PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 12

superman7515
November 15th, 2014, 10:07 PM
After three straight weeks of at least three losses in the Top 10, they finally (for the most part) held it together. Six teams in the Top 25 lost this week, and Cal Poly vs Cal Davis is still being played with Cal Davis up 31-21 at this moment, so we could see 7 losses in the Top 25. Two teams in the Top 25, Idaho State and McNeese State, were likely eliminated from playoff contention as they can no longer reach seven D1 wins. South Dakota State and Montana kept themselves in contention, but Liberty put themselves in a win-or-go-home game for the Big South title against undefeated Coastal Carolina next weekend.

For the most part, all of the games are complete with recaps, the lone exception being the late game involving #25 Cal Poly which is still in progress. Just thought I'd get this out a little early for those who are home from their games and starting to put together their notes for their ballots this week.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtKAORz8z6vdFgzMHp6cDVOdnJBQTBvczk0cy1jR EE&usp=sharing

For anyone who doesn't remember:
Green - Reached our magical seven D1 win threshold (There are several green this week, so there are two shades of green. The color doesn't mean anything, just an attempt to help you see a little easier from one line to the next)
Yellow - Must win out to reach seven D1 wins
Red - Can't reach seven D1 wins this season

Yes, I know it's not a hard and fast rule, but we've all seen that it does play a part. As always, if you see any errors, please let me know so that I can get that changed ASAP, and thank you for making "How They Fared" the number 1 tool on AGS for filling out your brackets each week.

dudeitsaid
November 15th, 2014, 10:23 PM
After three straight weeks of at least three losses in the Top 10, they finally (for the most part) held it together. Six teams in the Top 25 lost this week, and Cal Poly vs Cal Davis is still being played with Cal Davis up 31-21 at this moment, so we could see 7 losses in the Top 25. Two teams in the Top 25, Idaho State and McNeese State, were likely eliminated from playoff contention as they can no longer reach seven D1 wins. South Dakota State and Montana kept themselves in contention, but Liberty put themselves in a win-or-go-home game for the Big South title against undefeated Coastal Carolina next weekend.

For the most part, all of the games are complete with recaps, the lone exception being the late game involving #25 Cal Poly which is still in progress. Just thought I'd get this out a little early for those who are home from their games and starting to put together their notes for their ballots this week.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtKAORz8z6vdFgzMHp6cDVOdnJBQTBvczk0cy1jR EE&usp=sharing

For anyone who doesn't remember:
Green - Reached our magical seven D1 win threshold (There are several green this week, so there are two shades of green. The color doesn't mean anything, just an attempt to help you see a little easier from one line to the next)
Yellow - Must win out to reach seven D1 wins
Red - Can't reach seven D1 wins this season

Yes, I know it's not a hard and fast rule, but we've all seen that it does play a part. As always, if you see any errors, please let me know so that I can get that changed ASAP, and thank you for making "How They Fared" the number 1 tool on AGS for filling out your brackets each week.

Freaking amazing job, seriously!

One thing that could be cool is to have another color for 8 or more D1 wins, as a lot of people think that will be a pretty critical factor in 12 game season at large selection. Not that we can't look it up ourselves, but having this resource all in one place is pretty dang handy!

superman7515
November 15th, 2014, 10:24 PM
Freaking amazing job, seriously!

One thing that could be cool is to have another color for 8 or more D1 wins, as a lot of people think that will be a pretty critical factor in 12 game season at large selection. Not that we can't look it up ourselves, but having this resource all in one place is pretty dang handy!

If you just scroll over to the right, the next to last column tells you how many D1 wins each team has.

dudeitsaid
November 15th, 2014, 10:26 PM
If you just scroll over to the right, the next to last column tells you how many D1 wins each team has.

Wow! I am blind! I have never seen that before. That's awesome! Once again, thanks for doing this.

rokamortis
November 16th, 2014, 06:08 AM
Thanks Supes

caribbeanhen
November 16th, 2014, 06:28 AM
Superman has earned his username over and over again...

RabidRabbit
November 16th, 2014, 07:24 AM
Superman has earns his username over and over again...

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Ex Pat
November 16th, 2014, 07:39 AM
The NDSU/MO ST game was in springfield not fargo, besides that it looks pretty right on!

penguinpower
November 16th, 2014, 07:40 AM
Youngstown fumbled the ball 3 times and the coach likely fumbled away his contract as well. I think Youngstown will exercise the buyout option. I expect a blow out loss against NDSU.

superman7515
November 16th, 2014, 09:23 AM
The NDSU/MO ST game was in springfield not fargo, besides that it looks pretty right on!

Thanks for the heads up Pat. Updated that and added the link to the Cal Davis/Cal Poly recap. Just checked Sagarin and it still has not been updated, so just a reminder that as long as you see the *** beside the Sagarin rankings, that does not include the games just played.

Bison56
November 16th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Bump

superman7515
November 16th, 2014, 01:43 PM
Sagarin ratings have been updated to include the games played this weekend.

dgtw
November 16th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Superman has earned his username over and over again...

