PDA

View Full Version : 11/11/14 Gridiron Power Index (GPI): Bison Remain at #1, Valley Domination

CSN-info
November 12th, 2014, 02:53 AM
11/11/14 Gridiron Power Index (GPI): Bison Remain at #1, Valley Domination

College Sporting News

(Chicago, IL) - North Dakota State remains on top of the Gridiron Power Index (GPI), the index ranking for the NCAA Division I FCS by College Sporting News and a top indicator of at-large playoff selection. Despite their loss at then #8 Northern Iowa, the Bison schedule strength keeps them solidly #1. That same strength hurt New Hampshire as they fell from #2 to #5.

The Missouri Valley Football Conference again has nine teams in the top 25. A word about this... the reason for so many teams is because they have good teams that play each other which benefits their strength of schedule. They also had a near perfect out of conference record. The downside is... they have to play each other and their total record may be misunderstood even though they may have only lost to highly rated conference opponents.

The Southland Conference has four teams in the top 25; the Big Sky Conference and the Colonial Athletic Association have three each; the Big South Conferences has two; the Ivy and Patriot Leagues plus the Northeast, Ohio Valley and Southern Conferences each have one. (Games through November 9, 2014)

The conference average rankings clearly show the dominance of the MVFC in first. The BSO has gained a little room for second while five conferences are knotted within 5 points of each other in the next slots.

The final 2014 GPI will be released when the college football seasons ends in early 2015. Detail report is here. (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/articles/20141111gpi.txt)

The GPI Top 25 - 11/11/2014
1. N Dakota St (1.86)
2. Jacksonville St (3.43)
3. Illinois St (3.71)
4. Coastal Carolina (5.43)
5. New Hampshire (5.57)
6. Northern Iowa (6.14)
7. E Washington (8.57)
8. Villanova (9.57)
9. Chattanooga (9.86)
10. S Dakota St (10.00)
11. Youngstown St (12.29)
12. Indiana St (13.71)
13T. Harvard (14.29)
13T. Fordham (14.29)
15. S Illinois (15.00)
16. SE Louisiana (15.57)
17. Idaho St (18.57)
18. Richmond (20.14)
19. Liberty (21.86)
20T. Sam Houston St (22.00)
20T. Montana St (22.00)
22. Bryant (22.57)
23. McNeese St (22.71)
24. Missouri St (23.14)
25T. SF Austin (23.43)
25T. W Illinois (23.43)

In: Montana St, Bryant, SF Austin, W Illinois
Out: E Kentucky, Montana, Cal Poly

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/articles/20141111gpi.htm

knucklehead
November 12th, 2014, 06:06 AM
When you look at the GPI, Sagarin, and Massey computer rankings, it just makes the Sports Net and Coaches polls seem even more useless. There is no rhyme or reason to either, just slot voting.

At least these and ags are consistent and make sense.

UNH72Plus
November 12th, 2014, 07:31 AM
When you look at the GPI, Sagarin, and Massey computer rankings, it just makes the Sports Net and Coaches polls seem even more useless. There is no rhyme or reason to either, just slot voting.

At least these and ags are consistent and make sense.

I'm not sure there's a rhyme or a reason for much of what Massey uses to compute the rankings. Three of the systems used have UNH ranked 20th, 22nd, and 24th, respectively. One of them ranks them behind 3-4 Wofford!

thebootfitter
November 12th, 2014, 09:28 AM
I'm not sure there's a rhyme or a reason for much of what Massey uses to compute the rankings. Three of the systems used have UNH ranked 20th, 22nd, and 24th, respectively. One of them ranks them behind 3-4 Wofford!
Massey's computer rating system has UNH at #8. (See http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=cf2014&sub=11605)

The composite that Massey, ahem, amasses, includes a few computer rating systems that have UNH ranked in the 20s.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 12th, 2014, 09:29 AM
BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE MVFC, THE BESTEST MOST AWESOMEST CONFERENCE IN THE WORLD xlolx xlolx xlolx

RabidRabbit
November 12th, 2014, 09:49 AM
It's pretty much the same situation in the FBS ranks. The SEC-West just beats up on each other, but because of how many OOC W, and margins, they stay in top 25. MVFC is a long ways ahead this season. The question that this begs, is if the MVFC gets in 5, how many will be seeded? My guess is 2.

