PDA

View Full Version : SHSU's Whitten, TXST's Bailiff Mentioned for UNT HC

TexasTerror
November 10th, 2006, 07:22 AM
In an article about UNT coaching possibilities from the Star-Telegram...

Wouldn't take it seriously. Seems they were throwing out names...

Sam Houston State coach Todd Whitten or Texas State coach David Bailiff . Both have strong Texas ties and have had recent national success with Division I-AA programs.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/colleges/15978416.htm

henfan
November 10th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Would UNT really be a step up the career ladder? Bailiff seems like he's got a good thing going- financially and otherwise- in San Marcos.

Spooney-Cat
November 10th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Bailiff does have a good thing going. He won't leave, at least not in the next couple years..

McNeese75
November 10th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Bailiff does have a good thing going. He won't leave, at least not in the next couple years..

Money Talks my friend :nod:

JohnStOnge
November 10th, 2006, 03:11 PM
They fired their head coach after his teams won the Sun Belt Conference championship during four of the league's six years of existence?

Ok, I know he's in the process of having two bad years in a row...but good GRIEF. What on earth do people expect at a school like North Texas trying to play in I-A in a State that's got 10 I-A programs including 4 in the Big 12, 4 in CUSA, and 1 in the MWC? Texas produces a lot of talent, but it's not like the Sun Belt school is going to get the pick of the litter recruiting wise.

DinoDex200
November 10th, 2006, 03:11 PM
If they get Bailiff, they need to put a clause in his contract that he will never take 3 straight knees while posessing 3 TO's, with 1:30 left in a tie game. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

beerkat
November 10th, 2006, 03:21 PM
I hope they are dumb enough to hire Whitten, that would be great

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 10th, 2006, 05:45 PM
is this really a serious thing? i would think a program like UNT (proven background with conference championships and such) would go after a Div. I-A assistant or something (maybe from UT)...

oh well...i don't think either Bailiff or Whitten will be leaving anytime soon. just my two cents though.

SFA 71
November 10th, 2006, 05:57 PM
I hope they are dumb enough to hire Whitten, that would be great

You sambos praise him out of the left side of your mouth & trash him out of the right side. Must be beer-polar :thumbsup:

beerkat
November 10th, 2006, 07:27 PM
no I trash him all the time

SFA 71
November 10th, 2006, 10:24 PM
no I trash him all the time

That's ok then. I like consistancy. :thumbsup:

patssle
November 10th, 2006, 10:55 PM
you must LOVE your football team then! they are VERY consistent at losing! :lmao:

SFA 71
November 11th, 2006, 04:16 PM
you must LOVE your football team then! they are VERY consistent at losing! :lmao:

...BUG-TUSSLE. Me & the Jacks are tight. I thought the sambos & the Jacks have won & lost the same number in the last couple of weeks. :thumbsup:

PantherRob82
November 11th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Why would you want Bailiff? xidiotx

blackfordpu
November 11th, 2006, 04:57 PM
TW needs to prove a little more before he is in talks for any move up the career ladder.

blackfordpu
November 11th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Why would you want Bailiff? xidiotx

Maybe they want to start taking more "knees" during games. :nod: