PDA

View Full Version : Here come the GRRIIIIZZZ

DuckDuckGriz
November 8th, 2006, 01:13 AM
Cool video shown on Griz Vision before Montana enters the field.
Courtesy of langeschwantz on YouTube.

Bad angle, but you get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rxmtnufMQA

crunifan
November 8th, 2006, 01:32 AM
That's really cool. I always think a cool part about visiting other stadiums is seeing how the team comes onto the field.

UNI does something really similar to that.

The band lines both sides of the tunnell like Montana does. And the favorite Panther line is repeated (warning: it is cheesy as Hell for others, but we love it. Also tweaked for this year :nod: )

"Ladies and Gentlemen, a ferocious predator has been seen stalking the nation, carrying the National Runner-Up Trophey! We caution you to watch...for The Cat! Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrre Cooooome the Panthers!"

And then you hear a loud panther growl as they run on.

But yeah, it would be cool to see videos of other schools as well!

DuckDuckGriz
November 8th, 2006, 01:35 AM
I'd love to go to the UNI Dome. Panthers-Griz would be an awesome home and home. Two of the best fan bases IMO.

crunifan
November 8th, 2006, 01:40 AM
I'd love to go to the UNI Dome. Panthers-Griz would be an awesome home and home. Two of the best fan bases IMO.

Completely agree. Love to have a home and home with the Griz. That would be huge for both teams!

th0m
November 8th, 2006, 07:24 AM
That's an awesome vid.

JMU_MRD'03-'07
November 8th, 2006, 08:01 AM
I enjoy it more than watch us play at Bridgeforth, cause its not a band, but instead the team.

DuckDuckGriz
November 8th, 2006, 05:12 PM
I enjoy it more than watch us play at Bridgeforth, cause its not a band, but instead the team.

Yes.
:confused:

No_Skill
November 8th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Can't wait till the Bison go back to get re-aquainted. Lord knows we'll have to go to Missoula before the Griz come to Fargo. :rotateh:

I have a feeling I'll need to go visit the In-laws if that game ever get's scheduled.

But who knows, maybe we'll meet sometime in the playoffs before then. :thumbsup:

JMU_MRD'03-'07
November 8th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Yes.
:confused:

Ok that was confusing. I meant I like the clips on your modest-tron more than the ones on our modest-tron. Ours show a staged performance of a band who are supposed to be playing Aerosmith with the words "Watch us play" insterted into "Walk this way".
I like yours better because it shows clips of the team playing instead.

Peems
November 8th, 2006, 06:17 PM
griz vision is the best!

PantherRob82
November 8th, 2006, 06:43 PM
I was excited to see YSU's atmosphere. The team entrance was pretty boring.

PSUVikings
November 8th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Cool video shown on Griz Vision before Montana enters the field.
Courtesy of langeschwantz on YouTube.

Bad angle, but you get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rxmtnufMQA

The Griz are definitly special among other schools

DuckDuckGriz
November 8th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Ok that was confusing. I meant I like the clips on your modest-tron more than the ones on our modest-tron. Ours show a staged performance of a band who are supposed to be playing Aerosmith with the words "Watch us play" insterted into "Walk this way".
I like yours better because it shows clips of the team playing instead.

Gotcha. I remember seeing the JMU band in Chatty in 2004. They were huuuggeee!!! Definetly one of the finest.

chiapet9
November 8th, 2006, 07:13 PM
jmu has one of the best bands in the nation. but i agree - the big screen is supposed to show football highlights....not marching band highlights.

JMU_MRD'03-'07
November 8th, 2006, 07:23 PM
jmu has one of the best bands in the nation. but i agree - the big screen is supposed to show football highlights....not marching band highlights.

Sorry again, its not marching band on the clips... its actors being a rock band.

JMU_MRD'03-'07
November 8th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Gotcha. I remember seeing the JMU band in Chatty in 2004. They were huuuggeee!!! Definetly one of the finest.

And thank you... our assistant director was working at Montana recently. Scott Rikkers... It was pretty funny that he just left there the year before to come here and still got to see the Grizz.

chiapet9
November 8th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Sorry again, its not marching band on the clips... its actors being a rock band.

ahhh - sorry. as you can see i haven't seen a game at Bridgeforth in a while. :-(

JMU_MRD'03-'07
November 8th, 2006, 07:34 PM
ahhh - sorry. as you can see i haven't seen a game at Bridgeforth in a while. :-(

:(

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 8th, 2006, 08:42 PM
JMU is one of the best bands in the country!!!

I guess in 2005 they showed more of the football clips of each of the playoff games and NC game.....I enjoyed that. I also enjoy the Aerosmith clip.....maybe a change will be order after we win the title this year.

Go Dukes

FargoBison
November 8th, 2006, 09:48 PM
NDSU's entrance is pretty cool. The lights go out and then a 1 minute video is played showing towns from across the state and as the video plays the towns are getting closer and closer to the Fargodome. Thunderstruck is blaring over the PA as the video goes along and eventually it gets to the Lockerroom. The door opens and the crowd goes nuts as the team heads to the field, they eventually stop at a big inflatable helmet. The PA guys says, "Here is your Thundering Herd!" and they run out onto the field while some fireworks go off.

I wish I had the video but thats about as good as I can explain it.

MR. CHICKEN
November 8th, 2006, 09:52 PM
GRIZZWOLD'S....THINK "WALLY WORLD"....IS IN 'NOOGAH....TSK! TSK!

grizband
November 9th, 2006, 12:30 AM
And thank you... our assistant director was working at Montana recently. Scott Rikkers... It was pretty funny that he just left there the year before to come here and still got to see the Grizz.
Scott Rikkers was a great director, and we hated to see him go, but he left for a job that he loved. It was great to see him in Chatty, only wish the game would have turned out differently. Tell Rikkers everyone at Montana says hi...especially Nate from the trumpets.

Jackluv
November 9th, 2006, 11:10 AM
great video and crazy fans lol...i remember playin in front of that packed 23,000 stadium...nuuuts

KiddBrewer
November 9th, 2006, 01:41 PM
i havent seen many other I-AA team entrances at their home field, but i think App's is pretty good. Probably better out there, but we have a pretty cool video on the screen, then they play 'hells bells' and the chancellor fires the gun as the team runs out of the helmet. pretty neat i think. im always drunk as a skunk about that point, so its neat to me atleast.

VictorG
November 9th, 2006, 06:57 PM
I sent Matt Dougherty an email asking how he liked the new video before the team entrance. this is our exchange.

----- Original Message -----

To: [email protected]

Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 12:00 PM

Subject: Comments

Matt,

Hope you had a good time in Missoula. Just wondering, how did you like the Griz Nation video before the team entrance?

Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 4:15 PM

I liked it, everything in Montana is top-notch on the I-AA scene. Good time all around, (I just wish the trip could be easier:)

JMU_MRD'03-'07
November 10th, 2006, 12:17 PM
I sent Matt Dougherty an email asking how he liked the new video before the team entrance. this is our exchange.

----- Original Message -----

To: [email protected]

Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 12:00 PM

Subject: Comments

Matt,

Hope you had a good time in Missoula. Just wondering, how did you like the Griz Nation video before the team entrance?

Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 4:15 PM

I liked it, everything in Montana is top-notch on the I-AA scene. Good time all around, (I just wish the trip could be easier:)

Agreed... I want to go to Missoula, but its not easy to get out there!