PDA

View Full Version : Northern Iowa vs Illinois State

UNIFanSince1983
October 31st, 2014, 01:43 PM
So there was no thread I thought I would start one.

I feel like this video clip sums up my thinking about this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lytZ7fYOlgU

Hoping for a good game though.

Go Panthers!!

clenz
October 31st, 2014, 01:49 PM
UNI's defense is good enough to give the offense chances to win the game.

Can Salmon not **** his pants calling plays this week?

If so UNI wins a close one.

If not, ISUr rolls

Mattymc727
October 31st, 2014, 02:04 PM
Go Panthers!

deez_na
October 31st, 2014, 02:11 PM
This should be a good game. Illinois State has looked pretty dang solid, had a scare at Western Illinois and a tough Indiana St game otherwise they been rolling. UNI has their backs against the wall if they wanna make the playoffs. They need this game and I think they get a close Win

unigriff
October 31st, 2014, 02:12 PM
Sorry. Usually I start the thread. Been busy. Game really comes down to. Can Farley remember how to defend the read option like when we had Rennie. If so, defensively ISUR will struggle to score. Dj has to get 30 touches (20+ productive touches) again this week for UNI to have a chance. If Carnes can keep improving his throwing that'd be nicw. If Sawyer plays we're screwed.

UNIFanSince1983
October 31st, 2014, 02:49 PM
Side note UNI will be wearing these helmets tomorrow as well.

dewey
October 31st, 2014, 03:05 PM
Side note UNI will be wearing these helmets tomorrow as well.

Pretty cool helmet.

I think UNI wins this game.

Dewey

Herder
October 31st, 2014, 03:06 PM
Quite frankly, I have no idea what to expect with this game. High scoring, low scoring, who wins . . . I have no feel for this one. Must win for UNI, so does this help or hurt? If the Birds can pull it out, put a fork in UNI . . . and that's a bit of motivation for the Reds. As a Bison fan, I am hoping for a 4 quarter battle to take a little steam out of both of them, but sure the heck don't want a 7-5 UNI team in my 2nd round playoff bracket.

It is unbelievable that UNI is 4-4 with their senior leadership. I was convinced that they would be the team to beat in the MVFC this year. Starting to wonder about chemistry.

tomq04
October 31st, 2014, 03:34 PM
Cool helmets!

Houndawg
October 31st, 2014, 04:44 PM
Sorry. Usually I start the thread. Been busy. Game really comes down to. Can Farley remember how to defend the read option like when we had Rennie. If so, defensively ISUR will struggle to score. Dj has to get 30 touches (20+ productive touches) again this week for UNI to have a chance. If Carnes can keep improving his throwing that'd be nicw. If Sawyer plays we're screwed.

DJ should be fresh for the final stretch compared to the competition. He's going to go ape**** one of these games, probably against us.

Drblankstare
November 1st, 2014, 06:21 PM
Anyone got an update on what's going on?

unigriff
November 2nd, 2014, 01:24 AM
once again. DJ 32 touches (29 rushes, 1 receiving, also 2 KO returns). Panthers win.

JayJ79
November 2nd, 2014, 01:43 AM
once again. DJ 32 touches (29 rushes, 1 receiving, also 2 KO returns). Panthers win.

and he had a tackle as well. (not that it really mattered, as it was after a LONG INT return, and they scored shortly there after, but still)
rushing, receiving, KO returns, passing (last week), tackling

UNIFanSince1983
November 2nd, 2014, 07:08 AM
Anyone got an update on what's going on?

For whatever reason they didn't use this thread as the game day thread. They used the generic MVFC thread.

UNI won 42-28

We had 21 points on defense and special teams. And as people said DJ had another great game!