PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Title Game--Early Predictions

FlyYtown
November 10th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Okay everyone oughta hold off on posting in this till Saturday night or Sunday; but I want to hear everyone's early favorites to make it to the big game on the 15th in Chattanooga.....

I wanted to post this now, since I don't plan on posting on my way back from Cleveland tomorrow night!

bcrawf
November 10th, 2006, 06:01 PM
App St. vs. UNI

Rematch with a different outcome this year!!

PS- UNI might be a stretch this year, but wait for next year. We should be preseason #1

FlyYtown
November 10th, 2006, 06:11 PM
App St. vs. UNI

Rematch with a different outcome this year!!

PS- UNI might be a stretch this year, but wait for next year. We should be preseason #1
Why?

SeattleGriz
November 10th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Montana vs App State.

FlyYtown
November 10th, 2006, 06:19 PM
I won't lie: I am hoping for Youngstown State vs. Montana.
Each with a huge fanbase to pack that stadium, no clue what it's called.

rufus
November 10th, 2006, 06:22 PM
San Diego vs Monmouth :)

November 10th, 2006, 06:32 PM
two CS teams will make it Finley Stadium/Davenport Field in Chattanooga this year

SouthernEagle02
November 10th, 2006, 07:25 PM
NDSU (assuming they petition and get in) or Montana
versus
Furman (They have been my pick all year) or UMass

TexasTerror
November 10th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Montana vs UMass would be a great game featuring East vs West! :)

No_Skill
November 10th, 2006, 07:49 PM
NDSU (assuming they petition and get in) or Montana
versus
Furman (They have been my pick all year) or UMass

Thanks for the love, but we'll have to wait our turn. :thumbsup:

JMU_MRD'03-'07
November 10th, 2006, 08:06 PM
two CS teams will make it Finley Stadium/Davenport Field in Chattanooga this year

I disagree ;)

but just in case I'm wrong... JMU vs. Montana

Grizo406
November 10th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Having a tough time picking who App State will play...I'm hoping it'll be either the Griz, or Montana State.:)

GGASU
November 10th, 2006, 08:44 PM
ASU vs Cal Poly

GoAgs72
November 10th, 2006, 08:46 PM
App St versus Youngstown

No_Skill
November 10th, 2006, 08:47 PM
ASU vs Cal Poly

Hmmm, It will be hard for the committee to select Poly after we beat them tomorrow. :D

FlyYtown
November 10th, 2006, 08:59 PM
App St versus Youngstown

That would be good.. Wouldn't it????
Remember that would've been the matchup last year in the 1st Round..... but we all know what happened!!

SeattleGriz
November 10th, 2006, 09:13 PM

I like the sounds of that game! I actually figured we would see YSU earlier in the playoffs (2nd round), that is why I chose App State.

FlyYtown
November 10th, 2006, 09:34 PM
I like the sounds of that game! I actually figured we would see YSU earlier in the playoffs (2nd round), that is why I chose App State.

It's a shame we can't play you guys year in and year out.. That be a classic matchup.. Pack each of our what I call: #1 and #2 I-AA Stadiums; of course Wash-Griz is theeee best!

Hope to see two of the most storied I-AA legacies go at it on the 15th!!!

GOTOREROS
November 10th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Hmmm, It will be hard for the committee to select Poly after we beat them on tomorrow. :D

GO BISON!!

DaGriz
November 10th, 2006, 09:48 PM
GO BISON!!

I agree. Cal Poly is my second favorite team but I don't want to see Cal Poly in Missoula again this year. Beating them twice in one year is about impossible.

I still think it's horse-sheeet NDSU can't get in. I think they could make a deep run this year if they were given the chance.

GOKATS
November 10th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Having a tough time picking who App State will play...I'm hoping it'll be either the Griz, or Montana State.:)

I'll buy into that, but I'm :nod: hoping it'll be the 'Cats! :D :nod:

Grizo406
November 10th, 2006, 10:51 PM
It's a shame we can't play you guys year in and year out.. That be a classic matchup.. Pack each of our what I call: #1 and #2 I-AA Stadiums; of course Wash-Griz is theeee best!

Hope to see two of the most storied I-AA legacies go at it on the 15th!!!

Agreed completely, Fly!

I'd love to see teams like Youngstown, or JMU in Washington/Grizzly for a playoff game.:nod:

SouthernEagle02
November 10th, 2006, 11:58 PM
I honestly can't see App getting a trip to Chatty this year. I mean they eek by two relatively weak SoCon teams (Wofford & GS). They may get homefield throughout but I just can't see a team like JMU, CCU, Furman, CP, or Umass going in there and coming out on the short end of the stick. I could be wrong but I see them losing in the second round by 7. People here give them way too much credit.

ASU_Chad
November 11th, 2006, 12:02 AM
I honestly can't see App getting a trip to Chatty this year. I mean they eek by two relatively weak SoCon teams (Wofford & GS). They may get homefield throughout but I just can't see a team like JMU, CCU, Furman, CP, or Umass going in there and coming out on the short end of the stick. I could be wrong but I see them losing in the second round by 7. People here give them way too much credit.
Umm... JMU and Furman already got a chance and you saw what happened.

JMU_MRD'03-'07
November 11th, 2006, 12:22 AM

While I'm very glad you're telling the truth and I know it... I'd think Montana would have an easy time vs. YSU... don't ask me why, I just feel it.

FlyYtown
November 11th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Agreed completely, Fly!

I'd love to see teams like Youngstown, or JMU in Washington/Grizzly for a playoff game.:nod:
Last Matchup:

Playoffs
Washington-Griz Stadium:
YSU wins 30-27!!!

http://ysusports.com/football/1999/stats/game12.htm

HiHiYikas
November 11th, 2006, 08:09 AM
I honestly can't see JMU getting a trip to Chatty in 2004. I mean they eek by a 5-6 Maine team and a 3-8 Richmond team. I just don't see a team like Furman, W&M (who already beat them once), or Montana could possily lose to the Dukes, especially if JMU has to play on the road. They're looking an awful lot like an early-exit team.

I honestly can't see Delaware getting a trip to Chatty in 2003. I mean they eek by a 5-7 New Hampshire team and lose to 8-4 Northeastern...

I honestly can't see Western Kentucky getting a trip to Chatty in 2002, with Western Illinois and McNeese also in the mix...

MR. CHICKEN
November 11th, 2006, 08:13 AM

AH SECOND...DAT EMOTION.........:beerchug:.......BRAWK!

AZGrizFan
November 11th, 2006, 08:16 AM
While I'm very glad you're telling the truth and I know it... I'd think Montana would have an easy time vs. YSU... don't ask me why, I just feel it.

Montana won't have an easy time with anyone....except maybe Hampton or USD.

JMU_MRD'03-'07
November 11th, 2006, 09:51 AM
I honestly can't see JMU getting a trip to Chatty in 2004. I mean they eek by a 5-6 Maine team and a 3-8 Richmond team. I just don't see a team like Furman, W&M (who already beat them once), or Montana could possily lose to the Dukes, especially if JMU has to play on the road. They're looking an awful lot like an early-exit team.

I honestly can't see Delaware getting a trip to Chatty in 2003. I mean they eek by a 5-7 New Hampshire team and lose to 8-4 Northeastern...

I honestly can't see Western Kentucky getting a trip to Chatty in 2002, with Western Illinois and McNeese also in the mix...

Thats the beauty of the A10 and Gateway... conferences that are that strong top to bottom produce sleepers like that. And they'll put some shock and awe on you. :cool:

Saint3333
November 11th, 2006, 10:05 AM

ASU eeks by GSU due to FOUR turnovers, a good team winning ugly.
ASU eeks by Wofford just like South Carolina did, didn't they just roll GSU...
JMU - been there done that
Furman - ditto
CCU - lost to Elon and GSU, beat a Furman team without their starting QB by one score, didn't ASU just dominate Furman.
Cal Poly - this team would scare me, but it looks like NDSU will take care of them today.
UMass- will likely play in Montana's bracket with no upsets against ASU, Montana, and UMass so ASU wouldn't see them until Nooga.

Teams that could take ASU out before Nooga - ISU & YSU

I wouldn't be surprised if ASU doesn't make it to Nooga, but would anybody really be surprised if they did:thumbsup: .

PantherRob82
November 11th, 2006, 10:14 AM
My early pick is YSU-JMU, but I haven't really seen UMass, App St or Montana play.

hapapp
November 11th, 2006, 01:26 PM
I am a big Armanti Edwards fan. He is an exciting player with a great deal of skill. It is even more exciting to think that he will be at ASU for 3 more years. All that said, I think it will be extremely difficult for ASU to repeat with a true freshmen at the helm. I would think JMU or UMass would most likely represent the east coast. Montana or YSU would be possiblilities as well. Of course, there are going to be a host of teams good enough to make it. Next weekend will tell us more when the brackets are revealed.

PantherRob82
November 11th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Next weekend will tell us more when the brackets are revealed.
The brackets will determine a lot for me. Opponents can change my opinion on a lot of the top teams. They've all had their struggles.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 11th, 2006, 04:06 PM
this is what i see the semis looking like...

James Madison at Montana

the winner plays the winner of

New Hampshire at Appalachian State

I'm predicting UNH will win big over Maine and get in. They have been kind of slack lately but they are still the team that beat Northwestern 34-17.

The national championship would be Montana versus Appalachian State.

PantherRob82
November 11th, 2006, 04:10 PM
right now it looks like we'll be at home. :bang:

rmutv
November 11th, 2006, 04:39 PM
I'm going to go with Montana and Massachusetts. But I do think there are a ton of options and a ton of possibilities, which should make the whole process a blast!

skinny_uncle
November 11th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Coastal bias!

mtgrizfan4life
November 11th, 2006, 04:43 PM
I will keep this short, but MT offense finally broke out today. Check out montanagrizzlies.com and egriz.com for more details. Todays win clinched the BSC share of the title without pressure against the CATS. Best case scenario for the GRIZ is home throughout the playoffs. Worse case scenario is 2 home games.

What am I getting at? The road to the NCS is through Missoula, MT, home GRIZ NATION, Home of 110 Decibals, Home of the rowdiest 1AA fans, Home of the most intimidating venue in 1AA. Good luck to any foes coming to Missoula. May the weather be truly winter come the playoffs too!!!!!! Hope any fans enjoy the environment, tailgating, missoula, griznation video, Wash/GRIZ, EPSN, Monte, ETC. WE welcome whoever it is with open arms!!!! We will be friendly until game time, the we are bitter enemies, afterwards we are all friends again!!!! BRING ON THE CATS NOW!!!! let the trashtalking begin!!!!!!

Daved
November 11th, 2006, 09:59 PM
My early pick is YSU-JMU, but I haven't really seen UMass, App St or Montana play.Amazes me that you would pick YSU especially after we both saw how awful they played in the UNI game.

ISUMatt
November 11th, 2006, 10:04 PM
HOMER PICK ALERT!!!

Illinois State vs Massachusetts

GGASU
November 11th, 2006, 10:20 PM

You mention teams (Furman and CCU) who lost by a combined score of 71-10 in Boone. xidiotx

If the game was in Boone againist the Eagles, the Socon Cellar Dwellers would have lost by 50.

Block-A
November 11th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Thank goodness I've got two weeks to get my Thanksgiving Saturday playoff tickets!

See ya in Boone

GreatAppSt
November 11th, 2006, 10:35 PM
The NCAA wants da $$$$$$$ Furmie, JMU, NewHampy, and UMassy will all be in the Apps Bracket!:nonono2: xidiotx No repeat:bawling: :bawling: Courtesy the commitee:mad: :mad: Count it!$$$$

HensRock
November 11th, 2006, 10:40 PM
The NCAA wants da $$$$$$$ Furmie, JMU, NewHampy, and UMassy will all be in the Apps Bracket!:nonono2: xidiotx No repeat:bawling: :bawling: Courtesy the commitee:mad: :mad: Count it!$$$$

UMass will not be in App's side of the bracket.

ASU #1 & UMass #2 or #3 my friend. Count that.

umassfan
November 11th, 2006, 10:46 PM

I second that. But I do hope that JMU and UNH are on Apps side of the bracket.

GrizFamily
November 11th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Hmmm, I like our chances. We are right where we want to be. Now all we have to do is take care of a little business at home against Bob's cat and we owe them one. And after how the offense broke out today.....like I said in the opening. I like where we are.

I'm in. I'll be in Chatty on the 15th for the chipper and I hope to be cheering for the Griz against....

YSU to make up for getting woofed last year.

GreatAppSt
November 11th, 2006, 11:24 PM

HR, umm if ASU is the #1 seed isn't the 3 seed in their bracket?

Time for a reCount, my dimpled chad is hangin.xlolx :D

umassfan
November 11th, 2006, 11:46 PM
HR, umm if ASU is the #1 seed isn't the 3 seed in their bracket?

Time for a reCount, my dimpled chad is hangin.xlolx :D
No the 4 seed is in their bracket.

CopperCat
November 11th, 2006, 11:46 PM
I will keep this short, but MT offense finally broke out today. Check out montanagrizzlies.com and egriz.com for more details. Todays win clinched the BSC share of the title without pressure against the CATS. Best case scenario for the GRIZ is home throughout the playoffs. Worse case scenario is 2 home games.

What am I getting at? The road to the NCS is through Missoula, MT, home GRIZ NATION, Home of 110 Decibals, Home of the rowdiest 1AA fans, Home of the most intimidating venue in 1AA. Good luck to any foes coming to Missoula. May the weather be truly winter come the playoffs too!!!!!! Hope any fans enjoy the environment, tailgating, missoula, griznation video, Wash/GRIZ, EPSN, Monte, ETC. WE welcome whoever it is with open arms!!!! We will be friendly until game time, the we are bitter enemies, afterwards we are all friends again!!!! BRING ON THE CATS NOW!!!! let the trashtalking begin!!!!!!

Refer to the smackboard to prevent further damage to the integrity of this thread.

GreatAppSt
November 12th, 2006, 12:47 AM
It's a shame we can't play you guys year in and year out.. That be a classic matchup.. Pack each of our what I call: #1 and #2 I-AA Stadiums; :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused: :confused:

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/attendance/IAA_ATTENDANCE.pdf

:read: :read: :read: :read: :read: :read: :thumbsup:

KiddBrewer
November 12th, 2006, 03:21 AM
Appalachian vs. Illinois State

if not:nonono2: then.....

YSU vs. Montana

GreatAppSt
November 16th, 2006, 11:46 PM
No the 4 seed is in their bracket.

looks like the bracket of rematches may be forming up for App in some sportswriters opinions as well.:nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: Coastals never been to UM, and Mcneese has never been to Boone come on Commitee do something different and exciting for the fans.:thumbsup:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN4049414.htm

Bracket I: Coastal Carolina at No. 1 Appalachian State; Hampton at James Madison; Eastern Illinois at No. 4 Youngstown State; New Hampshire at Furman.

Bracket II: McNeese State at No. 2 Montana; Portland State at Southern Illinois; Lehigh at No. 3 Massachusetts; UT-Martin at Illinois State.

APPST '93
November 17th, 2006, 04:15 AM
If Montana wins tomorrow??????? It will take a damn good team and perfect game for ASU or Montana to get beat at home. IMO

See you in Chatty Montana.:thumbsup:

UMass922
November 17th, 2006, 04:27 AM
homer pick: UMASS over APPALACHIAN STATE
(I want my team to win, and I want them to beat the defending champs.)

non-homer pick: YOUNGSTOWN STATE over ILLINOIS STATE
(The Gateway teams will enter the playoffs as battle-tested as anyone this year, and I can see YSU riding that stud running back of theirs all the way to the title.)

