PDA

View Full Version : AGS Poll Results - Week 12 - 2014

AGSPoll
November 17th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Results for 11/17/2014 AGS Poll:

Well, the UNH Widcats remain #1 but NDSU has cut their point margin in 1/2 this week.

New Hampshire Wildcats

North Dakota State Bison

Coastal Carolina Chanticleers

Jacksonville State Gamecocks

Villanova Wildcats

Eastern Washington Eagles

Illinois State Redbirds

Fordham Rams

Northern Iowa Panthers

Chattanooga Mocs

Southeastern Louisiana Lions

Montana State Bobcats

James Madison Dukes

14T
Eastern Kentucky Colonels

14T
South Dakota State Jackrabbits

Indiana State Sycamores

Harvard Crimson

Richmond Spiders

Youngstown State Penguins

Montana Grizzlies

William & Mary Tribe

North Carolina A&T Aggies

Sam Houston State Bearkats

Sacred Heart Pioneers

Idaho State Bengals

Most Significant Win:

James Madison Dukes

Most Significant Loss:

Richmond Spiders

ORV:

Liberty Flames

Yale Bulldogs

McNeese State Cowboys

Bryant Bulldogs

Bucknell Bison

Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks

Charleston Southern Buccaneers

Samford Bulldogs

Southern Illinois Salukis

Northern Arizona Lumberjacks

Cal Poly Mustangs

37T
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats

37T
Sacramento State Hornets

Alcorn State Braves

WestCoastAggie
November 17th, 2014, 11:44 AM
I think this poll most accurately reflects the proper ranking of teams as we head into the playoffs.

FargoBison
November 17th, 2014, 11:45 AM
AGS is as usual the best...Oh and LFN I voted NDSU #1 again just in case you wanted to know...

KUlawJack
November 17th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Best poll. By far.

Professor Chaos
November 17th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Switch around SELA and SDSU and Montana St and Indiana St and I like it a lot. Both MSU and SELA have a gaudy conference record but if you look at the teams they've played you'll see why whereas as both SDSU and Indiana St have multiple wins against current top 25 teams but one extra loss (with no bad losses).

BisonFan02
November 17th, 2014, 11:55 AM
1: New Hampshire Wildcats
2: North Dakota State Bison
3: Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
4: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
5: Villanova Wildcats
6: Northern Iowa Panthers
7: Eastern Washington Eagles
8: Fordham Rams
9: Chattanooga Mocs
10: Illinois State Redbirds
11: Montana State Bobcats
12: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
13: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
14: James Madison Dukes
15: Indiana State Sycamores
16: Eastern Kentucky Colonels
17: Youngstown State Penguins
18: Montana Grizzlies
19: Richmond Spiders
20: Harvard Crimson
21: Idaho State Bengals
22: Sam Houston State Bearkats
23: William & Mary Tribe
24: Sacred Heart Pioneers
25: North Carolina A&T Aggies

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Fordham is ranked above chattanooga..........................still....wtf

FargoBison
November 17th, 2014, 11:59 AM

Well Fordham plays Army this week, so they will either drop or earn that spot.

clenz
November 17th, 2014, 12:05 PM
I was pretty close to all 25 correct. The two I had different were SFA and Bucknell over Harvard and NCAT. It was pretty much a coin flip between my #22-25 and NCAT, Liberty, and Harvard. The only one I feel I might have "missed" was SFA but I'll stick with it right now. I went with Montana and Bucknell as I thought they would beat Liberty and NCAT head to head. I was very tempted to put Harvard in, but I don't rank conferences that don't participate in the playoffs. It's always been my rule but the bottom 4 almost got me to break it this week.

My poll with +/- the AGS on the right. Positive number means I had higher, negative means I had lower. My average dependency was 2.5 spots with 3 right on.

1: North Dakota State Bison

2: New Hampshire Wildcats

3: Villanova Wildcats

4: Eastern Washington Eagles

5: Jacksonville State Gamecocks

6: Coastal Carolina Chanticleers

7: Northern Iowa Panthers

8: Illinois State Redbirds

10: Fordham Rams

11: Eastern Kentucky Colonels

13: James Madison Dukes

14: Southeastern Louisiana Lions

15: Montana State Bobcats

16: Indiana State Sycamores

18: Sam Houston State Bearkats

19: Idaho State Bengals

20: Richmond Spiders

21: William & Mary Tribe

22: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks

23: Sacred Heart Pioneers

24: Bucknell Bison

25: Montana Grizzlies

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2014, 12:05 PM
My God. They are going to beat Army and get the 8 seed.that is some BS right there. no disrespect to the military, but they might as well be playing the North Korean army.

paward
November 17th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Can we finnally have a case that Best Win / Worst Lost not be the same game? It defeats the point of asking the question. How about, ONE Game with greastest impact? For what it is worth I did have JMU as best win. Our losing speaks for itself. They dominated and solidified their playoff chances. I put Liberty as worse lost because it took them out of my poll. What say ye, gentlemen?

TheRevSFA
November 17th, 2014, 12:11 PM
SELA is too high IMO. Inflated spot due to conference record

BlueHenSinfonian
November 17th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Not bad, I was curious if I would be out alone putting Sacred Heart back into my poll, but I guess not. Here's mine:

2: Illinois State Redbirds
3: North Dakota State Bison
4: Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
6: Eastern Washington Eagles
7: Villanova Wildcats
9: Eastern Kentucky Colonels
10: Northern Iowa Panthers
11: James Madison Dukes
12: Montana State Bobcats
14: Indiana State Sycamores
15: Chattanooga Mocs
16: Youngstown State Penguins
17: Harvard Crimson
18: Richmond Spiders
19: Bucknell Bison
20: Bryant Bulldogs
21: North Carolina A&T Aggies
22: Cal Poly Mustangs
23: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
25: Bethune-Cookman Wildcats

Professor Chaos
November 17th, 2014, 12:15 PM
My God. They are going to beat Army and get the 8 seed.that is some BS right there. no disrespect to the military, but they might as well be playing the North Korean army.
Who has Chattanooga beat that would merit them being such a no brainer to be ranked over Fordham? Both Chatty and Fordham are being held back because of the weakness of their respective conferences and no good wins OOC.

Professor Chaos
November 17th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Can we finnally have a case that Best Win / Worst Lost not be the same game? It defeats the point of asking the question. How about, ONE Game with greastest impact? For what it is worth I did have JMU as best win. Our losing speaks for itself. They dominated and solidified their playoff chances. I put Liberty as worse lost because it took them out of my poll. What say ye, gentlemen?
Without knowing I think that there are very few, if any, ballots that have the most significant win and loss from the same game. The flaw in the collective logic is that the biggest upset of the week, depending on how you look at, can either be the most impactful win or loss. Therefore that game gets a vote either way for biggest win/loss but the rest of the votes are split up amongst 4-5 other games so there isn't one game that stands out amongst that group to overtake the votes for the big one.

FargoBison
November 17th, 2014, 12:18 PM

JMU was my biggest win and Cal Poly was my biggest loss.

