PDA

View Full Version : Interesting NDSU/CP Stats

Hansel
November 11th, 2006, 08:03 PM
NDSU had the ball for over 13 minutes in the second quarter and over 10 minutes in the third and fourth quarter
NDSU punted only once

NDSU rushed for 324 yards

NDSU was 13-16 passing for 142 and 3 TDs (two incompletions were drops in the end zone)

The game only lasted for 2 hrs and 20 minutes but NDSU was able to score 51 points

Stang Fever
November 11th, 2006, 08:32 PM
thats total domination. NDSU is a top 3 team. by far. I look at the one point loss to UM and then see them kill Michigan St.

All I say is wow

AZGrizFan
November 12th, 2006, 09:48 AM
NDSU had the ball for over 13 minutes in the second quarter and over 10 minutes in the third and fourth quarter
NDSU punted only once

NDSU rushed for 324 yards

NDSU was 13-16 passing for 142 and 3 TDs (two incompletions were drops in the end zone)

The game only lasted for 2 hrs and 20 minutes but NDSU was able to score 51 points

I'd guess that answers the question as to whether Cal Poly lost or was beaten. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Probably still doesn't get MplsBison off the bridge though.... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

X-Factor
November 12th, 2006, 11:09 AM
What probably surprised me most was 6 first down for CP vs. 28 for Bison

CP had 4 first downs in first quarter when they were driving at will on us, and then didn't have a first untill the last minute of play in the 4th quarter.

Also, I do want to add one thing....

I urge Bison fans not to drag this out more than need be. NDSU won, CP lost. It is as simple as that and I am looking forward to next year's matchup in SLO. We seem to have a problem at that place. :bang:
NDSU is not making the playoffs or anything else for that matter, so hopefully nobody is going to start 5 new threads a day like USD fans. It gets old fast. Everyone except umassfan already know the Bison are good. Thx :nod:

bisonguy
November 12th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Another interesting stat-

Cal-Poly has only allowed three 100 yard rushers all season.

Two of those three were yesterday at the Fargodome (Steffes-127 yards, Blincoe- 109 yards):eek:

Gil Dobie
November 12th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Another interesting stat-

Cal-Poly has only allowed three 100 yard rushers all season.

Two of those three were yesterday at the Fargodome (Steffes-127 yards, Blincoe- 109 yards):eek:

Brower played for 1 drive and got 64 yards.

m_olslund - NDSU
November 12th, 2006, 12:28 PM

The third incompletion was a throw-away through the back of the endzone.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 12th, 2006, 12:32 PM
It's a crying shame that you guys can't be in the playoffs. Ditto with the jackrabbits.

It's also a shame you guys didn't get to meet our old offense.

No_Skill
November 12th, 2006, 12:35 PM
It's a crying shame that you guys can't be in the playoffs. Ditto with the jackrabbits.

It's also a shame you guys didn't get to meet our old offense.

Hmmm...I'm not sure your old tripple option offense would want to meet our defense.

griz8791
November 12th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Hmmm...I'm not sure your old tripple option offense would want to meet our defense.

I know you have a great D, but have you actually seen the old GSU offense from back in the day? This isn't smack, I'm just thinking you might not have been paying as much attention to I-AA back then as you are now. I know I saw about as much of it as I could stand and then some.

bisonguy
November 12th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Let's save the hypothetical talk for the bars or tailgating......

gr8ness97
November 12th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Why dont you guys (NDSU) petition the NCAA to let you participate in the playoffs? You all do seem to have a super-strong case to get in.

Hammersmith
November 12th, 2006, 01:38 PM
How about this stat:

Cal Poly LB Kyle Shotwell came into Fargo leading I-AA in tackles for lost yardage with 19. Against NDSU: 17 tackles with none for a loss. The only lost yardage for NDSU RBs was a pair of 1 yard losses by Kyle Steffes and Pete Blincoe.

NDSU's coaches created a "Power I" scheme just for Cal Poly to counteract their speed advantage. Seemed to work pretty well. They got the idea from the SJSU/Cal Poly game.

Fargo Forum article (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=146104)

X-Factor
November 12th, 2006, 01:49 PM
I know you have a great D, but have you actually seen the old GSU offense from back in the day? This isn't smack, I'm just thinking you might not have been paying as much attention to I-AA back then as you are now. I know I saw about as much of it as I could stand and then some.

Our linebacker speed is just sick, and I believe(correct me if i'm wrong) that is why you don't see NFL teams running a triple-O. I have a hard time believing an option offense could do much against these backers...no smack intended. Every time a team has tried to run on the outside this year they were stuffed. I watched out 'backers blow through would-be blockers in the Minnesota game like they weren't there.

No_Skill
November 12th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Our linebacker speed is just sick, and I believe(correct me if i'm wrong) that is why you don't see NFL teams running a triple-O. I have a hard time believing an option offense could do much against these backers...no smack intended. Every time a team has tried to run on the outside this year they were stuffed. I watched out 'backers blow through would-be blockers in the Minnesota game like they weren't there.

Funny you should mention that. I remember one play in particular yesterday where Poly tried to run the option and got stretched out for no gain. I thought to myself, "huh, Minnesota tried that against us too". xcoffeex

Bison06
November 12th, 2006, 04:08 PM
I know that we haven't seen a team that runs it to perfection like the GSU teams of old, but there hasn't been one team since coach bohl took over that had even an ounce of success running the option against this defense. I'm with the rest of the bison fans here.

NDSUFREAK
November 12th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Why dont you guys (NDSU) petition the NCAA to let you participate in the playoffs? You all do seem to have a super-strong case to get in.

because we knew coming into 1AA, and no matter how great we did in the rankings, we wouldnt be able to make the playoffs. Gene Taylor has showed nothing of petitioning.

No_Skill
November 12th, 2006, 05:34 PM
I'm sure many Bison fans have some pretty itchy trigger fingers. We'll have to wait our turn. :(

One positive I see out of the situation, is that I will be super interested in the playoff process and action this year. I must admit in the past three years I would catch a game or two on ESPN, but this year I'm gonna soak up as much as I can. The only thing left for me to decide it who to root for... :hurray: