PDA

View Full Version : #24 MO State @ #6 IL State--6pm

MSUDuo
October 23rd, 2014, 04:26 PM
Apparently an unimpressive win over another bad team has sparked the use of the word "playoff" again around SW MO.

Some people just never learn...

thebootfitter
October 23rd, 2014, 04:29 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Missouri State take this one.

Professor Chaos
October 23rd, 2014, 04:47 PM
I picked MSU as my upset special in the weekly MVFC pick ems.... sorry Bears, you're doomed now.

MSUDuo
October 23rd, 2014, 05:56 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Missouri State take this one.
That's how we roll. Once we **** our bed, we'll start ****ting on other teams beds just for fun.

I guarantee that the Bears keep a team out or keep a team from getting a seed.

Bisonator
October 23rd, 2014, 05:58 PM
I thought long and hard over this game but decided to go with ISU. Wouldn't be surprised either way though. Good luck!

Thumper 76
October 23rd, 2014, 06:10 PM
Honestly I think the Bears have a real good shot. It's about that time of year the start to win and knock Valley teams out of the playoffs/seeds.

birdsflyhigh
October 23rd, 2014, 06:57 PM
I respect the MSU team this season and think they are pretty darn good. The Bears in any other conference other than the MVFC would probably be looking at getting into the playoffs. With that said, I think the Redbirds are going to remember the past 2 seasons of losing to the Bears.

ISU has a chance to go 7-0 for the first time since 1932, and they will be fired up at home by blowing the doors off the Bears. Going to 4-0 in the MVFC in front of a big home crowd at beautiful Hancock Stadium...LOVE IT! :)

REALBird
October 23rd, 2014, 08:15 PM
A funny thing happened on the way to game, DAMN, we actually have to play it on the field instead of on paper! On Paper, we're an @$$ kicking undefeated team with a chip on our shoulders. When we're clicking, nothing can stop us. When we're down, we're never out of a game until the final play and thus far, we make just the right plays, at just the right time.

That 6-0 record tends to make players play a little tighter than when you were 1-0 or 2-0. Plus, with UNI and the dome coming up two weeks from now, another hard place to win. The guys have to be careful of not looking two weeks ahead, and try not to poke these Bears. They're hungry and trying to see if this game is the one that rights the ship, and maybe saves their coach his job.

I think this one is closer than I want it to be, but we hold on to maintain the lead in the 4Q rather than snatching victory from the hands of defeat for a third straight week.

ISU 34
MSU 32

ValleyTalk
October 23rd, 2014, 10:04 PM
ILSU is good, but their undefeated ride will end soon. Perhaps this week?

Go MSU!

Bisonwinagn
October 23rd, 2014, 10:06 PM
ISU is significantly better at home. It will be interesting to see how that plays out this weekend. Should be a high scoring game.

BisonBohl
October 24th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Redbirds win by double digits.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 24th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Redbirds win by double digits.

This here. They play pretty well at home.

MSUDuo
October 24th, 2014, 09:40 PM
This here. They play pretty well at home.

Except against MSU. Terry Allen and the Bears are 2-2 against Illinois St in Normal.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 24th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Except against MSU. Terry Allen and the Bears are 2-2 against Illinois St in Normal.

The Bears seem to be a Jeckle/Hyde team.

Is TA done after this year?

MSUDuo
October 24th, 2014, 09:47 PM
The Bears seem to be a Jeckle/Hyde team.

Is TA done after this year?
No. If they get to 6 wins he will be back.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 25th, 2014, 07:17 AM
No. If they get to 6 wins he will be back.

I keep waiting for MSU to break out and become a 'monster' FCS program. Great area for recruiting and now their stadium looks awesome.

MSU always gives the Bison trouble....wonder if it will be the same this year?...xchinscratchx