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Who has Chattanooga beat that would merit them being such a no brainer to be ranked over Fordham? Both Chatty and Fordham are being held back because of the weakness of their respective conferences and no good wins OOC.

if you think Chattanooga and Fordham, play in similar conferences, you don't know s*** about college football.at the very least Chattanooga is being penalized for playing FBS games. That is f****** stupid. Fordham can not stay on the same field with us. Gtfo dip****

kalm
November 17th, 2014, 12:21 PM
if you think Chattanooga and Fordham, play in similar conferences, you don't know s*** about college football.at the very least Chattanooga is being penalized for playing FBS games. That is f****** stupid. Fordham can not stay on the same field with us. Gtfo dip****

Fordham plays in that conference that's been owned by the Big South and about equal with the MEAC, no?

Professor Chaos
November 17th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Hence your logic for every argument you get in, spout off about how your knowledge is so much better than anyone else's and think it'll stick because you have more asterisks in your response. Chattanooga isn't being penalized for FBS games, they're being penalized for having no good FCS wins. Their best win is against unranked Samford. Likewise, Fordham's best win is against unranked Bucknell. After that you can throw out Western Carolina and Wofford but now you're really stretching if you're trumpeting either of those two teams as your reasoning behind a higher ranking. Personally, I think Fordham or Chattanooga could be interchangeable at this point but like it or not, if Fordham beats Army next week I think they get the 8 seed over Chattanooga (that is if UNI doesn't get it over both of them).

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Fordham plays in that conference that's been owned by the Big South and about equal with the MEAC, no?

lookyou idiot there is no excuse for ranking for them ahead of Chattanooga. None whatsoever. This is the kind of logic that makes this poll no better than the others. If you do not understand that the Southern Conference recruit better players then the Patriot League you are not a smart person. Even if you don't follow college football very closely. The word. Backspace damn this voice recognition software.

Professor Chaos
November 17th, 2014, 12:28 PM
lookyou idiot there is no excuse for ranking for them ahead of Chattanooga. None whatsoever. This is the kind of logic that makes this poll no better than the others. If you do not understand that the Southern Conference recruit better players then the Patriot League you are not a smart person. Even if you don't follow college football very closely. The word. Backspace damn this voice recognition software.
This makes me picture chattown as Stephen Hawking's mentally handicapped little brother.

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2014, 12:32 PM
This makes me picture chattown as Stephen Hawking's mentally handicapped little brother.

I laughed. I have to talk like stephen for it to understand me.

kalm
November 17th, 2014, 12:36 PM

I watched Fordham play last year in the playoffs and against Bucknell a couple weeks ago. While many weaker conference teams don't pass the eyeball test, they certainly do. I'd say it's a push at best and I actually have them pretty close. The SoCon has lost it's luster and performed terrible the last two seasons. That's hurting Chatty's reputation along with the fact your best win is against Samford. Not that Fordham has any great wins, but a reasonable person might see the two less losses trumping the tougher OOC schedule.

You are reasonable, aren't you?

GoAgs72
November 17th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Very similar to my poll except I substituted Yale for Idaho State. I really like Idaho State and the big turn-around in their program. I could have gone with either but Idaho State hurt themselves with both scheduling and not winning the biggest game of the year. Head to head, Idaho State probably wins but could've and should've don't count.

Pard4Life
November 17th, 2014, 12:40 PM

The North Koreans are among the toughest people on the planet. I'd want them on my side during an alien invasion. That said, that makes Fordham's game all the more tougher.

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2014, 12:40 PM
even if the legs were equal.Chattanooga lost at Tennessee, at Central Michigan by 4, vs Jacksonville State in overtime.Fordham lost to Villanova by 44. 44. 44. Are you reasonable enough to see which team is better even if leagues were equal? Question mark. Why can it not say the word.

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2014, 12:42 PM
by the way. Your eye test must be very generous.I thank Chattanooga could pass it to because Chattanooga doesn't have slow white guys Running around in their secondary.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2014, 12:44 PM

It happens about 1/2 the time. I think we have 6 "same game" this year and 6 not same game. It would seem that a fair amount of these could be the biggest wins and losses since there are big games in the last 1/2 of the year. It might be a bit much but I don't know that is egregious.

dewey
November 17th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Here is my top 25.

2:*New Hampshire Wildcats
3:*Jacksonville State Gamecocks
4:*Illinois State Redbirds
5:*Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
6:*Villanova Wildcats
7:*Eastern Washington Eagles
8:*Chattanooga Mocs
9:*Northern Iowa Panthers
10:*Southeastern Louisiana Lions
11:*Montana State Bobcats
12:*Eastern Kentucky Colonels
13:*Fordham Rams
14:*South Dakota State Jackrabbits
15:*James Madison Dukes
16:*Indiana State Sycamores
17:*Youngstown State Penguins
18:*Richmond Spiders
19:*Montana Grizzlies
20:*William & Mary Tribe
21:*Sam Houston State Bearkats
22:*North Carolina A&T Aggies
23:*Idaho State Bengals
24:*Harvard Crimson
25:*Sacred Heart Pioneers

My most significant win was Indiana State
My most significant loss was Richmond

Dewey

JMUNJ08
November 17th, 2014, 12:48 PM
even if the legs were equal.Chattanooga lost at Tennessee, at Central Michigan by 4, vs Jacksonville State in overtime.Fordham lost to Villanova by 44. 44. 44. Are you reasonable enough to see which team is better even if leagues were equal? Question mark. Why can it not say the word.

I call your logic swiss cheese because there are so many holes in it. A simple alternative to your thought process is that Chatty has 3.3.3.3. LOSSES to Fordham's one. Yes, 3 very good teams but 3 L's. No where do you mention the signature wins that Chatty has because, hold on, there are none. Fordham doesn't have any either. Bucknell/ WCU count as the best and Bucknell is only in the playoff discussion because they have beat up on a weak Patriot crop. If Fordham beats Army, they are easily over you because that would be yes, 1.1.1.1. FBS win to 0

JMUNJ08
November 17th, 2014, 12:50 PM
4: Villanova Wildcats
5: Eastern Washington Eagles
6: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
7: Illinois State Redbirds
8: Chattanooga Mocs
9: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
10: Montana State Bobcats
11: Fordham Rams
12: Northern Iowa Panthers
15: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
19: North Carolina A&T Aggies
20: Sam Houston State Bearkats
22: Harvard Crimson
23: Sacred Heart Pioneers
24: Jacksonville Dolphins
25: Alcorn State Braves

Win: JMU
Loss: NAU (this was easy folks, O-U-T of the playoff discussion after only having to beat the bottom of the Big Sky to get the auto...)

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2014, 12:53 PM
I call your logic swiss cheese because there are so many holes in it. A simple alternative to your thought process is that Chatty has 3.3.3.3. LOSSES to Fordham's one. Yes, 3 very good teams but 3 L's. No where do you mention the signature wins that Chatty has because, hold on, there are none. Fordham doesn't have any either. Bucknell/ WCU count as the best and Bucknell is only in the playoff discussion because they have beat up on a weak Patriot crop. If Fordham beats Army, they are easily over you because that would be yes, 1.1.1.1. FBS win to 0

if you don't factor in the fact that Fordham lost by 44 points, then you are an idiot. By the way, Fordham hasn't played army yet!!!

jmufan999
November 17th, 2014, 12:54 PM
on the "best win/worst loss" debate, how about just not having that as an option? what's wrong with just doing a simple poll? i guess i fail to see the purpose of that part of the poll. doesn't really feel like we'd be missing much by just getting rid of it altogether.

JMUNJ08
November 17th, 2014, 12:57 PM
if you don't factor in the fact that Fordham lost by 44 points, then you are an idiot. By the way, Fordham hasn't played army yet!!!

Sure, that is why they would never be over Nova unless they absolutely collapsed and were a different team. Chatty? Sure, why not.

Also note that my bracket has Chatty over Fordham so I am clearly on your side of the argument...

clenz
November 17th, 2014, 12:59 PM
It happens about 1/2 the time. I think we have 6 "same game" this year and 6 not same game. It would seem that a fair amount of these could be the biggest wins and losses since there are big games in the last 1/2 of the year. It might be a bit much but I don't know that is egregious.
Where I struggle with it is I find times wanting to put a team that won by 2 against a team they should have beat by 21 plus for significant because in my eyes that is significant in showing they might not be what people think.

Same to be said about a close loss, even for a team that was expected to lose.

I like having it as an option, but (as you know from trying to edit my wedge segment) I need room/time to explain it.xlolx

TheRevSFA
November 17th, 2014, 01:03 PM

The SOCON isn't a power conference in FCS anymore. What made it a power conference left for the sun belt

Fear the Bird
November 17th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Who are all the people that switched their #1 loyalty from New Hampshire to NDSU this week? What changed from last week to this week? Frauds

clenz
November 17th, 2014, 01:06 PM
The SOCON isn't a power conference in FCS anymore. What made it a power conference left for the sun belt
This.

Just because the schools that are left were around when GSU and ASU were running things doesn't mean that they were what made it a power conference.

Until, at least, 2 schools prove that they are a national player year after year the SoCon isn't a power conference. The two schools don't always have to be the same, but there has to be at least 2 in any given year that have a legit shot at a natty.

Professor Chaos
November 17th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Who are all the people that switched their #1 loyalty from New Hampshire to NDSU this week? What changed from last week to this week? Frauds
It may just be different voters. I'm pretty sure the AGS voteing bloc is pretty fluid this time of year with some people missing a week here and there or other voters picking up or dropping off because their teams are or are not relevant.

That being said, I think some voters probably just dropped NDSU because they lost but then took a step back and really looked at who NDSU and UNH have beat and who they've lost to and realized that NDSU still has more quality wins and better quality wins overall.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Don't really get all the emotional name calling over voting this time but whatever floats ya boat I guess.

btw fear, I am a fraud. I don't have a clue what I'm doing.xthumbsupx

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2014, 01:15 PM
guess what? It's still better than the Patriot League by leaps and bounds. Its not even debatable. Not even debatable

ccd494
November 17th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Are we really arguing about Chattanooga and Fordham's quality wins? There are CAA and MVFC teams with losing records who are going to finish with more quality wins than either of those two small conference programs.

Nova09
November 17th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Why does this poll accept submissions from people who openly admit that they will never put an IVY in? As many of you know I don't do a poll so it has nothing to do with where I think a team should be ranked, but if I said the Big Sky is crap I'm not ranking any of their teams Ursus would not let me submit a poll if I tried. Why is it accepted when people say the same about the IVY?

Fear the Bird
November 17th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Are we really arguing about Chattanooga and Fordham's quality wins? There are CAA and MVFC teams with losing records who are going to finish with more quality wins than either of those two small conference programs.

I'm pretty sure from other comments that he is using this as a forum to springboard into his real gripe - Fordham potentially grabbing the #8 seed by using the current polls as a comparison for where seeds could fall. Chattown (incorrectly in my opinion) seems to think Chatty should be a seed come next Sunday.

Fear the Bird
November 17th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Don't really get all the emotional name calling over voting this time but whatever floats ya boat I guess.

btw fear, I am a fraud. I don't have a clue what I'm doing.xthumbsupx

Ursus I would never call you a fraud! I was just very surprised to see that voting and if moving NDSU was reactionary due to a loss and then a week later more analysis was done on resume comparison, that is disappointing.

FargoBison
November 17th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Why does this poll accept submissions from people who openly admit that they will never put an IVY in? As many of you know I don't do a poll so it has nothing to do with where I think a team should be ranked, but if I said the Big Sky is crap I'm not ranking any of their teams Ursus would not let me submit a poll if I tried. Why is it accepted when people say the same about the IVY?

Probably because Ivy isolates itself and makes it hard to compare them to other conferences.

I will rank an Ivy team but it is tough for them to go above 20 in my poll since it is hard to determine what is a quality win.

smilo
November 17th, 2014, 01:22 PM
North Dakota St

New Hampshire

Coastal Carolina

Villanova

Illinois State

Jacksonville St

Eastern Washington

Northern Iowa

South Dakota St

Indiana State

James Madison

Youngstown State

Richmond

Fordham

William & Mary

Southeastern Louisiana

Montana St

Chattanooga

Southern Illinois

Harvard

Eastern Kentucky

Liberty

Sam Houston St

Montana

Central Arkansas

Next 15: Yale, Idaho State, NWST, Bucknell, McNeese, SFA, Cal Poly, Missouri St, EIU, WIU, Chuck South, Sacred Heart, Samford, Bryant, NCAT

Notice. No Bethune and No NAU in my top 40. (43 and 41 respectively split by Stony Brook!)
If you can't beat bad teams, you are not a good team. Be thankful to be ahead of South Dakota.

Stop your ridiculous arguing. SELA, Fordham, Chattanooga, Harvard. It's all the same. Dominating a bad conference means zip. Normally, I'd let Fordham have the bye for the wins alone (though I think UNI deserves it for geographic reasons too as I have stated in other places), but that's about it. It doesn't mean they are the 8th best team. I also have little respect for the OVC.

SHSU stands to gain a lot of ground with a win this week as it would convince me that the turnaround is real, but I'm still going with UCA as my pick. 2 of the bottom 3 and possibly 3 of the bottom four could drop out so tons of room for improvement. I think I'd drop SIU if they fail to get to .500 vs. D1 even if it is ISU-r that they are playing. William&Mary/Richmond loser will drop near Harvard/EKU. Montana State could effectively switch with Youngstown if those games go as the experts suspect (though I believe YSU will give it their all)

Kemo
November 17th, 2014, 01:24 PM
My Top 25:

I haven't seen something this big, green, and angry since... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nrCvjg6nsI)

Likely CAA champs find out what chicken tastes like, which is apparently similar to every opponent they've faced so far.

Should I make back to back chicken jokes here? Apparently my humor tastes the same. Seriously though, they finally play Liberty this coming week and I'm excited, even after Charleston Southern threw a bucket of water on the Flames.

4: Illinois State Redbirds

Kicked the puppies to keep their MVFC title hopes alive.

Back to back puppy kicking jokes? Don't think I'm above doing it...

6: Jacksonville State Gamecocks

Received the admiration of every bubble team after their victory over the Artist Formerly Known as the Fighting Garoppolos.