He is a newspaper reporter. I expect nothing less from a professional journalist.

superman7515
November 16th, 2014, 06:31 PM
So at the beginning of the season, there were too many teams for too few spots. Now with only one week left in the regular season, I'm struggling to find teams worth putting on my ballot.

GoAgs72
November 16th, 2014, 06:42 PM
This is an excellent weekly tool for voters and fans. Keep up the good work. It looks like you have every other college name right, but why do you insist on calling UC Davis by the name "Cal Davis" which is incorrect?

superman7515
November 16th, 2014, 06:43 PM
This is an excellent weekly tool for voters and fans. Keep up the good work. It looks like you have every other college name right, but why do you insist on calling UC Davis by the name "Cal Davis" which is incorrect?

Because I had UC Davis a few weeks ago and someone sent me a PM complaining it was Cal Davis, so I changed it, haha. I don't care what you call yourselves, but someone pick a name and run with it, haha.

jmrepak
November 16th, 2014, 06:52 PM
I'm thinking NCA&T should be getting close to the top 25 and Liberty should drop to the bottom of it of they stay in. William and Mary probably gets back in as well. I'm not a voter, but that's just a thought.

GoAgs72
November 16th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Because I had UC Davis a few weeks ago and someone sent me a PM complaining it was Cal Davis, so I changed it, haha. I don't care what you call yourselves, but someone pick a name and run with it, haha.

The official name is UC Davis. That's from someone who graduated from UC Davis and worked for them for 35 years.

What’s in a name (not hyphens and periods, that’s for sure)
The correct references for
UC Davis are "University of California, Davis" or "UC Davis". Please note that there are NO hyphens or periods in either reference. Incorrect references include "UC-Davis", "California- Davis", "UCD", "Cal-Davis", "U.C.-Davis", "U C Davis" and "U.C. Davis". Heck, we even saw one reference to "U.C.-David"... Now that’s taking it a little bit too far... UC Davis appreciates your help in properly referring to the campus... UC Davis is part of the 10-campus University of California system which also includes institutions such as UCLA, UC Berkeley (i.e., Cal), UC Santa Barbara, UC Irvine and UC Riverside.

Engineer86
November 16th, 2014, 07:26 PM
So at the beginning of the season, there were too many teams for too few spots. Now with only one week left in the regular season, I'm struggling to find teams worth putting on my ballot.

I felt the same way. I also just tried to come up with 13 worthy at large teams and got down to teams I would have said No Way before I actually looked at it.

clenz
November 16th, 2014, 08:20 PM
The official name is UC Davis. That's from someone who graduated from UC Davis and worked for them for 35 years.

What’s in a name (not hyphens and periods, that’s for sure)
The correct references for
UC Davis are "University of California, Davis" or "UC Davis". Please note that there are NO hyphens or periods in either reference. Incorrect references include "UC-Davis", "California- Davis", "UCD", "Cal-Davis", "U.C.-Davis", "U C Davis" and "U.C. Davis". Heck, we even saw one reference to "U.C.-David"... Now that’s taking it a little bit too far... UC Davis appreciates your help in properly referring to the campus... UC Davis is part of the 10-campus University of California system which also includes institutions such as UCLA, UC Berkeley (i.e., Cal), UC Santa Barbara, UC Irvine and UC Riverside.

So... Technically Cal Davis isn't incorrect

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

superman7515
November 16th, 2014, 08:40 PM
So... Technically Cal Davis isn't incorrect

Apparently. You'll note it says "Incorrect references include" and goes on to list those incorrect references, but it neither says Cal Davis is incorrect, nor does it say "includes but not limited to," so judging from what the school put out itself, I am only left to believe that Cal Davis is acceptable, as long as I don't hyphenate it.

clenz
November 16th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Apparently. You'll note it says "Incorrect references include" and goes on to list those incorrect references, but it neither says Cal Davis is incorrect, nor does it say "includes but not limited to," so judging from what the school put out itself, I am only left to believe that Cal Davis is acceptable, as long as I don't hyphenate it.
I've bear Cal Berkley used by high ranking officials at Cal Berkley.

If it's good enough for them is good enough for little Davis

GoAgs72
November 17th, 2014, 12:21 AM
I've bear Cal Berkley used by high ranking officials at Cal Berkley.

If it's good enough for them is good enough for little Davis

Guess it is as correct as Bison University, Missoula State and North Iowa.

gotts
November 17th, 2014, 02:00 AM
Guess it is as correct as Bison University, Missoula State and North Iowa.

When does Cal Ripken join the system? :D

profisme
November 17th, 2014, 08:54 AM
When does Cal Ripken join the system? :D

The day they allow Cal Eldred to also be included... not to be confused with Kal-El (which would obviously not be correct based on the previous posts).

Fordham
November 17th, 2014, 08:58 AM
another big note of thanks to sup for his work here all season long. great stuff. an amazing help

BisonBacker
November 17th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Ditto on the thanks and one last bump.