November 16th, 2014, 11:12 AM
thoughts?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2014, 11:15 AM
shakes head

FargoBison
November 16th, 2014, 11:15 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2k-imgCQAETBJZ.jpg

I like it, showcase a great rivalry. Would be cool to see them go to Lehigh-Lafayette or The Brawl someday as well.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Un-freaking believable!! Had Lafayette-Lehigh been in Easton, they would have come to us!

IBleedYellow
November 16th, 2014, 11:18 AM
shakes head
No way should it go to Lehigh vs Pards this year.

This is a great choice, both teams and good this year. (Yale and Harvard)

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

LehighU11
November 16th, 2014, 11:20 AM
The logistics weren't ideal for GameDay making an appearance in NYC. Hardly any students would have been on site at 9 AM. I'm sure that was a major factor in their decision, along with Harvard-Yale having championship implications and Lehigh-Lafayette being a matchup of two lousy teams.

It would have been nice to see them make an appearance, but I wouldn't have wanted to see them at Lafayette either had they not moved the game to Yankee Stadium. Lehigh would have never heard the end of that.

JSUBison
November 16th, 2014, 11:22 AM
The Ivy presidents should decline it. Because of tradition. Or missed class time. Segregation. Whatever.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2014, 11:25 AM
No way should it go to Lehigh vs Pards this year.

This is a great choice, both teams and good this year. (Yale and Harvard)

The quality of the match-up has nothing to do with it... Incarnate Word and Delaware State... ?

And yes, it should not go to Pards-Lehigh this year... broadcasting from Yankee Stadium negates the entire college game day experience.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2014, 11:26 AM
The logistics weren't ideal for GameDay making an appearance in NYC. Hardly any students would have been on site at 9 AM. I'm sure that was a major factor in their decision, along with Harvard-Yale having championship implications and Lehigh-Lafayette being a matchup of two lousy teams.

It would have been nice to see them make an appearance, but I wouldn't have wanted to see them at Lafayette either had they not moved the game to Yankee Stadium. Lehigh would have never heard the end of that.

Meanwhile, we still play at your place next year, and we don't have a home game from 2012 through 2016... idiots.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 16th, 2014, 11:27 AM
The Ivy presidents should decline it. Because of tradition. Or missed class time. Segregation. Whatever.

This. They are Division IAA because FCS requires a championship.

I hope they talk at length about how these are basically DIII programs if not for the Dayton Rule.

FargoBison
November 16th, 2014, 11:29 AM
This. They are Division IAA because FCS requires a championship.

I hope they talk at length about how these are basically DIII programs if not for the Dayton Rule.

Why would they talk about something that isn't true?

The Ivy is not the PFL

NoDak 4 Ever
November 16th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Why would they talk about something that isn't true?

The Ivy is not the PFL

Sure it is. They don't offer athletic scholarships and they don't participate in the post season. They don't schedule outside their "peer group" or whatever the elitists want to call them.

How are they different than a DIII team besides the fact that DIII teams will schedule up if they can.

Bill
November 16th, 2014, 11:35 AM
No Dak - check out Harvard, Yale, and Princeton's financial aid policies. Crappy scheduling and no playoffs aside, these teams are light years away from DIII.

danefan
November 16th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Sure it is. They don't offer athletic scholarships and they don't participate in the post season. They don't schedule outside their "peer group" or whatever the elitists want to call them.

How are they different than a DIII team besides the fact that DIII teams will schedule up if they can.

Well their talent level is significantly higher than DIII but otherwise they're not any different.

danefan
November 16th, 2014, 11:36 AM

No Dak - check out Harvard, Yale, and Princeton's financial aid policies. Crappy scheduling and no playoffs aside, these teams are light years away from DIII.

Those financial aid policies have zero to do with athletics although the athletic programs do take advantage just like the science program.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 16th, 2014, 11:37 AM

Do they provide athletic scholarships? Neither do DIII schools.

FargoBison
November 16th, 2014, 11:37 AM

How are they different than a DIII team?