I'd like to think the Unspecified Eagles have a seed locked up with Portland State on deck, but apparently the top tier teams in the Big Sky are allergic to terrible football teams and have a tendency to choke.

8: Northern Iowa Panthers

3 puppy kicking jokes in the top 10?! And they said it couldn't be done!

Chattown is starting to talk big about his Mocs again, which could mean only one thing... a loss to Furman this week.

10: South Dakota State Jackrabbits

Back to Back 500 yard offensive days means the Sumner Effect is a real thing. All they have to do is kick a puppy this weekend (4 in the top 10! I should call Guinness) to make the playoffs.

11: Indiana State Sycamores

If the Trees fall into the playoffs, will they make a sound?

The Robert Cats can guarantee themselves a playoff spot if they can poke the bear and survive.

The Diva Dogs are hitting their stride at the right time.

14: Eastern Kentucky Colonels

The Colonels nearly get bucked off by the Horses (which would make them calvary, I guess), but managed to keep their At-Large bid alive.

15: Richmond Spiders

Fun Fact: A spider's life span can be anywhere between 1-20 years long... or 3 weeks after beating Vilanova.

Are in the unenviable position of their playoff hopes freezing in Fargo unless they can gut a Bison and use its insides for warmth.

17: Southeastern Louisiana Lions

Have a chance to remain king of the jungle in the Southland (even if this jungle has been deforested to put a strip mall with retailers like Houston Baptist, Nichols State, and Incarnate Word).

18: Fordham Rams

Bah-Ram-U's horns still doesn't show much wear and tear. Interested to see how they perform against Army.

19: Idaho State Bengals

Might be the 2nd or 3rd best team in the Big Sky, but their disorganized secretary booked a schedule that conflicted with making the playoffs.

20: Liberty Flames

They didn't lose to a bad team, but CSU isn't a good team either. Flames are going to have to roast the Chaos Chickens to have a shot at the playoffs.

21: Montana Grizzlies

Win and they're in, lose and they'll be avoiding all their relatives who chose to attend Montana State for roughly a year.

22: William & Mary Tribe

Playoffs start this week against Richmond, because both of them aren't making the postseason.

23: North Carolina A&T Aggies

Nobody else apparently wanted this spot, so why not the MEAC champs.

24: Sam Houston State Bearkats

Face palm for not having to play SELA this year. They appear to be destined for the playoffs as long as they don't treat Central Arkansas like a DII team.

25: Harvard Crimson

I normally don't rank Ivy Schools due to them not participating in the playoff and never challenging themselves OOC, but this is a protest ranking after so many bubble teams wet themselves against inferior competition this past weekend.

clenz
November 17th, 2014, 01:25 PM
I rank, always have, playoff conferences.

When the Ivy and SWAC decide they want to be a participating member of the FCS I will include them.

If you really, and I mean really, want to question the amount of work/time I put on my poll/research then go a head and say it.

I'll gladly send you about 13 different excel files and start putting a recorder on the research i do in a weekend (between about 10pm central Saturday night and 10pm central Sunday night, which is typically when my poll is submitted...give or take a couple hours) then I will.

BTW in that 24 hours it's usually about 10-12. That includes watching some games on ESPN3 that I can get a hold of and doesn't include what I watch on Saturday's

If you want my poll thrown out because I put a Patriot team over an Ivy...then...well...

Bisonator
November 17th, 2014, 01:27 PM

Seriously, all over the 8-10 slot. xlolx

I'm not a voter but I would have a hard time putting UNH ahead of NDSU. IMO UNH does not have the same resume as NDSU and it's really not even close.

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2014, 01:31 PM
I would love for a vmi fan to get on here and tell us the difference between chattanooga and bucknell. Too bad they didn't play fordham, they might have beaten them.

ccd494
November 17th, 2014, 01:32 PM
I'm pretty sure from other comments that he is using this as a forum to springboard into his real gripe - Fordham potentially grabbing the #8 seed by using the current polls as a comparison for where seeds could fall. Chattown (incorrectly in my opinion) seems to think Chatty should be a seed come next Sunday.

It shouldn't matter. Here's my playoff bracket. Coastal Carolina is an alternate.:

[1] North Dakota State
Winner of [17] Western Illinois @ [16] Albany

[8] Indiana State
[9] William & Mary

[4] Villanova
Winner of [20] South Dakota @ [13] Delaware

[5] Northern Iowa
Winner of [21] Elon @ [12] Southern Illinois

[6] James Madison
Winner of [22] Rhode Island @ [11] Youngstown State

[3] Illinois State
Winner of [19] Towson @ [14] Maine

[7] Richmond
[10] South Dakota State

[2] New Hampshire
Winner of [18] Missouri State @ [15] Stony Brook

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2014, 01:34 PM
I rank, always have, playoff conferences.

When the Ivy and SWAC decide they want to be a participating member of the FCS I will include them.

If you really, and I mean really, want to question the amount of work/time I put on my poll/research then go a head and say it.

I'll gladly send you about 13 different excel files and start putting a recorder on the research i do in a weekend (between about 10pm central Saturday night and 10pm central Sunday night, which is typically when my poll is submitted...give or take a couple hours) then I will.

BTW in that 24 hours it's usually about 10-12. That includes watching some games on ESPN3 that I can get a hold of and doesn't include what I watch on Saturday's

If you want my poll thrown out because I put a Patriot team over an Ivy...then...well...

You watch all this film and see no difference between the socon and the patriot league? You must need glasses.

Bison56
November 17th, 2014, 01:35 PM
You watch all this film and see no difference between the socon and the patriot league? You must need glasses.

Take your chatty colored ones off.

clenz
November 17th, 2014, 01:39 PM
I've never said there isn't a difference.

I've said the SoCon isn't a power conference and I think Fordham and Bucknell would do well in the SoCon.

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Take your chatty colored ones off.

You don't know what chattanoogas colors are? Its time to stop pretending this poll is legit.

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2014, 01:41 PM
I've never said there isn't a difference.

I've said the SoCon isn't a power conference and I think Fordham and Bucknell would do well in the SoCon.

So based on your film study. Is fordham better than chattanooga?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Ursus I would never call you a fraud! I was just very surprised to see that voting and if moving NDSU was reactionary due to a loss and then a week later more analysis was done on resume comparison, that is disappointing.

Actually FTB I may fall into that category. I really had a tough time deciding last week which team was 1 and which was 2. I chose UNH #1 and it may have been mostly because of the NDSU loss still fresh. I almost immediately started questioning myself and when I looked at it again it was still almost a toss up except that if you just compare the two resumes at this point I just felt NDSU got the nod.

If I was a fraud it was last week but I really don't think I was as there is not very much at all separating the top 4-5 teams right now in my book.

So yes I did some re analyzing and came up with a different result but I didn't just not do it last week.

smilo
November 17th, 2014, 01:42 PM
You don't know what chattanoogas colors are? Its time to stop pretending this poll is legit.

The color is so ugly, I don't think there is a name for that shade. Makes me almost OK with being boring old navy.

clenz
November 17th, 2014, 01:42 PM
I don't know that I see much of a difference between the two.

I wouldn't argue with one being a head of the other by a spot or two.

