View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 10

carney2
October 26th, 2014, 11:23 AM
LEHIGH @ GEORGETOWN

COLGATE @ FORDHAM

LAFAYETTE @ BUCKNELL

Bye: Holy Cross

Game of the Week:

All look like bad games. Choosing Lehigh @ Georgetown because it may prove something, but I don't know what.

Sader87
October 26th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Colgate-Fordham has to be the GotW carney....two undefeated in the league teams playing one another.

carney2
October 26th, 2014, 11:42 AM
Colgate-Fordham has to be the GotW carney....two undefeated in the league teams playing one another.

How do you make a probable blowout the Game of the Week? The Rams have pretty much played themselves out of Game of the Week consideration until Army.

Sader87
October 26th, 2014, 11:44 AM
While I don't disagree that it probably won't be close....it's still by far the marquee game this weekend. LU-GU may not draw 1,000 actual people.

carney2
October 26th, 2014, 11:57 AM
While I don't disagree that it probably won't be close....it's still by far the marquee game this weekend. LU-GU may not draw 1,000 actual people.

But LU @ GU may be competitive. And it may let us know which, if either, of these teams actually can play football. Nothing being proven in the Bronx except (again) that Fordham is so far superior to anything else in the Patriot League that they might as well be on another planet.

Sader87
October 26th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Probably right....since we're off, I'll shut up about it.

GTown and the Engineers aren't awful imo.....every team in the PL this year not named Fordham is about the same, below average to average.

jimbo65
October 26th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Lehigh
Fordham
Bucknell

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Gtown and Lehigh will be entertaining.

Colgate and Fordham has the chance to be more of a game with Colgate hanging around than the Lehigh game ever did. People who were thinking were seriously on dope.

BU LC might be a good one, but I really question the focus, ability, drive of the roster and our coaching. Hmm, sounds like 2010-2013. However, Bucky is no longer a calf.

Southsider
October 26th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Gtown and Lehigh will be entertaining.

Colgate and Fordham has the chance to be more of a game with Colgate hanging around than the Lehigh game ever did. People who were thinking were seriously on dope.

BU LC might be a good one, but I really question the focus, ability, drive of the roster and our coaching. Hmm, sounds like 2010-2013. However, Bucky is no longer a calf.

You just can't help yourself, can you..........again, you see what you want to see.

bison137
October 26th, 2014, 03:19 PM
BU LC might be a good one

I think this will be a very close game. For one thing, Bucknell has virtually run out of WR's - which makes them a lot more one-dimensional.

Ivytalk
October 26th, 2014, 04:36 PM
Lehigh
Fordham
Bucknell

Agreed.

bonarae
October 26th, 2014, 05:00 PM
Lehigh
Fordham
Bucknell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2014, 05:48 PM
You just can't help yourself, can you..........again, you see what you want to see.

Southsider, listen, read the thread and get a life.

Southsider
October 26th, 2014, 06:55 PM
xcoffeex

BucBisonAtLarge
October 26th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Georgetown- I don't like the unanimity here on the thread. Lehigh defensive weakness is decisive here for me. While I like Shafinsky, G'town's D is tough. If the Hoya offense shows up, it will be a hard afternoon for the Brown.
Fordham- No upset here, although it would be fun.
Bucknell- I think the Leopards are better than their record, and this will be close.

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2014, 10:50 PM
Yeah, don't pencil in Lehigh automatically. Hoyas looked tough, and Lehigh might treat them lightly. Even so, it was surprising to see Gtown move the ball efficiently when not committing penalties.

NY Crusader 2010
October 26th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Lehigh shouldn't take anyone lightly this year.

DFW HOYA
October 27th, 2014, 06:31 AM
Georgetown- I don't like the unanimity here on the thread. Lehigh defensive weakness is decisive here for me. While I like Shafinsky, G'town's D is tough. If the Hoya offense shows up, it will be a hard afternoon for the Brown.

The problem is skill positions on offense which Georgetown doesn't have--a direct by-product of non-scholarship football. The Hoyas average 12.7 points per game, and is the only PL team to rush for less than 1,000 yards on the entire season.

carney2
October 27th, 2014, 07:53 AM
LEHIGH @ GEORGETOWN - A knee jerk pick against the Hoyas I guess. Not a gimme.

COLGATE @ FORDHAM - Another blowout.

LAFAYETTE @ BUCKNELL - One could make a decent living betting against Frank Tavani coached teams.

CHIP72
October 27th, 2014, 08:43 AM

For once, I won't be attending the Lehigh game at Georgetown because I'll be visiting my brother in Houston, so I won't be contributing to the attendance.

I don't know what the exact attendance was for last year's Lafayette at Georgetown game (which was played the same weekend of the season as the upcoming LU/GU game), but I'd expect attendance to be similar - very solid visiting team turnout, but plenty of seating available if you are willing to sit in the areas away from the stadium* entrances at the south end of the field (i.e. north side of the west/home and east/visiting stands). Actually, the weather may also be a factor and keep the attendance down further; it is expected to be cool and blustery (unlike last year's Lafayette game, which had warm weather with a couple of brief rain showers).

*Yes, I know calling Multi-Sport Field a stadium is stretching the definition of the word stadium.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 27th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Bucknell will beat Lafayette by 3 touchdowns or more

Pard4Life
October 27th, 2014, 09:40 AM

We are not that pathetic.

Pards Rule
October 27th, 2014, 10:18 AM
I think this will be a very close game. For one thing, Bucknell has virtually run out of WR's - which makes them a lot more one-dimensional.

I was going to get out to Lewisburg for this one but we are opening the Saxbys Coffee at Peddlers Village in Buckingham PA that day so I want to be there for that. I was out there two years ago and met this nice guy after game and we talked a few minutes. He was frosh QB backup then, number 18 I believe. Is he the starter now I was wondering??

bison137
October 27th, 2014, 10:25 AM

Absoulutely no way. I'm not even sure Bucknell will win, and if they do it likely will be very close. BU has virtually run out of WR's. If Carney was at Bucknell and had eligibility, he might start there this week.

bison137
October 27th, 2014, 10:33 AM
I was going to get out to Lewisburg for this one but we are opening the Saxbys Coffee at Peddlers Village in Buckingham PA that day so I want to be there for that. I was out there two years ago and met this nice guy after game and we talked a few minutes. He was frosh QB backup then, number 18 I believe. Is he the starter now I was wondering??

That would have been Brian Connolly, who was one of three frosh QB's that year and likely #3 of that bunch. He left school after that year - not sure where he went. He definitely wouldn't be starting had he stayed.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 27th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Absoulutely no way. I'm not even sure Bucknell will win, and if they do it likely will be very close. BU has virtually run out of WR's. If Carney was at Bucknell and had eligibility, he might start there this week.

I watched the second half of the Lafayette game last week - I'd reconsider that if I were you. You might not need receivers to win the game.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 27th, 2014, 10:46 AM

Not far from where I live! Not Lewisburg, the Saxbys coffee.

Pards Rule
October 27th, 2014, 10:48 AM
That would have been Brian Connolly, who was one of three frosh QB's that year and likely #3 of that bunch. He left school after that year - not sure where he went. He definitely wouldn't be starting had he stayed.

Ok, that is correct. He was like 6-5 or so I recall. Hmmm, cant find anything on net regarding him other than being from Ossining NY and playing the one season for the Bison. I assume no Bison player will ever again will shake my hand or talk to me! Touch of departure!!

Pard4Life
October 27th, 2014, 10:50 AM
I watched the second half of the Lafayette game last week - I'd reconsider that if I were you. You might not need receivers to win the game.

Are you sure, LFN? Because we held HC to three points in the second half...

Pards Rule
October 27th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Not far from where I live! Not Lewisburg, the Saxby's coffee.

yes indeed - 3 Morton Street. AKA Lehigh in our parlance, not Bethlehem (to my chagrin!)...I came on after that opened a year ago November as I understand.

Pards Rule
October 27th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Not far from where I live! Not Lewisburg, the Saxby's coffee.

and no apostrophe please - Saxbys :) I learned that the first day here!!

PAllen
October 27th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Home teams across the board. Lehigh's defense is just fundamentally broken. They don't know how to tackle. Many are just jogging on plays. Our DBs just don't know how to play the position. Oh, and Coen has no clue how to fix it as was evident by his comments on Saturday. While I think it might be premature to can him, Coen's got to be feeling some heat on his bottom at this point. Any chance we bring Cecchini back as HC and lure Gilmore home from HC with a nice salary bump?

Sader87
October 27th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Home teams across the board. Lehigh's defense is just fundamentally broken. They don't know how to tackle. Many are just jogging on plays. Our DBs just don't know how to play the position. Oh, and Coen has no clue how to fix it as was evident by his comments on Saturday. While I think it might be premature to can him, Coen's got to be feeling some heat on his bottom at this point. Any chance we bring Cecchini back as HC and lure Gilmore home from HC with a nice salary bump?

LMAO.....what a collection of miserable pricks we fans of the PL are this year!!!

HC, Laffy and LU are all calling for the coach's head.

GU is calling for the Admin's head.

BU basically doesn't care about football.

I think only CU, outside of FU, is relatively happy with how this season is going and even they are grumbling a bit ovah losing to Albany, Delaware etc.

Rough year for the PL....it will all be ovah soon.

PAllen
October 27th, 2014, 12:25 PM
I'm not calling for Coen's head yet, but someone's head has to roll soon. When you have players taking plays off, an entire defense that midway through the season still doesn't know how to wrap up while attempting a tackle, and most worrying of all, a safety backpedaling 25 yards away from a ball carrier on a run play. Someone is teaching these guys to be this bad as if they were pulling this crap in HS, they wouldn't get a look at this level. At this point it's not about schemes, or even positioning. It's about effort and basic fundamentals of the position.

Pards Rule
October 27th, 2014, 12:32 PM
I'm not calling for Coen's head yet, but someone's head has to roll soon. When you have players taking plays off, an entire defense that midway through the season still doesn't know how to wrap up while attempting a tackle, and most worrying of all, a safety backpedaling 25 yards away from a ball carrier on a run play. Someone is teaching these guys to be this bad as if they were pulling this crap in HS, they wouldn't get a look at this level. At this point it's not about schemes, or even positioning. It's about effort and basic fundamentals of the position.

Are these schollie players? Can a team pull it if the dude is dogging?

DFW HOYA
October 27th, 2014, 12:40 PM
GU is calling for the Admin's head.

Who is saying that?

PAllen
October 27th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Are these schollie players? Can a team pull it if the dude is dogging?

Some are underclassmen. Not sure if the team could, would, or should pull the scholly.

RichH2
October 27th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Some are underclassmen. Not sure if the team could, would, or should pull the scholly.
Keep in mind the schollie players are all underclassmen. This far into season " players out of position" falls solely on coaches. Can and have written paragraphs on our D,not going to rehash them again. Clear that they are not coordinated . It is not size,lack of athletic ability or desire,it is a failure of coaching.

carney2
October 27th, 2014, 01:39 PM

And if I were a running back I'd have 100 yds. by halftime.

Southsider
October 27th, 2014, 02:01 PM

+1

bison137
October 27th, 2014, 02:36 PM
I'm not even sure Bucknell will win, and if they do it likely will be very close. BU has virtually run out of WR's. If Carney was at Bucknell and had eligibility, he might start there this week.

And if I were a running back I'd have 100 yds. by halftime.

I think I'd prefer to see you in a Leopard uniform, as the main guy in the Frankosaurus offense.

jimbo65
October 27th, 2014, 04:59 PM
I think I'd prefer to see you in a Leopard uniform, as the main guy in the Frankosaurus offense.
If you are referring to that photo of a guy in a leopard outfit, I agree, that was creeeeeeeepy, to say the least. Happy Halloween.

Pard4Life
October 27th, 2014, 05:04 PM
If you are referring to that photo of a guy in a leopard outfit, I agree, that was creeeeeeeepy, to say the least. Happy Halloween.

LOL I get creeped out just thinking about it... xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no, you know he's got to go, go-go Frankosaurus!

carney2
October 27th, 2014, 06:51 PM

Have you seen or even heard rumor of the Lafayette offense? It's been christened Scheuerman and a prayer. Completely healthy and available for duty, the Leopard receiving corps is a significant notch below the Buff's empty bench. The o-line is now referred to (by me) as Stan's Fat Girls. Stan is offensive line "coach," Stan Clayton. This is year 5 of useless for them. Take away their tutus, rip the cheeseburgers out of their hands and send them packing. The only hope for this offense in 2014 is the Lehigh defense. It will be futile vs. hopeless in late November, and at megabucks per ticket. I fully expect the Buckies to hold the Pards to well under 250 yds. on Saturday.

Pard4Life
October 27th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Some people are spending $200 to watch this group play the Lehigh offense and a couple of body doubles on "defense."

Maybe, to our surprise, Alabama and Auburn will show up.

TheValleyRaider
October 27th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Rough go of it last week at 2-2, 34-12 on the season

Lehigh at Georgetown Lehigh It is not with the fullest confidence that I make this pick, as the Hoyas look capable in spurts. Hawks pull it out somehow, I think

Colgate at Fordham Colgate Still looking for the 1st road win of the year, though it's better than going 0-fer at home (like we did in 2013). Key will be to control the ball, control the clock, which just might be a strength of ours...

Lafayette at Bucknell Bucknell I'm not terribly confident about this pick, really, as the Bison have been shaky at times, and the Leopards generally unpredictable. Taking the home team

Gangtackle11
October 27th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Lehigh 45 Georgetown 17

Fordham 31 Colgate 24

Bucknell 17 Lafayette 7

Pard4Life
October 27th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Relax Valley... you will effortlessly demolish the Pards next weekend by controlling the ball for 40 minutes, rushing for nearly 500 yards, and scoring on 5 of your first 6 possessions. Fear not.

ngineer
October 27th, 2014, 09:32 PM
Some people are spending $200 to watch this group play the Lehigh offense and a couple of body doubles on "defense."

Maybe, to our surprise, Alabama and Auburn will show up.

Who's paying that kind of money other than people in suites/special boxes? Our seats are between the 30-40 and $50 plus the usual taxes/handling for grand total of $63.

ngineer
October 27th, 2014, 09:41 PM
I think Colgate will give Fordham a go for awhile with ball control, but no one has the talent level at the skill positions. Rams, 38-24.

Laughyette in disarray. OL is a mess and without winning the trench warfare, no one wins. Scheurerman a top notch back, but needs somewhere to run. Bison D should keep Leotards from having any long runs. Bucknell, 31-17.

Lehigh will be bringing the vaunted Marching '97 to MSF to entertain the Lehigh alums from the DC area. Hopefully we'll have more to cheer than some nifty high-stepping at halftime. Hoyas strength on defense is worrisome, but their anemic offense gives some comfort, similar to what we experienced at Cornell. Of course, we had to make that game 'interesting' too. I think Hoyas will hang around too long, but Lehigh prevails with more weapons on offense. LU, 34-20.

RichH2
October 27th, 2014, 10:01 PM
Who's paying that kind of money other than people in suites/special boxes? Our seats are between the 30-40 and $50 plus the usual taxes/handling for grand total of $63.

Tickets going for a lot more on StubHub. Up to $1300 for a pair. Caveat most of the other offers are between 150 and 500.

Crimson Dad Leopard Grad
October 28th, 2014, 04:13 AM
LEHIGH @ GEORGETOWN Would like to pick against Lehigh again but cant find a reason

COLGATE @ FORDHAM No upset this week

LAFAYETTE @ BUCKNELL Bison should win but Lafayette is 11-1 in the last 12 so Im picking them

DatDude
October 28th, 2014, 07:04 AM
Are these schollie players? Can a team pull it if the dude is dogging?NO, after investigating the depth chart. Only 1 schollie player starts as a DB. 2 LBs. rest are non schollie players. After 2 yrs of schollies, LU only has 3 starters with schollies on the worst D in all of FCS xconfusedx xcoffeex

Pards Rule
October 28th, 2014, 08:36 AM
Tickets going for a lot more on StubHub. Up to $1300 for a pair. Caveat most of the other offers are between 150 and 500.

I just cruised that yesterday curious and you're right. Someone looked for me over the summer and they were $1800 - must buy 2 at $900 apiece. I think as the records grew more ominous, prices fell.

RichH2
October 28th, 2014, 08:47 AM
NO, after investigating the depth chart. Only 1 schollie player starts as a DB. 2 LBs. rest are non schollie players. After 2 yrs of schollies, LU only has 3 starters with schollies on the worst D in all of FCS xconfusedx xcoffeex
Also DT is on schollie. 2 deep a few more. Agree tho,D is abysmal. IMO, the D issues have more to do with assts than talent.

Bill
October 28th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Went 3-1 again last week...now stand at 34-12.

Now on to week #10...

LEHIGH @ GEORGETOWN - another pick with the heart. I'm not confident here at all, but I can't bring myself to pick Gtown. Lehigh, 32-24. I also can't believe I think Lehigh could hold anyone to 24 points....

COLGATE @ FORDHAM - Colgate probably doesn't get a beat down in the boogie down, but still happy horsemen diners on Arthur Ave after the game... Rams, 37-17

LAFAYETTE @ BUCKNELL - Well, if Lehigh's bad this year, the least I can do is root against Lafayette. Bucknell, 22-15

Skyhawk71
October 28th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Lehigh @ Georgetown
Colgate @ Fordham
Lafayette @ Bucknell

Engineer86
October 28th, 2014, 10:22 AM

Stubhub prices

Sandlapper Spike
October 28th, 2014, 12:49 PM
LEHIGH @ GEORGETOWN

COLGATE @ FORDHAM

LAFAYETTE @ BUCKNELL

--

Looks like the Lafayette Sports Network has a bit of an announcer shakeup this week. I was surprised not to see the regular lineup listed.

DatDude
October 28th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Also DT is on schollie. 2 deep a few more. Agree tho,D is abysmal. IMO, the D issues have more to do with assts than talent.LOL, 6 out of 22 players on LU 2 deep are schollie guys. xlolx On a D that is the worst in all FCS. Somethings not right in LU land xdontknowx

Engineer86
October 28th, 2014, 01:43 PM
LOL, 6 out of 22 players on LU 2 deep are schollie guys. xlolx On a D that is the worst in all FCS. Somethings not right in LU land xdontknowx

That is what many of us have been saying. One theory is the chemistry of schoolyard and non-schoolyard environment. Fordham was 1-10 at the same stage. Another theory is poor recruiting, another is poor coaching. Many theories, one result, not good.

RichH2
October 28th, 2014, 02:04 PM
That is what many of us have been saying. One theory is the chemistry of schoolyard and non-schoolyard environment. Fordham was 1-10 at the same stage. Another theory is poor recruiting, another is poor coaching. Many theories, one result, not good.
All three are likely factors.
Autocorrect can be a real b*tch :)

van
October 28th, 2014, 03:30 PM
33-13 on the year, a number of the 13 are home picks unfortunately

LEHIGH @ GEORGETOWN, game is probably a toss up so sticking with my homer picks

COLGATE @ FORDHAM, no idea how the gators keep winning but I do understand the Rams talent pool

LAFAYETTE @ BUCKNELL, buffs should win but history is working against them so give the Pards something to hope for

van
October 28th, 2014, 03:32 PM
LOL, 6 out of 22 players on LU 2 deep are schollie guys. xlolx On a D that is the worst in all FCS. Somethings not right in LU land xdontknowx

what may not be so obvious is that quite a few of the upperclassmen have decent scholarships, just not full ride football scholarships

RichH2
October 28th, 2014, 04:28 PM
what may not be so obvious is that quite a few of the upperclassmen have decent scholarships, just not full ride football scholarships
+1

Pard4Life
October 28th, 2014, 05:43 PM

The seats in the lower sections were $200. Mine were the same as yours.

FordhamFan
October 28th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Definitely a little worried about Colgate this weekend. Very cold day in the forecast, Fordham will have less possessions than it's used to...going to have to be as efficient as last week with our possessions. I get nervous every week leading up to the game, but this one feels a bit scarier.

DFW HOYA
October 29th, 2014, 05:46 AM
Meanwhile, Jake Novak has Tom Gilmore on his blog's short list for the Columbia HC job, but with this quote: ""The truth is, HC is deliberately not keeping up with its Patriot League opponents in the new athletic scholarship financial race." Fair or not?

http://culions.blogspot.com/2014/10/our-short-list.html

RichH2
October 29th, 2014, 07:21 AM
The school has limited him to 14 shollies per year. Dont know if that policy continues. There are 2 things I've noted with Cross. Thet are very well coahed. Rarely do you see their D out of position. Cross had a severe deficit in overall team speed. The last 2 classes have helped here a good bit. His major issue is a hostile admissions dept. which can gut a recruiting class.
Quite sure 87 can give us a much better view of Cross issues with Gilmore.

breezy
October 29th, 2014, 08:10 AM
First of all, I cannot imagine a deeper black hole than the Columbia head coach position, and if Tom Gilmore were to leave Holy Cross I'm sure he would prefer almost every other option to taking that position.

I believe it is inaccurate to state that Holy Cross is "deliberately" not keeping up with other PL teams in the scholarship race. However, there is reason to believe that HC is somewhat behind due to other factors. The first scholarship recruiting class was limited to 16 players because of the simultaneously imposed roster limitations. For this season, the roster of 92 players includes 41 frosh/sophs and 51 seniors/juniors. I suspect that the other PL teams have more balance between the scholarship/non-scholarship classes. Another factor is that the initial scholarship class included 5 OLs, and the second scholarship class included 6 DLs (one subsequently listed as an LB), and I think most will agree that linemen take longer to develop in terms of strength and maturity. The soph OLs are making an impact this year; it remains to be seen whether the frosh DLs will make an impact next year (only one has had significant playing time this year).

Gilmore has stated that there are currently 29 scholarships that have been given out. The new AD has told me directly that HC football will have 60 scholarships going forward -- the initial limitation to 57 (14.25 per year) has apparently been rescinded. Admissions still very much an issue.

Sader87
October 29th, 2014, 09:28 AM
^^^^^ What breezy said.....xcoffeex

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2014, 09:33 AM

Just because they're scholarship does not mean they are better players. Lehigh has been able to produce excellent teams without the need of scholarships. The schollie vs non-schollie debate carries little weight at Lehigh imo. Just win......

DatDude
October 29th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Just because they're scholarship does not mean they are better players. Lehigh has been able to produce excellent teams without the need of scholarships. The schollie vs non-schollie debate carries little weight at Lehigh imo. Just win...... I disagree. In that case dont give schollies xthumbsupx. LU was able to get kids who had other offers from other schools. In yrs pass they wouldnt have been able to compete for those kids. The PL as a whole is getting better talent because of it. To say those kids on schollie arent better than the D youre fielding right now is bad news for you. The tackling and coverage skills ive seen is unlike any LU team ive seen before and laughable xlolx. It means LU has done a bad job of recruiting or is playing favorites. Looking at your 2deep on O, you have 11 fresh/Sophs on it. 4 of them start. Seeing how Andy is a offensive coach, no wonder he hasnt wasted time getting the schollie kids in. You have 4 starters(fresh/sophs) on O at QB,WR,FB, RB. All skilled postions. Schollies equal better players.....period.xnodx

RichH2
October 29th, 2014, 10:21 AM
I disagree. In that case dont give schollies xthumbsupx. LU was able to get kids who had other offers from other schools. In yrs pass they wouldnt have been able to compete for those kids. The PL as a whole is getting better talent because of it. To say those kids on schollie arent better than the D youre fielding right now is bad news for you. The tackling and coverage skills ive seen is unlike any LU team ive seen before and laughable xlolx. It means LU has done a bad job of recruiting or is playing favorites. Looking at your 2deep on O, you have 11 fresh/Sophs on it. 4 of them start. Seeing how Andy is a offensive coach, no wonder he hasnt wasted time getting the schollie kids in. You have 4 starters(fresh/sophs) on O at QB,WR,FB, RB. All skilled postions. Schollies equal better players.....period.xnodx
Sometimes. Non schollie does not equate to not as good always.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2014, 10:35 AM
I disagree. In that case dont give schollies xthumbsupx. LU was able to get kids who had other offers from other schools. In yrs pass they wouldnt have been able to compete for those kids. The PL as a whole is getting better talent because of it. To say those kids on schollie arent better than the D youre fielding right now is bad news for you. The tackling and coverage skills ive seen is unlike any LU team ive seen before and laughable xlolx. It means LU has done a bad job of recruiting or is playing favorites. Looking at your 2deep on O, you have 11 fresh/Sophs on it. 4 of them start. Seeing how Andy is a offensive coach, no wonder he hasnt wasted time getting the schollie kids in. You have 4 starters(fresh/sophs) on O at QB,WR,FB, RB. All skilled postions. Schollies equal better players.....period.xnodx

Come on... it is much easier to plug in a freshman WR to run routes than it is to plug in freshman LB to read Division I offenses.

The sophomore QB is playing because he won the job in training camp, the freshman RB and sophomore RB are playing behind the senior RB (granted due to injury), the FB never plays. To say that underclassmen are shouldering the whole load on offense is laughable when the No. 1 RB and the No. 1 WR are seniors. Granted, Shaf is a big part of this offense, no question, but it's hardly just him.

I do not see the defense playing favorites. The defense has been making adjustments based on the talent/experience they have, and more underclassmen have seen the field as the season has rolled along. Not to excuse the defense entirely, but the thought that we should make matters worse by starting an all-underclass defense boggles my mind.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2014, 10:38 AM

Lehigh has enjoyed great success as a need based program, better than MOST scholarship programs. Their 2011 team was an excellent FCS team, on par or better than Fordham this year imo. This has nothing to do with offering or not offering scholarships. Lehigh was pro-scholarship 7-8 years ago.

The biggest issue has been 4 DC's in 4 years and not being able to replace Chagani in the middle. We'll see how they fair the last 4 games. Part of it has been bad defense but a lot of it is excellent offenses. Fordham, Yale, UNH and JMU are high-end FCS offenses. Monmouth and Bucknell have good numbers too. If they give up 30+ to the Hoya's and lose then I'll raise the concern level.

Holy Cross and Lafayette are also bad teams with two scholarship classes. Those two don't have any real recent success to fall back on either....

Sader87
October 29th, 2014, 10:55 AM
As I've said/posted here before, this was a difficult year for the PL in many ways due to the schism (perceived or otherwise) of most of the PL rosters between scholarship and non-scholarship classes. Parents from both HC and Lafayette players have said to me that this has been the case this year.

Am I absolving all the coaching staffs and players around the league for overall poor to average play this year??? No, some schools seem to have weathered this bettah than others (Colgate and Bucknell)....but it's been an issue that hasn't helped mattahs this year.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2014, 11:00 AM
As I've said/posted here before, this was a difficult year for the PL in many ways due to the schism (perceived or otherwise) of most of the PL rosters between scholarship and non-scholarship classes. Parents from both HC and Lafayette players have said to me that this has been the case this year.

Am I absolving all the coaching staffs and players around the league for overall poor to average play this year??? No, some schools seem to have weathered this bettah than others (Colgate and Bucknell)....but it's been an issue that hasn't helped mattahs this year.

For Lehigh I think the bigger issue has been basically a brand-new coaching staff on both sides of the ball. There's clearly talent there but the staffs have struggled making everyone mesh together as a unit. There could be a schism and that could be contributing, but I don't think that's it entirely.

RichH2
October 29th, 2014, 11:07 AM
For Lehigh I think the bigger issue has been basically a brand-new coaching staff on both sides of the ball. There's clearly talent there but the staffs have struggled making everyone mesh together as a unit. There could be a schism and that could be contributing, but I don't think that's it entirely.
Undoubtedly there is some schism between the groups. Not substantial from what I can see. The schism between the D staff and the players appears to be a major issue.

Fordhamanhattan
October 29th, 2014, 11:10 AM
For those interested in the Fordham-Colgate match-up, I suggest a listen to WFUV's Monday Night Quarterback which reviews the Lehigh game and previews the Colgate fray. In it Coach Moorhead recalls the game two years ago when the Rams let the Paste score with a few minutes left on the clock to go up 8, Fordham came back with a touchdown to Wetzel but missed the two point conversion. Colgate was the Patriot League champion and that was the last home loss for the Maroon. To get the 45 minute show, go to WFUV, scroll down to sports and you are in business.

FordhamFan
October 29th, 2014, 11:19 AM
For those interested in the Fordham-Colgate match-up, I suggest a listen to WFUV's Monday Night Quarterback which reviews the Lehigh game and previews the Colgate fray. In it Coach Moorhead recalls the game two years ago when the Rams let the Paste score with a few minutes left on the clock to go up 8, Fordham came back with a touchdown to Wetzel but missed the two point conversion. Colgate was the Patriot League champion and that was the last home loss for the Maroon. To get the 45 minute show, go to WFUV, scroll down to sports and you are in business.

The best part about that game was that when Colgate scored, they were up 8, and Fordham blocked the PAT to keep it at 8 and give themselves a chance. They then drive down the field for the score and miss the extra point. 45-43 if memory serves me correct. Epic game.

bison137
October 29th, 2014, 11:56 AM
The best part about that game was that when Colgate scored, they were up 8, and Fordham blocked the PAT to keep it at 8 and give themselves a chance. They then drive down the field for the score and miss the extra point. 45-43 if memory serves me correct. Epic game.

Your memory is almost perfect. Final was 41-39. Three interesting things about that game:

- There were 6 touchdowns scored in the final 9 minutes. Every possession in the 4th quarter resulted in a TD, except for the final victory formation play.

- With 3 minutes left - trailing by two - Fordham opted for an onside kick. It was unsuccessful, which allowed CU to get a short-field TD - the one that put them up by 8.

- FU's Patrick Murray, who of course was a great kicker, had his first PAT blocked, or the game would have ended up in OT, all else being equal. He also missed two very long FG attempts.

DatDude
October 29th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Come on... it is much easier to plug in a freshman WR to run routes than it is to plug in freshman LB to read Division I offenses.

The sophomore QB is playing because he won the job in training camp, the freshman RB and sophomore RB are playing behind the senior RB (granted due to injury), the FB never plays. To say that underclassmen are shouldering the whole load on offense is laughable when the No. 1 RB and the No. 1 WR are seniors. Granted, Shaf is a big part of this offense, no question, but it's hardly just him.

I do not see the defense playing favorites. The defense has been making adjustments based on the talent/experience they have, and more underclassmen have seen the field as the season has rolled along. Not to excuse the defense entirely, but the thought that we should make matters worse by starting an all-underclass defense boggles my mind.Come on man! Your #1 RB is a soph. The Sr. is the #1 BECAUSE of injury. The kid who has the most rushes is the QB????? In the LU circles I've heard the FR WR is the best of the bunch. Who said start a whole underclassmen D? Maybe a underclassmen secondary would be better. Make matters worse? Whats worse than being dead last in all of FCS???? Now thats laughable!

DatDude
October 29th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Lehigh has enjoyed great success as a need based program, better than MOST scholarship programs. Their 2011 team was an excellent FCS team, on par or better than Fordham this year imo. This has nothing to do with offering or not offering scholarships. Lehigh was pro-scholarship 7-8 years ago.

The biggest issue has been 4 DC's in 4 years and not being able to replace Chagani in the middle. We'll see how they fair the last 4 games. Part of it has been bad defense but a lot of it is excellent offenses. Fordham, Yale, UNH and JMU are high-end FCS offenses. Monmouth and Bucknell have good numbers too. If they give up 30+ to the Hoya's and lose then I'll raise the concern level.

Holy Cross and Lafayette are also bad teams with two scholarship classes. Those two don't have any real recent success to fall back on either....LU had great success against OTHER non schollie program like the Ivys and PL. Yes the 2011 team was a special bunch. But to say schollies dont make a difference youre fooling yourself. Why did the PL go to schollies if it wasnt that big of a issue? Yes the coaching turnover has ALOT to do with it, but watching your D try to cover wrs and miss tackles is comical. Wonder how some of those kids made D1 in the first place, I forgot, theyre non-schollie kids...LMOA.

DatDude
October 29th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Undoubtedly there is some schism between the groups. Not substantial from what I can see. The schism between the D staff and the players appears to be a major issue.From what ive heard there is substantial schism. From the non-schollie kids to schollie kids. To the full ride kids and the partial ride kids. LU has problems. I heard some kids that have partials might transfer if not giving full rides versus the kids who have them.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2014, 02:03 PM
From what ive heard there is substantial schism. From the non-schollie kids to schollie kids. To the full ride kids and the partial ride kids. LU has problems. I heard some kids that have partials might transfer if not giving full rides versus the kids who have them.

Every FCS program has "partial ride" scholarship kids. If they didn't, they couldn't fill their rosters.

RichH2
October 29th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Every FCS program has "partial ride" scholarship kids. If they didn't, they couldn't fill their rosters.
Seems The Fan is back LFN. :)

PAllen
October 29th, 2014, 02:26 PM
From what ive heard there is substantial schism. From the non-schollie kids to schollie kids. To the full ride kids and the partial ride kids. LU has problems. I heard some kids that have partials might transfer if not giving full rides versus the kids who have them.

Dude, you must be trolling. Where are the partial ride kids going to go? This isn't the SEC where a shot at the NFL might be involved. These kids are here to get an education. Where are they going to go that will allow them to transfer all of their credits such that a free ride elsewhere makes any economic sense?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2014, 04:12 PM
LU had great success against OTHER non schollie program like the Ivys and PL. Yes the 2011 team was a special bunch. But to say schollies dont make a difference youre fooling yourself. Why did the PL go to schollies if it wasnt that big of a issue? Yes the coaching turnover has ALOT to do with it, but watching your D try to cover wrs and miss tackles is comical. Wonder how some of those kids made D1 in the first place, I forgot, theyre non-schollie kids...LMOA.

And Richmond, Wofford, Hofstra, Delaware, Northern Iowa, Villanova, UNH, Towson, Liberty, Western Illinois et. Go look at LU's scalps over the last 16 years and then take a peek at everyone's. It ain't close....xrotatehx

Please explain why there are poor scholarship programs? Why non-scholarship programs can be better year and year out?

Sader87
October 29th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Anybody know of Bogey's whereabouts??? Starting to get concerned....

RichH2
October 29th, 2014, 04:49 PM
He had said last week he was involved with a heavy workload.

Pard4Life
October 29th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Anybody know of Bogey's whereabouts??? Starting to get concerned....

Princeton got their butt-kicked... thank you Harvard. He's probably on a D-3 board as a fan of Williams College due to his third cousin's wife's brother in-law's alumni status.

Pard4Life
October 29th, 2014, 07:37 PM
Lehigh has enjoyed great success as a need based program, better than MOST scholarship programs. Their 2011 team was an excellent FCS team, on par or better than Fordham this year imo

No.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2014, 08:49 PM
No.

How so? Please, I'd love to hear your explain this one....

If Lehigh lost 50-6 you'd go on and on about it for years...xblahx

Sader87
October 29th, 2014, 08:53 PM
Initially I thought so as well Pard4Life....but you know, we really don't know how good Fordham is this year just yet. I think they are very good but they really haven't been tested like that Lehigh 2001 team was: games against UNH, Liberty etc....they had a win in the playoffs against Towson etc.

I think Fordham this year has the opportunity to better what Lehigh did in 2011 but they really haven't done so yet.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Initially I thought so as well Pard4Life....but you know, we really don't know how good Fordham is this year just yet. I think they are very good but they really haven't been tested like that Lehigh 2001 team was: games against UNH, Liberty etc....they had a win in the playoffs against Towson etc.

I think Fordham this year has the opportunity to better what Lehigh did in 2011 but they really haven't done so yet.

They beat two teams that finished in the AGS Top 25, Liberty and Towson and lost to perennial power UNH in OT. They beat the CAA champ on their home turf in the playoffs after EARNING a bye. They had the Payton runner up and an All-American WR.

Pard4life lives in his own world...literally....

Pard4Life
October 29th, 2014, 09:13 PM
They beat two teams that finished in the AGS Top 25, Liberty and Towson and lost to perennial power UNH in OT. They beat the CAA champ on their home turf in the playoffs after EARNING a bye. They had the Payton runner up and an All-American WR.

Pard4life lives in his own world...literally....

Ok, I got my years confused. Looked it up on CFBW. Thought that was in 2010. Yes, even I'll admit those were solid accomplishments.

ColgateTD
October 29th, 2014, 09:14 PM
33-13....yuk

Bucknell - home team pick
Lehigh - Engineers come alive this time of year
Fordham - I want to win this contest more than I want my alma mater to beat the Rams :)

CHIP72
October 29th, 2014, 10:52 PM

I was lucky enough to attend that Lehigh/Towson game in person - one of the best football games at any level I've ever attended (maybe THE best actually). Amazingly, the deciding score in a game with lots of offensive fireworks by both teams was a safety.

Franks Tanks
October 29th, 2014, 11:19 PM
And Richmond, Wofford, Hofstra, Delaware, Northern Iowa, Villanova, UNH, Towson, Liberty, Western Illinois et. Go look at LU's scalps over the last 16 years and then take a peek at everyone's. It ain't close....xrotatehx

Please explain why there are poor scholarship programs? Why non-scholarship programs can be better year and year out?

Every PL team had a few guys any scholarship program would've loved to have in the need based aid era. Some kids developed into players better than anyone imagined, and some excellent programs recruited guys who chose PL schools instead. We can name dozens of need based players in the PL who could've played anywhere. Scholarships will raise the overall talent level, but the league had many high level players over the years,

DatDude
October 30th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Dude, you must be trolling. Where are the partial ride kids going to go? This isn't the SEC where a shot at the NFL might be involved. These kids are here to get an education. Where are they going to go that will allow them to transfer all of their credits such that a free ride elsewhere makes any economic sense?Not trolling, telling you what i heard. What do you mean where will they go? There are tons of D2 and NAIA schools that give full scholarships and GREAT educations! And not only that, they can play immediately or redshirt. Did you say free ride and economically sense in the same sentence like it doesnt go together? Is a free ride not better than a partial????? LMAO!

DatDude
October 30th, 2014, 07:40 AM

Please explain why there are poor scholarship programs? Why non-scholarship programs can be better year and year out?Not sure what youre trying to say. the teams above have had success. Richmond was FCS champs in 2008. Delaware runner up 2010. Towson runner-up 2013. Villanova good this yr. UNH semis 2013. Not following you. And what non-schollie programs are better yr in and yr out? Are you comparing a scholly program who plays scholly schools, against a non scholly school who plays mainly non schooly schools records??? Makes no sense. Thats like saying a undefeated MAC champion is better than a 4-5th place SEC team because they have a better record.

DFW HOYA
October 30th, 2014, 08:06 AM

Because talent doesn't equal results. Obviously, better talent provides better results, but talent alone doesn't win games.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 30th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Not trolling, telling you what i heard. What do you mean where will they go? There are tons of D2 and NAIA schools that give full scholarships and GREAT educations!

1. Not as great as a Patriot League education.

2. D-II and NAIA schools split more scholarships than D-I schools because they have fewer to throw around. They might throw a full scholarship to a once-in-a-generation athlete, but most athletes will need to combine a partial scholarship with other aid, or pay to play.

Bill
October 30th, 2014, 09:01 AM
What do you mean where will they go? There are tons of D2 and NAIA schools that give full scholarships and GREAT educations!

Name 3....or even 1 that are anywhere close to PL schools.

Hmm...I think you may not be entirely familiar with the academic makeup of the PL. These are students who put a tremendous value on education...for most, their other choices may have been Ivy schools, or NESCAC DIII schools. Football was not the only factor for the vast majority of PL students.

Then, to GoLehighTU Owl, you wrote "Not sure what youre trying to say. the teams above have had success. Richmond was FCS champs in 2008. Delaware runner up 2010. Towson runner-up 2013. Villanova good this yr. UNH semis 2013. Not following you."

I'm not sure how you can't follow him. He was simply providing a list of scholarship schools that Lehigh has defeated...several in the playoffs in recent years.

RichH2
October 30th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Lehigh
Fordham
Bucknell

carney2
October 30th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Perhaps Bogie posted the lines and I missed it, but I'm leaving town and wanted to know:

Lehigh 3 over Georgetown
Bucknell 6 over Lafayette
Fordham 21 over Colgate

And

Brown 3 over Penn
Harvard 9 over Dartmouth
Yale 32 over Columbia
Princeton 16 over Cornell
Villanova 4 over Richmond
William & Mary 1 over James Madison

DatDude
October 30th, 2014, 02:50 PM
1. Not as great as a Patriot League education.

2. D-II and NAIA schools split more scholarships than D-I schools because they have fewer to throw around. They might throw a full scholarship to a once-in-a-generation athlete, but most athletes will need to combine a partial scholarship with other aid, or pay to play. Now youre sounding like a Ivy leaguer. "Not better than a PL education". I thought the major was a big factor in a kids decision. A D2 or NAIA school might be better in that major than a PL school. And honestly, its alot of Ivy and PL graduates without jobs. Its what you do in the workforce, not where you get the degree. And a kid with a partial from a D1 program probably will get his expenses cover some kind of way at the NAIA or D2 school...trust me!

DatDude
October 30th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Name 3....or even 1 that are anywhere close to PL schools.

Hmm...I think you may not be entirely familiar with the academic makeup of the PL. These are students who put a tremendous value on education...for most, their other choices may have been Ivy schools, or NESCAC DIII schools. Football was not the only factor for the vast majority of PL students.

Then, to GoLehighTU Owl, you wrote "Not sure what youre trying to say. the teams above have had success. Richmond was FCS champs in 2008. Delaware runner up 2010. Towson runner-up 2013. Villanova good this yr. UNH semis 2013. Not following you."

I'm not sure how you can't follow him. He was simply providing a list of scholarship schools that Lehigh has defeated...several in the playoffs in recent years.Sorry im not a LU lifer, I dont know all their playoffs wins in the last 10yrs...LOL! These students put value on education, sure they do. They put it on finances and playing time to! Read previous post about the "PL education" angle. There are some quality schools that arent in PL or Ivys. If you think theyre not youre hilarious.

Bill
October 30th, 2014, 03:21 PM
If you think theyre not youre hilarious.

Yes, I am. I did read your previous post...but you still have not responded to your original position - you wrote "there are tons of D2 and NAIA schools that give full scholarships and GREAT educations!"

Please provide the names of those schools.

Yes, there are dozens of quality schools not in the PL or Ivy League...but you are twisting your original argument.

RichH2
October 30th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Thre are crrtainly very good schools not in th PL. You make the blanket assumption that any of these would offer a partial schollie kid a better financial deal and a better education. Most if not all the schollie recruits had other offers. They chose LU. Spend a few minutes and read some of their bios. Almost all cite the education giving them future financial security and the opportunity to play D 1 football. Very few kids at this level are looking for a future in the NFL.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 30th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Game preview of Lehigh/Georgetown:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/10/game-preview-lehigh-at-georgetown.html

I think of how lucky the Lehigh football players are.

FordhamFan
October 30th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Nebrich is definitely out this week. Had his appendix removed in an emergency procedure last night. Probably out for Bucknell as well.

We'll see how much the scholarship depth can help, but Fordham has certainly fallen a peg or two since Monday.

Southsider
October 30th, 2014, 06:11 PM
I bet they still win by 2 scores!

Bill
October 30th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Wow. Hope to take Colgate and the points before the line changes xlolx

Seriously, if true (no offense Fordham Fan), I hope he has a speedy and full recovery!

FordhamFan
October 30th, 2014, 06:55 PM
Wow. Hope to take Colgate and the points before the line changes xlolx

Seriously, if true (no offense Fordham Fan), I hope he has a speedy and full recovery!

Ha, none taken of course. Truly just feel bad for the kid...works his ass off to come back from a third knee surgery, is having an unbelievable year, and then an uncontrollable thing strikes like this that will have him missing the biggest two games of the year. Forget about the game, I feel truly awful for Nebrich himself.

Gater
October 30th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Nebrich is a great player. He's had some really tough breaks the past few years. I am certainly rooting for Colgate but would love to see him and Fordham make it to the playoffs and do well. I've said this a bunch on this board, but The Patriot League owes a ton to Fordham for pushing the scholarship issue. Best of luck to him and to Fordham.

Pard4Life
October 30th, 2014, 10:07 PM
Even bigger that Lafayette blew the game last week... Bucknell has the inside track?!

Pard4Life
October 30th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Nebrich is definitely out this week. Had his appendix removed in an emergency procedure last night. Probably out for Bucknell as well.

We'll see how much the scholarship depth can help, but Fordham has certainly fallen a peg or two since Monday.

Did he eat a metal Krusty-O?

DatDude
October 31st, 2014, 06:53 AM
Yes, I am. I did read your previous post...but you still have not responded to your original position - you wrote "there are tons of D2 and NAIA schools that give full scholarships and GREAT educations!"

Please provide the names of those schools.

Yes, there are dozens of quality schools not in the PL or Ivy League...but you are twisting your original argument.Provide the names of the schools...LOL. It all depends on the kids major! Some schools are better than others when it comes to certain majors. And YES, tons of D2 and NAIA schools give great educations! Do they not??

DatDude
October 31st, 2014, 07:05 AM
Thre are crrtainly very good schools not in th PL. You make the blanket assumption that any of these would offer a partial schollie kid a better financial deal and a better education. Most if not all the schollie recruits had other offers. They chose LU. Spend a few minutes and read some of their bios. Almost all cite the education giving them future financial security and the opportunity to play D 1 football. Very few kids at this level are looking for a future in the NFL.Ive heard of two kids talking about leaving. If they left you would DEFINATELY notice. If a kid shopped himself as a D1 kid on partial to some D2 and NAIA schools they would listen and take bait for sure. I didnt say they would get a "better" education but a great one. I did read some Fr. bios. Some of those kids had Ivy offers. If it was all about education then they wouldve picked the Ivys. I mean a PL education isnt a Ivy education xcoffeex. Im willing to bet the scholarship had something to do with the decision xnodx. I just told you LU guys what I heard, dont be mad at the messenger xpeacex

Fordham
October 31st, 2014, 07:06 AM
Did he eat a metal Krusty-O?
http://simpsonswiki.com/w/images/thumb/3/33/The_Metal_Krusty-O.jpg/200px-The_Metal_Krusty-O.jpg

Pard4Life
October 31st, 2014, 09:57 AM
The wise Phil Collins once said: "You hear that I don't care any-more... You listen, I don't care no more! Oh no!"

Bucknell 31, Lafayette 14... what's more ghoulish than a Frankosaurus? You tell me...

Georgetown 24, Lehigh 21 ... it has to happen at some point, and this is more of a strategic pick'em pick, if anything

Fordham 28, Colgate 24... Nebrich's absence is a game-changer, but Colgate is merely average, and Fordham has a Colgate-esque RB.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 31st, 2014, 10:36 AM
Ive heard of two kids talking about leaving. If they left you would DEFINATELY notice. If a kid shopped himself as a D1 kid on partial to some D2 and NAIA schools they would listen and take bait for sure. I didnt say they would get a "better" education but a great one. I did read some Fr. bios. Some of those kids had Ivy offers. If it was all about education then they wouldve picked the Ivys. I mean a PL education isnt a Ivy education xcoffeex. Im willing to bet the scholarship had something to do with the decision xnodx. I just told you LU guys what I heard, dont be mad at the messenger xpeacex

If they want to leave for a D-II or NAIA school, Godspeed to them. I'm sure they'll be fine if they choose that. But it would be a shame if they are sacrificing, say, a wholly or partially paid business degree from Lehigh to go to a school with a business program that isn't as good. Especially if it's about freshman PT.

Doc QB
October 31st, 2014, 11:00 AM

His recovery can be quicker than one thinks. If he had his appy removed laparoscopically (and most general surgeons worth their salt do it this way), he has three little abdominal wounds, one of which is 1cm for the camera/extraction port. Two weeks and he's fine. However, if they did it open, he is done for the year, the open incision wont be ready for the activity level for weeks. Also, if they caught it late and he had an abscess in there, he'll not bouce back as fast, may have a drain left in place a few weeks, lengthens time out, etc.

I hope its former, he heals up, rejoins team healthy, and makes our league's playoff representative full strength. I watched 'Nova game and the Rams looked overmatched, but am unsure this represents their best effort and hope the find a way to peak later and give us a good run to support.

Sader87
October 31st, 2014, 11:16 AM
37-9 on the campaign....C&P'd from CROSSPORTS.....thanks Doc QB for the prognosis on Nebrich, gotta love the PL, how many othah leagues would you get such medical news???

The HAL9000 was a little grumpy this morn, thinking he had the week off due to the HC bye week. "You mean to say I have to pick the games between these snooty, elitist, provincial schools even when your's isn't playing?" Yes HAL we do....

This looks like an exceedingly tricky week, made even moreso with the news of Nebrich's not playing due to his appendectomy.

Lehigh 30 GTown 17 HAL thinks the Engineers are bettah than their 1-6 record. Have played a pretty tough schedule so fah. LU's weakness is its D which the Hoyas won't be able to exploit as much as othahs have.

Fordham 31 Colgate 20 Game became a lot more interesting with Nebrich's absence but Maetzold has stahted before and the Rams have too many weapons and the home field.

Lafayette 27 Bucknell 24 One of HAL's hunches this year...he goes off the unfeeling, cold, statistical map very rarely but he thinks the Pards rebound in a very tight contest at Christy Mathewson.

PAllen
October 31st, 2014, 11:22 AM
Now youre sounding like a Ivy leaguer. "Not better than a PL education". I thought the major was a big factor in a kids decision. A D2 or NAIA school might be better in that major than a PL school. And honestly, its alot of Ivy and PL graduates without jobs. Its what you do in the workforce, not where you get the degree. And a kid with a partial from a D1 program probably will get his expenses cover some kind of way at the NAIA or D2 school...trust me!

Ahh, the inevitable "trust me" argument. You still have yet to name one school or program they might move to. As far as choosing a partial ride at a PL school over no ride at all at an Ivy, well, that's self explanatory to most.

FordhamFan
October 31st, 2014, 11:28 AM
His recovery can be quicker than one thinks. If he had his appy removed laparoscopically (and most general surgeons worth their salt do it this way), he has three little abdominal wounds, one of which is 1cm for the camera/extraction port. Two weeks and he's fine. However, if they did it open, he is done for the year, the open incision wont be ready for the activity level for weeks. Also, if they caught it late and he had an abscess in there, he'll not bouce back as fast, may have a drain left in place a few weeks, lengthens time out, etc.

I hope its former, he heals up, rejoins team healthy, and makes our league's playoff representative full strength. I watched 'Nova game and the Rams looked overmatched, but am unsure this represents their best effort and hope the find a way to peak later and give us a good run to support.

That was very helpful. Thank you! I'm fairly certain he had the former...everything I'm hearing from people I know on campus is that it will be a two-three week recovery.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 31st, 2014, 11:43 AM
I have heard it is possible to recover quicker than 2-3 weeks? Personally I had an emergency appendectomy in high school that was caught late, 2 inch incision in my abdomen to remove it, took weeks to recover, fall sports were done for me. Don't know if it was abcessed (sp?) but the surgeon did tell me that it ruptured basically right after surgery.

Keeping in mind that this was the dinosaur era. Nowadays liproscopic (sp?) surgery makes it much, much different than my caveman days.

DatDude
October 31st, 2014, 12:22 PM
Ahh, the inevitable "trust me" argument. You still have yet to name one school or program they might move to. As far as choosing a partial ride at a PL school over no ride at all at an Ivy, well, that's self explanatory to most.Pipe down dude, i said I heard they was "thinking" about it. I dont know if or where they shopping themselves. And a full ride to any school over a partial to a PL school, well thats self explanatory to most ;)

RichH2
October 31st, 2014, 12:38 PM
Pipe down dude, i said I heard they was "thinking" about it. I dont know if or where they shopping themselves. And a full ride to any school over a partial to a PL school, well thats self explanatory to most ;)
Not really DD. Full ride to West Directional U vs a partial at Lehigh. If he is solely interested in PT as a frosh,perhaps just as well he transfers. If he is interested in maximizing his opportunities post grad not a very mature move. Wander over to payscale.com ,check out earning power for LU and other PL grads.

DFW HOYA
October 31st, 2014, 12:43 PM
Not really DD. Full ride to West Directional U vs a partial at Lehigh. If he is solely interested in PT as a frosh,perhaps just as well he transfers. If he is interested in maximizing his opportunities post grad not a very mature move. Wander over to payscale.com ,check out earning power for LU and other PL grads.

For the most part, football recruits aren't choosing on future earnings. If they were, Columbia would be a top 20 program every year.

RichH2
October 31st, 2014, 01:35 PM
A bit of an overstatement. DFW. At our level,recruits do love the D1 label and a good program. Within our context education is a major factor.

Fordhamanhattan
October 31st, 2014, 02:23 PM
Fordham 35 Apple knockers 17
Spotted Ones 23 Bison 22
Hoyas 23 Lehigh 10

heath
October 31st, 2014, 03:15 PM
Pipe down dude, i said I heard they was "thinking" about it. I dont know if or where they shopping themselves. And a full ride to any school over a partial to a PL school, well thats self explanatory to most ;)
only if you are worried about the next 3 years vs 30 years of your life. Very few PL guys play after college, but all get a job. So I guess most educated posters think the self explanation you just gave is xconfusedx Get the best education you can and don't be a quitter as that will follow you the rest of your life.

The Boogie Down
October 31st, 2014, 04:10 PM
No Neibrich, no problem. FORDHAM continues to roll, 34-20. Lehigh gets things going, 28-21. It wouldn't be Lafayette without a 24-10 loss. This time Bucknell gets to enjoy the 2 TD victory.

DatDude
October 31st, 2014, 05:21 PM
only if you are worried about the next 3 years vs 30 years of your life. Very few PL guys play after college, but all get a job. So I guess most educated posters think the self explanation you just gave is xconfusedx Get the best education you can and don't be a quitter as that will follow you the rest of your life.well most kids don't think that way. And its not where you get a degree, its what you do with it. If it was all about getting the best education possible, the Ivy's would be the premier conference in all of college football. But tons of kids turn them down to play at LOL U.

Pard4Life
October 31st, 2014, 05:41 PM

DocQB's avatar is actually that of him performing the surgery himself; photo courtesy of Fordhamsports.com

Lehigh Football Nation
October 31st, 2014, 05:48 PM
Game Breakdown and Fearless Prediction of Lehigh/Georgetown:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/10/game-breakdown-lehigh-at-georgetown.html

bison137
October 31st, 2014, 05:50 PM

With the exception of a very few D2 schools, the better long-run choice would clearly be the partial at a PL school. The average PL grad makes more than $1 Million more after graduation than does the graduate of almost any D2 school. Can't prove cause-and-effect but at least some of it is cause.

bison137
October 31st, 2014, 05:55 PM
Overall record 38-8

Lehigh by 13
Fordham by 10
Bucknell by 3 - would not be shocked by a LC win

ngineer
October 31st, 2014, 06:41 PM

Those kids are freshmen and sophs. I don't care if it's a scholarship or grant in aid, inexperience at the next level is inexperience at the next level.

Go...gate
October 31st, 2014, 06:44 PM
Lehigh 27, Georgetown 17

Fordham 33, Colgate 24

Bucknell 14, Lafayette 10

Bonus pick: Princeton 35, Cornell 16

ngineer
October 31st, 2014, 06:45 PM
Seems The Fan is back LFN. :)

+1 Troll on..

ngineer
October 31st, 2014, 06:52 PM

Wow. I still think the FU back up has enough around him to move the O. Should be okay as long as he stays within himself and doesn't feel he has to be somone he isn't. Hope Nebrich makes it back. We certainly want the Rams at their best for the playoffs for the League's sake. Good luck.

ngineer
October 31st, 2014, 07:05 PM
"On the bus" at 7 a.m. tomorrow to G'town. Looks like a cool day with possible showers requiring more 'fuel'. Marching '97 should add to the intimate atmosphere at MSF (;-)

Pard4Life
October 31st, 2014, 08:50 PM
"On the bus" at 7 a.m. tomorrow to G'town. Looks like a cool day with possible showers requiring more 'fuel'. Marching '97 should add to the intimate atmosphere at MSF (;-)

You mean there are people going to that game? Actual people willing to get on a bus at 7am?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2014, 09:53 PM
2-2 last week, 35-11 Overall

Fordham 34 Colgate 21- Not having Nebrich hurts, there's no sugar coating it. Still, the Rams have an arsenal of weapons that should be able to hold down the fort, at least for a week....

Bucknell 27 Lafayette 17 - The 'Pards offense is a mess. Bucknell should be able to hold the the 'Pards down and manufacture enough scoring drives to win....

Lehigh 33 Georgetown 24 - Just win......

Leopard Loyalist
October 31st, 2014, 10:49 PM
35-11 on the year after a difficult 2-2 last week.

Lehigh over Georgetown--toughest pick of the week. Somehow I think the Lehigh magic (if that's what it is) comes through this week.
Fordham over Colgate--even without Nebrich......
Bucknell over Lafayette--Anything is possible, but there's precious little evidence to give the Leopards much of a chance

Pard4Life
November 1st, 2014, 08:57 AM
I'm watching espn's college game day live from WVU... some guy has a Lehigh banner in plain view. Not cool.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 1st, 2014, 10:15 AM
Been strong the last couple of weeks with a 7-1 record. Hoping to finish strong with my picks:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/11/how-to-catch-lehigh-at-georgetown.html

Picks on the blog, but the big pick is that I think Fordham still takes care of Colgate at home by about 2 scores.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 11:05 AM
I'm watching espn's college game day live from WVU... some guy has a Lehigh banner in plain view. Not cool.

It was also in Eugene for one of the Ducks game....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 11:27 AM
Lehigh 10 Georgetown 0 4:00 1Q

DFW HOYA
November 1st, 2014, 11:40 AM
Lehigh 10 Georgetown 0 4:00 1Q

Total Yards, end of 1st:

Lehigh 134
Georgetown 11

LehighU11
November 1st, 2014, 11:41 AM
Lehigh has had someone at every single College Gameday this season with that banner in an effort to bring the show to NYC (maybe Times Square?) for the 150th. I heard from an LC person that they have been trying to coax ESPN into showing up for the game, as well.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 11:44 AM
Total Yards, end of 1st:

Lehigh 134
Georgetown 11

Georgetown is one play from being right in this game....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 11:48 AM
GU has one thing LU does not, a kicker...

LU 10 GU 3 12:11 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 11:54 AM
Lehigh's offense is going up and down the field but they need to score TD's. Especially with a terrible kicking game...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 11:56 AM
LU settles for a short FG....throw on first down!

13-3 Lehigh....about 8:00 2Q

CHIP72
November 1st, 2014, 12:13 PM
Is there a free stream of Lehigh/Georgetown somewhere?

Incidentally, Lehigh TU Owl is happy with the game involving his other team of interest so far, despite little offense.:)

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 12:15 PM
Is there a free stream of Lehigh/Georgetown somewhere?

Incidentally, Lehigh TU Owl is happy with the game involving his other team of interest so far, despite little offense.:)

Just the radio feed...

Temple up 14-3 on #23 ECU! I can't watch it but I'm keeping track....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 12:20 PM
Lehigh blocks a GU FG to end the half. Lehigh completely dominated but the Hoya's are still right there....

Lehigh 13-3

Fordham
November 1st, 2014, 12:22 PM
this Patriot League network feed is brutal for me.

LU73
November 1st, 2014, 12:23 PM
Go to Georgetown website to get video. Costs 10 bucks. Listen to Lehigh audio.

Fordham
November 1st, 2014, 12:30 PM
Go to Georgetown website to get video. Costs 10 bucks. Listen to Lehigh audio.

ha! spending money to watch that one!

Go...gate
November 1st, 2014, 12:33 PM
this Patriot League network feed is brutal for me.

WFUV is carrying the game for you guys, right?

Fordham
November 1st, 2014, 12:38 PM
WFUV is carrying the game for you guys, right?

yes, the audio but I was referring to the choppiness watching it online.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 12:49 PM
You know your FG kicker stinks when you try a 4th and 13 rather than a 42 yard FG. Lehigh marched the 2nd half kick right down the field before stalling out again. Lehigh's offense has been great between the 20's but has done very little in the RZ...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 12:56 PM
Lehigh inside the GU 20 again. It's a flip of the coin if they get points....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 12:59 PM
Lehigh finally gets another TD! Shaf to Sodeki on a short pass. This game could be A LOT worse. The stats have to be extremely lopsided.....

LU 20 GU 3 4:00 3Q

Lehigh Football Nation
November 1st, 2014, 01:00 PM
Lehigh in control, up 20-3, mid-3Q... but I've seen a lot of interesting finishes this season.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 01:09 PM
LU with a terrible snap over Shaf's head and goes out of the EZ for a safety....

20-5 Lehigh about 3 minutes left in 3Q...

Lehigh Football Nation
November 1st, 2014, 01:10 PM
Oh, THERE'S the WTF play that makes it interesting. It happens every week... xsmhx

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 01:18 PM
Oh, THERE'S the WTF play that makes it interesting. It happens every week... xsmhx

GU goes down the field following safety for a TD, BUT they miss the XP so it remains a 2 possession game.

LU 20 Georgetown 11 14:00 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 01:23 PM
Lehigh goes right down the field for a TD of their own! Pelletier PL Rookie of the week? Over 160 yards receiving....

Lehigh 27 Georgetown 11 12:17 4Q

- - - Updated - - -

Bucknell 14 Lafayette 7 Half

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 01:31 PM
TD Georgetown on 4th down after LU dropped an easy INT on 3rd down. Hoyas convert the 2 pt conversion to make it a one possession game.

Lehigh 27-19 8:49 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 01:40 PM
Lehigh will punt for the first time with 5:30 to go in the game....

Lehigh'98
November 1st, 2014, 01:42 PM
Lehigh punt. This is what I mean about the offense racking up yards, but not making plays when really needed.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 01:45 PM
Lehigh D stuffs Georgetown on 4th and short!! Caslow, Lawson and Jones have been very good today....

Lehigh Football Nation
November 1st, 2014, 01:49 PM
My heart stopped on that Shaf fumble... Nunes recovered, but still gets LU out of field goal range.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 01:53 PM
TD Lafayette!

14-14 about 9 minutes left in 3Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 01:57 PM
Lehigh wins after surviving one last grasp by the Hoyas. Georgetown still has not beaten LU in PL play....

Lehigh 27 Georgetown 19 Final....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 02:00 PM
Lafayette scored on a short TD run. The BU QB had a terrible pick that was returned 50+ yards by the LC defender to set up the TD...

21-14 LC

Lehigh Football Nation
November 1st, 2014, 02:01 PM
Lafayette scored on a short TD run. The BU QB had a terrible pick that was returned 50+ yards by the LC defender to set up the TD...

21-14 LC

Unreal. What is it with LC's mastery over Bucknell?

Franks Tanks
November 1st, 2014, 02:11 PM
Unreal. What is it with LC's mastery over Bucknell?

Bucknell is much improved, and a well coached team, but I am not overly impressed with their overall level of talent.

With that being said I fully expect Lafayette to blow this game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 02:21 PM
#18 for Bucknell is a helluva player....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 02:22 PM
Lafayette 21 Bucknell 17 End 3Q

BU driving....

Lehigh Football Nation
November 1st, 2014, 02:30 PM
Lafayette 21 Bucknell 17 End 3Q

BU driving....

Congrats about Temple and Lehigh winning the same weekend! Temple's was a lot bigger, though...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 02:32 PM
Congrats about Temple and Lehigh winning the same weekend! Temple's was a lot bigger, though...

That was HUGE win for Temple! I believe this was our first win over a ranked team since 1998 when we took out Virginia Tech in Blacksburg....

LehighU11
November 1st, 2014, 02:33 PM
That was HUGE win for Temple! I believe this was our first win over a ranked team since 1998 when we took out Virginia Tech in Blacksburg....

Just saw that it was Temple's first home win against a ranked opponent since 1936, when Pop Warner led them to a win over Holy Cross.

The winner of that game went on to join the Big East.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 02:37 PM
Just saw that it was Temple's first home win against a ranked opponent since 1936, when Pop Warner led them to a win over Holy Cross.

The winner of that game went on to join the Big East.

Que Sader87!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 02:39 PM
A Bison DL is being taken off the field on a stretcher. He did a weird header into the turf. It appeared he was moving around....

JoltinJoe
November 1st, 2014, 02:40 PM
A Bison DL is being taken off the field on a stretcher. He did a weird header into the turf. It appeared he was moving around....

Hope everything's ok.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 02:47 PM
Hope everything's ok.

There was definitely concern on Susan's and Tavani's faces. The EMT's really took their time loading the player into the ambulance. It looked like we was twisting his ankles causing his feet to move but it was hard to tell. The players family was on the field too...not a pretty situation...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 02:49 PM
LC sneaks a FG inside the left upright to take a 7 point lead...

LC 24 BU 17 about 9:00 4Q

Lehigh Football Nation
November 1st, 2014, 02:50 PM
Bison DE Robert Naylor was carted off. Possible neck injury. Real, real scary. Play was pretty innocuous, Naylor basically tripped but fell on his helmet.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 03:02 PM
Nitti out for BU with a knee injury...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 03:05 PM
Bison 1st and 10 at LC 15, 1:23 left

BU then decided to use the LT screen play who then fumbles and is recovered by BU..wow, that was "interesting"....

Franks Tanks
November 1st, 2014, 03:06 PM
Nitti out for BU with a knee injury...

The other guy is just as good.

What a stupid play call by Susan (pass to the OT). Nearly fumbled the ball away.

Doesn't matter at Bucknell drives the whole filed with their back up QB for a TD.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 03:08 PM
TD Bison with a minute left! XP gooD!

21-21 1:00 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 03:17 PM
Bison and Pards headed to OT....

Engineer86
November 1st, 2014, 03:19 PM
TD Bison with a minute left! XP gooD!

24 - 24 1:00 4Q

FIFY

Engineer86
November 1st, 2014, 03:20 PM
Wow BU linemen look like monsters

Engineer86
November 1st, 2014, 03:21 PM
4th and 25 good luck pardo

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 03:22 PM
Wow BU linemen look like monsters

#30 for Lafayette with a terrible attempt to pass block. Reed got absolutely lit up....

Lehigh'98
November 1st, 2014, 03:23 PM
Still tied?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 03:24 PM
Still tied?

Yup, BU's turn now, all they need is a FG...

Engineer86
November 1st, 2014, 03:24 PM
Ot

LC did not score and BU about to try a 33 yd fg

Engineer86
November 1st, 2014, 03:26 PM
Good BU wins

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2014, 03:27 PM
Bison really stepped up after the injury to Naylor. Major credit to the players and coaches in their ability to keep their focus....

Lehigh Football Nation
November 1st, 2014, 03:38 PM
BU held them to a FG after the Naylor injury then Lauletta rallied them to tie it and then win. What an outstanding effort by the Bison.. hats off to them.

Southsider
November 1st, 2014, 03:47 PM
It was also in Eugene for one of the Ducks game....

It was also in plain view about a month ago at South Carolina.

FordhamFan
November 1st, 2014, 04:17 PM
Didn't see a lick of the BU-LC game...Bucknell's talent enough to compete with the Rams in the PL title game next week?

bison137
November 1st, 2014, 04:19 PM
The other guy is just as good.

What a stupid play call by Susan (pass to the OT). Nearly fumbled the ball away.

Doesn't matter at Bucknell drives the whole filed with their back up QB for a TD.

I liked the call. They used it twice last year and both times got within a foot of a TD. Had the block been better, this one could have been a TD as well. Davenport is a great athlete who was also recruited by D1 basketball programs.

Although he made some plays today, Lauletta is not nearly as good as Nitti. I think Nitti's biggest problem is that BU basically is down to only one WR, which has affected the type of throws he likes to make. When they lined up four WR's today, other than Carter two were TE's and one was a 5-9 freshman from Bloomsburg who didn't sign until the spring and rarely plays. Five of the top six from August are out or gone. Carter really is the only deep threat and LC did a good job containing him today.

jdb037
Didn't see a lick of the BU-LC game...Bucknell's talent enough to compete with the Rams in the PL title game next week?

No

Go Lehigh TU owl

Bucknell has some good players but overall the Rams are a couple of steps ahead. I'll be surprised if the Bison keep this one within 17 points.....

bison137
November 1st, 2014, 07:19 PM
There was definitely concern on Susan's and Tavani's faces. The EMT's really took their time loading the player into the ambulance. It looked like we was twisting his ankles causing his feet to move but it was hard to tell. The players family was on the field too...not a pretty situation...

Unofficially I hear he has some movement in both his arms and legs, so thank God for that. A long way to go however. Not that football is the top priority at a time like this, but he is a big loss to the BU DL.

Franks Tanks
November 1st, 2014, 08:21 PM
I liked the call. They used it twice last year and both times got within a foot of a TD. Had the block been better, this one could have been a TD as well. Davenport is a great athlete who was also recruited by D1 basketball programs.

Although he made some plays today, Lauletta is not nearly as good as Nitti. I think Nitti's biggest problem is that BU basically is down to only one WR, which has affected the type of throws he likes to make. When they lined up four WR's today, other than Carter two were TE's and one was a 5-9 freshman from Bloomsburg who didn't sign until the spring and rarely plays. Five of the top six from August are out or gone. Carter really is the only deep threat and LC did a good job containing him today.

A backward pass to your slow as a snail LT is not a great play in my opinion. He fumbled the ball, and was very fortunate a teammate recovered the ball and bailed him out.

I've seen Nitti twice now. He is a solid player, but Bucknell is clearly built on D and the running game.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 1st, 2014, 08:46 PM
Unofficially I hear he has some movement in both his arms and legs, so thank God for that. A long way to go however. Not that football is the top priority at a time like this, but he is a big loss to the BU DL.

Thanks for the update. Please let folks know on here how he's progressing.

Fordham
November 1st, 2014, 09:05 PM
Thank God and thanks for the update. That was scary to watch

Fordham
November 1st, 2014, 09:08 PM
Bucknell is going to be playing at home, on national tv against a team who's leader is out of the game but people are still saying should whoop them, and the title and a playoff berth is on the line. I'm 100% certain they'll be playing lights out next Friday. Dead sure

Go...gate
November 1st, 2014, 09:13 PM
Fordham has a terrific club - best in the league. But in one game, anything can happen.

ngineer
November 1st, 2014, 09:13 PM
That will be biggest game for Nell since.....when?? 1996 when they last won PL? Hopefully the BU students and the Lewisburg community show up. Christy Matthewson Stadium is a nice old horseshoe and deserves to look good for such a big game.

ngineer
November 1st, 2014, 09:19 PM
Just got back a short time ago from Hoya Land. Game was not as close as the score, but as usual LU had to make it "interesting" at the end with all sorts of screw ups. Way to many mistakes being made this late in the season. However, some VERY bright spots. Pelletier is on his way to becoming the next Spadola if he stays healthy and continues to work. Monster day today. LB Caslow has become the leader of the defense. Was all over the place and bashing people. Sodeke continues to be solid in leading a run game against a very good D. 345 Yards passing by Shafnisky against the PL best pass defense. Frosh DL Cavenas pressed into full time duty with ankle injury to Stubbs in second quarter and did a very nice job. At 275 and 'room to grow' he can be come a force. I won't list all the mistakes and miscues, but they cannot play the same way in Wuhster next week and win.

ngineer
November 1st, 2014, 09:26 PM
The "official" attendance is listed at 1,980...BS. Likely "tickets sold" but there were literally no more than 250 people sitting in the home stands. The Lehigh stands were 3/4 filled. With a stadium that is intimately nestled within the campus and right next to several dormitories this is unbelievable.

bison137
November 1st, 2014, 11:38 PM
A backward pass to your slow as a snail LT is not a great play in my opinion. He fumbled the ball, and was very fortunate a teammate recovered the ball and bailed him out.

I've seen Nitti twice now. He is a solid player, but Bucknell is clearly built on D and the running game.

They have used that play two other times and both went for long runs all the way to the goal line. A quicker pass and one block and he could have walked into the end zone. Actually for his size he isn't particularly slow and he has good hands. As I said, he had D1 offers for basketball and was All-South Jersey in that sport.

Yes, Bucknell is built on the running game, but when Nitti had more than one WR he looked a lot better than he did the last two weeks. Look back at his stats the first few games before almost all the WR's went down. In any event, he may have a serious injury. Looked like a knee and he had a torn ACL exactly two years ago. Hopefully this one was just some sort of sprain.

HoyaMetanoia
November 2nd, 2014, 01:03 AM
The "official" attendance is listed at 1,980...BS. Likely "tickets sold" but there were literally no more than 250 people sitting in the home stands. The Lehigh stands were 3/4 filled. With a stadium that is intimately nestled within the campus and right next to several dormitories this is unbelievable.

Georgetown has always inflated the attendance numbers.

Pard4Life
November 2nd, 2014, 06:49 PM
Any update on the Bucknell player who was severely injured?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 2nd, 2014, 06:59 PM
Any update on the Bucknell player who was severely injured?

The Bison board says he has movement in his legs and arms so that's good. Still seems like there might be some sort of less serious neck injury....

Go...gate
November 2nd, 2014, 07:28 PM
That will be biggest game for Nell since.....when?? 1996 when they last won PL? Hopefully the BU students and the Lewisburg community show up. Christy Matthewson Stadium is a nice old horseshoe and deserves to look good for such a big game.

1997 when they were 10-0 and lost at Colgate 48-14 for the PL title.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 2nd, 2014, 07:31 PM

I believe they also played Lehigh in 2000 or 2001 with the auto-bid on the line iirc. I believe that was only non-LU-LC sellout in Goodman history...

DFW HOYA
November 2nd, 2014, 08:17 PM

Not unexpected, given that a men's soccer game was going on at the same time.

bison137
November 2nd, 2014, 09:15 PM
The Bison board says he has movement in his legs and arms so that's good. Still seems like there might be some sort of less serious neck injury....

Statement just posted on the BU website:

Bucknell junior defensive lineman Robert Naylor was injured during the fourth quarter of Saturday’s game against Lafayette at Christy Mathewson-Memorial Stadium. Robert was transported to Geisinger Medical Center in Danville under the care of team doctors and sports medicine personnel.

The Naylor family has approved the release of the following statement:

“Robert did suffer a cervical spine injury/spinal shock and is currently recovering and improving in the intensive care unit at Geisinger Medical Center. Robert is undergoing additional treatment and evaluation as he regains strength and sensation throughout his body. We would like to express our gratitude for the outpouring of concern from supporters of both Bucknell and Lafayette and ask for privacy as our family continues to support Robert and his medical team.”

http://www.bucknellbison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=32100&ATCLID=209745885

- - - - - - -

ngineer
November 2nd, 2014, 09:25 PM
\
Where was that occurring? On top of the garage where the old football field was? But that game was much later as the "Peter Pan" buses for the visiting soccer team were parked next to ours when we came back at 3:30 p.m. I wonder how many were at the soccer game?

bison137
November 2nd, 2014, 09:32 PM
\
Where was that occurring? On top of the garage where the old football field was? But that game was much later as the "Peter Pan" buses for the visiting soccer team were parked next to ours when we came back at 3:30 p.m. I wonder how many were at the soccer game?

Stated attendance was 987. Game started at 1 PM.

DFW HOYA
November 2nd, 2014, 10:20 PM
\
Where was that occurring? On top of the garage where the old football field was?

They're not allowed to play there. The field was deemed unsafe seven years ago and has still not been repaired (see photo)

http://www.thehoya.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/kehoe4.png

The 2013 article:

http://www.thehoya.com/kehoe-field-an-obstacle-course-of-injury-risks/

Lehigh Football Nation
November 2nd, 2014, 10:45 PM

Along with Lehigh 2012, the only other 10 win team from a playoff-eligible conference ever that was not invited to the FCS playoffs. In 1997, though, the playoffs had 16 teams and the PL hadn't won a playoff game yet.

bison137
November 2nd, 2014, 10:59 PM
Along with Lehigh 2012, the only other 10 win team from a playoff-eligible conference ever that was not invited to the FCS playoffs. In 1997, though, the playoffs had 16 teams and the PL hadn't won a playoff game yet.

I don't think the PL had even played in a playoff game yet.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 2nd, 2014, 11:38 PM
I don't think the PL had even played in a playoff game yet.

That's right - good catch. It was the very first year of the PL's autobid.

Go...gate
November 3rd, 2014, 01:06 AM
That's right - good catch. It was the very first year of the PL's autobid.

That's right. BU had a twelve game winning streak going into that final game, too. They had won the title at 6-5 the year before but were much stronger in 1997.

bison137
November 3rd, 2014, 07:03 AM
That's right. BU had a twelve game winning streak going into that final game, too. They had won the title at 6-5 the year before but were much stronger in 1997.

Yes, stronger in 1997 - but the 1996 team was pretty good, just lost four consecutive early games to William and Mary, Harvard, Penn (in OT), and Yale (1 point). They easily could have won the latter two, and then they would be viewed differently. The next year (1997), they had apparently learned how to win the close ones - beating Penn, Harvard, and Yale in consecutive close games.

PAllen
November 3rd, 2014, 08:26 PM

Now that right there is just sad. :(