PantherRob82
November 12th, 2014, 09:53 AM
If UNI is one of the five and gets some help, they may slide into one of the low seeds.

Bison56
November 12th, 2014, 10:01 AM
BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE MVFC, THE BESTEST MOST AWESOMEST CONFERENCE IN THE WORLD xlolx xlolx xlolx

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.608036617784986568&pid=1.7

NoDak 4 Ever
November 12th, 2014, 10:08 AM
If UNI is one of the five and gets some help, they may slide into one of the low seeds.

After looking at it in total, you may be right. If some 7 win teams get consideration, you're in. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but after last year it seems that they are trying to get more teams in from the non-power conferences so you might slide behind a 8 team OVC or Patriot team even though I think you have a stronger record.

bluehenbillk
November 12th, 2014, 11:38 AM

Seed? No.

TypicalTribe
November 12th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Just for the sake of argument, here's the GPI-predicted field:

Autos: NDSU, Jax St, Coastal, UNH, Chatty, Fordham, Sammy, Bryant, SC State, N Arizona, Jacksonville
At-large: Ill St, UNI, EWU, Villanova, SDSU, YSU, Indy St, SIU, SELA, Idaho St, Richmond, Liberty, Montana St

Bubble, and I'm using the term liberally (avg. computer ranking):

McNeese (27)
SFA (23)
EKU (26)
Montana (30)
Cal Poly (30)
JMU (31)
BCC (35)
W&M (37)
Bucknell (41)
NC A&T (43)
Delaware (56) - only left on here because they have UNH and Villanova left. Two wins would merit a look

NoDak 4 Ever
November 12th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Seed? No.

yeah, probably not a seed. There are 16 teams that won't get a seed.

rokamortis
November 12th, 2014, 12:02 PM

Autos: NDSU, Jax St, Coastal, UNH, Chatty, Fordham, Sammy, Bryant, SC State, N Arizona, Jacksonville
At-large: Ill St, UNI, EWU, Villanova, SDSU, YSU, Indy St, SIU, SELA, Idaho St, Richmond, Liberty, Montana St

McNeese (27)
SFA (23)
EKU (26)
Montana (30)
Cal Poly (30)
JMU (31)
BCC (35)
W&M (37)
Bucknell (41)
NC A&T (43)
Delaware (56) - only left on here because they have UNH and Villanova left. Two wins would merit a look

MEAC is going to get 2 - slight possibility they could get 3. People won't agree, but it will happen.

JMU2004
November 12th, 2014, 12:07 PM
MEAC is going to get 2 - slight possibility they could get 3. People won't agree, but it will happen.

That would be miserable. I've watched BCC, NSU, and A&T this year. SC State may be playoff worthy, but BCC and A&T are not at all.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 12th, 2014, 12:21 PM
That would be miserable. I've watched BCC, NSU, and A&T this year. SC State may be playoff worthy, but BCC and A&T are not at all.

Welcome to a field of 24!

Bison56
November 12th, 2014, 12:22 PM

1 is more more than enough. If 3 get in OMG the ****storm.

kalm
November 12th, 2014, 12:25 PM

McNeese (27)
SFA (23)
EKU (26)
Montana (30)
Cal Poly (30)
JMU (31)
BCC (35)
W&M (37)
Bucknell (41)
NC A&T (43)

If Poly and MSU win out they'd have the same number of D1 wins, a comparable SOS if not in Poly's favor, and the Stangs would have the head to head.

WestCoastAggie
November 12th, 2014, 12:34 PM

Speaking onjectively, we'll agree to disagree there.

robsnotes4u
November 12th, 2014, 12:35 PM
If Poly and MSU win out they'd have the same number of D1 wins, a comparable SOS if not in Poly's favor, and the Stangs would have the head to head.

I agree with the head to head, and here is a couple things that might sway it to MSU
1. Beating ISU after Cal Poly lost to them
2. Ending the season with two wins over better teams than the Cal Poly wins
3. Montana is already ahead on GPI, and others should increase more than Cal Poly's two wins

The Big one we don't know is how are they rated, and trending in the Committee polls.

I do have Cal Poly in and both Montana teams out. I think ISU beats Montana State, and the brawl will just be for bragging rights.

JMU2004
November 12th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Speaking onjectively, we'll agree to disagree there.

Watching BCC vs NSU was pure comedy. Good/Great D with absolutely no ability to pass. With BCC, if you take away the QB read, they have no O.

MEAC OOC is pretty bad as well.

WestCoastAggie
November 12th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Watching BCC vs NSU was pure comedy. Good/Great D with absolutely no ability to pass. With BCC, if you take away the QB read, they have no O.

A&T does have kennel of offensive weapons with a QB that can actually throw the football under duress and a Defense that somehow finds a way to generate turnovers. If we remained healthy all year, that one point loss to CCU would be our only loss.

RabidRabbit
November 12th, 2014, 01:06 PM
UNI has a reasonable argument for a seed, should they win out. (Especially if IL St & NDSU win out). Only FCS losses (SDSU & ISU B) alone in 2nd place behind the MVFC co-champs that Panthers beat both. A high SOS. 8-4. If SDSU & ISU-B make the field, then no non-MVFC team will have played more play-off teams, and especially seeded (NDSU & IL St would be seeds) and beaten the other seeds.

For this to happen though, some non-MVFC champs need to stumble, principly the following: Coastal, Fordham, Chatty, Jax St., EWU. Any team that gets through conference play with a goose egg in the conference L column (other than NEC or Pioneer) will be seeded. After that, those seeds start going wide open. IMHO, I don't believe that Chatty could get to a seed with their loss to Jax St, and no great (top 10?) wins. None of the Southland Conference auto-bids have a chance at a seed, the SOS isn't there. Other than EWU in the Big Sky, who has a better resume than UNI? UNH and Nova are likely seeds, and if no more than a loss each, I don't see them falling out of a seed.

Therefore, it appears there are 4 seeds available and about 5 or 6 teams that could lay claim to those seeds. UNI, Fordham, Coastal, Jax St., EWU, Chatty. Any of these 6 could fall out with a loss. Only UNI is in any danger of falling out of the play-offs with any loss.

PantherRob82
November 12th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Seed? No.

All the polls and power rankings disagree. Obviusly they have to win out and get some help, but I think it's still a possibility. Especially if NDSU and Illinois State win out.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 12th, 2014, 02:17 PM
All the polls and power rankings disagree. Obviusly they have to win out and get some help, but I think it's still a possibility. Especially if NDSU and Illinois State win out.

You're probably right but interesting that one loss could take them out completely most likely. Haven't seen such a steep cliff for a team in a long time. That is one wide swath of possibilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihu9UtNjmXM

FargoBison
November 12th, 2014, 02:23 PM
UNI has a tough road to get a seed. Would need Fordham and Chattanooga to lose IMO. That second FBS game really screws them in so many ways.

dbackjon
November 12th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Two teams, why is one so much higher in GPI than other

Both have FBS road loss

Team one: 6-4, 6 DI wins, 3 with winning records. Loss at home to DII by 26 (was down 40-0 before scoring in garbage time), loss to .500 team
Team two: 7-3, 7 DI wins, 2 with winning records. Two road losses to sub .500 teams on the road, by 7 each.

Two common opponents: Both beat sub 500 team (Team one at home, team two on road). Team two lost by 21 on the road, team two won by 1 at home

One is in top 25, other not in top 35.

So how accurate is the GPI again?

clenz
November 12th, 2014, 02:53 PM
UNI has a tough road to get a seed. Would need Fordham and Chattanooga to lose IMO. That second FBS game really screws them in so many ways.
We wouldn't have had an FCS game so it's pretty moot, really.

It's not really going to hurt in the eyes of the committee as UNI AD/committee member Troy Dannen has stated FBS games are ignored unless it's a win over a decent/good team.

robsnotes4u
November 12th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Two teams, why is one so much higher in GPI than other

Both have FBS road loss

Team one: 6-4, 6 DI wins, 3 with winning records. Loss at home to DII by 26 (was down 40-0 before scoring in garbage time), loss to .500 team
Team two: 7-3, 7 DI wins, 2 with winning records. Two road losses to sub .500 teams on the road, by 7 each.

Two common opponents: Both beat sub 500 team (Team one at home, team two on road). Team two lost by 21 on the road, team two won by 1 at home

One is in top 25, other not in top 35.

So how accurate is the GPI again?

Here are four teams from the BSC. I like it to see the trends.

10/7/14
10/14/14
10/21/14
10/28/14
11/4/14
11/11/14

Montana

Montana State

Cal Poly

ISU

ursus arctos horribilis
November 12th, 2014, 03:00 PM

It's not really going to hurt in the eyes of the committee as UNI AD/committee member Troy Dannen has stated FBS games are ignored unless it's a win over a decent/good team.

Which is exactly what our guest said on this week's show as well so I'd have to think it's pretty good information.

FargoBison
November 12th, 2014, 03:20 PM

Well my point was built around playing an FCS instead, obviously a non-DI wouldn't matter and would leave UNI in a similar spot.

clenz
November 12th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Well my point was built around playing an FCS instead, obviously a non-DI wouldn't matter and would leave UNI in a similar spot.
Yeah, the issue is there wasn't going to be an FCS game to replace it.

UNI was at 12 games with 2 FBS when Morgan State dumped UNI real late in the game
UNI picked up Ten Tech almost by luck as SMU backed out of their game with TTU due to the Hawaii exemption

There was never an option out there for an 11th FCS game. It was either a D2 home game or an FBS from the very start and the pay day and trip to Hawaii it was.

WileECoyote06
November 12th, 2014, 06:08 PM

If you agree that the D was great; then maybe if you factor in the rain storm then you can see why they looked horrible. I agree though, MEAC offenses are usually terrible; but A&T doesn't belong in that category. But if all three teams continue to win, they'll have a four game, a five game and a six game win streak going.

Don't worry, we're going to do our darndest to knock them out of the playoffs.

Houndawg
November 12th, 2014, 06:58 PM

Envy is such an ugly emotion.

caribbeanhen
November 12th, 2014, 09:36 PM
the MVFC has waited around long enough for there day in the sun, lets see what they do in December

stevdock
November 12th, 2014, 09:58 PM
I would love to see the 4 or 5 MVFC teams to be spread around the tourney instead of having to knock each other off to advance. Didn't the CAA have 2 or 3 teams in the semi's not too long ago? I think the valley can do the same this year or even one-up that.

Bisonwinagn
November 12th, 2014, 10:56 PM
I don't get why they don't just use the GPI instead of some politically motivated people. There would be no debate and no outliers that we have each year and everyone would know for the last month where they stand in the rankings. Maybe it's too simple for the NCAA and they wouldn't have enough control.

robsnotes4u
November 12th, 2014, 11:34 PM
I don't get why they don't just use the GPI instead of some politically motivated people. There would be no debate and no outliers that we have each year and everyone would know for the last month where they stand in the rankings. Maybe it's too simple for the NCAA and they wouldn't have enough control.

How much does the GPI influence the committee?

FargoBison
November 12th, 2014, 11:39 PM
How much does the GPI influence the committee?

It has no influence, committee doesn't even look at it.

robsnotes4u
November 13th, 2014, 12:03 AM

Opinion or fact? Link?xsmiley_wix

FargoBison
November 13th, 2014, 12:06 AM
Opinion or fact? Link?xsmiley_wix

That is straight from UNI's AD...

