William and Mary at Liberty vs 1. NDSU
SDSU at McNeese State vs 8. Montana

Sacred Heart at Fordham vs 5. UNH
Indiana State at EKU vs 4. Illinois State

Jacksonville at Bethune-Cookman vs 6. CCU
Northwestern State at Montana State vs 3. EWU

SELA at Chattanooga vs 7. Jacksonville State
Richmond at YSU vs 2. Nova

Autobids(11): EWU, CCU, Nova, Bethune, NDSU, Sacred Hearth, Jax State, Fordham, Jacksonville, Chatty, SELA
At Large(13): UNH, ISUR, Montana Richmond, Montana State, YSU, SDSU, Indiana State, William and Mary, McNeese St, EKU, Liberty, Northwestern State

Bubble: SIU, MSU, NCAT, Albany, JMU, Bryant, Western Carolina and SFA

superman7515
October 19th, 2014, 04:58 PM
The MEAC wins a playoff game!

Sycamore62
October 19th, 2014, 05:08 PM
Any idea what the autobid tie breaker for the mvfc is? I thought maybe last team to not use it or something like that but maybe I was thinking of the old BigTen Rose Bowl rule

smilo
October 19th, 2014, 05:08 PM
SIU+UNI+MSU>NWST+McNeese+EKU (though NWST and McNeese are my first two out; EKU is 4th but WIU won't get to 7 wins so I guess 3rd)

#MVFC2014 because if we can get an all SEC West playoff, we can get 8 from the MVFC.

You may want to add UCA to the bubble. Good possibility they win out though SHSU (another possible bubble team) could stand in their way. The losses to Mont St and Mizz St will hurt if those two aren't solid in's. UCA and SHSU probably my 4th and 5th out at the moment. SLC has a ton of bubbly teams.

The other things to look at would be the bid stealing conferences. Hopefully not, but Bryant could get 9 wins. Hard to hold them out. Hopefully SCSU at 8 wins isn't very appealing. Bucknell could get a decent win total from the PL though 8 may not be enough especially with a loss to Bryant. Will 9?

Big Sky has a ton of teams that could get to 7 or 8 wins, but I'm hoping that wouldn't be enough out of that conference this year. We'll get a clearer picture in the next week or two of which teams to include.

My only other complaint is Montana with a bye. They'd be my last team in. Switch them and the Bobcats. First round matchups look pretty good. Maybe switch YSU and NWSU (and make W&M the home team or now switch SELA and NWST. Weird SELA would win SLC and not get a home game)? Indiana State and SDSU would probably get a home game for me too, but that's just nitpicky. Pretty good playoff picture

Sycamore62
October 19th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Didn't want to repost everything smilo said but the home games in some (our) cases might come down to bids

Grizalltheway
October 19th, 2014, 05:14 PM
SIU+UNI+MSU>NWST+McNeese+EKU (though NWST and McNeese are my first two out; EKU is 4th but WIU won't get to 7 wins so I guess 3rd)

#MVFC2014 because if we can get an all SEC West playoff, we can get 8 from the MVFC.

You may want to add UCA to the bubble. Good possibility they win out though SHSU (another possible bubble team) could stand in their way. The losses to Mont St and Mizz St will hurt if those two aren't solid in's. UCA and SHSU probably my 4th and 5th out at the moment. SLC has a ton of bubbly teams.

The other things to look at would be the bid stealing conferences. Hopefully not, but Bryant could get 9 wins. Hard to hold them out. Hopefully SCSU at 8 wins isn't very appealing. Bucknell could get a decent win total from the PL though 8 may not be enough especially with a loss to Bryant. Will 9?

Big Sky has a ton of teams that could get to 7 or 8 wins, but I'm hoping that wouldn't be enough out of that conference this year. We'll get a clearer picture in the next week or two of which teams to include.

My only other complaint is Montana with a bye. They'd be my last team in. Switch them and the Bobcats. First round matchups look pretty good. Maybe switch YSU and NWSU (and make W&M the home team or now switch SELA and NWST. Weird SELA would win SLC and not get a home game)? Indiana State and SDSU would probably get a home game for me too, but that's just nitpicky. Pretty good playoff picture

Last team in, really? Lots of football left to play, but I think there's a decent chance we finish 9-3 or even 10-2.

FargoBison
October 19th, 2014, 05:14 PM

My only other complaint is Montana with a bye. They'd be my last team in. Switch them and the Bobcats. First round matchups look pretty good. Maybe switch YSU and NWSU (and make W&M the home team or now switch SELA and NWST. Weird SELA would win SLC and not get a home game)? Indiana State and SDSU would probably get a home game for me too, but that's just nitpicky.

There is no way Indiana State is going to bid enough for a home game vs EKU(who outbid JMU a few years ago), SDSU might but they have been burned by small crowds in the past. I think McNeese would offer a bigger bid.

UNI has no business being in the field, no quality win and four losses. I will not put a four loss team in the field or bubble right now, they need to win more games. Problem for SIU is that their wins don't look so good right now, they need a quality win. MSU is very close, will likely be in next week with a win.

The final seed could go a number of different ways. Montana is just kind of hanging on, could see the case for Montana State. SELA has a bad loss vs SEMO.

Sycamore62
October 19th, 2014, 05:19 PM
There is no way Indiana State is going to bid enough for a home game vs EKU(who outbid JMU a few years ago), SDSU might but they have been burned by small crowds in the past. I think McNeese would offer a bigger bid.

UNI has no business being in the field, no quality win and four losses. I will not put a four loss team in the field or bubble right now, they need to win more games.Problem for SIU is that their wins don't look so good right now, they need a quality win. MSU is very close, will likely be in next week with a win.

The final seed could go a number of different ways. Montana is just kind of hanging on, could see the case for Montana State. SELA has a bad loss vs SEMO.

I think any 8 win MVC team should make it I don't know if UNI has a D2 school or something and I'm too lazy to look it up but I think they were counting those now. It's possible ISUb could bid enough. I'm not sure EXACTLY how the bid process works but I've heard of some bids getting one that are in the range of what we have bid in the past. If they give you a chance to match the other bid then we would probably meet any reasonable bid

FargoBison
October 19th, 2014, 05:26 PM
I think any 8 win MVC team should make it I don't know if UNI has a D2 school or something and I'm too lazy to look it up but I think they were counting those now. It's possible ISUb could bid enough. I'm not sure EXACTLY how the bid process works but I've heard of some bids getting one that are in the range of what we have bid in the past. If they give you a chance to match the other bid then we would probably meet any reasonable bid

The bids are done before the playoffs, AD's send them to the committee and they are put in a sealed envelopes until the field is set. So it is kind of a guessing game as to who would likely host.

hebmskebm
October 19th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Looks good other than Montana getting a seed.

blackbeard
October 19th, 2014, 05:46 PM
Interested in everyone's opinion on the NEC and playoff possibilities. If SHU and Bryant win out, they will face each other on 11/15 for the Conference title. The winner would be 10-1, loser 9-2.

SHU Non-Conference
Marist - W
Lafayette - W
Assumption (D2) - W
Bucknell - L
Delaware - W

Bryant Non-Conference
Stony Brook - W
Merrimack (D2) - W
Maine - W
Liberty - L
Bucknell - W

So what is everyone's opinion? Does the loser of this game get an at large bid? I know it's a long shot to be talking about an at large for the NEC.

knucklehead
October 19th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Looks good to me.

Grizzlies82
October 19th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Interested in everyone's opinion on the NEC and playoff possibilities. If SHU and Bryant win out, they will face each other on 11/15 for the Conference title. The winner would be 10-1, loser 9-2.

SHU Non-Conference
Marist - W
Lafayette - W
Assumption (D2) - W
Bucknell - L
Delaware - W

Bryant Non-Conference
Stony Brook - W
Merrimack (D2) - W
Maine - W
Liberty - L
Bucknell - W

So what is everyone's opinion? Does the loser of this game get an at large bid? I know it's a long shot to be talking about an at large for the NEC.

Anything is possible. The committee has criteria. Yet they also have huge leeway in how they call it.
Though history suggests you shouldn't get your hopes up for an NEC runner up to get a playoff slot.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 19th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Fordham will get a bye if they win out....

MR. CHICKEN
October 19th, 2014, 05:51 PM

UNI has no business being in the field, no quality win and four losses. I will not put a four loss team in the field or bubble right now, they need to win more games. Problem for SIU is that their wins don't look so good right now, they need a quality win. MSU is very close, will likely be in next week with a win.

19882.........IFIN'...AH REMEMBERAH RIGHT.....JMU...INEXPLICABLY....DIDN'T SUBMIT UH BID...TA DUKIES DISMAY.........SEEMS AH'M THINKIN' DERE WAS CONTROVERSY...........xdontknowx.......AWK!

BucBisonAtLarge
October 19th, 2014, 06:07 PM

SHU Non-Conference
Marist - W
Lafayette - W
Assumption (D2) - W
Bucknell - L
Delaware - W

Bryant Non-Conference
Stony Brook - W
Merrimack (D2) - W
Maine - W
Liberty - L
Bucknell - W

A few years ago Lehigh finished 10-1, but lost the Patriot League and was shut out. I believe that was before the field was expanded. I would like to think that SHU or Bryant might get an at-large, but it is going to depend on the interpretation of strength of schedule. OOC SOS is what killed Lehigh that year.

KUlawJack
October 19th, 2014, 06:13 PM

Send them west, we'll have them out on the plains and show them a nice time.

What will Fordham's best win be if they win out?

KUlawJack
October 19th, 2014, 06:15 PM

McNeese would kill us with their bid unless we have a big donor step up and front a ton of cash, which isn't unheard of for a home game I guess.

That was a perfect storm of crappiness for our small crowd for the beat down against EIU (only game we've hosted ever). Colder than hell and Thanksgiving weekend. Bad news for a big crowd for us.

KPSUL
October 19th, 2014, 06:18 PM
A couple comments on the Eastern schools. I don't disagree with your seeding of Coastal Carolina at #6; however, they are likely to finish 12-0. Even with perhaps the easiest schedule of the top 16 teams, I doubt they'll drop to 6, particularly with Villanova and Ill. State each having at least a couple tough away conference games left, a loss for either is a strong possibility. NOVA has a tougher conference schedule than UNH this season, so if they both manage to finish 8-0, they'll probably get the lower seed. However, assuming both NOVA and EWU both win their remaining games, I doubt they will be jumped to 2 over EWU.

BEAR
October 19th, 2014, 06:31 PM
SLC will get two ......maybe.

hebmskebm
October 19th, 2014, 06:40 PM

FBS Army. Last week of reg. season.

heath

SHU Non-Conference
Marist - W
Lafayette - W
Assumption (D2) - W
Bucknell - L
Delaware - W

Bryant Non-Conference
Stony Brook - W
Merrimack (D2) - W
Maine - W
Liberty - L
Bucknell - W

Nope, the committee screwed that over 2 years ago with Lehigh. look for a stronger conference to get their 3rd or 4th team instead.

KPSUL

SHU Non-Conference
Marist - W
Lafayette - W
Assumption (D2) - W
Bucknell - L
Delaware - W

Bryant Non-Conference
Stony Brook - W
Merrimack (D2) - W
Maine - W
Liberty - L
Bucknell - W

No, I don't think they'll get one at-large bid, and I don't think either team's schedule warrants it.

KPSUL
October 19th, 2014, 06:44 PM
All Fordham's wins are over teams with losing records and they lost 50-6 to Villanova. Even with a win over Army they don't deserve a top 8 seed.

dgreco
October 19th, 2014, 06:49 PM
No, I don't think they'll get one at-large bid, and I don't think either team's schedule warrants it.

I don't think either team will get an at-large, but Bryant's non-conference schedule keeps the door open for discussion. I don't think SHU has a strong enough non-conference schedule or wins to be in the discussion. SHU probably has the better chance to win out and will likely represent the NEC in the playoffs this year.

hebmskebm
October 19th, 2014, 06:50 PM
If they win out, Fordham would have as much of a claim to be seeded as Bethune-Cookman, which is to say, not much of one at the moment.

Then again, that's all assuming the schools ahead of them from other conferences win out. If there are only like 5 one or zero loss teams by season's end, and a Fordham or BCU are among them, they could get a seed.

Twentysix
October 19th, 2014, 06:52 PM
FBS Army. Last week of reg. season.

That should be an easy win. How often has an FBS team lost to two FCS teams in one season?

FordhamFan
October 19th, 2014, 07:02 PM

I wish man, I wish.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 19th, 2014, 07:09 PM
I wish man, I wish.

I don't see Villanova losing a game. That loss while ugly shouldn't be THAT big of an obstacle. Lehigh got a bye in 2011 and received a short road trip to Towson. The Mountain Hawks only loss was a in OT against UNH. This years Fordham team has built up a similar type of resume and is as equally dangerous imo. A win over Army and a undefeated league record will carry some weight. Especially if Bucknell and Colgate keep winning...

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 19th, 2014, 07:12 PM
A few years ago Lehigh finished 10-1, but lost the Patriot League and was shut out. I believe that was before the field was expanded. I would like to think that SHU or Bryant might get an at-large, but it is going to depend on the interpretation of strength of schedule. OOC SOS is what killed Lehigh that year.

Only league loss in a 3 year span....xsmhx

JSUBison
October 19th, 2014, 07:22 PM
That should be an easy win. How often has an FBS team lost to two FCS teams in one season?

AGS's favorite FBS team, Georgia State, lost to THREE FCS teams last year.

Nope, the committee screwed that over 2 years ago with Lehigh. look for a stronger conference to get their 3rd or 4th team instead.

That was an odd year, there were several conferences that had co-champions. Big Sky, Big South, Southern and Southland. Looks like the committee that year wanted to get the co-champions in, which is understandable. Lehigh should have been in that year, but who do you leave out? It looks like to include Lehigh that year they would have to leave out one of the following: Illinois State, New Hampshire or Villanova.

blackbeard
October 19th, 2014, 07:41 PM

Wasn't that before the last expansion of the playoff field?

blackbeard
October 19th, 2014, 07:45 PM
I don't think either team will get an at-large, but Bryant's non-conference schedule keeps the door open for discussion. I don't think SHU has a strong enough non-conference schedule or wins to be in the discussion. SHU probably has the better chance to win out and will likely represent the NEC in the playoffs this year.

No doubt Bryant has a stronger non-conference schedule than does SHU

Dane96
October 19th, 2014, 07:54 PM

SHU Non-Conference
Marist - W
Lafayette - W
Assumption (D2) - W
Bucknell - L
Delaware - W

Bryant Non-Conference
Stony Brook - W
Maine - W
Liberty - L
Bucknell - W

Short answer, no. Maine won't have the oomph you need for an OOC win, and UD...all depends on how they finish. Stony Brook is the marquee win on that list right now. But an end of season loss to SHU would keep them from an at-large, negating the SBU win.

veinup
October 19th, 2014, 11:00 PM
hate to say it and i'd love to be wrong but i see the wheels coming off the Montana playoff bus starting next weekend.

putter
October 19th, 2014, 11:22 PM
hate to say it and i'd love to be wrong but i see the wheels coming off the Montana playoff bus starting next weekend.

Definitely a tough stretch to end the year for the Griz.

WileECoyote06
October 20th, 2014, 07:45 AM

SHU Non-Conference
Marist - W
Lafayette - W
Assumption (D2) - W
Bucknell - L
Delaware - W

Bryant Non-Conference
Stony Brook - W
Merrimack (D2) - W
Maine - W
Liberty - L
Bucknell - W

Considering the performance of Liberty and Bucknell so far, I think Bryant can lose and still receive an at-large bid. They scheduled well, it's not their fault Maine is under-performing. But I think Duquesne will have something to say about that NEC autobid, so Bryant might not even get into position to stake a claim to it.

FargoBison
October 20th, 2014, 09:12 AM
A few more brackets...I am always amazed at how horrible Sports Network's bracket is. Just a lazy effort every single week...

Sports Network Bracketology
(http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4732137)

Southern Illinois/Montana State winner at No. 1 seed North Dakota State
Jacksonville/Fordham winner at No. 8 seed Illinois State

Richmond/Chattanooga winner at No. 5 seed Jacksonville State
Bethune-Cookman/James Madison winner at No. 4 seed New Hampshire

North Carolina A&T/Liberty winner at No. 6 seed Coastal Carolina
Sacred Heart/Youngstown State winner at No. 3 seed Villanova

McNeese State/Montana winner at No. 7 seed Southeastern Louisiana
Eastern Kentucky/South Dakota State winner at No. 2 seed Eastern Washington

On the other hand this might be the best bracket from a blog or media outlet.... http://nobowls.com/

http://nobowls.com/images/week8.png

kalm
October 20th, 2014, 09:17 AM
A few more brackets...I am always amazed at how horrible Sports Network's bracket is. Just a lazy effort every single week...

(http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4732137)

On the other hand this might be the best bracket from a blog or media outlet.... http://nobowls.com/

That last one is a good one.

BisonBacker
October 20th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Ill.State the #3 seed???? I'd be questioning that.