Now, if you want to tell me there is 3 or more spots between them (for either team in either direction) I'd have an issue

FargoBison
November 17th, 2014, 01:43 PM

Fordham could beat Chatty if their starting QB is healthy but they could also lose. I would call that game a pick em on a neutral site.

clenz
November 17th, 2014, 01:44 PM
I would also challenge you, chattown, to look at my poll that I submitted (on page 1) before you start getting all huffy at me.

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2014, 01:46 PM
There is an amazingly simple difference. Team speed. I really hope this matchup. I don't think you've seen these two teams play and if you have you didn't know what the hell you were looking at.

clenz
November 17th, 2014, 01:48 PM
There is an amazingly simple difference. Team speed. I really hope this matchup. I don't think you've seen these two teams play and if you have you didn't know what the hell you were looking at.
xrolleyesx

If it was all about speed NDSU would never have won a title

FordhamFan
November 17th, 2014, 01:49 PM

Have you ever even seen Fordham play? They aren't really your typical Patriot League team this year. I don't really think Fordham lacks in "team speed." But I'm not really sure, I've only seen Chattanooga once. They're good, but I think Clenz had it right, the two teams are pretty even this year, wouldn't argue one over the other.

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Fordham could beat Chatty if their starting QB is healthy but they could also lose. I would call that game a pick em on a neutral site.

Chattanooga would win by at least 28 in any circumstance. I hope this is the 8-9 or 7-10 matchup. We will destroy punk ass fordham.

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Have you ever even seen Fordham play? They aren't really your typical Patriot League team this year. I don't really think Fordham lacks in "team speed." But I'm not really sure, I've only seen Chattanooga once. They're good, but I think Clenz had it right, the two teams are pretty even this year, wouldn't argue one over the other.

I watched bucknell. Chattanoogas offense would cut through fordhams d like a hot knife through butter. That's not even our suit. Stay in your lane fordham.

FordhamFan
November 17th, 2014, 01:54 PM
I watched bucknell. Chattanoogas offense would cut through fordhams d like a hot knife through butter. That's not even our suit. Stay in your lane fordham.

I'm pretty sure every one of Fordham's skill guys is better than Chattanooga's. Nebrich, Edmonds, Ajala, Tebucky Jones, Light. Yeah there's no doubt about that.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Chattanooga would win by at least 28 in any circumstance. I hope this is the 8-9 or 7-10 matchup. We will destroy punk ass fordham.

You've made many, many claims like this that have fell through the floor. You are not legit at seeing things clearly so it's OK if you don't approve of everyone else's view of the two teams. Chattanooga is being paid a good deal of respect for what they've accomplished this season but you think you are vastly better than a team above yours...get over it. That game is a likely toss up.

Fear the Bird
November 17th, 2014, 01:59 PM
The funny thing is, in the land of who have they beat, Chatty's best win is...Samford? But hey they pasted WCU, right? Actually, the fact that they receive top 10 consideration is showing a great deal of respect from the AGS community. I know it certainly holds no weight in the Fordham-Chatty comparison but in general I think we respect Chatty a lot more than Chattown realizes and a lot more than we should.

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2014, 01:59 PM
I'm pretty sure every one of Fordham's skill guys is better than Chattanooga's. Nebrich, Edmonds, Ajala, Tebucky Jones, Light. Yeah there's no doubt about that.

Really? Better than keon williams, faysaal shafaat, tonny hudson? Ok. I can see why you'd make the argument. Its delusional, and inccorect, but ok. But you have tobunderstand, chattanooga would be going up against fordhams D. Fordham would be facing chattanoogas d.

BisonFan02
November 17th, 2014, 02:02 PM
xrolleyesx

The Bison have PLENTY of team speed....especially on D.

FargoBison
November 17th, 2014, 02:03 PM
My Top 25 ballot...Just to show my blatant disrespect of the Mocs...

3: Eastern Washington Eagles
5: Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
6: Illinois State Redbirds
10: Fordham Rams
11: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
12: Indiana State Sycamores
14: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
15: Montana State Bobcats
17: Richmond Spiders
19: Youngstown State Penguins
20: Idaho State Bengals
21: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
22: William & Mary Tribe
23: North Carolina A&T Aggies
24: Harvard Crimson
25: Sacred Heart Pioneers

gotts
Really? Better than keon williams, faysaal shafaat, tonny hudson? Ok. I can see why you'd make the argument. Its delusional, and inccorect, but ok. But you have tobunderstand, chattanooga would be going up against fordhams D. Fordham would be facing chattanoogas d.

Don't forget about L'carpetron Dookmarriot.

EDIT: j/k. It was Ibrahim Moizoos.

Bisonator
xrolleyesx

Yeah Chatty is more like UNI in that sense.....xcoffeex

clenz
November 17th, 2014, 02:04 PM
The Bison have PLENTY of team speed....especially on D.
They have speed, but they aren't "HOLY **** LOOK HOW FAST THEY ARE" fast, which is what chattown is saying matters.

NDSU is no faster than UNI is at any given position. Both are extremely fast, but likely not the fastest rosters in the nation.

Bison56
November 17th, 2014, 02:04 PM

Who?

FordhamRam2008
November 17th, 2014, 02:05 PM
But you have tobunderstand, chattanooga would be going up against fordhams D. Fordham would be facing chattanoogas d.

Oh. I wasn't aware that's how it works. Thanks

I wouldn't lose too much sleep about not being ranked higher in AGS. While the best poll out there - we will all see what happens with the seeding for the playoffs, where things actually matter.

Nickels
November 17th, 2014, 02:11 PM
It shouldn't matter. Here's my playoff bracket. Coastal Carolina is an alternate.:

[1] North Dakota State
Winner of [17] Western Illinois @ [16] Albany

[8] Indiana State
[9] William & Mary

[4] Villanova
Winner of [20] South Dakota @ [13] Delaware

[5] Northern Iowa
Winner of [21] Elon @ [12] Southern Illinois

[6] James Madison
Winner of [22] Rhode Island @ [11] Youngstown State

[3] Illinois State
Winner of [19] Towson @ [14] Maine

[7] Richmond
[10] South Dakota State

[2] New Hampshire
Winner of [18] Missouri State @ [15] Stony Brook

Did the SLC lose its AB recently?

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2014, 02:11 PM
They have speed, but they aren't "HOLY **** LOOK HOW FAST THEY ARE" fast, which is what chattown is saying matters.

NDSU is no faster than UNI is at any given position. Both are extremely fast, but likely not the fastest rosters in the nation.

Ok speed don't matter. Gotcha. How does fordhams dline compare with chattanoogas?

Cocky
November 17th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Who?
Don't know if trying to be funny or serious but all three are very good players.

Southern Bison
November 17th, 2014, 02:23 PM

Any GaSo fans out there to remind Chattown how "Southern Speed" did in 2011 & 2012 north of the Mason-Dixon Line?

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Any GaSo fans out there to remind Chattown how "Southern Speed" did in 2011 & 2012 north of the Mason-Dixon Line?

Georgia southern ran up down the field on yall last time you played. But I'm talking about offense. I'm talking about defense. I'm talking about chattanoogas defense, not georgia southerns. I'm not just talking about speed, I'm talking about a premier defense front. Most importantly, I'm not talking about ndsu. I'm talking about fordham. Stfu you brainless troll

Bison56
November 17th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Georgia southern ran up down the field on yall last time you played. But I'm talking about offense. I'm talking about defense. I'm talking about chattanoogas defense, not georgia southerns. I'm not just talking about speed, I'm talking about a premier defense front. Most importantly, I'm not talking about ndsu. I'm talking about fordham. Stfu you brainless troll

Not sure if that is English.

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2014, 02:36 PM
We don't have the raw talent that gaso team had offensifely. Jax state is similar, not us. But defensively, we are better than Gaso has been in at least a decade

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Not sure if that is English.

I messed up a few words. I missed a few words I left them out. But you can't read. you are so f****** stupid if you can read English you dumb ass idiot

Kemo
November 17th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Chattown, I was dubbed the "Champion of Chattanooga" by some Patriot League fans because I have had the Mocs rated significantly higher than Fordham for most of the year in my poll, and still do. However, your approach isn't going to win any supporters to your point of view.

Rule #1 of persuasive speech: Do not insult your audience. In invalidates your opinion in the mind of those you are trying to convince, regardless of how strong the evidence is to support your case.

kalm
November 17th, 2014, 02:41 PM
I messed up a few words. I missed a few words I left them out. But you can't read. you are so f****** stupid if you can read English you dumb ass idiot

Still not sure.

Bison56
November 17th, 2014, 02:41 PM

If you can read English you are stupid?

BisonFan02
November 17th, 2014, 02:42 PM
We don't have the raw talent that gaso team had offensifely. Jax state is similar, not us. But defensively, we are better than Gaso has been in at least a decade

NDSU D > Chatty D...... Emanuel > Tull.........deal with it.

superman7515
November 17th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Who?

Ibrahim Moizoos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODZzSOelss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT1nGjGM2p8

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2014, 02:49 PM

Take a knee Chattown. This emotional overacting is a bit tedious on the poll discussion.

blackbeard
November 17th, 2014, 02:54 PM

Obvious that you have never seen Fordham's receivers

- - - Updated - - -

No DOUBT

caribbeanhen
November 17th, 2014, 02:58 PM
I would still be voting North Dak State #1, but that's not to say they cant get beat again in the playoffs this year, I think they will but that playoff slapdown on UHN last year was humbling......

bluehenbillk
November 17th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Very good poll - I had 23/25 - Montana & NC A&T I didn't have

tribe_pride
November 17th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Did the SLC lose its AB recently?

Look a little closer at all of the teams he included in the playoffs. My biggest criticism was that he only included 22 instead of 24 teams.

bjtheflamesfan
November 17th, 2014, 04:34 PM

Umm 10-1 vs. 8-3 for starters...

NoDak 4 Ever
November 17th, 2014, 04:38 PM
I would still be voting North Dak State #1, but that's not to say they cant get beat again in the playoffs this year, I think they will but that playoff slapdown on UHN last year was humbling......

If they get a top seed, I'm booking my ticket to Frisco.

ccd494
November 17th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Look a little closer at all of the teams he included in the playoffs. My biggest criticism was that he only included 22 instead of 24 teams.

The CAA did its part by expanding to 12. The MVFC shorted it.

dewey
November 17th, 2014, 04:55 PM
It may just be different voters. I'm pretty sure the AGS voteing bloc is pretty fluid this time of year with some people missing a week here and there or other voters picking up or dropping off because their teams are or are not relevant.

That being said, I think some voters probably just dropped NDSU because they lost but then took a step back and really looked at who NDSU and UNH have beat and who they've lost to and realized that NDSU still has more quality wins and better quality wins overall.

I voted UNH #1 last week but I changed my vote for NDSU to be #1 this week after looking at the schedules. Just like you said above.

Dewey

dewey
November 17th, 2014, 04:59 PM
xrolleyesx

Would that be the vaunted Southern speed? I have heard about that for years and how it would decimate a Northern slow team.

Dewey

bjtheflamesfan
November 17th, 2014, 05:02 PM
Ok speed don't matter. Gotcha. How does fordhams dline compare with chattanoogas?

I'd have to do the numbers on tackles, TFL, sacks and a few other things but Id probably give the nod to Fordham at first blush

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 17th, 2014, 05:16 PM
The final 7-8 spots are tough....

4: Villanova Wildcats
6: Illinois State Redbirds
10: Fordham Rams -Nebrich hurt, again.....
11: Montana State Bobcats - If they beat the 'Griz they'll be a sneaky team to make a run....
12: Eastern Kentucky Colonels - I think they're legitimately pretty good, especially on offense....
13: South Dakota State Jackrabbits - they might be the most dangerous team come playoff time....
14: Harvard Crimson
15: James Madison Dukes - hottest team in the country?
16: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
17: Indiana State Sycamores
18: Yale Bulldogs
19: Sacred Heart Pioneers
20: Youngstown State Penguins -their free-fall was too predictable...
22: Bryant Bulldogs
23: Bucknell Bison
24: Montana Grizzlies
25: Richmond Spiders - the ship has nearly sunk....

Bison56
November 17th, 2014, 05:16 PM
I'd have to do the numbers on tackles, TFL, sacks and a few other things but Id probably give the nod to Fordham at first blush
Now you did it.

Gordon Shumway
November 17th, 2014, 05:42 PM
The only gripe I have with this poll is how NDSU is not #1. I just can't fathom how anyone's resume trumps NDSU, even with their loss to UNI. I am obviously a UNH fan, and would give the Cats a punchers chance against NDSU at Durham. But no way do I think they could beat them at Fargo or Frisco without Divine intervention. Of course, that goes for the rest of FCS going forward as well.

PantherRob82
November 17th, 2014, 05:50 PM

Southern speed!

- - - Updated - - -

We all hope so, as well, at this point.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 17th, 2014, 05:52 PM
The only gripe I have with this poll is how NDSU is not #1. I just can't fathom how anyone's resume trumps NDSU, even with their loss to UNI. I am obviously a UNH fan, and would give the Cats a punchers chance against NDSU at Durham. But no way do I think they could beat them at Fargo or Frisco without Divine intervention. Of course, that goes for the rest of FCS going forward as well.

While I completely agree with you, it will all work out at the end. No poll nor GPI matters on Selection Saturday. NDSU will be a top 2 seed and as we saw in 2011, that was good enough. Something very similar happened then with the late season loss to Youngstown State. I think they were #4 very similarly and ended up with the #2 seed and home field until Frisco.

Gordon Shumway
November 17th, 2014, 06:05 PM
While I completely agree with you, it will all work out at the end. No poll nor GPI matters on Selection Saturday. NDSU will be a top 2 seed and as we saw in 2011, that was good enough. Something very similar happened then with the late season loss to Youngstown State. I think they were #4 very similarly and ended up with the #2 seed and home field until Frisco.

That is all I care about at this point. #1 or #2 seed, it really doesn't matter. Either one is a road you have to go through to get to Frisco. xthumbsupx

UNIFanSince1983
November 17th, 2014, 06:17 PM
That is all I care about at this point. #1 or #2 seed, it really doesn't matter. Either one is a road you have to go through to get to Frisco. xthumbsupx

We took that road through Durham in 2005, but that was to Chattanooga at the time. xpeacex

Sader87
November 17th, 2014, 06:19 PM
I don't do the AGS poll as I see very little FCS football outside of the Northeast. I've seen some online but not enough to make a truly informed opinion.
I would doubt very few do, other than the truly maniacal or those paid to do so. I'm not saying people are "guessing here" about where to place these teams but as someone who has seen both Harvard and Bucknell more than a few times this year, anyone who had Bucknell rated ovah Harvard really hasn't seen these two teams enough this year. Again, that's just one of many examples...not to outright pick on the Bison. Though I do enjoy doing so. xdrunkyx

Gordon Shumway
November 17th, 2014, 06:31 PM
We took that road through Durham in 2005, but that was to Chattanooga at the time. xpeacex

And yes, that was 2005. Doesn't matter how many times it doesn't work, I'd still rather have the home games.

Panther-State
November 17th, 2014, 06:48 PM
I know I only joined 2 weeks ago...but the fact that Chattown can poll and I can't really sucks. This guy is a few bolts short.

Engineer86
November 17th, 2014, 06:55 PM

SoCon is a crap league this year, you beat no one significant.

Engineer86
November 17th, 2014, 07:02 PM

While I am not trying to build a strong case for Bucknell, they also beat NEC champ Sacred Heart along with the bad remainder of the Patriot League (read every socon team other than Chatty)

Engineer86
November 17th, 2014, 07:09 PM
guess what? It's still better than the Patriot League by leaps and bounds. Its not even debatable. Not even debatable

Seems like there is a debate going on to me. Your on one side and anyone on on the other side is a dumb ****ing **** **** who doesn't know **** about ****. Those stupid ***** ***** ***** *** *****!!!!!!!!!!!!xbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxrolleyesxxro lleyesxxrolleyesx

Skycop27
November 17th, 2014, 07:11 PM
My very unofficial poll (that be called my opinion):

#1 NDSU
#2 UNH
#3 EWU
#4 JSU
#5 VIL
#6 CCU
#7 ISU
#8a NIU
#8b JMU
#9-24 don't care

kalm
November 17th, 2014, 07:16 PM

#1 NDSU
#2 UNH
#3 EWU
#4 JSU
#5 VIL
#6 CCU
#7 ISU
#8a NIU
#8b JMU
#9-24 don't care

That's a damn fine poll

Skycop27
November 17th, 2014, 07:24 PM
That's a damn fine poll

Why thank you. The enemy of my enemy is my brother :)

Engineer86
November 17th, 2014, 07:31 PM
I know I only joined 2 weeks ago...but the fact that Chattown can poll and I can't really sucks. This guy is a few bolts short.

Welcome, but how dare you denigrate Chattown you ***** ****ing **** **** *** ****. Don't you know better. Seriously though welcome.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Why thank you. The enemy of my enemy is my brother :)

We don't have an NIU though.

Engineer86
November 17th, 2014, 07:35 PM

#1 NDSU
#2 UNH
#3 EWU
#4 JSU
#5 VIL
#6 CCU
#7 ISU
#8a NIU
#8b JMU
#9-24 don't care

Not bad. I have to give the nod to UNI though

Skycop27
November 17th, 2014, 07:54 PM
Welcome, but how dare you denigrate Chattown you ***** ****ing **** **** *** ****. Don't you know better. Seriously though welcome.

We all know polls are meaningless. But if you somehow spear the Bison in that dome
of theirs, the Jack Daniels is on me!

Southern Bison
November 17th, 2014, 08:26 PM

The boy's hitting legendary status in his 1st month!! xthumbsupx

frozennorth
November 17th, 2014, 08:47 PM
Ursus I would never call you a fraud! I was just very surpriseisd to see that voting and if moving NDSU was reactionary due to a loss and then a week later more analysis was done on resume comparison, that is disappointing.ndsu also showed that that loss wasnt a trend and that it was still the kind of team that can give a 6th team now it's worst fcs loss this season.

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2014, 08:57 PM
Chattanooga is who I said they were. Time to dominate.

PantherRob82
November 17th, 2014, 08:59 PM
Here's my poll:

6: Northern Iowa Panthers
9: Illinois State Redbirds
10: Montana State Bobcats
11: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
13: Indiana State Sycamores
14: James Madison Dukes
15: Harvard Crimson
19: Richmond Spiders
20: Chattanooga Mocs
21: Idaho State Bengals
22: Sam Houston State Bearkats
23: William & Mary Tribe
25: North Carolina A&T Aggies

Theee Catrabbit
November 17th, 2014, 09:00 PM
Not bad, I was curious if I would be out alone putting Sacred Heart back into my poll, but I guess not. Here's mine:

2: Illinois State Redbirds
3: North Dakota State Bison
4: Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
6: Eastern Washington Eagles
9: Eastern Kentucky Colonels
10: Northern Iowa Panthers
11: James Madison Dukes
15: Chattanooga Mocs
17: Harvard Crimson
19: Bucknell Bison
20: Bryant Bulldogs
21: North Carolina A&T Aggies
22: Cal Poly Mustangs
23: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
25: Bethune-Cookman Wildcats
So South Dakota State beats 3 teams you have ranked higher than them. 2 of them without their starting QB. Check. Ill. State above NDSU. Are you on the selection committee as well?

UNIFanSince1983
November 17th, 2014, 09:35 PM
So South Dakota State beats 3 teams you have ranked higher than them. 2 of them without their starting QB. Check. Ill. State above NDSU. Are you on the selection committee as well?

He also has UNI ranked lower than 2 teams they beat.

No_Skill
November 17th, 2014, 09:55 PM
He also has UNI ranked lower than 2 teams they beat.

...and above teams who beat them.

superman7515
November 17th, 2014, 09:59 PM
We don't have an NIU though.

He was saying those 7 teams are better than MAC West champs Northern Illinois and it's a toss up between them and JMU.

BlueHenSinfonian
November 17th, 2014, 10:27 PM

Illinois State and NDSU both have one loss, both to the same team, and Illinois State played them closer. NDSU has the FBS win, but Illinois State has the win of YSU, though NDSU plays them next week. It's a close call, could go either way. Illinois state is 5-1 vs ranked teams, NDSU is 4-1, both impressive, but I gave Illinois State the slight edge.

UNI has the win over NDSU, played Indiana State close, beat Illinois State, and came within a field goal beating Hawaii. Indiana State has wins against YSU and UNI, and played Illinois State very close. Cal Poly is pretty close to SDSU, that ranking really could have gone either way. Indiana State is 4-3 vs ranked teams, Cal Poly is 2-1, SDSU is 3-3, so both of them have a better win-loss ratio vs ranked teams.

BisonFan02
November 17th, 2014, 10:44 PM
Illinois State and NDSU both have one loss, both to the same team, and Illinois State played them closer. NDSU has the FBS win, but Illinois State has the win of YSU, though NDSU plays them next week. It's a close call, could go either way. Illinois state is 5-1 vs ranked teams, NDSU is 4-1, both impressive, but I gave Illinois State the slight edge.

