PDA

View Full Version : Cal Poly's Playoff Chances.

Peems
November 11th, 2006, 04:48 PM
After what NDSU just did to them, what do you think their chances of a playoff berth are?

youwouldno
November 11th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Not good.

PantherRob82
November 11th, 2006, 04:49 PM
I would say they are on the outside looking in. We could be joining them. Unless of course the Hilltoppers can beat the Penguins to give us one more chance.

CCU97
November 11th, 2006, 04:52 PM
The outside looking in but if teams keep losing they could get back into it next week.....

Peems
November 11th, 2006, 04:53 PM
assuming Portland State wins and assuming Cal Poly wins next week, who gets in. PSU or Cal Poly?

downbythebeach
November 11th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Do they have seven wins yet?

furmanbob
November 11th, 2006, 04:54 PM
they can't reach seven DI wins

X-Factor
November 11th, 2006, 04:55 PM
well, considering they have no possible way to reach the 7 DI wins, I don't think they have a chance: smh :

X-Factor
November 11th, 2006, 04:55 PM
assuming Portland State wins and assuming Cal Poly wins next week, who gets in. PSU or Cal Poly?

definately PSU over Cal Poly. PSU has played a far tougher schedule

MplsBison
November 11th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Assuming Portland State beats Sac State, there is no way San Diego should get in over PSU. PSU's losses have been to Oregon, Cal, and 6 points to Montana.

Tod
November 11th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Assuming Portland State beats Sac State, there is no way San Diego should get in over PSU. PSU's losses have been to Oregon, Cal, and 6 points to Montana.

They lost to Montana State, too.

Uncle Buck
November 11th, 2006, 05:07 PM
slim and none, but slim just left the building. I say, NDSU should go

MplsBison
November 11th, 2006, 05:09 PM
They lost to Montana State, too.

Yup.

Still think they should get it over SD.

November 11th, 2006, 05:11 PM
... I say, NDSU should goMe too! Go win the GWFC!

Ronbo
November 11th, 2006, 05:39 PM
They won't change the rules.

Cal Poly has zip chance now. No teams from the big bad Great West. And their old Conference mate got a rude awakening to how hard it is to win BSC games this year. It's a battle game in and game out in Conference play.

Bison05
November 11th, 2006, 05:41 PM
They won't change the rules.

Cal Poly has zip chance now. No teams from the big bad Great West. And their old Conference mate got a rude awakening to how hard it is to win BSC games this year. It's a battle game in and game out in Conference play.

You do realize that UNC sucked in the Great West. xidiotx SUU only had one win last year and that was against UNC.

MplsBison
November 11th, 2006, 05:41 PM
You're using UNC as a measuring stick for how NDSU, SDSU, Davis, and Poly would do in the Big Sky?

Bulls**t.

Bison06
November 11th, 2006, 05:43 PM
This is my first day on here, this Ronbo guy is kinda funny

Tod
November 11th, 2006, 05:45 PM
psssst...It's Ronbo...

http://www.chelationtherapyonline.com/articles/images/03adGrainSalt.gif

Ronbo
November 11th, 2006, 05:50 PM
I'm sick of NDSU fans since all the smack we have taken since 2003. They can wallow in their sorrow this year for not getting into the playoffs. I'm glad they didn't get into the Big Sky, let the Gateway take their smack all the time. I see what UND fans meant about the endless smack.

Bison05
November 11th, 2006, 05:53 PM
I'm sick of NDSU fans since all the smack we have taken since 2003. They can wallow in their sorrow this year for not getting into the playoffs. I'm glad they didn't get into the Big Sky, let the Gateway take their smack all the time. I see what UND fans meant about the endless smack.

We only give smack to those who deserve it :smiley_wi

Bison06
November 11th, 2006, 05:57 PM
I would take a UND fans opinion of a typical NDSU fan about as seriously as I would take an MSU fans opinion about a typical UM fan. Can you relate?:smiley_wi

MplsBison
November 11th, 2006, 06:00 PM
I can't wait until Minnesota beats Iowa next week.

Then the Griz's pathetic performance in Iowa City this year will give us something to really compare (since, apparently Poly was too tired from playing the Griz the week before to give us a good game, LOL!).

Ronbo
November 11th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Let's get real here. You thumped Cal Poly, congrats. Cal Poly beat Davis 23-17 and you beat Davis 28-24. You see Cal Poly is not as bad as you think and you aren't as good as you think. Your guys had a good day and Cal Poly was worn down and spent that is apparent.

Tod
November 11th, 2006, 06:12 PM
I can't wait until Minnesota beats Iowa next week.

Then the Griz's pathetic performance in Iowa City this year will give us something to really compare (since, apparently Poly was too tired from playing the Griz the week before to give us a good game, LOL!).

The only pathetic thing around here is MplsBison.

Just can't stop hating the Griz because you don't get to play in the post-season. *****in' whah...:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

BillLuc1982
November 11th, 2006, 06:13 PM
After what NDSU just did to them, what do you think their chances of a playoff berth are?

