PDA

View Full Version : YSU vs NDSU

ysubigred
November 17th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Most think YSU don't stand a chance.. Playing like they did the last two weeks they don't. Playing their "A" game it will be low scoring 17-13 game either way I think NDSU has too much muscle, coaching and an awesome home crowd for a young piss poorly coached team to overcome. xpeacex

BisonFan02
November 17th, 2014, 10:48 PM
Looking forward to Wolford pouting.

Professor Chaos
November 17th, 2014, 10:56 PM
I know reviews have been very positive for YSU's true freshman QB but I'll need to see him handle the NDSU defense in the Farodome atmosphere before I believe he's up to it. From NDSU's perspective I'd like to see the Carson Wentz of the last 35 minutes against Missouri St rather than the first 25 and the UNI game. We'll see but if he's on his game I think NDSU wins big.

CappinHard
November 18th, 2014, 12:50 AM
If you want me to worry about YSU winning and possibly ruining SDSU's chance at a playoff spot, go ahead, I got spare time. But for now, for the selection committee's sake, for my sanity's sake, YSU might want to think about just losing. (after all, you already spoiled hobo days, and it sounds like you want a new coach anyway... ;))

http://youtu.be/a5dpBpaFiMo?t=1m40s

(Jump to 1:40 in the video for the reference, I tried to copy and paste the link with the start time specified, but it won't let me. If someone knows how, I would greatly appreciate your help.)

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2014, 06:03 AM
NDSU has the motivation and the crowd will be fired up. A true freshman QB in that environment? No way YSU wins.

Bison defense will be too much for the YSU offense and the Bison offense will take control in the 2nd half.

Bison win 31-10

Thumper 76
November 18th, 2014, 07:43 AM
The YSU qb was very impressive in Brookings, but having to deal with ndsu's defense over SDSU's really is no contest on that one. Coupled with YSU's recent history I fully expect them to finish pissing the playoffs down there leg and get boat raced in Fargo. I think if they play well they can give NDSU a run for their money, but I doubt they will play well.

Twentysix
November 18th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Most think YSU don't stand a chance.. Playing like they did the last two weeks they don't. Playing their "A" game it will be low scoring 17-13 game either way I think NDSU has too much muscle, coaching and an awesome home crowd for a young piss poorly coached team to overcome. xpeacex

I bet NDSU has a piss poor student section. YSU will certainly have more of a chance than OOC playoff teams.

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2014, 09:15 AM
I bet NDSU has a piss poor student section. YSU will certainly have more of a chance than OOC playoff teams.

And they will sell those tickets. It sure won't be playoff loud (really hasn't been loud this year anyway), but on the field it doesn't matter....loud is loud no matter how high it hits up in the pain threshold.

Winindy
November 18th, 2014, 09:39 AM
I think NDSU learned something on the O-Line in the loss to UNI. And I don't think that bodes well for YSU.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2014, 09:40 AM
I think NDSU learned something on the O-Line in the loss to UNI. And I don't think that bodes well for YSU.

or the rest of FCS in the next few weeks

ValleyTalk
November 18th, 2014, 11:26 AM
YSU has led or been tied in the 4th quarter in 10 of the 11 games this season. The lone game they did not lead was the WIU game, which they lost by 6. Thus, YSU has been in every game this season and I think they have the talent to be int his game as well.

However, when you turn it over 4 times like they did against INSU, you do not deserve to win and you will not win. If they do not turn the ball over and run their offense as they are capable, I think they can keep it close. However, onee big penalty or turnover and it could be a NDSU blowout ala 2012 with the Hess pick-six.

Will the coaching hold the talent back?

AmsterBison
November 18th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Impressed by the number of rushing yards YSU put up against Indiana State. Fumbles killed them though.

penguinpower
November 18th, 2014, 02:27 PM
YSU has players and they can certainly play with anyone but the coaches will piss the game away for them guaranteed and the kids will be woefully unprepared in big games

AmsterBison
November 18th, 2014, 02:37 PM
YSU has players and they can certainly play with anyone but the coaches will piss the game away for them guaranteed and the kids will be woefully unprepared in big games

I have a theory that Youngstown falls apart in November because they have too many players who aren't comfortable when it gets below 40.

The weather won't be a problem in Fargo this weekend so you've got that going for you.