I would be fine about them talking about how they are elitists and their misguided president's won't let them compete in the FCS playoffs.

But they are way better than DIII, these schools get good athletes and are really solid.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 16th, 2014, 11:44 AM
I would be fine about them talking about how they are elitists and their misguided president's won't let them compete in the FCS playoffs.

But they are way better than DIII, these schools get good athletes and are really solid.

How do we know? They don't play anybody.

FargoBison
November 16th, 2014, 11:48 AM

From time to time the select group of non-conference opponents they play are decent and some teams do pass the eye test when I watch them. Yale did beat an FBS team this year.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Do they provide athletic scholarships? Neither do DIII schools.

Here we go... another Ivy debate... no they don't offer scholarships *wink* *wink*... However, most of the kids are getting full rides or significant tuition because the aid threshold is so high... it's this way with Jane Economics student as well. Many of the Harvard players, for example, are getting recruited by top FCS programs... one kid from Harvard had offers from Stanford and Boise State... a Princeton kid had an offer from Florida. The only exception to this notion is Columbia... definitely D-III.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2014, 11:49 AM
From time to time the select group of non-conference opponents they play are decent and some teams do pass the eye test when I watch them. Yale did beat an FBS team this year.

And last year, Yale won AT Cal Poly in convincing fashion.

IBleedYellow
November 16th, 2014, 11:50 AM
The quality of the match-up has nothing to do with it... Incarnate Word and Delaware State... ?

And yes, it should not go to Pards-Lehigh this year... broadcasting from Yankee Stadium negates the entire college game day experience.
Lehigh sucks this year.

I'm looking forward to when they go to the game when the Pards host it.

;)

Sader87
November 16th, 2014, 11:52 AM

I don't completely disagree but Yale has won at Cal-Poly and against Army in back to back seasons, UPenn plays Nova regularly, Dartmouth played UNH this year etc etc

Harvard and Princeton are the two schools that have really ducked very tough OOC games ovah the last decade or so.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Lehigh sucks this year.

I'm looking forward to when they go to the game when the Pards host it.

;)

Yeah... whenever that will be... we DID have the first-ever college football game broadcast on ESPN2 back in the day...

Go Green
November 16th, 2014, 12:28 PM
thoughts?

Why are they going to Yale?

The Game is at Harvard.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Why are they going to Yale?

The Game is at Harvard.

Shhh... it's another Yale prank.

Franks Tanks
November 16th, 2014, 12:42 PM

Stop posting. Harvard and Yale get kids every year who have multiple FCS, and many times FBS offers. I had a conversation with an asst. coach at a prominent FCS program recently. He said if a kid they are recruiting gets an offer from Yale or Harvard (or Princeton) he says congrats and moves on.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop posting. Harvard and Yale get kids every year who have multiple FCS, and many times FBS offers. I had a conversation with an asst. coach at a prominent FCS program recently. He said if a kid they are recruiting gets an offer from Yale or Harvard (or Princeton) he says congrats and moves on.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 16th, 2014, 12:44 PM
It's a shame that Game Day will not be at #150...

But, they will make it sooner rather than later. Perhaps next year when LU gets back to its winning ways and the game is at Goodman. A stage overlooking the south EZ would look great on TV.....

GAD
November 16th, 2014, 12:52 PM
xthumbsupxGREAT!

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2014, 12:56 PM
It's a shame that Game Day will not be at #150...

But, they will make it sooner rather than later. Perhaps next year when LU gets back to its winning ways and the game is at Goodman. A stage overlooking the south EZ would look great on TV.....

That's right... it's all about Lehigh... xcoffeex

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 16th, 2014, 01:02 PM
That's right... it's all about Lehigh... xcoffeex

Well, maybe they'll be at a huge Temple-Cincinnati AAC battle at the Linc instead that weekend...xdrunkyx

Either way, it's a 50-50 shot that Game Day would come to Lehigh. The Hawks just have a better chance of being good :D...

bulldog10jw
November 16th, 2014, 01:09 PM
thoughts?

