PDA

View Full Version : 5 Games I'm Keeping An Eye On-11/11/2006

BigApp
November 11th, 2006, 11:25 AM
here we go, hoping for another good week:

#13 New Hampshire (6-3) @ Rhode Island (4-5)--UNH has lost 3 of 4. URI has won 2 straight. RI has #2 ranked Pass D in the A-10. They also have a poor Run D, but that's not an issue with UNH. Additionally, RI has the #2 A-10 Rushing Offense....if URI can hang on to the ball...A loss puts UNH on the outside of the playoff picture looking in.
#16 Coastal Carolina (7-2) @ #42 Gardner-Webb (6-3)--These are, statistically speaking, two evenly matched teams. If Coastal continues their habit of starting sluggish, and are guilty of looking ahead to Charleston Southern...
#22 South Dakota St (6-3) @ Southern Utah (3-6)--I was surprised to look at the statistics of these teams. This is a matchup of the 2 worst Defenses in the Great West Football conference. Their offenses aren't much better. Both teams have a hard time hanging on to the football. Last homegame of the season for the T-birds
Charleston Southern (9-0) @ Liberty (4-5)--Liberty shut down and shut out WCU last week. Matter of fact, The Flames have only given up 120 points the entire season. #1 Defense in the Big South (Liberty) meets the #1 Offense (CSU). IF CSU is looking ahead to next week's game with Coastal....
Monmouth (9-1) @ Albany (7-3)--2 similar teams statistically, winner gets the NEC belt. And the Danes are at home.

bonus glances:

#8 UT-Martin vs. Eastern Kentucky
#11 Hampton @ #43 FAMU

Live4Griz
November 11th, 2006, 11:33 AM
here we go, hoping for another good week:

#13 New Hampshire (6-3) @ Rhode Island (4-5)--UNH has lost 3 of 4. URI has won 2 straight. RI has #2 ranked Pass D in the A-10. They also have a poor Run D, but that's not an issue with UNH. Additionally, RI has the #2 A-10 Rushing Offense....if URI can hang on to the ball...A loss puts UNH on the outside of the playoff picture looking in.
#16 Coastal Carolina (7-2) @ #42 Gardner-Webb (6-3)--These are, statistically speaking, two evenly matched teams. If Coastal continues their habit of starting sluggish, and are guilty of looking ahead to Charleston Southern...
#22 South Dakota St (6-3) @ Southern Utah (3-6)--I was surprised to look at the statistics of these teams. This is a matchup of the 2 worst Defenses in the Great West Football conference. Their offenses aren't much better. Both teams have a hard time hanging on to the football. Last homegame of the season for the T-birds
Charleston Southern (9-0) @ Liberty (4-5)--Liberty shut down and shut out WCU last week. Matter of fact, The Flames have only given up 120 points the entire season. #1 Defense in the Big South (Liberty) meets the #1 Offense (CSU). IF CSU is looking ahead to next week's game with Coastal....
Monmouth (9-1) @ Albany (7-3)--2 similar teams statistically, winner gets the NEC belt. And the Danes are at home.

bonus glances:

#8 UT-Martin vs. Eastern Kentucky
#11 Hampton @ #43 FAMU

BigApp...why not Maine @ Mass??

BigApp
November 11th, 2006, 11:50 AM
because everyone else is already looking at that game :smiley_wi

I'm pointing out games that you and I may not have necessarily noticed, until the upset happens and affects the playoff race.

Live4Griz
November 11th, 2006, 11:52 AM

I'm pointing out games that you and I may not have necessarily noticed, until the upset happens and affects the playoff race.

Good call...I thought there had to be a reason!:thumbsup:

AZGrizFan
November 11th, 2006, 11:55 AM

Then how does SDSU-SUU fit that description? SDSU isn't eligible, and SUU ain't goin' to the dance.... xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

BigApp
November 11th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Then how does SDSU-SUU fit that description? SDSU isn't eligible, and SUU ain't goin' to the dance.... xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

no, but they're still a ranked team.

BigApp
November 11th, 2006, 02:58 PM
3 so far!