UNI athletic director says GPI was not discussed during FCS playoff selections last year.

https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/status/531110420954632192

ursus arctos horribilis
November 13th, 2014, 12:06 AM

Well the committee does probably use it along with many, many other tools like the polls, Sagarin, but mostly their own internal poll.

You guys are really gonna want to catch The FCS Wedge this weekend. It will clear up a lot of things aobut the playoff selections. It's one of the best show I've ever heard on the subject in fact.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 13th, 2014, 12:07 AM
That is straight from UNI's AD...

That is very interesting.

FargoBison
November 13th, 2014, 12:14 AM
That is very interesting.

Jeff Kolpack had an interview with UNI's AD last week, he said bottom five conference feel that GPI is skewed against them so the committee won't use it in anyway.

I wish I could link the interview, it was very good but unfortunately they don't really podcast much. UNI's AD also ripped the SRS rating to shreds.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 13th, 2014, 12:21 AM
Jeff Kolpack had an interview with UNI's AD last week, he said bottom five conference feel that GPI is skewed against them so the committee won't use it in anyway.

I wish I could link the interview, it was very good but unfortunately they don't really podcast much. UNI's AD also ripped the SRS rating to shreds.

It kind of goes along with what we were told in one way but goes against another aspect that O'Day said they use almost everything but objections may have been raised more vocally in the last couple of years.

robsnotes4u
November 13th, 2014, 12:27 AM

thanks.

robsnotes4u
November 13th, 2014, 12:33 AM

superman7515
November 13th, 2014, 07:12 AM

xthumbsupx

clenz
November 13th, 2014, 08:35 AM

Dannen tells it like it is, no matter what.

He is also very calculated in what he says.

There is a reason he has done very well at uni

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Wallace
November 13th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Jeff Kolpack had an interview with UNI's AD last week, he said bottom five conference feel that GPI is skewed against them so the committee won't use it in anyway. I wish I could link the interview, it was very good but unfortunately they don't really podcast much. UNI's AD also ripped the SRS rating to shreds.How funny if he said that. His own conference uses the GPI and if the bottom 5 conferences felt that way, then why did the PFL use the GPI to determine its champion?

robsnotes4u
November 13th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Well the committee does probably use it along with many, many other tools like the polls, Sagarin, but mostly their own internal poll.

You guys are really gonna want to catch The FCS Wedge this weekend. It will clear up a lot of things aobut the playoff selections. It's one of the best show I've ever heard on the subject in fact.

What time and day? I listened to my first one yesterday, a replay. Very impressed. I also like my buddy DJ Coulter having his American Family ads on there. I will have to mention that when he comes over for the game this week.

robsnotes4u
November 13th, 2014, 09:18 AM
How funny if he said that. His own conference uses the GPI and if the bottom 5 conferences felt that way, then why did the PFL use the GPI to determine its champion?

Evolution doesn't just happen overnight. It is hard for some to change.

I looked this up and I don't see PFL using it for a tiebreaker. I can't imagine any other place it would be used. http://www.pioneer-football.org/pfl/tiebreaker/

The MVFC has GPI at 4th down the list. Probably hasn't changed or been discussed, as they haven't reached that point in a tiebreaker in recent history.

clenz
November 13th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Evolution doesn't just happen overnight. It is hard for some to change.

I looked this up and I don't see PFL using it for a tiebreaker. I can't imagine any other place it would be used. http://www.pioneer-football.org/pfl/tiebreaker/

The MVFC has GPI at 4th down the list. Probably hasn't changed or been discussed, as they haven't reached that point in a tiebreaker in recent history.The PFL literally flipped a coin to determine their champion last year, after San Diego declared themselves ineligible.

The "power conferences" are more okay with the GPI, so why is it an issue if they decide to use it? The MVFC isn't the team wanting to keep it out of birth consideration.

bluehenbillk
November 13th, 2014, 09:49 AM

The GPI has been a mediocre at-best predictor of at-large playoff teams. The AGS Poll (which is no longer included in the GPI) has outperformed the GPI 5 years running. You don't see FBS using the BCS formula anymore do you?

