - they lost to Michigan by 8, is Michigan a bad football team?

umassfan
November 11th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Not to start this whole argument again, but a really bad Ball State team - they lost to Michigan by 8, is Michigan a bad football team?
Michigan has not been the same team without their top WR and you know that.

Bison05
November 11th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Michigan has not been the same team without their top WR and you know that.

Not even worth arguing with you, Ive said my piece and i'll leave it at that.:nod:

umassfan
November 11th, 2006, 11:41 PM
Not even worth arguing with you, Ive said my piece and i'll leave it at that.:nod:

What about their losses to Indiana, Purdue, Northern Ill, Central Mich, Western Mich.... not some world class talent there. They are still 3-7 no matter how much you sugar coat their 8 pt loss to Michigan. Hell Michigan was their Super Bowl.

bombDiggiD
November 11th, 2006, 11:47 PM

"First descent win."

Nice.

They are undefeated in D1-AA and play in arguably the best conference. They have beaten how many ranked teams, including a D1A team.

I think the rest of D1AA is overated myself. NDSU's 51-14 a$$ Whoopin' over CP, who only lost by the #3 ranked team by 1 point on the road proves that.

The sad thing is, NDSU is doing this with D2 recruits. I feel sorry for the rest of D1-AA in years to come.

grizbeer
November 11th, 2006, 11:48 PM
NDSU kicked their ass today, everything else is irrelevant. I hope UMAS takes as much irrelevance as uassfan always has into the layoffs, but NDSU is good.

umassfan
November 11th, 2006, 11:58 PM
The sad thing is, NDSU is doing this with D2 recruits. I feel sorry for the rest of D1-AA in years to come.
Why because once you start getting I-AA recruits the rest of I-AA is in trouble? xcoffeex

bombDiggiD
November 12th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Why because once you start getting I-AA recruits the rest of I-AA is in trouble? xcoffeex

Well, yea. Considering NDSU is obliterating their D1AA opponents, and even outplaying D1A opponents with D2 talent, it says the sheme works.

Start adding some talent to that scheme, and your talking a quality of football on a whole new level.

Of course, this all depends on how long that Coach Bohl will stay there for.

Kill'em
November 12th, 2006, 12:08 AM
Amen.

Bison05
November 12th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Well, yea. Considering NDSU is obliterating their D1AA opponents, and even outplaying D1A opponents with D2 talent, it says the sheme works.

Start adding some talent to that scheme, and your talking a quality of football on a whole new level.

Of course, this all depends on how long that Coach Bohl will stay there for.

Drop it, hes just trying to rile you up. Its not worth it.

Nodak
November 12th, 2006, 12:12 AM
Of course, this all depends on how long that Coach Bohl will stay there for.[/QUOTE]

Good question! Minneapolis sports radio talks about him every other damn day, making comparisons to Glen (foot in mouth) Mason.

slostang
November 12th, 2006, 12:15 AM
I think it was a little of both. NDSU is a great team this year and they could compete for a NC if they were eligible. I do not think Cal Poly is as bad as this score would indicate just like I do not think NDSU was as bad as last years 37-6 score in Mustang Stadium. I am looking forward to next years game.

bombDiggiD
November 12th, 2006, 12:17 AM

I know, I couldn't help it. His logic is flawed.

He's arguing against NDSU, in a roundabout way, using a system of this team beat that team but they couldn't beat this team etc, etc, etc.

You can actually use his very same argument and twist it to show why NDSU is very much for real in the world of D1AA.

Sometimes, all it matters, is taking care of your schedule and beating the teams that are put in front of you.

I would think that a UMASS fan at the very least would have been able to figure that one out.

AZGrizFan
November 12th, 2006, 12:21 AM

You're hilarious. Every team west of the Mississippi is overrated according to you. It's a wonder any of us ever make the playoffs....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Do the rest of the voters on the AGS poll just not know as much about I-AA football as the all-knowing umassfan? :confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

WildcatFan
November 12th, 2006, 07:16 AM
Hey if everyone just stops responding to him, maybe he will go away?

BisonBacker
November 12th, 2006, 08:14 AM
"First descent win."

Nice.

They are undefeated in D1-AA and play in arguably the best conference. They have beaten how many ranked teams, including a D1A team.

I think the rest of D1AA is overated myself. NDSU's 51-14 a$$ Whoopin' over CP, who only lost by the #3 ranked team by 1 point on the road proves that.

Sorry but that is not completely true.

BisonBacker
November 12th, 2006, 08:17 AM
I know, I couldn't help it. His logic is flawed.

He's arguing against NDSU, in a roundabout way, using a system of this team beat that team but they couldn't beat this team etc, etc, etc.

You can actually use his very same argument and twist it to show why NDSU is very much for real in the world of D1AA.

Sometimes, all it matters, is taking care of your schedule and beating the teams that are put in front of you.

I would think that a UMASS fan at the very least would have been able to figure that one out.

That is not sometimes that is ALL THE TIME. Nothing else matters but next weeks game and the best team your playing is the team your playing next period.

siugrad99
November 12th, 2006, 09:13 AM
NDSU is the best team in 1AA, unfortunately they won't get to show it come playoff time. I would not want to play them.

AZGrizFan
November 12th, 2006, 09:59 AM

Quotes from I-AA Recap: Heartbreak Hotel

David Coulson, I-AA.org senior columnist

Maine won the total offense battle 304-175, but the Minutemen managed to score in the first quarter on a 26-yard pass from Liam Coen (10-of-20 for 103 yards) to Rasheed Rancher and Chris Koepplin’s 35-yard field goal on the first play of the fourth quarter.

Star UMass tailback Steve Baylark was limited to 17 attempts for 50 yards, but the bend, not break Minutemen defense did just enough to eek out the win.

Cal Poly has played one of the toughest schedules in I-AA and needed wins in the final two weeks of the season to qualify for playoff consideration.

Apparently, Maine is UNDER-rated, since but for the grace of God that game goes into over time. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: