PDA

View Full Version : ISU @ SIU

Houndawg
October 20th, 2014, 12:29 PM
The Dawgs have dropped two in a row to NDSU and YSU on their Homecomings, and this week it's our turn to host the Trees for our Homecoming. Both teams have identical 4-3 FCS records and both have two MVC losses. The loser will be all but technically out of the picture and the winner will still be contending for a possible third AL bid for the MVC. SIU fans won't be laying down any money until we know if our Payton-watch RB will be playing. He left the game at YSU in the 1st qtr., after a quick 31 yards on 4 carries, and it was all down hill from there. The good news is that the unofficial word is that it isn't his hamstring. The bad news is its an ankle and we don't know any more until after the MRI today. His next two backups are hurt too. I would expect the Trees to come out throwing to set up the run, but SIU may need to apply the same strategy with their RB problems.

Sycamore62
October 20th, 2014, 02:12 PM
I think both teams could make it with a loss but it will cause them to have to win out. Im not sure what a win over Taylor does, im assuming being NAIA it may not help.

RabidRabbit
October 20th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Both of these teams are done with NDSU. And both did in by the Bison. ISU(B) has the best chance of getting an at-large with a 4-4 MVFC record, but would be nearly a shoo-in at 5-3 MVFC, with the FBS win and Liberty win OOC. SIU, like the others who played down a game, will need to finish no worse than 5-3 to have a sniff of the play-offs.

Sounds like the Skinny Dawgs may be too thin on the running game to keep Trees from taking root and planting a victory flag in Carbondale.

Sycamore62
October 20th, 2014, 02:52 PM
is there a broadcast carrier for this? I know a local terre haute station is and espn3 but is there any other broadcast?

underdawg
October 20th, 2014, 03:17 PM
SIU speedy WR Tay Willis will get touches at RB in this game. He's run for 375 yards in only 65 attempts (5.8 yards per carry). O-coordinator Bill O'Boyle said this Fall that Willis may actually be the Dawgs best Running back (i got that same evaluation from Running Backs coach Larry Warner too) but since Agnew was there, they decided to move Willis to WR so both would start every game. We'll see how it works out for one game---Lennon said Agnew would be out for probably two weeks. Fortunately SIU gets a bye-weekend Nov. 1 and does not play till Nov. 8.

Houndawg
October 20th, 2014, 03:26 PM
I think both teams could make it with a loss but it will cause them to have to win out. Im not sure what a win over Taylor does, im assuming being NAIA it may not help.

Right both times. Taylor doesn't count. SIU has 4 FCS wins.

skinny_uncle
October 20th, 2014, 08:03 PM
is there a broadcast carrier for this? I know a local terre haute station is and espn3 but is there any other broadcast?

It is supposed to be on Valley TV as one of their games of the week.

underdawg
October 20th, 2014, 08:37 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaFPIiB_1uU (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaFPIiB_1uU)

Tay Willis as RB in High School

skinny_uncle
October 20th, 2014, 08:44 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaFPIiB_1uU (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaFPIiB_1uU)

Tay Willis as RB in High School

He's quick in the open field, but not as effective in short yardage situations.

underdawg
October 20th, 2014, 08:50 PM
I was hoping one of our two big lugs will help him outxlolx

Professor Chaos
October 20th, 2014, 09:49 PM
The loser of this game will be reeling having dropped 3 straight. Like Sycamore62 said the loser of this game is still alive but it'll be awful tough for either to turn a 3 game losing streak into a 3-4 game winning streak.

Sycamore62
October 20th, 2014, 09:53 PM
This game may give us the answer to which team can win out. I'd like the cushion though

skinny_uncle
October 20th, 2014, 11:13 PM
I was hoping one of our two big lugs will help him outxlolx

Would that be McCall with the bum shoulder or rusty old Malcome?

Houndawg
October 21st, 2014, 05:21 AM
Would that be McCall with the bum shoulder or rusty old Malcome?

Neither of them has done much since they arrived and that isn't likely to change this week. We're in a bad spot regardless of who we try to replace Agnew with, as would be any team that lost a Payton Award candidate. Walter is an unknown but the little I've seen has been pretty average so its looking like Willis by default - maybe two TEs, single back, two wide. Look for Ianotti to have more carries than usual.

underdawg
October 21st, 2014, 07:29 AM
Willis' problem is his lack of weight (170) not his strength. Lennon said in his signing presser two years ago that Willis has benched 335 pounds! But Force= Mass X Acceleration, so moving the pile would be hard.

Sycamore62
October 21st, 2014, 08:19 AM
Willis' problem is his lack of weight (170) not his strength. Lennon said in his signing presser two years ago that Willis has benched 335 pounds! But Force= Mass X Acceleration, so moving the pile would be hard.

In my life, I have never seen a bench press on the field during a football game.

I just like to say that.

underdawg
October 21st, 2014, 09:01 AM
Yeh, and I've never seen a standing long jump in a game either but the pros seem to like to use these silly things to evaluate players--the stupid *****s!!

skinny_uncle
October 21st, 2014, 12:29 PM
Yeh, and I've never seen a standing long jump in a game either but the pros seem to like to use these silly things to evaluate players--the stupid *****s!!

I have seen tacklers hurdled, though.

skinny_uncle
October 21st, 2014, 02:13 PM
Neither of them has done much since they arrived and that isn't likely to change this week. We're in a bad spot regardless of who we try to replace Agnew with, as would be any team that lost a Payton Award candidate. Walter is an unknown but the little I've seen has been pretty average so its looking like Willis by default - maybe two TEs, single back, two wide. Look for Ianotti to have more carries than usual.
Maybe they could stick Pruitt in the backfield. That would be interesting.

Sycamore62
October 22nd, 2014, 08:16 AM
Was Agnew's injury new or something that popped back up

skinny_uncle
October 22nd, 2014, 07:30 PM
Prediction:

Dawgs 24
Trees 17

You do realize what dogs normally do to trees, don't you?

skinny_uncle
October 22nd, 2014, 07:32 PM
Was Agnew's injury new or something that popped back up

During the game I heard is was his ankle, but later heard it was a foot injury. Who knows? Either way, he is out for Saturday.

Sycamore62
October 23rd, 2014, 12:37 PM
Prediction:

Dawgs 24
Trees 17

You do realize what dogs normally do to trees, don't you?

I forgot to respond to this.

Yes I do know, they fertilize them with their rotting corpses after their lives (or in this case playoff hopes) end much sooner.

Sorry that's the best I could do

Sycamore62
October 24th, 2014, 02:29 PM
I'm bumping this by predicting the winner makes the playoffs, loser's playoffs start next week. Yes I posted this on another thread but I was afraid you guys wouldn't read it and I don't want to deprive you of my superior insight.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 24th, 2014, 08:37 PM
This one would be a fun one to see.

I'll go with SIU at home.

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2014, 12:47 AM
I forgot to respond to this.

Yes I do know, they fertilize them with their rotting corpses after their lives (or in this case playoff hopes) end much sooner.

Sorry that's the best I could do

We understand that SMACK is not your strong point.

Sycamore62
October 25th, 2014, 08:36 AM
We understand that SMACK is not your strong point.

Haha. It's not like I have a lot to work with. But it's close to Halloween so maybe the team is distracted by your 1980's reputation

Thumper 76
October 25th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Haha. It's not like I have a lot to work with. But it's close to Halloween so maybe the team is distracted by your 1980's reputation

I would assume that you're a little rusty.

Sycamore62
October 25th, 2014, 11:50 AM
I would assume that you're a little rusty.

Ya. Not a lot of smack talking opportunities

Houndawg
October 25th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Ya. Not a lot of smack talking opportunities

Are you coming to the game?

Sycamore62
October 25th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Are you coming to the game?
Was going to but we are doing family stuff this afternoon. I try to make a game in illinois every year and i like your stadium but it looks like this year is set up for me to go to Western for the last game if it is a game of playoff implications. Thats not a prediction just a hope

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Trees score first on a 47 yard pass.

7-0

:(

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Trees score again after Suggs almost falls down in coverage.

14-0

Sycamore62
October 25th, 2014, 06:47 PM
End of 1st 14-0. ISUb on SIU 5yd line

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2014, 06:57 PM
80 yard drive by the Dawgs finished by a TD pass to Pruitt.

14-7 Trees.

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2014, 07:18 PM
Trees get a TD after going for it on fourth and goal at the 1 yard line.

21-7 Trees

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Trees FG .
24-7
halftime

Twentysix
October 25th, 2014, 07:37 PM
I'm only half watching this game (I spent the entire half trying to find items to buy on amazon to make my new Vita case have free shipping), but ISUb is making SIU look pretty bad. At least SIU's pass coverage is looking bad.

REALBird
October 25th, 2014, 07:44 PM
oops

Sycamore62
October 25th, 2014, 08:00 PM
I'm only half watching this game (I spent the entire half trying to find items to buy on amazon to make my new Vita case have free shipping), but ISUb is making SIU look pretty bad. At least SIU's pass coverage is looking bad.

Had some success running the ball too. Had the ball on the 5 before the qtr and went delay, screen back to the 5 QB not ready for snap off his hands missed short fg. MORONS!

- - - Updated - - -

Just got a little worked up there

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2014, 08:14 PM
TD pass to Willis by backup QB West.

Trees 24 Dawgs 14.

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Perish with another TD pass.

http://salukination.net/images/smilies/icon_cry.gif

FargoBison
October 25th, 2014, 08:49 PM
Will Lennon be back next year?

Twentysix
October 25th, 2014, 08:56 PM
How many interceptions have there been this game? Include the ones that refs called off.

Seems like every time I look over it's an interception. I swear i've heard the announcers say Interception! at least 5 times, some of which were out of bounds or whatever.

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Trees another TD pass.

Kick us out of the rankings.

BisonFan02
October 25th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Yikes................................time to draw up the MVFC playoff scenarios.

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Perish 26-40, 351 yards, 4 TDs

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2014, 09:18 PM
38-20 after Walter gets his first TD of the season.

Sycamore62
October 25th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Trees another TD pass.

Kick us out of the rankings.

I assume your normal RB would have made a difference? Legit question no sarcasm

Bisonator
October 25th, 2014, 09:20 PM

Haha don't think he plays defense but ya never know.

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2014, 09:29 PM
FG by the Trees makes it 41-20

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2014, 09:30 PM

We probably would have more than the 27 yards rushing we have at this point. Who knows?

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2014, 09:39 PM
West throws a TD to Iwema to end it.
41-26 final.

IndyTreeFan
October 25th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Didn't see that coming. Thought we could win, but I didn't think we'd overwhelm the Salukis at their homecoming. That's five more wins than most saw us having this year.

Houndawg
October 25th, 2014, 10:23 PM
Haha don't think he plays defense but ya never know.

maybe a few first downs to get the defense some rest....

Sycamore62
October 25th, 2014, 10:27 PM
So with the idiots that put out polls, what does everyone think will happen and should happen? I think SIU drops big, ISUb goes up to 18 or so.

ISUb should be 15 and SIU should be about 17-19

our only losses are to IU and 2 undefeated FCS teams

i looked at the wrong poll. I thought SIU was higher

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 25th, 2014, 11:49 PM
So with the idiots that put out polls, what does everyone think will happen and should happen? I think SIU drops big, ISUb goes up to 18 or so.

SIU is going to really drop in my poll.

Houndawg
October 26th, 2014, 08:07 AM

SIU should be out of the poll, not because they lost but because of how they lost. Can't call them out for quitting because that would imply that they were giving effort at some point when the fact is that they were done before the opening kickoff. Truly an embarrassing day to be a Dawg fan.

Houndawg
October 26th, 2014, 08:09 AM
We probably would have more than the 27 yards rushing we have at this point. Who knows?

First game I've ever seen with two false start calls on the center.

Sycamore62
October 26th, 2014, 09:22 AM
My espn3 coverage was lacking. Missed every 1st play after a commercial