UNIFanSince1983
November 13th, 2014, 10:04 AM
The GPI has been a mediocre at-best predictor of at-large playoff teams. The AGS Poll (which is no longer included in the GPI) has outperformed the GPI 5 years running. You don't see FBS using the BCS formula anymore do you?

The thing is they should be. As "unbiased" as a committee can claim to be they are never completely unbiased. Obviously, no ranking system is without bias. Even the computer rankings have some sort of bias in them from whomever programmed it. That is why the BCS formula was pretty good at determining the best teams. Had they used it to pick 4 teams or 8 teams instead of just two there would not have been near as many complaints about it. It had elements of the computers as well as human polls. I feel it was a good mix although it puts too much credit in the human polls for my liking as the 2 of them are weighted for 1/3rd each, but I still feel it did a good job of picking who the top teams were.

Wallace
November 13th, 2014, 10:16 AM
I looked this up and I don't see PFL using it for a tiebreaker. I can't imagine any other place it would be used.
2013:
"Both Butler and Marist finished the PFL season with 7-1 records to earn regular season co-championships. The Bulldogs and Red Foxes did not face each other in the regular season, and with the teams having the same record against common opponents, the tie remained until the final rankings tiebreaker. This required use of the seven rankings/ratings used in the College Sporting News’ Gridiron Power Index (GPI) in addition to the NCAA’s Simple Rating System (SRS), if the latter was released publicly prior to selection weekend.Butler finished ahead of Marist in five of the seven GPI components. As a result, the SRS – which is not publically available at this time – is not be a determining factor."

Some conferences use only Sagarin as a tiebreaker too.

robsnotes4u
November 13th, 2014, 10:23 AM
2013:
"Both Butler and Marist finished the PFL season with 7-1 records to earn regular season co-championships. The Bulldogs and Red Foxes did not face each other in the regular season, and with the teams having the same record against common opponents, the tie remained until the final rankings tiebreaker. This required use of the seven rankings/ratings used in the College Sporting News’ Gridiron Power Index (GPI) in addition to the NCAA’s Simple Rating System (SRS), if the latter was released publicly prior to selection weekend.Butler finished ahead of Marist in five of the seven GPI components. As a result, the SRS – which is not publically available at this time – is not be a determining factor."

Some conferences use only Sagarin as a tiebreaker too.

How about we go by something official rather than reported. This is for this year, as my previous link showed, which you evidently did not read.

The following tiebreaker system is used by the Pioneer Football League to determine its automatic qualifier (AQ) for the Division I Football Championship. In no instance is this tiebreaker used to break a tie for the league championship, all teams tied for first place at the end of the regular season will share the title and be designated co-champions.
When two teams are tied:

If there is a two-team tie in conference play and the two tied teams played each other, the winner of the head-to-head competition shall be declared the automatic qualifier (AQ).
If the tied teams did not play each other, then each team’s record against all common opponents in the league shall be used to break the tie and declare the AQ.
If the teams are still tied, then each team’s record against the next highest common opponent in the league standings shall be used to break the tie and declare the AQ.

[Clarifications: The record comparison against common opponents shall continue in descending order until the tie is broken.

If common teams played are tied in the standings, they will be regarded as a unit when determining records against. Example: If A/B/C are tied for first and next highest common opponents, D & E are tied, combined records against D & E will be used.]
If the teams are still tied, then the PFL “Strength of Victory” (combined record of PFL teams defeated) shall be used to break the tie and declare the AQ;
If the teams are still tied, then the PFL “Strength of Schedule” (combined record of PFL teams played) shall be used to break the tie and declare the AQ;
If the teams are still tied, a coin toss shall be used as the final tiebreaker.

