PDA

View Full Version : So if USD gets in does Monmouth get in too

Stang Fever
November 11th, 2006, 03:12 PM
The logic doesnt add up. If USD is going to be 10-0 with there loan quality win against YALE who just lost and is not ranked. Then why no talk about Monmouth. I mean they are 10-1 with there only loss coming to Stony Brook

Stang Fever
November 11th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Oh yeah sorry to start another USD thread. not like we dont already have enough. This is not smack just wanted to hear what people thought about that. I would think that both of there schedules would match up with strength wouldnt you???

youwouldno
November 11th, 2006, 03:15 PM
USD has the only solid win between the two teams (Yale). Neither team belongs in the playoffs though.

danefan
November 11th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Neither team belongs in the playoffs though.

Agreed!:nod: :nod:
I just hope the committee doesn't buy into the USD hype!
Let them both play in the GridIron Classic on Dec. 2nd.

November 11th, 2006, 03:16 PM
USD @ Monmouth will be a very good first Gridiron Classic!

UMass922
November 11th, 2006, 03:19 PM
USD @ Monmouth will be a very good first Gridiron Classic!

Agreed--great matchup between the two most powerful "mid-major" teams. Is the GC going to be televised, Ralph?

Stang Fever
November 11th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Ralph i have tried to read some of your post on this topic of USD in the playoffs. for me,my opinion sounds like you stay on the fence on this one. I have not heard you come out for or against it. Would you select them, and Do you think the deserve a playoff spot and Y

November 11th, 2006, 03:25 PM
... you stay on the fence on this one...:nod: :read:

Stang Fever
November 11th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Come on. .that was a direct question at you. Dont be a Politician and dodge the question :-D

November 11th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Come on. .that was a direct question at you. Dont be a Politician and dodge the question :-DI want both teams to continue winning. The Committee will take care of the rest next Sunday. :nod: :read:

downbythebeach
November 11th, 2006, 04:10 PM
The Committee will take care of the rest next Sunday. :nod: :read:

I can agree with that, you kinda have to wait and see who is eligable to say who deserves...

rmutv
November 11th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Agreed--great matchup between the two most powerful "mid-major" teams. Is the GC going to be televised, Ralph?

Obviously not Ralph, heh, but I can answer the question.

As of now and according to NEC Associate Commisioner and Director of Communications/TV Ron Ratner, there is no deal in place for the game to be televised. The local affiliates such as Fox Sports Net, Cox Communications, Comcast, etc didn't want to enter into a contract to televise a game that didn't have a set location until today, and he didn't expect a contract to develop and get signed between the end of the season and the GC on the 2nd.

That's not set in stone though. It's entirely possible that someone will swoop in and decide to televise it. Ratner is hoping that future Gridiron Classic's are picked up by a national network like CSTV or ESPNU.

But as of now, no television.

rcny46
November 11th, 2006, 04:44 PM
USD has the only solid win between the two teams (Yale). Neither team belongs in the playoffs though.

It could be slim pickings for the selection committee when they make their choices.Maine, CSU,andCal Poly are out,and if Furman,MSU,UNH and UNI lose again they will be through.Teams like Delaware St.,Monmouth and USD just may make it in .

Stang Fever
November 11th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Could be slim pickings but you telling me a 7-4 portland st with two I-A losses(to top ten teams mind you) should not make it in the playoffs over a 10-0 USD team

Lets Put Monmouth in the playoffs as well then hell they are 10-1
Charleston SOuthern is 9-1...Open the flood gates

CopperCat
November 11th, 2006, 09:28 PM
It could be slim pickings for the selection committee when they make their choices.Maine, CSU,andCal Poly are out,and if Furman,MSU,UNH and UNI lose again they will be through.Teams like Delaware St.,Monmouth and USD just may make it in .

Wouldn't be too sure about the second half of that statement. Let's just see what happens and quit speculating.

Pard4Life
November 11th, 2006, 09:37 PM
If it's Monmouth and USD head-to-head for the last spot, Monmouth deserves the bid. They played an ENTIRE I-AA schedule, and had a tough conference.

San Diego is a laugher, as we all have documented.

However, not even sure Monmouth belongs in the playoff discussion.

Stang Fever
November 11th, 2006, 09:41 PM
But if you are going to Put USD who you said is a laugher then how do you not put Monmouth in that group as well. Yes they played ina little bit better conference but that doesnt say much

JMG1MON
November 12th, 2006, 12:32 AM
If USD gets in, I am going to be beyond pissed off that we don't get in. With that said, I don't think either will happen.

GOTOREROS
November 12th, 2006, 01:31 AM
There might be some very pissed off people 11/19.....with losses today to several teams and the likelyhood that UM beats MSU USD has a slight chance to get in this year. Who knows it is out of our hands...