PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Games - Week 11

TypicalTribe
November 5th, 2014, 10:06 AM
James Madison at Stony Brook - Dukes rallied to stay in the at-large mix last week; can they keep it going at a tough Seawolves team?
Delaware at Albany - Last gasps of at-large hopes on the line in the capital city; long shots anyway, but still
Coastal Carolina at Charlotte - Chants try to go to 10-0 against a 49er team that has played people tough all year; don't look ahead

10(a). Bethune at Norfolk St - The Spartans record isn't gaudy at 4-5 but they're a dangerous home team in a MEAC elimination game
10(b). Morgan St at NC A&T - The other half of the MEAC battles between 4-1 teams; Aggies need to keep winning for at-large hopes
9. Wofford at Chattanooga - Mocs looking to finish off off the SoCon but Terriers have been hanging around; Letdown game?
8. SF Austin at McNeese - Even Cowboys own fans don't think they're very good; time to start showing it as SLC race gets serious
7. Cal Poly at Idaho State - Sure, we all saw this one coming a month ago; Mustang mettle or Kramer magic in Pocatello?
6. South Dakota State at Indiana State - Not quite an elimination game, but pretty close; Sycs still looking for respect
5. Montana at Eastern Washington - Arguably a must-win for the Grizz given their computer profile; Eagles looking to punch a ticket
4. Fordham at Bucknell - The game of the year in the Patriot League; Rams want no part of the at-large pool; Can Bison pull an upset?
3. Jacksonville St at Eastern Kentucky - Game of the year in the OVC; loser solid for an at-large, but JSU is hungry for a top 4 seed
2. Y'town St at Illinois St - Guins looking to avoid another collapse; Redbirds don't want to go down that road; winner playoff bound
1. North Dakota State at Northern Iowa - Not as strong a rankings battle as #2, but this game has a bit of everything, including fan bases that really don't like each other. Panthers trying to walk their annual 4 loss tightrope against the Bison; what a win this would be

McNeese72
November 5th, 2014, 10:27 AM
James Madison at Stony Brook - Dukes rallied to stay in the at-large mix last week; can they keep it going at a tough Seawolves team?
Delaware at Albany - Last gasps of at-large hopes on the line in the capital city; long shots anyway, but still
Coastal Carolina at Charlotte - Chants try to go to 10-0 against a 49er team that has played people tough all year; don't look ahead

10(a). Bethune at Norfolk St - The Spartans record isn't gaudy at 4-5 but they're a dangerous home team in a MEAC elimination game
10(b). Morgan St at NC A&T - The other half of the MEAC battles between 4-1 teams; Aggies need to keep winning for at-large hopes
9. Wofford at Chattanooga - Mocs looking to finish off off the SoCon but Terriers have been hanging around; Letdown game?
8. SF Austin at McNeese - Even Cowboys own fans don't think they're very good; time to start showing it as SLC race gets serious
7. Cal Poly at Idaho State - Sure, we all saw this one coming a month ago; Mustang mettle or Kramer magic in Pocatello?
6. South Dakota State at Indiana State - Not quite an elimination game, but pretty close; Sycs still looking for respect
5. Montana at Eastern Washington - Arguably a must-win for the Grizz given their computer profile; Eagles looking to punch a ticket
4. Fordham at Bucknell - The game of the year in the Patriot League; Rams want no part of the at-large pool; Can Bison pull an upset?
3. Jacksonville St at Eastern Kentucky - Game of the year in the OVC; loser solid for an at-large, but JSU is hungry for a top 4 seed
2. Y'town St at Illinois St - Guins looking to avoid another collapse; Redbirds don't want to go down that road; winner playoff bound
1. North Dakota State at Northern Iowa - Not as strong a rankings battle as #2, but this game has a bit of everything, including fan bases that really don't like each other. Panthers trying to walk their annual 4 loss tightrope against the Bison; what a win this would be

This team has jekyll and hyde personalitiies not only from game to game but from half to half. We were very focused in the first half of the Northwestern St. game and then lost it, along with getting too conservative, the second half. I don't think we have yet to play a full game since the Nebraska game. Hopefully it will be this week against SFA.

tomq04
November 5th, 2014, 10:39 AM
My favorite part about the NDSU game is that even if they lose, I can't imagine them not being #1 the following week.

Trumpster
November 5th, 2014, 11:04 AM
My favorite part about the NDSU game is that even if they lose, I can't imagine them not being #1 the following week.
Just like voters feel that they shouldn't drop a team until they lose, they also feel they need to when they do lose. All hail CCU amirite?

TypicalTribe
November 5th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Just like voters feel that they shouldn't drop a team until they lose, they also feel they need to when they do lose. All hail CCU amirite?

I think the more interesting team would be Jax St. They are pretty close to CCU in the AGS poll and play the much tougher opponent this week, on the road at #12 EKU. If they were to win, I think they'll jump over the Chants. Don't think they would move past UNH or NDSU even if the Bison lose, but it's a better possibility than CCU.

In the other polls, though, I wouldn't put anything past those voters.

Grizalltheway
November 5th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Montana/EWU way too low. Fordham and Bucknell? xrolleyesx

Mattymc727
November 5th, 2014, 11:40 AM
What a great week of games! Excited about 1-8!

Too bad there isnt an FCS Red Zone channel you could pay for like the NFL. I would buy that in a heartbeat.

tomq04
November 5th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Montana/EWU way too low. Fordham and Bucknell? xrolleyesx

EWU/UM game should be #1 IMO...am I biased?