Sycamore62
November 18th, 2014, 02:44 PM
YSU has led or been tied in the 4th quarter in 10 of the 11 games this season. The lone game they did not lead was the WIU game, which they lost by 6. Thus, YSU has been in every game this season and I think they have the talent to be int his game as well.

However, when you turn it over 4 times like they did against INSU, you do not deserve to win and you will not win. If they do not turn the ball over and run their offense as they are capable, I think they can keep it close. However, onee big penalty or turnover and it could be a NDSU blowout ala 2012 with the Hess pick-six.

Dumb stuff added to the ass kicking we received. I can think of at least 4 things that were just mind boggling that caused major problems.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2014, 03:53 PM

Not so fast. My daughter said, she is a student at NDSU now, said that kids are getting their tickets for the last home game on Saturday. Will they sell out? We'll see I guess.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2014, 03:56 PM

YSU always has talent but it is the "intangibles" that they seem to lack at times. I have no doubt that YSU can play with the Bison but can they do it for 4 quarters?

It will be really difficult for your true freshman QB to audible on Saturday. Going to be interesting to see how he handles it.

penguinpower
November 18th, 2014, 04:21 PM
YSU always has talent but it is the "intangibles" that they seem to lack at times. I have no doubt that YSU can play with the Bison but can they do it for 4 quarters?

It will be really difficult for your true freshman QB to audible on Saturday. Going to be interesting to see how he handles it.

Yes very true on the intangibles.

344Johnson
November 18th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Not so fast. My daughter said, she is a student at NDSU now, said that kids are getting their tickets for the last home game on Saturday. Will they sell out? We'll see I guess.
Doubt students will sell it out. GA though....

Or maybe since it's the last home game students will fill 'er up.

BucBisonAtLarge
November 18th, 2014, 08:31 PM
YSU's last trip to Fargo ended badly, 48-7, two years ago in October. I was at that game and it was that ugly. The year before, however, the 'Guins came away victors, in November game. Wolford has found a way to win in the Dome in the recent past, late in the season. This year YSU a lot to play for (again). NDSU will not be able to phone it in.

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2014, 08:32 PM
YSU's last trip to Fargo ended badly, 48-7, two years ago in October. I was at that game and it was that ugly. The year before, however, the 'Guins came away victors, in November game. Wolford has found a way to win in the Dome in the recent past, late in the season. This year YSU a lot to play for (again). NDSU will not be able to phone it in.

NDSU can't phone it in either if they want home field....they will be ready.

TennBison
November 18th, 2014, 09:10 PM
NDSU can't phone it in either if they want home field....they will be ready.

No doubt, IMO win and we get the 1-2 seed (either one is fine by me). And even though the players will say they don't care about seedings and polls and that they don't watch them, I am sure they are well aware of what a loss does to home field advantage through the playoffs. Besides the players being sharp and mentally ready for this game, I just don't think that YSU has the horses to run with us. Bison win by 20.

ValleyTalk
November 18th, 2014, 09:49 PM
@JoeScalzo1: I'm hearing YSU has a VERY good chance of making the playoffs if it beats North Dakota State on Saturday. (I know - easier said than done.)

F'N Hawks
November 18th, 2014, 10:16 PM
@JoeScalzo1: I'm hearing YSU has a VERY good chance of making the playoffs if it beats North Dakota State on Saturday. (I know - easier said than done.)

Ya think? I bet NDSU has a pretty good chance at getting a Top 2 seed if the win on Saturday, also. xrolleyesx

ValleyTalk
November 18th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Ya think? I bet NDSU has a pretty good chance at getting a Top 2 seed if the win on Saturday, also. xrolleyesx
I'm already on record predicting NDSU will win. I think YSU has the talent to compete, but unfortunately the coaching has let us down far too often.

DaBizon
November 18th, 2014, 11:28 PM
YSU = 10
NDSU= 42

Senior day in the dome. A defensive backfield comprised of some very gifted seniors.

10 points is being generous.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 19th, 2014, 06:33 AM

The '12 game was a total beat down for the Bison. In '11, the Bison made a lot of mistakes. If they are mistake prone on Saturday then YSU could easily win this game.

More than likely YSU will stack the box to stop the run and make Wentz beat them.

IMO, it is going to come down to the YSU offense and if they can sustain drives and score. If they cannot move the ball and have 3 and outs, they will lose pretty bad. YSU can run/pass so they will be a good test for the Bison defense.

Can the YSU defense get the Bison offense off the field and create turnovers?

Looking forward to a good game. Both teams have a lot to play for.

Sycamore62
November 19th, 2014, 09:16 AM
from seeing NDSU 2 times and YSU 1 time, it seems like the rushing game for both teams is their strong point on offense and defense. I felt that the YSU passing defense was a little suspect against ISUb for 2 years now. If NDSU can exploit that, it could be a big win otherwise it might be a game for a while.

NDSU wont be able to win on name only against players that want to make the playoffs and a coach who probably likes his job.

jmufan999
November 19th, 2014, 10:04 AM
this game almost certainly won't be close.

here's how the two teams did against common opponents (WIU, SIU, Ind St, So Dakota, SDSU, Mo St):

NDSU: 6-0, average margin of victory - 36.3 ppg / 11.8
YSU: 4-2, average margin - 24.3 / 20.3

oh and ADD to the fact that NDSU has an FBS win... AND is playing at home, with the best homefield advantage in FCS.... AND has tons of motivation to win.... AND YSU hasn't had even a close game with NDSU (much less a win) since 2011???

YSU's not winning. if everything goes absolutely 100% right for them, YSU will only lose by 3-7. that's the best case scenario.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 19th, 2014, 04:56 PM
from seeing NDSU 2 times and YSU 1 time, it seems like the rushing game for both teams is their strong point on offense and defense. I felt that the YSU passing defense was a little suspect against ISUb for 2 years now. If NDSU can exploit that, it could be a big win otherwise it might be a game for a while.

NDSU wont be able to win on name only against players that want to make the playoffs and a coach who probably likes his job.

YSU was ranked #3 or #4 in 2012 when they came to the FD and got run off the field. Last year they folded up in the 2nd half.

NDSU has a ton of motivation for this game. Home field throughout the playoffs and a Valley title.

Crowd : check
Noise: check
Motivation: check
Home field: check
Playoff home games: check

I'll be on the 30 yard line right behind Wolford.....xnodx

I'm just wondering which NDSU player he will call a cheap shot artist this year???xrolleyesx

ysubigred
November 19th, 2014, 05:42 PM
YSU was ranked #3 or #4 in 2012 when they came to the FD and got run off the field. Last year they folded up in the 2nd half.

NDSU has a ton of motivation for this game. Home field throughout the playoffs and a Valley title.

I'm just wondering which NDSU player he will call a cheap shot artist this year???xrolleyesx

All of them!! xshakingmadx

penguinpower
November 19th, 2014, 08:25 PM

I think you are confusing us with UNI. They were bitching about the hit on their LB Farley. YSU fans and players happen to like how you guys play. Check out the YSU athletics site on YouTube. Players lovery how you guys play and the environment that they play in there at the Fargo Dome

NoDak 4 Ever
November 19th, 2014, 08:44 PM
I think you are confusing us with UNI. They were bitching about the hit on their LB Farley. YSU fans and players happen to like how you guys play. Check out the YSU athletics site on YouTube. Players lovery how you guys play and the environment that they play in there at the Fargo Dome

Anyone mad about the Farley injury needs to talk to Xavier Williams.

Bisonator
November 19th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Any penguin fans coming to Fargo?

Should be a fun game. I'll say 31-14 Bison.

penguinpower
November 19th, 2014, 09:50 PM
Im not going to make it because I live in the heart of Ga Southern territory-which is Savannah and it will be about 80 degrees this weekend!

penguinpower
November 19th, 2014, 09:53 PM
Anyone mad about the Farley injury needs to talk to Xavier Williams.

Please expand on that

dewey
November 19th, 2014, 10:00 PM
Please expand on that

An NDSU offensive lineman drove Xavier Williams backwards and down and into Farley ' s leg. It looked really bad but it is good that he has made a full recovery.

Dewey

dewey
November 19th, 2014, 10:01 PM

Link to said athletic site YouTube video, please. I am sure I could find it but I am also quite sure you could find it faster.

Thanks

Dewey

penguinpower
November 19th, 2014, 10:02 PM
An NDSU offensive lineman drove Xavier Williams backwards and down and into Farley ' s leg. It looked really bad but it is good that he has made a full recovery.

Dewey

10-4

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2014, 06:13 AM

After the game last year in Youngstown, Wolford called our DE #93 (IIRC), a cheap shot artist. Bohl didn't say a word because he is friends with Wolford.