Go Apps
November 17th, 2006, 04:32 AM
First the committee wants the $$$$ you are right, that is why they want ASU and Montana as the #1 and #2 seeds - the highest attendance the highest possible $$$$

Second as much as I want App to get to Chatty - I see UMASS and YSU - Please prove me wrong Apps!

ASU Kep
November 17th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Before a game of football was played this season, I picked YSU as my sleeper NC pick. For a little while things looked down, but they are looking damn dangerous again. While I think beating App or Montana at home is one really tall order, one of us will be. My prediction:

ASU vs. YSU

...I'll revise my pick once the field is announced, because ASU and YSU very well might be in the same bracket.

FlyYtown
November 17th, 2006, 05:35 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused: :confused:

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/attendance/IAA_ATTENDANCE.pdf

:read: :read: :read: :read: :read: :read: :thumbsup:

I said the #1 and #2 STADIUMS, not attendance's!!!!! I know Boone gets like 135% of their total seats!!!

Still---Washington-Griz and Stambaugh Stadium are 2nd to none in I-AA!

If Montana LOSES: I see Youngstown State vs. Appy State; if Montana wins: Youngstown vs. Montana!

Tribe4SF
November 17th, 2006, 06:16 AM
UMass over ASU in the final. Look for UMass to get the #2 seed.

HensRock
November 17th, 2006, 08:36 AM
I'm going with an A-10 final. UNH vs. UMass

UNH had a mid-season slump, but they are playing much better on defense now. If Santos and Co. get it in gear for the playoffs they are capable of playing at a whole different level.

UMass has been under-rated all year. Yes, even at #3 in the nation. They are very solid in all aspects of the game.

BillLuc1982
November 17th, 2006, 08:38 AM
YSU versus Montana

WrenFGun
November 17th, 2006, 09:07 AM
UNH has to survive a very tough Maine game, but if they can get in, and their coach doesn't decide we have to run the ball because it's getting colder, they have a chance to do some damage. But, like a lot of other teams, I think they need a lot of help. They need to matchup with some teams that are 1-dimensional offensively, and who have gotten by with solid defenses. UNH can be torn to shreds with a solid running game and even a complementary passing game, so they really have to avoid that. They also can't afford to get down too much early, though I'd argue they play best when that's the case.

I will predict UNH beats Maine, and it's all up in the air post that.

As for my National Champion Pick: UMass over APP State.

walliver
November 17th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Montana 21
Furman 17

I know that Jerry Moore walks on water and the Armanti Edwards is the second coming of the Messiah, but it also takes a little luck to win four games in a row against play-off level competition. I think the Mountain men will have trouble beating the Purple Horsey Men twice in one year. App State also needs to look out for Coastal Carolina in the first round. ASU has a much better team, but Coastal seems to get up for key games, and ASU attendance at first round games has traditionally been fairly low (compared to regular season and later rounds) - it is a potential upset game. I picked Furman #1 in my initial AGS ballot, but I don't think they have what it takes to win it all.

I'll be honest and admit that I practice east coast bias and don't know a lot about west coast teams so I stuck with a tried-and-true selection.

MYTAPPY
November 17th, 2006, 09:33 AM
For a wierd reason I don't want to see UNH come to Boone for the playoffs. I know App will be a the Rock throughout but I have a bad feeling about facing the Wildcats.

My pick.....App over the Griz 21-19.

AndrewFU21
November 17th, 2006, 09:38 AM
UMass- my pick for the title in September, still going strong and don't really have a weakness

Appalachian- it is hard to see them losing at home

The Minutemen, with their more balanced offense, triumphs over ASU, whose true freshman QB struggles against a top notch defense, in a close low-scoring game.

SirApp
November 17th, 2006, 09:49 AM
ASU vs ISU

I could see YSU or UMASS making it as well.

LarryBoy
November 17th, 2006, 09:54 AM
I would be shocked if the Paladins made it to Chattanooga. That being said, Furman has the potential to be a very dangerous team in the playoffs. The two week break will enable us to be as healthy as we've been since before the Coastal game (Bobby has said that Renaldo and Felton should be 100% for real this time). Our defense has really stepped it up since the Boone bashing. Our OL starters will either heal, or the guys in there now will continue to improve with big game experience. R-Fr RJ Webb has become a monster receiving threat (including the deep threat we've been needing). Cedric Gipson is playing the best football of his career, and backup Stephan LaFrance, who could be even more dynamic, is really settling in.

Ultimately, I think it will come down to the same question: will Gray and Felton return to be the threats that they were before they were injured? If Felton returns to his defensive back-mutilating ways, and Renaldo can find his receivers with the unbelievable percision we saw against UNC, Western, and Wofford, then Furman can be scary.

Oh, UMass over Montana.

mcveyrl
November 17th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Part of me (and I do not know why) would like to see Furman in 'Nooga. Not predicting that they will, but would like to see it (unless they play JMU, then I hope they get crushed :D

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 17th, 2006, 10:24 AM
For a wierd reason I don't want to see UNH come to Boone for the playoffs. I know App will be a the Rock throughout but I have a bad feeling about facing the Wildcats.

If you can run the ball and you have a pass rush, you can beat UNH. It's that simple. They are a good team, but that's their achilles heel. I think App St would beat UNH by a touchdown, maybe 2-3 TDs if they win the turnover battle.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 17th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Oh, and my homer of a Title Game prediction: JMU vs Illinois State

Chants '07
November 17th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Umass v App in the final.

***Look out for my chants though, we could be a potential bracket buster***

AlphaSigMD
November 17th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Montana 21
Furman 17

I know that Jerry Moore walks on water and the Armanti Edwards is the second coming of the Messiah, but it also takes a little luck to win four games in a row against play-off level competition. I think the Mountain men will have trouble beating the Purple Horsey Men twice in one year. App State also needs to look out for Coastal Carolina in the first round. ASU has a much better team, but Coastal seems to get up for key games, and ASU attendance at first round games has traditionally been fairly low (compared to regular season and later rounds) - it is a potential upset game. I picked Furman #1 in my initial AGS ballot, but I don't think they have what it takes to win it all.

I'll be honest and admit that I practice east coast bias and don't know a lot about west coast teams so I stuck with a tried-and-true selection.

Jerry neither walks on water nor is armanti the messiah. But, that being said...ASU will not lose at home. I'll go on record and say it flat out. Is it possible, of course. Will it happen, NO. I would dance if I saw that furman had another chance to come to the Rock. Who wouldn't like to see them get smacked for 40 again.

CCU has no shot. UNH isn't balanced enough and their defense is two-ply. JMU has already proven they can't score consistantly at the rock. Youngstown State and UMass would be the Only possible threats, and even they might win 1 in 10 in NC...but UMass won't be in our bracket. So, we are left with a youngstown state team that could be the only other rep from our side. Personally...I would LOVE to see Montana State win and have Montana be put in ASU's braket. It'd never happen, but I would love to see the Griz at the Rock.

So ASU goes to Chatt...and we play a serious nailbiter against UMass, but still come out on top. ASU 24-UMass 17

Mountaineer#96
November 17th, 2006, 08:34 PM
I agree, we will not lose at home..........but for some reason I can't see us winning the NC with our current team. Oh how much I want to be proven wrong!!! I think we lose it in 'nooga by a field goal at most. Our team this year lacks a Richie Williams style influence on offense, I guess thats my major problem. I was a huge fan of what Richie brought to the table, for games like this not just physically.

His true talent laid inside of the locker room.

hapapp
November 17th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Our defense can keep us in any game, but I think our inconsistency on offense will cost against a quality defense. I would love to make another trip to Chattanooga and see the Apps win, but I just don't feel it happening.

Death Dealer
November 17th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Jerry neither walks on water nor is armanti the messiah. But, that being said...ASU will not lose at home. I'll go on record and say it flat out. Is it possible, of course. Will it happen, NO. I would dance if I saw that furman had another chance to come to the Rock. Who wouldn't like to see them get smacked for 40 again.
So ASU goes to Chatt...and we play a serious nailbiter against UMass, but still come out on top. ASU 24-UMass 17

I wouldn't dance too much MD....you guys are good, but not unbeatable. A healthy FU may be a little tougher to handle than you think...but I'm getting way ahead of myself, we gotta beat some other pretty tough competition before we have to worry about KB and the mountainqueers again.

In all honesty:

UMass and Montana....no idea what the score will be.

Chants '07
November 17th, 2006, 09:18 PM

CCU has no shot. UNH isn't balanced enough and their defense is two-ply. JMU has already proven they can't score consistantly at the rock. Youngstown State and UMass would be the Only possible threats, and even they might win 1 in 10 in NC...but UMass won't be in our bracket. So, we are left with a youngstown state team that could be the only other rep from our side. Personally...I would LOVE to see Montana State win and have Montana be put in ASU's braket. It'd never happen, but I would love to see the Griz at the Rock.

40+ seniors on the roster
1st playoff appearance in school history
Payton Award Candidate at QB
One of the most athletic WR's in the country
An All-American LB
Another All-American candidate at FS

you're right, CCU has NO SHOT!!!

We're gonna take care of CSU first then we'll worry about the playoffs!

AndrewFU21
November 17th, 2006, 09:25 PM
I would be shocked if the Paladins made it to Chattanooga. That being said, Furman has the potential to be a very dangerous team in the playoffs. The two week break will enable us to be as healthy as we've been since before the Coastal game (Bobby has said that Renaldo and Felton should be 100% for real this time). Our defense has really stepped it up since the Boone bashing. Our OL starters will either heal, or the guys in there now will continue to improve with big game experience. R-Fr RJ Webb has become a monster receiving threat (including the deep threat we've been needing). Cedric Gipson is playing the best football of his career, and backup Stephan LaFrance, who could be even more dynamic, is really settling in.

Ultimately, I think it will come down to the same question: will Gray and Felton return to be the threats that they were before they were injured? If Felton returns to his defensive back-mutilating ways, and Renaldo can find his receivers with the unbelievable percision we saw against UNC, Western, and Wofford, then Furman can be scary.

Oh, UMass over Montana.

I haven't been that impressed with our team for most of this year, but I agree with your assessment. I think you can draw a lot of similarities between this year's FU team and last year's UNI squad that made it to Chatty. A solid, young team that had to battle through some injuries, especially at the QB position, and had to step up at the end of the year to make the playoffs, coming in under the radar. If Gray and Felton are back at 100%, we will be a tough out for anyone in the field. I think a lot will depend on the matchups: I'm not sure I like our chances against teams that are really good at stopping the run, or that have a good passing game with tall receivers.

Tailbone
November 17th, 2006, 11:07 PM
UMass and Montana....no idea what the score will be.

If Montana wins the Brawl, UMass and Montana will likely be in the same bracket. No NC game between these two.

Death Dealer
November 17th, 2006, 11:48 PM
If Montana wins the Brawl, UMass and Montana will likely be in the same bracket. No NC game between these two.

Oooh yea, too bad!

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Will be interesting to see the brackets.

Saluki_man
November 18th, 2006, 11:47 AM
The only prediction I will make on the playoffs is a gateway team will be a major factor in determining the winner this year.

GreatAppSt
November 18th, 2006, 01:10 PM

Are you kidding? We want UNH in our bracket, badly.:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

SouthernEagle02
November 18th, 2006, 01:25 PM
San Diego 45
App St 15
Bank on it!
:D :D