PDA

View Full Version : GPI - Week 11

TypicalTribe
November 4th, 2014, 12:44 PM
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/articles/20141104gpi.htm

As usual, for informational purposes only. Here's what the field would look like. I have taken the liberty of naming Northern Arizona, Sam Houston State and South Carolina State as auto-bid winners from the Big Sky, Southland and MEAC since they will take those titles by winning out. So, here we go:

Auto-bids: NAU, Coastal, UNH, SCSU, NDSU, Bryant, JSU, Fordham, Jax, Chatty, Sammy
At-large: Ill St, Villanova, EWU, UNI, Indy St, YSU, Richmond, SDSU, McNeese, SELA, SIU, Liberty, Idaho St

On the bubble (average computer rank):

Montana (26)
EKU (25)
Cal Poly (24)
Montana St (28)

JMU (30)
SFA (32)
BCC (36)
W&M (34)

Bucknell (40)
SCSU (45)
Albany (46)
Lamar (50)
NC A&T (51)

Discuss

centennial
November 4th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Inb4 too many MVFC teams

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 4th, 2014, 01:12 PM
"KEE" has UNH 18th and Coastal 21st.

Who or what is "KEE" and why is he or she included in this thing?

lionsrking2
November 4th, 2014, 01:20 PM
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/articles/20141104gpi.htm

As usual, for informational purposes only. Here's what the field would look like. I have taken the liberty of naming Northern Arizona, Sam Houston State and South Carolina State as auto-bid winners from the Big Sky, Southland and MEAC since they will take those titles by winning out. So, here we go:

Auto-bids: NAU, Coastal, UNH, SCSU, NDSU, Bryant, JSU, Fordham, Jax, Chatty, Sammy
At-large: Ill St, Villanova, EWU, UNI, Indy St, YSU, Richmond, SDSU, McNeese, SELA, SIU, Liberty, Idaho St

On the bubble (average computer rank):

Montana (26)
EKU (25)
Cal Poly (24)
Montana St (28)

JMU (30)
SFA (32)
BCC (36)
W&M (34)

Bucknell (40)
SCSU (45)
Albany (46)
Lamar (50)
NC A&T (51)

Discuss
Sam Houston won't necessarily get the Southland autobid if they win out. If we win out, it'll come down to how NW State and SFA finish in the standings. If SFA finishes higher than NW State then Sam would get it. If NW finishes higher than SFA, we would get it. Still a lot of football to be played.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 4th, 2014, 01:23 PM

Keeper
http://home.comcast.net/~keepersfootball/site/

A link to Keeper ranking....some sort of a computer ranking
http://home.comcast.net/~keepersfootball/fcsrank10.htm

toobahcowboy
November 4th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Lamar is on the bubble???

CasualFan
November 4th, 2014, 01:25 PM

Good question, I was looking at that too. CCU is also dinged to 20 by the Born model, but it has UNH at number 4.

I know the knock on CCU is strength of schedule, maybe one of the models values a tough schedule more than winning? I confess to not knowing a thing about UNH other than they are considered to be pretty good.

RabidRabbit
November 4th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Yes. There will not be 7 MVFC teams. I would say a max of 5, unless UNI wins out (which includes beating NDSU this weekend). Otherwise, SIU and UNI are 1 loss away from being "out". IMO no more than 2 of ISU(B), SDSU, or YSU are getting in. YSU really needs 1, but more likely 2 wins in their last three. It could also easily fall to 2 MVFC teams if ISU(R) and NDSU win out, and YSU loses their last 3 (like last season), ISU(b) loses 2 of 3 (winning @YSU), and SDSU loses to either WIU or USD.

JSUBison
November 4th, 2014, 01:47 PM
Yes. There will not be 7 MVFC teams. I would say a max of 5, unless UNI wins out (which includes beating NDSU this weekend). Otherwise, SIU and UNI are 1 loss away from being "out". IMO no more than 2 of ISU(B), SDSU, or YSU are getting in. YSU really needs 1, but more likely 2 wins in their last three. It could also easily fall to 2 MVFC teams if ISU(R) and NDSU win out, and YSU loses their last 3 (like last season), ISU(b) loses 2 of 3 (winning @YSU), and SDSU loses to either WIU or USD.

I believe this is close to how things will shake out. It will be insane here. Ursus will be paying the mods overtime on selection Sunday if it does happen.