CockyGeek
October 20th, 2014, 10:15 AM
I'd love to see Jacksonville State take on Chattanooga again and win big this time. SELA could be fun too. Maybe there could at least be more competition than Samford was last year.

chattownmocs
October 20th, 2014, 10:31 AM
I'd love to see Jacksonville State take on Chattanooga again and win big this time. SELA could be fun too. Maybe there could at least be more competition than Samford was last year.

Be careful what you wish for.

knucklehead
October 20th, 2014, 10:53 AM
The part that floors me is that several have a Liberty vs someone game feeging #6 CCU when LU/CCU will have played 2 weeks earlier. Doubt the committee would want that.

hktribefan
October 20th, 2014, 11:01 AM
The part that floors me is that several have a Liberty vs someone game feeging #6 CCU when LU/CCU will have played 2 weeks earlier. Doubt the committee would want that.

They did it to UNH and Maine last year.

Mattymc727
October 20th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Just a hunch, but if UNH wins out, they will be a top 4 seed. I think there's a lot of respect for UNH in the committees eyes. If winning out, my top 4 seeds would be NDSU, EWU, Nova, and UNH, in no particular order (except NDSU at 1).

WileECoyote06
October 20th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Ill.State the #3 seed???? I'd be questioning that.

Massey has Illinois State rated #2 in FCS right now. The Redbirds avoid NDSU and are favored in four of their remaining five games. Even with a loss, 10 - 1 from the best conference in FCS warrants a top-four seed.

tomq04
October 20th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Just a hunch, but if UNH wins out, they will be a top 4 seed. I think there's a lot of respect for UNH in the committees eyes. If winning out, my top 4 seeds would be NDSU, EWU, Nova, and UNH, in no particular order (except NDSU at 1).

I think there is 100% agreement with you from everyone on this board.

Bison56
October 20th, 2014, 12:18 PM

Oh they will and would do that.

jimbo65
October 20th, 2014, 12:21 PM

Not anything to choose from so far. IMO, Bucknell or Army with a personal leaning to Army for best win (potential) of the year although Army is not good. Our opponents to date, except for Nova, have very poor records yet two of them Penn and LaFayette usually are quite competitive. Lehigh who we play this week is in an off year with one win so far. Columbia & URI are 0 for the season. We play Columbia for the Liberty Cup, in commemoration of 9/11. We have played URI annually for several years but I believe the series ended this year.

knucklehead
October 20th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Oh they will and would do that.
As a Liberty fan, I won't care. If we're finally in the field, we could play anyone for all I care

TypicalTribe
October 20th, 2014, 01:17 PM
As a Liberty fan, I won't care. If we're finally in the field, we could play anyone for all I care

I think an 8-4 Liberty team will be a really interesting at-large case for the committee. Have to give them a ton of credit for the OOC schedule that they've played this season but coming from a typically one-bid conference will make for a fascinating discussion. I think they should be in if the lose a competitive game to Coastal, but we'll see. Need to get to that point first.

rokamortis
October 20th, 2014, 01:25 PM
I think an 8-4 Liberty team will be a really interesting at-large case for the committee. Have to give them a ton of credit for the OOC schedule that they've played this season but coming from a typically one-bid conference will make for a fascinating discussion. I think they should be in if the lose a competitive game to Coastal, but we'll see. Need to get to that point first.

The Big South has had multiple bids the past 2 years.

So I may have just made that up. We had 2 bids in 2012 and I thought we did another year .... but I'm getting old.

Yep - made it up. We did get 2 teams in 2012 though.

RabidRabbit
October 20th, 2014, 01:31 PM
I think there is 100% agreement with you from everyone on this board.

I'd guess that two undefeated MVFC teams, currently Sagarin rated #1 & #2 would get two of the top four. If EWU stumbles while VA is out, then I could see the CAA and MVFC ending up the top four seeds.

skinny_uncle
October 20th, 2014, 01:40 PM
The UNI schedule is all D1. They played two FBS schools this year.

skinny_uncle
October 20th, 2014, 01:55 PM

I have to agree the second bracket makes more sense to me. Not too sure about SELA getting a seed. I could see Montana winning out and taking it away from them.

BattinRam
October 20th, 2014, 02:39 PM
I have to agree the second bracket makes more sense to me. Not too sure about SELA getting a seed. I could see Montana winning out and taking it away from them.
The worst thing about this bracket that I see is that the B-Cookman Jacksonville winner playing SELA. Why does SELA get an easier bracket than say what ND St. is getting and
E. Washington, Illinois St. I would say has a tougher Bracket than the #7 seed has. (Opening round)

lionsrking2
October 20th, 2014, 02:41 PM
The worst thing about this bracket that I see is that the B-Cookman Jacksonville winner playing SELA. Why does SELA get an easier bracket than say what ND St. is getting and
E. Washington, Illinois St. I would say has a tougher Bracket than the #7 seed has. (Opening round)

Geography.

BattinRam
October 20th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Geography.
Yep, that's what I thought.

Catbooster
October 20th, 2014, 03:27 PM

IF the Griz win out, I think they would get a good seed, as that would mean they beat EWU and MSU, both ranked fairly high, both near the end of the season so the wins are fresh on the committee's minds.

Right now, though, I don't think they'll win out. xcoffeex

RabidRabbit
October 20th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Given the premise of nobowls.com of the best teams after each week's games, having 7 teams out of the MVFC is reasonable at this time. However, for the MVFC to get 7 teams in, NDSU and ISU-R will need a couple of losses, which would drop their seeds down.

Thumper 76
October 20th, 2014, 03:41 PM
What would the committee do IF SDSU stole one in Fargo and won out, Ill St goes undefeated, and ndsu runs the table after the marker game? It's doubtful but not impossible.

TypicalTribe
October 20th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Worst thing about the Sports Ntwork bracket is that it has four conference games out of the 8 2nd round matchups.

RabidRabbit
October 20th, 2014, 04:24 PM
Responding to Thumper - In that case IL St is the auto-bid winner, and likely #1 seed (no losses, and MVFC champ). SDSU & NDSU go in as 1 loss MVFC teams, and bet that all 3 are seeded. NDSU gets a 3-5, due to 11-1 record, including P-5 thumping. SDSU would be a 7 or 8 seed as their only losses would be to #1 seed, and Mizzou. What this does is cut off a lot of the other MVFC teams as they would not have the 7 D-I wins.

A more fun option is for IL St to drop a game, SDSU beats NDSU, and all 3 finish 7-1. Then there's a 3 way tie for first, ISU > SDSU, SDSU > NDSU, and ISU/NDSU didn't play. IIRC for the auto-bid, then NDSU gets autobid (defaulting to GPI), ISU #2, and SDSU #3. Should seed out about the same way as above.

Thumper 76
October 20th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Both seem like fun options :D

skinny_uncle
October 20th, 2014, 07:54 PM
Given the premise of nobowls.com of the best teams after each week's games, having 7 teams out of the MVFC is reasonable at this time. However, for the MVFC to get 7 teams in, NDSU and ISU-R will need a couple of losses, which would drop their seeds down.

Seven teams ain't going to happen. I'd say any team in the Valley who doesn't have at least a 5-3 mark in conference play will be left behind. How many teams that would include remains to be seen.

KPSUL
October 20th, 2014, 08:09 PM

I agree, Bryant's schedule is tougher, but let's see where Maine, SB and Bucknell wind up at season's end before deciding

KPSUL
October 20th, 2014, 08:20 PM
I don't see Villanova losing a game. That loss while ugly shouldn't be THAT big of an obstacle. Lehigh got a bye in 2011 and received a short road trip to Towson. The Mountain Hawks only loss was a in OT against UNH. This years Fordham team has built up a similar type of resume and is as equally dangerous imo. A win over Army and a undefeated league record will carry some weight. Especially if Bucknell and Colgate keep winning...

Villanova's toughest test will be at Richmond. Delaware usually plays well at home too. An undefeated season is not a certainly.

skinny_uncle
October 20th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Villanova's toughest test will be at Richmond. Delaware usually plays well at home too. An undefeated season is not a certainly.

I'd say the odds of them winning out are pretty good.

Sycamore62
October 20th, 2014, 10:29 PM
Seven teams ain't going to happen. I'd say any team in the Valley who doesn't have at least a 5-3 mark in conference play will be left behind. How many teams that would include remains to be seen.

I think it has more to do with how many teams get an autobid from other conferences who wouldn't have otherwise made the playoffs. Like if a 6-6 team wins a tie breaker from a 10-2 team.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 21st, 2014, 06:50 AM
What would the committee do IF SDSU stole one in Fargo and won out, Ill St goes undefeated, and ndsu runs the table after the marker game? It's doubtful but not impossible.

An 11-1 NDSU team could be anywhere from 2-4. Jacks and Bison will probably play twice this season.