Wallace
November 13th, 2014, 10:36 AM
How about we go by something official rather than reported.From the PFL http://www.pioneer-football.org/news/archives/2013/929/butler-university-wins-pfl-tiebreaker-division-i-football-championship-automatic-qualification/ :
Butler University wins PFL tiebreaker, Division I Football Championship automatic qualification

Tuesday, November 19, 2013
by Cody Bush, PFL Media Relations
ST. LOUIS – The Pioneer Football League has determined Butler University has won the league’s final ranking tiebreaker and will receive the league’s automatic qualifying bid in the upcoming NCAA Division I Football Championship, the league office announced Tuesday.
“First I want to congratulate both Butler and Marist on their championships,” said PFL commissioner Patty Viverito. “It speaks to the high quality of play in the league this season that we had to use all of our tiebreakers to determine our automatic qualifier. We look forward to Butler carrying the PFL flag into the Division I Football Championship for the first appearance by a league member.”
Butler finished the 2013 PFL campaign tied with Marist College for the league’s championship with 7-1 PFL records. The league proceeded through its tiebreaker formula with the tie unbroken until the final rankings tiebreaker, which required use of each of the seven rankings/ratings used in the College Sporting News’ Gridiron Power Index as well as the NCAA’s Simple Rating System (SRS), if released publicly prior to selection weekend.
Butler finished ahead of Marist in five of the seven rating systems and therefore the SRS, which was not publicly available at the time of this release, is not a determining factor.
The complete 24-team field for the 2013 Division I Football Championship will be announced at 11:30 a.m. EST, Sunday on ESPNU.

- PFL –

superman7515
November 13th, 2014, 10:53 AM
This is for this year...

Clearly someone is missing what you're saying, that they've officially dropped it from their tie-break procedures as announced this year and won't be using it again in the future.

Wallace
November 13th, 2014, 11:01 AM
How funny if he said that. His own conference uses the GPI and if the bottom 5 conferences felt that way, then why did the PFL use the GPI to determine its champion?Obviously someone did not read correctly. High class AGS posters insulting my mother here, approved by the admins.

Vooter
November 13th, 2014, 11:28 AM
For this to happen though, some non-MVFC champs need to stumble, principly the following: Coastal, Fordham, Chatty, Jax St., EWU. Any team that gets through conference play with a goose egg in the conference L column (other than NEC or Pioneer) will be seeded.

Well, I'm assuming that we'll get by Georgetown this weekend to go 6-0 in the Patriot, but I have a feeling that if we lose to Army in our closer, we won't get a seed...

ursus arctos horribilis
November 13th, 2014, 11:31 AM
What time and day? I listened to my first one yesterday, a replay. Very impressed. I also like my buddy DJ Coulter having his American Family ads on there. I will have to mention that when he comes over for the game this week.

If you go to the FCS Wedge thread it lists all over the air locations (in ND it's Rugby & Fargo) and the times it plays. It also has several ways of listening online there.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 13th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Obviously someone did not read correctly. High class AGS posters insulting my mother here, approved by the admins.

Where did this happen? If it did happen I would tell you to suck eggs though. You made your bed slick, now lay in it.xthumbsupx

PantherRob82
November 13th, 2014, 11:43 AM
How funny if he said that. His own conference uses the GPI and if the bottom 5 conferences felt that way, then why did the PFL use the GPI to determine its champion?

Because that's within their conference and not comparing them to the "power" conferences.

superman7515
November 13th, 2014, 03:46 PM
High class AGS posters insulting my mother here, approved by the admins.

I didn't insult your mother. My avatar picture starring Ralph Wallace says "Kind of a bitch" not "Son of a bitch." I guess all the grease in your hair is clouding your vision. I didn't bring up anything to do with your family because there's no question that the person I think is a punk ass bitch is you. You came on here high and mighty trying to talk a bunch of s*** to Troy, Rob, Chad, and anyone else your pansy ass disagrees with...

Incoherent much? Your anti-MVFC bias is clear at least. Post your ballot Mr. "do ya".