As good as Indiana State's

MplsBison
November 11th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Let's get real here. You thumped Cal Poly, congrats. Cal Poly beat Davis 23-17 and you beat Davis 28-24. You see Cal Poly is not as bad as you think and you aren't as good as you think. Your guys had a good day and Cal Poly was worn down and spent that is apparent.

Poly played Davis in SLO.

We played Davis in Davis.

Comparison void.

Hansel
November 11th, 2006, 06:21 PM
kind of like how we wore down Minnesota for Ohio State :rolleyes:

Ronbo
November 11th, 2006, 06:22 PM
What's going on for Thanksgiving weekend? Basketball game?xlolx

Bison05
November 11th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Poly played Davis in SLO.

We played Davis in Davis.

Comparison void.

Griz played Iowa at Iowa
Minnesota plays Iowa at Minesota

So your comparison would be void too.

Peems
November 11th, 2006, 06:24 PM
kind of like how we wore down Minnesota for Ohio State :rolleyes:

no. minnesota was at home playing a lower level comp. and then went on the road to play the best team in the nation. while cal poly played at 1-a school, the number 2 team in the nation and the number one venue in AA and then the #5 team in the nation in another very hostile environment. so that is why it is different.

MplsBison
November 11th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Griz played Iowa at Iowa, NDSU played Minnesota at Minnesota.

IE, 2 I-AA teams played AT 2 BCS schools that are in the same conference.

The way Minnesota has played this year, having a home field advantage doesn't mean jack.

They're the worst team in the B10, hands down.

So when they beat Iowa, it's going to say a lot about NDSU vs. Montana.

Ronbo
November 11th, 2006, 06:28 PM
It will say nothing. You have to play on the field. Has one Griz fan said we'd beat you in both these threads? No. Yet we have a half dozen NDSU fans claiming they'd beat us this year and we don't play. Too bad, you'll never know if you could beat us and saying you could is just SMACK which you guys do all the time.

Hansel
November 11th, 2006, 06:28 PM
no. minnesota was at home playing a lower level comp. and then went on the road to play the best team in the nation. while cal poly played at 1-a school, the number 2 team in the nation and the number one venue in AA and then the #5 team in the nation in another very hostile environment. so that is why it is different.

there were about 15-20k NDSU fans there, Minnesota got a false start in the third quarter on a third down because the NDSU fans were so loud. I would call it more of a neutral site :nod:

NDSU played 6 road games in 7 weeks, if you are good enough you git r dun

Peems
November 11th, 2006, 06:34 PM
there were about 15-20k NDSU fans there, Minnesota got a false start in the third quarter on a third down because the NDSU fans were so loud. I would call it more of a neutral site :nod:

NDSU played 6 road games in 7 weeks, if you are good enough you git r dun

i do agree with this statement.

Tod
November 11th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Griz played Iowa at Iowa, NDSU played Minnesota at Minnesota.

IE, 2 I-AA teams played AT 2 BCS schools that are in the same conference.

The way Minnesota has played this year, having a home field advantage doesn't mean jack.

They're the worst team in the B10, hands down.

So when they beat Iowa, it's going to say a lot about NDSU vs. Montana.

Yeah, because that sort of reasoning always works. : retard :

matfu
November 11th, 2006, 07:39 PM
...between ZERO and NONE! 4 losses has closed the playoff door tight. you were in the playoffs the last two weeks and you were 0 and 2!!

GOKATS
November 11th, 2006, 07:44 PM
...between ZERO and NONE! 4 losses has closed the playoff door tight. you were in the playoffs the last two weeks and you were 0 and 2!!

4 losses is immaterial. CP can't get the requisite 7 D-I wins.

Gil Dobie
November 11th, 2006, 09:10 PM

There is no sorrow for not getting in the playoffs, but joy over a 9-1 record and scoring more than 10 points against Cal-Poly (Only meant for Ronbo, no smack intended for the other great Griz fans).

Gil Dobie
November 11th, 2006, 09:13 PM
It will say nothing. You have to play on the field. Has one Griz fan said we'd beat you in both these threads? No. Yet we have a half dozen NDSU fans claiming they'd beat us this year and we don't play. Too bad, you'll never know if you could beat us and saying you could is just SMACK which you guys do all the time.

True, but you can say NDSU can score more points on the Mustangs than the Griz (Intended only for Ronbo, no smack towards the great Griz nation)

Gil Dobie
November 11th, 2006, 09:21 PM

True, but you can say NDSU can score more points on the Mustangs than the Griz (Intended only for Ronbo, no smack towards the great Griz nation)

CopperCat
November 11th, 2006, 09:23 PM

Unfortunately I'd say PSU gets in. But really, I don't think either team should get in at all.

CopperCat
November 11th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Cal Poly's Playoff Chances.......

are gone.

No_Skill
November 11th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Please read.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16474

FUtilitspurple
November 11th, 2006, 09:54 PM
I don't think you can come out with your playoff lives on the line and get shelled and still have a chance at getting in. Cal Poly=out