Actually, college game day is going to Harvard

NoDak 4 Ever
November 16th, 2014, 01:41 PM

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You mad, bro?

Sader87
November 16th, 2014, 01:52 PM
As much as Lafayette-Lehigh is a storied rivalry....if you're being honest with yourself, it pales in the national consciousness to the Harvard-Yale rivalry.

Not sayin' that's right or wrong....just sayin'

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2014, 02:26 PM
As much as Lafayette-Lehigh is a storied rivalry....if you're being honest with yourself, it pales in the national consciousness to the Harvard-Yale rivalry.

Not sayin' that's right or wrong....just sayin'

True, but our game is a milestone event. It's not on campus: campus broadcasts are the hallmark of the show.

Southern Bison
November 16th, 2014, 02:31 PM
You mad, bro?
You stupid?

I'm glad that the majority of AGS is realizing how much of a waste of bandwidth you are.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 16th, 2014, 02:32 PM
You stupid?

I'm glad that the majority of AGS is realizing how much of a waste of bandwidth you are.

Aw, I knew you had an alert on me.

Southern Bison
November 16th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Only when you post something stupid...so all the time.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 16th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Only when you post something stupid...so all the time.

All right, I'm not going to participate in your slapfight. Your personal problem with me aside, what I said was valid

The Boogie Down
November 16th, 2014, 03:15 PM
The Ivies might get Lee Corso but the PL gets that cool AGS logo and special thread link!

Engineer86
November 16th, 2014, 03:37 PM

Money and lots of it. Just because they don't call them athletic scholarships does not mean they are not giving a lot of money when they need to get a guy they want.

Ivytalk
November 16th, 2014, 03:40 PM
I'm happy to hear that Gameday is coming to Harvard, although it may be a jinx. I think they did the Harvard-Penn game from Philly in 2002, and Penn blew us out.

That said, Puck Fenn.

Fowler will be cool, Herbie will be out of his element, and Corso will put on a Dartmouth hat with a beer bong on it.

Pard4Life
November 16th, 2014, 03:47 PM
I'm happy to hear that Gameday is coming to Harvard, although it may be a jinx. I think they did the Harvard-Penn game from Philly in 2002, and Penn blew us out.

That said, Puck Fenn.

Fowler will be cool, Herbie will be out of his element, and Corso will put on a Dartmouth hat with a beer bong on it.

KEEGGGYYY!!!

http://pointsadhsblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/medium_keggyback2009.jpg

Lehigh Football Nation
November 16th, 2014, 04:40 PM
It's all Lafayette's fault. Somehow, it's Lafayette's fault. Everything is!

kdinva
November 16th, 2014, 04:47 PM

xlmaox

kdinva
November 16th, 2014, 04:48 PM

Herbie will take a sick day, no doubt......xslapfightx

TennBison
November 16th, 2014, 04:50 PM
It's all Lafayette's fault. Somehow, it's Lafayette's fault. Everything is!
So you guys are the ones responsible for Obama!!!

IBleedYellow
November 16th, 2014, 04:55 PM
Man, if there is one thing I learned about Herbie is he likes good football and crazy fans.

Go Green
November 16th, 2014, 05:17 PM
KEEGGGYYY!!!

http://pointsadhsblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/medium_keggyback2009.jpg

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Pard4Life again.

taper
November 16th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Money and lots of it. Just because they don't call them athletic scholarships does not mean they are not giving a lot of money when they need to get a guy they want.

Completely honest question with no agenda, if a player leaves the team but continues their degree at the school does the scholarship remain? Does this vary among schools?

Engineer86
November 16th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Completely honest question with no agenda, if a player leaves the team but continues their degree at the school does the scholarship remain? Does this vary among schools?

I think so because it it not an athletic scholarship, but I am not sure.

Crimson Dad Leopard Grad
November 17th, 2014, 07:36 AM
I think so because it it not an athletic scholarship, but I am not sure.

The financial aid package stays in place regardless of athletic status