You can conjecture all you want and keep screaming N*GG*R at the top of your lungs over and over. I was sick on that trip but I remember the racism coming from the front seat and you.

Your school did you idiot.

Sending me a bunch of PM's over the years crying about the respect you deserve for starting a bunch of websites and crap, 90% of which I've never even heard of. Coming up with multiple screen names to pat yourself on the back when no one else would and talk trash on people. Get the f--- outta here with your broke ass internet tough guy routine. That and a dollar will buy you a cup of coffee in Skokie, so you can shove it, and while your busy putting that up your ass, you can take my name out of your mouth in the future.

clenz
November 13th, 2014, 03:49 PM
I didn't insult your mother. My avatar picture starring Ralph Wallace says "Kind of a bitch" not "Son of a bitch." I guess all the grease in your hair is clouding your vision. I didn't bring up anything to do with your family because there's no question that the person I think is a punk ass bitch is you. You came on here high and mighty trying to talk a bunch of s*** to Troy, Rob, Chad, and anyone else your pansy ass disagrees with...

Sending me a bunch of PM's over the years crying about the respect you deserve for starting a bunch of websites and crap, 90% of which I've never even heard of. Coming up with multiple screen names to pat yourself on the back when no one else would and talk trash on people. Get the f--- outta here with your broke ass internet tough guy routine. That and a dollar will buy you a cup of coffee in Skokie, so you can shove it, and while your busy putting that up your ass, you can take my name out of your mouth in the future.In my 26 years 10 months of life and 14/15 years on internet message boards I'm not sure I've ever seen a complete and utter beat down like this.

I'm left in complete awe.

rokamortis
November 13th, 2014, 03:51 PM
In my 26 years 10 months of life and 14/15 years on internet message boards I'm not sure I've ever seen a complete and utter beat down like this.

I'm left in complete awe.

Yes, quite impressive. All I could think of was: daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn n

clenz
November 13th, 2014, 03:56 PM
Yes, quite impressive. All I could think of was: daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn n

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8EMndSFFMk

rokamortis
November 13th, 2014, 04:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8EMndSFFMk

Exactly

PantherRob82
November 13th, 2014, 04:54 PM
I would be concerned about the things he said if anyone on these boards took what he said seriously. Regardless of his past, he still has a lot of FCS knowledge to share. Hopefully sometime in the future it can be shared without either side feeling the need to cloud said knowledge with old history of personal issues.

Houndawg
November 14th, 2014, 04:53 AM

Sending me a bunch of PM's over the years crying about the respect you deserve for starting a bunch of websites and crap, 90% of which I've never even heard of. Coming up with multiple screen names to pat yourself on the back when no one else would and talk trash on people. Get the f--- outta here with your broke ass internet tough guy routine. That and a dollar will buy you a cup of coffee in Skokie, so you can shove it, and while your busy putting that up your ass, you can take my name out of your mouth in the future.

Whoop a bitches ass!xasswhipx

Houndawg
November 14th, 2014, 04:55 AM
somebody rep him for me, I have to spread some around first...

Panther-State
November 14th, 2014, 07:23 AM
somebody rep him for me, I have to spread some around first...

I wish I knew what that meant

dbackjon
November 14th, 2014, 10:57 AM
I wish I knew what that meant

Give the poster rep (ie little star in lower right corner below name).
You can only give rep to a person once, until you give more repo out to others.

Panther-State
November 14th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Give the poster rep (ie little star in lower right corner below name).
You can only give rep to a person once, until you give more repo out to others.

Hmm, kinda neat. Thanks

IBleedYellow
November 14th, 2014, 11:45 AM
I would be concerned about the things he said if anyone on these boards took what he said seriously. Regardless of his past, he still has a lot of FCS knowledge to share. Hopefully sometime in the future it can be shared without either side feeling the need to cloud said knowledge with old history of personal issues.

Ralph's version of FCS knowledge seems to only be of the kind that reminds you of the source it came from, though. It's not facts that are there to help boost the team or FCS which the knowledge is about, it's to boost his agenda at that time.