He probably needed something to complain about after his team's 2nd half performance.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2014, 06:41 AM
Geez, this thread was back on page #3 already?......xeyebrowx

My voice should be gone before the end of the 1st quarter...xnodx

penguinpower
November 21st, 2014, 09:07 AM
The silence is deafening. Maybe that is good for the underdog.

Bisonator
November 21st, 2014, 09:11 AM
The silence is deafening. Maybe that is good for the underdog.
The Dome won't be silent tomorrow except when the Bison offense is on the field. xthumbsupx

I would expect Wolford will be hearing "CHEAP SHOT" chanted tomorrow. There should be some good signs too. Hopefully the fans keep it clean or at least PG rated. xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2014, 09:16 AM
The Dome won't be silent tomorrow except when the Bison offense is on the field. xthumbsupx

I would expect Wolford will be hearing "CHEAP SHOT" chanted tomorrow. There should be some good signs too. Hopefully the fans keep it clean or at least PG rated. xlolx

It always is PG in section 20. The Ind State coach a couple of years ago came over and gave a bunch of guys hi-fives for the great smack....xthumbsupx

Sycamore62
November 21st, 2014, 09:26 AM
It always is PG in section 20. The Ind State coach a couple of years ago came over and gave a bunch of guys hi-fives for the great smack....xthumbsupx

I love creativity. I hate losing and usually hate opponents while I'm losing.

When I'm heckling, I'm mostly doing it for comic relief for the fans around me.

I dont know if I was different than other players, but I only heard the crowd a few times in my whole career while I was playing. 1 time in high school on a breakaway TD I was done blocking well behind the play and the running back just plain tripped. The other, I was not on the FG team at UNI in 1997 when they blocked the fg at the end of regulation was real loud. I dont remember the noise ever being close to effecting a game I was in. Maybe an extra 6,000 people at NDSU could.

I guess audibles and verbal play calling could be affected but will all the signaling in plays now I dont know.

The last part was rambling off topic but I thought maybe you guys would like some perspective.

Bisonator
November 21st, 2014, 09:32 AM

I dont know if I was different than other players, but I only heard the crowd a few times in my whole career while I was playing. 1 time in high school on a breakaway TD I was done blocking well behind the play and the running back just plain tripped. The other, I was not on the FG team at UNI in 1997 when they blocked the fg at the end of regulation was real loud. I dont remember the noise ever being close to effecting a game I was in. Maybe an extra 6,000 people at NDSU could.

I guess audibles and verbal play calling could be affected but will all the signaling in plays now I dont know.

The last part was rambling off topic but I thought maybe you guys would like some perspective.

The noise can certainly effect the opposing offense especially at the line.

Most players feed off the crowd energy. A good atmosphere raises the level of play for both teams IMO.

Sycamore62
November 21st, 2014, 09:38 AM
The noise can certainly effect the opposing offense especially at the line.

Most players feed off the crowd energy. A good atmosphere raises the level of play for both teams IMO.

it seems like maybe that's now a build in advantage everywhere. I see most teams going on a silent count anymore

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2014, 09:42 AM
Well, since talk about the game has gone stale it should be great tailgating weather for this time of year in ND:

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah120/tplesuk111/TailgatingForecast_zpscdd46efc.jpg

Won't have to worry about the tent blowing away for once and won't even need to keep the beer on ice!

Bisonator
November 21st, 2014, 10:06 AM
it seems like maybe that's now a build in advantage everywhere. I see most teams going on a silent count anymore

Silent count is one thing but if you need to change a play or check off your screwed.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 21st, 2014, 10:10 AM

The guys behind the bench over there were amazing! They made it so much fun.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2014, 10:16 AM

Coach Miles was awesome. He came over before the game and chatted with some of us fans in the stands. He gave the hi-5s during the game....pretty cool for a coach to do...

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2014, 07:23 AM
Game Day for the Bison.

16 awesome seniors play their last regular season home game today:

Travis Beck
Zach Colvin
John Crockett
Christian Dudzik
Kyle Emanuel
Trevor Gebhart
Mike Hardie
Colten Heagle
Jesse Hinz
Zac Johnson
Adam Keller
Carlton Littlejohn
Adam Schueller
Esley Thorton
Kevin Vaadeland
Zach Vraa

These guys have played a combined 835 games....xeekxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

And their team record so far is: 53-3

Looking forward to a Bison win today. 4th Valley title in a row and #1 playoff seed

Bison win 35-13