UNI has the win over NDSU, played Indiana State close, beat Illinois State, and came within a field goal beating Hawaii. Indiana State has wins against YSU and UNI, and played Illinois State very close. Cal Poly is pretty close to SDSU, that ranking really could have gone either way. Indiana State is 4-3 vs ranked teams, Cal Poly is 2-1, SDSU is 3-3, so both of them have a better win-loss ratio vs ranked teams.

NDSU also has a FBS win and an OOC win over Montana while ISUr has OOC wins over Miss Valley St...Austin Peay and E. Illinois....and only an 11 game schedule.

URMite
November 17th, 2014, 10:54 PM
Would that be the vaunted Southern speed? I have heard about that for years and how it would decimate a Northern slow team.

Dewey

If you really wanted to test that theory the Bison should visit Tuscaloosa when the Tide is having a good year.
xpeacex

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2014, 11:09 PM
If you really wanted to test that theory the Bison should visit Tuscaloosa when the Tide is having a good year.
xpeacex

Yes of course that makes sense because the schools are playing at the same level and all. Let's go ahead and compare the apples to other apples because when people round these parts are talking bout their southern speed they don''t have Alabama's roster...even if they like to pretend.

centennial
November 17th, 2014, 11:09 PM
xpeacex
No one in their right mind claims NDSU can take down bama. The difference is much much more than speed. That being said, I would want to see that game even if we lost by 30.

BisonFan02
November 17th, 2014, 11:14 PM
Yes of course that makes sense because the schools are playing at the same level and all. Let's go ahead and compare the apples to other apples because when people round these parts are talking bout their southern speed they don''t have Alabama's roster...even if they like to pretend.

What's amazing is I keep seeing these really fast, high power offenses get beat badly by the lateral speed and pursuit of the Bison D...and the Bison O isn't exactly a slouch either sans our WRs struggling at times to get separation/open. :D

chattownmocs
November 18th, 2014, 12:37 AM

Its apples to apples. North dakota state is getting the very best players in their region. Alabama is getting many of the bestnin theirs. There are no fbs programs recruiting the dakotas and barely any recruiting minnesota etc. Apples to oranges is sam houston who is lucky to get the 500th best player in texas.

mvemjsunpx
November 18th, 2014, 12:58 AM
(previous week in parentheses)

1. New Hampshire (1)
2. Jacksonville St. (2)
3. North Dakota St. (3)
4. Coastal Carolina (4)
5. Villanova (5)
6. Illinois St. (6)
7. Eastern Washington (7)
8. Tennessee-Chattanooga (8)
9. Fordham (9)
10. Northern Iowa (13)
11. South Dakota St. (19)
12. James Madison (16)
13. Montana St. (17)
14. Southeastern Louisiana (18)
15. Eastern Kentucky (15)
16. Indiana St. (20)
17. Youngstown St. (10)
18. Montana (22)
19. Idaho St. (12)
20. William & Mary (NR)
21. Richmond (11)
22. Sam Houston St. (25)
23. Charleston Southern (NR)
24. Alcorn St. (NR)
25. Liberty (14)

W - James Madison(?)
L - Cal Poly

Dropped - Cal Poly (21); Bethune-Cookman (23); Southern Illinois (24)

CappinHard
November 18th, 2014, 01:01 AM
Its apples to apples. North dakota state is getting the very best players in their region. Alabama is getting many of the bestnin theirs. There are no fbs programs recruiting the dakotas and barely any recruiting minnesota etc. Apples to oranges is sam houston who is lucky to get the 500th best player in texas.

Do you really believe yourself or are you just trying to defend your point for the sake of not wanting to be incorrect? Why do you think Bama doesn't recruit up North? If they wanted a player from up here, they would come get him without a problem. There is a huge difference and there is no way around it. End of story.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2014, 01:17 AM

No, it isn't. The talk ON HERE about Southern speed comes from those schools on here...like SHSU, McNeese, whoever comes out of the SoCon, etc.

The rest of the argument you make isn't really worth going into because it's a specious argument at best.

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2014, 01:41 AM

http://gifsb.in/thumbs-up/chuck-norris.gif

thebootfitter
November 18th, 2014, 02:41 AM
And to think that last season I started to think that you could actually be a pretty reasonable character when you tried.

URMite
November 18th, 2014, 07:09 AM

The little emoticon was an attempt to indicate it was a joke. But...

30 years ago in the Yankee conference what I observed was that the northern teams emphasized size and the southern teams emphasized speed. Both were sucessful. We seems to emphasize strength over mobility when we first started to find our niche.

10 years ago even the conferences had priorities. The SoCon was rushing offense, the Big Sky was passing offense, The CAA was defense, and The MVFC was the most balanced.

Nowadays, with the much better facilities plus national connectivity, the differences are much smaller overall.

Thumper 76
November 18th, 2014, 07:35 AM

I spose I see your logic, but with how badly SDSU beat Cal Poly and Indy St, added to how they beat UNI at the unidome, something that ndsu and Ill St couldn't do, they are barely squeezing in to your top 25.

UNIFanSince1983
November 18th, 2014, 07:51 AM
...and above teams who beat them.

That was my whole point. At some point you look at an entire resume and rank teams that way. You can't just say well we beat them and they are ranked ahead of us. Especially this late in the season. I mean Ole Miss beat Alabama should they still be ranked ahead of them?

UNIFanSince1983
November 18th, 2014, 07:53 AM
Do you really believe yourself or are you just trying to defend your point for the sake of not wanting to be incorrect? Why do you think Bama doesn't recruit up North? If they wanted a player from up here, they would come get him without a problem. There is a huge difference and there is no way around it. End of story.

They actually came and took the best lineman in Iowa last year. He was originally committed to Iowa and then Saban and Alabama came calling and he went to Alabama instead.

Cocky
November 18th, 2014, 08:46 AM
If you do the dont rank a team over someone they loss to, wouldn't CCU and Harvard have to be 1 and 2 and most everyone else tied for 3?

jmrepak
November 18th, 2014, 08:59 AM
If you do the dont rank a team over someone they loss to, wouldn't CCU and Harvard have to be 1 and 2 and most everyone else tied for 3?
No because they haven't played the teams ranked ahead of them.

Cocky
November 18th, 2014, 09:17 AM
No because they haven't played the teams ranked ahead of them.
Everybody will tied for first then.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2014, 10:42 AM
The little emoticon was an attempt to indicate it was a joke. But...

30 years ago in the Yankee conference what I observed was that the northern teams emphasized size and the southern teams emphasized speed. Both were sucessful. We seems to emphasize strength over mobility when we first started to find our niche.

10 years ago even the conferences had priorities. The SoCon was rushing offense, the Big Sky was passing offense, The CAA was defense, and The MVFC was the most balanced.

Nowadays, with the much better facilities plus national connectivity, the differences are much smaller overall.

Gotcha. Totally agree. Saw emoticon but delivery was such that it didn't get taken as humor.

Rjones61
November 18th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Aaand EWU punished for their bye week. Smh

caribbeanhen
November 18th, 2014, 04:08 PM
If they get a top seed, I'm booking my ticket to Frisco.

I would of figured you already moved down that way....