PDA

View Full Version : Hankins Headed to Memphis

Cocky
June 25th, 2005, 09:21 AM
http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/tigers_football/article/0,1426,MCA_651_3882462,00.html

McNeeserocket
June 25th, 2005, 09:51 AM
According to the following quote from the article, Hankins was looking and found the same offenese he ran with Mumme:

"I think he likes the university there and they are at the top of his list," Danny said. "He really likes it. He just likes the offense they run, the spread offense.

"He played for coach Mumme for two years at Southeastern and they ran the spread, too."

I think the following quote is just another example of what sports writers don't know about I-AA.

"He also took some other visits to (NCAA) Division 1-AA and Division 2 schools because he would not have had to sit out," Danny said. "He basically told me he wanted to stay within seven hours (of Hattiesburg). We like the distance, about five hours, that Memphis is from us."

GeauxLions94
June 25th, 2005, 04:58 PM
According to the following quote from the article, Hankins was looking and found the same offenese he ran with Mumme:

"I think he likes the university there and they are at the top of his list," Danny said. "He really likes it. He just likes the offense they run, the spread offense.

"He played for coach Mumme for two years at Southeastern and they ran the spread, too."

Hey, what do you know ... we CONTINUE to run the same offense that Mumme brought to Southeastern! :nod: Hankins :rolleyes: was probably the main reason Dennis Roland was hired to replace Mumme (not too many college players have that sort of pull without saying a word).

It'll be tough for him to come anywhere's close to putting up the same numbers in CUSA

Geaux Lions :beerchug: and geaux Trey Willie! :bow:

CosmoVixen24
June 25th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Hankins was probably the main reason Dennis Roland was hired to replace Mumme (not too many college players have that sort of pull without saying a word).

You're right, and because of all the WRs we've got as well. :nod: