PDA

View Full Version : Coaches on the Hot Seat

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 19th, 2014, 12:34 AM
'Tis the season for butts to get warm. Who needs a strong finish to keep their gigs?

Gilmore at Holy Cross and Pete Mangurian at Columbia are definitely two....

How about Farley at UNI? Dave Brock at UD?

centennial
October 19th, 2014, 01:43 AM
Terry Allen at Missouri State

Rjones61
October 19th, 2014, 02:29 AM
Earnest Collins Jr Northern Colorado. In his fourth year as head coach, 4-23 conference record.

mvemjsunpx
October 19th, 2014, 03:00 AM
Nigel Burton @ Portland State. I think he's in his final contract year. If that's true, he's rapidly entering lame duck status.

Nickels
October 19th, 2014, 04:13 AM
KC Keeler

Ray Woodard at Lamar

MR. CHICKEN
October 19th, 2014, 07:19 AM
'Tis the season for butts to get warm. Who needs a strong finish to keep their gigs?

19879........AD & YOU-DEE ADMIN......BACK BROCK..AS HIS REBUILDIN' EFFORT...IS IN EARLY STAGES...WE LIKELAH...HAVE AT LEAST ONE MO' YEAR O' GROWIN' PAINS....HIS ROPE....NO WHERE NEAR SHORT............BROCK!

ps......WE'VE BEEN IN EVERAH GAME..'CEPT PITT....PLAYIN' PLENTY O' YOUNG ONES.....CAIN'T CLOSE DUH DEAL IN 4TH Q..........xblahxxblahxxblahx....AWQ!

Skyhawk71
October 19th, 2014, 07:33 AM
If Chris Hatcher at Murray State was NOT, he is this morning........Austin Peay 20 Murray State 13??????????????

SoupCity85
October 19th, 2014, 07:56 AM
Definitely Eric Wolford at YSU!!!

kdinva
October 19th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Sparky Woods.......team could be/should be 4-4 this morning..

caribbeanhen
October 19th, 2014, 08:40 AM
19879........AD & YOU-DEE ADMIN......BACK BROCK..AS HIS REBUILDIN' EFFORT...IS IN EARLY STAGES...WE LIKELAH...HAVE AT LEAST ONE MO' YEAR O' GROWIN' PAINS....HIS ROPE....NO WHERE NEAR SHORT............BROCK!

ps......WE'VE BEEN IN EVERAH GAME..'CEPT PITT....PLAYIN' PLENTY O' YOUNG ONES.....CAIN'T CLOSE DUH DEAL IN 4TH Q..........xblahxxblahxxblahx....AWQ!

I thinks Mr. Chicken is saying that Brock is in the pot but no one has turned on the burner..... therefore no hot water because the UD Admin has penciled him in for years to come.....

rokamortis
October 19th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Sparky Woods.......team could be/should be 4-4 this morning..

If they haven't let him go before now, you think they care at this point?

UNI Pike
October 19th, 2014, 09:42 AM

Farley has a rolling contact. Unless we have a donor with $1.5M+ burning a hole in his pocket, not going to happen

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

kdinva
October 19th, 2014, 09:56 AM
If they haven't let him go before now, you think they care at this point?

Sparky is not under contract after this season + a new Ath. Director.......plus the Superintendent says one thing, one day.......

rokamortis
October 19th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Sparky is not under contract after this season + a new Ath. Director.......plus the Superintendent says one thing, one day.......

Interesting. Oh well, farewell Sparky.

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Farley SHOULD BE at UNI, for keeping around that awful offensive coaching. But he won't be.

superman7515
October 19th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Dave Brock at UD?

With the fans, yes. With the decision makers, he's got no problem at all though.

UNI Pike
October 19th, 2014, 10:44 AM
My solution for UNI offense issues is to punt on first down. Defense is scoring as much as the offense anyway.

GABison
October 19th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Definitely Eric Wolford at YSU!!!

What would Wolford have to do to keep his job?

Engineer86
October 19th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Interesting week that you pick this week to start this post. Let's bring it back up on Nov 23

MSUDuo
October 19th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Terry Allen at Missouri State
I would like to believe that he is but if he gets to 6 wins will be kept.

Southern Bison
October 19th, 2014, 02:28 PM
It was sad/humorous to watch Wolford's antics vs. the Bison last season. Taunting Bison players led to 2 UC penalties & a 3-hr sideline tantrum.

Sycamore62
October 19th, 2014, 02:49 PM
My solution for UNI offense issues is to punt on first down. Defense is scoring as much as the offense anyway.

I was thinking yesterday if ISUb would just take a touchback on kickoffs, take 3 knees and punt It would give better field position and take longer to give the D rest

superman7515
October 19th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Earl Holmes at Florida A&M.

Since 1985, every coach at FAMU has been fired after their first losing season. Earl Holmes went 3-9 last season, but broke the streak and was allowed to return. Now the team has a postseason ban and is 2-5, their only two wins are against winless Savannah State and winless Howard, and both games were close.

Ivytalk
October 19th, 2014, 05:08 PM
How many years left does Keeler have on his SHSU deal?

SoupCity85
October 19th, 2014, 05:15 PM

I would assume a playoff game to get an additional year or 2 extension. But IMHO, it won't matter....I feel as though he will be bought out at the end of the year. After watching the last 2 games, you never know which YSU is going to show up. There has been no real consistency during his tenure. Defense seems to be improving, offensive play calling is "iffy" at best, and special teams again is lagging way behind. I would love to see him succeed at YSU, but just don't know if that is a possibility.

I've heard rumors in the "tailgate" lot that say Tressel is not a big fan. I would expect Tressel to be involved in that decision whether he stays or goes and who the replacement will be.

Rjones61
October 19th, 2014, 05:18 PM
North Dakota State coach better start losing or else he's going to get sent to another school.

rokamortis
October 19th, 2014, 05:21 PM
North Dakota State coach better start losing or else he's going to get sent to another school.

I don't know - with the expectations of the Bison fans I think if the Bison win by a field goal or less that may be grounds for termination.

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2014, 06:16 PM
Whaaa?

When did we bad talk our coach yet? We may not have been happy with our O-coordinator. But I know we are happy with Coach K right now...and I don't see any reason why that shouldn't change.

rokamortis
October 19th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Whaaa?

When did we bad talk our coach yet? We may not have been happy with our O-coordinator. But I know we are happy with Coach K right now...and I don't see any reason why that shouldn't change.

Go back and re-read them. These are, supposed to be, jokes.

Rjones61
October 19th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Whaaa?

Maybe I was being too subtle I was just saying if NDSU keeps winning their coach will get hired elsewhere.

JALMOND
October 19th, 2014, 07:17 PM
Nigel Burton @ Portland State. I think he's in his final contract year. If that's true, he's rapidly entering lame duck status.

Portland State may need a new AD to let Burton go. I doubt they would do anything with an interim AD. Then you have to look at who wants the job, another tough thing to do with an interim AD. June Jones has been mentioned but he sounded so burned out on coaching a few weeks ago at SMU that you have to wonder if his heart would be in it, even at his alma mater.

The last time we went through a coaching change with an interim AD, we got Glanville. Myself, I don't really want that again.

Go Green
October 19th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Amazingly, the Brown faithful are giving Phil Estes a hard time on the Ivy Board.

The more things change, the more things stay the same.

http://www.nytimes.com/1983/11/18/sports/scouting-052868.html

Sader87
October 19th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Amazingly, the Brown faithful are giving Phil Estes a hard time on the Ivy Board.

I sat on the Brown side last week and heard a lot of grumbling....felt like saying: "you wanna trade?"

One of my cousins got in a very minor car accident with Estes this Summah.....said he was a helluva of good guy.

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Maybe I was being too subtle I was just saying if NDSU keeps winning their coach will get hired elsewhere.

If he keeps this up for a six-peat then I can agree with you. Too early to tell with Coach K still. Currently he's still got coach Bohl's guys. Although I'm not expecting a huge dropoff because the guys that they recruited this year are going to be studs in the coming years.

Bearkats94
October 20th, 2014, 12:58 AM
How many years left does Keeler have on his SHSU deal?

Maybe you should say how many games will it take to have his BUT run out of Texas. Someone needs to put a For Sale sign in his yard now. I don't think he can coach fish to swim.

Ivytalk
October 20th, 2014, 05:33 AM

I looked wistfully at those relatively low tuition figures! I was at Harvard when tuition cracked $10K for the first time. But back to the theme of the thread. With no playoffs on the line and little to play for but pride and the goodwill of a rapidly dwindling number of alums who give Jack Squat about football, why fire an Ivy coach at all?

Go Green
October 20th, 2014, 06:51 AM
But back to the theme of the thread. With no playoffs on the line and little to play for but pride and the goodwill of a rapidly dwindling number of alums who give Jack Squat about football, why fire an Ivy coach at all?

Because you don't want to become another Columbia.

superman7515
October 20th, 2014, 07:04 AM
I looked wistfully at those relatively low tuition figures! I was at Harvard when tuition cracked $10K for the first time.

We were talking about this at the Delaware game this week. One of the older couples that sit beside us are UD grads from the 60's. The husband said when he graduated in '69 it cost $960 a year to go to Delaware full time; all your classes, room & board, meals, everything included. It's now $1500 for a 3 credit course.

clenz
October 20th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Here's my take on the UNI situation

Farley is/should be safe for now with an exception.

The issues at UNI aren't on Farley - though in a round-a-bout way they are. The issues are entirely offense related. There is no development being made with the kids as they progress through their time at UNI. The play calling is atrocious, the offensive staff doesn't know how to utilize the talent it has.

I'm hearing a lot of "It doesn't matter what plays they call if the players don't execute and the QB sucks." Well, yes, to an extent that is true. Here is why that logic is flawed:

1. The players can't execute if they don't know what the **** is going on. It's pretty damn clear that players don't know what's going on. That either means they don't know the playbook and shouldn't be on the field OR the OC doesn't know what the hell he's doing. Either situation the OC needs to get that **** straight.

2. The players can execute perfectly, but if the play call sucks (for the situation...or in general) it doesn't matter. For example - 3rd and 4 inside your own 30 in the second half down by a score and you call a ****ing QB draw with Kollmorgen. Absolute best case situation is it completely catches SDSU off guard for a second and SK gets borderline close to the marker. Most likely situation is exactly what happened.

3. David Johnson is averaging 15 carries per game this season, with as many games under 10 carries as over 20. Are you ****ing serious? He's at a touch under 6 YPC on the season and over 7 ypc against FCS teams and he's touching the ball 15 times per game? Who the **** is calling these plays? The defensive coordinator for the other ****ing team? Oh...he had over 200 yards receiving on 5 catches against Iowa. Since then he has just 15 catches in the next 6 games total. What in the ****? He's averaging over 12 yards per reception his career and is a match up nightmare. Why the **** is he not touching the ball more?

4. Quarterback situation - If you have 2 QBs you have ZERO. SK's freshman year he was the BMOC and he had the confidence. All of a sudden Brion steps on campus and the coaches refuse to commit to SK and his confidence in throws starts to diminish. Wonder ****ing why? Carnes has something like a 44% career completion % at UNI. Put him at RB with DJ. Run some trick plays off that ****. Allow SK to be the ****ing man and support him. Not rotating time with a guy who throws like a HS JV QB. We've been down this road at UNI before with multiple QBs and it tore the locker room apart - remember Rennie and Davis a couple years ago? Pick one and go ****ing with it.

5. In that case they went with the runner (Rennie). He wasn't a great passer so what routes get called for him? fly, seam, deep post, deep out, deep curl, etc... Rennie couldn't make those throws - we also didn't have 6'4 WRs. What do we do with Carnes? Run a bunch of fly, seam, deep post, deep out, deep curl, etc... Oh, better yet we do it in situations that it's expected. Oh...even better...the end of the SDSU game over the weekend when Carnes was in guess what routes were called? Double deep post with a wheel...near mid field with plenty of time on the clock needing only a FG. What the flying ****? Apparently Farley finally laid the **** into Salmon for that one.

6. Notice earlier how I said put DJ on one side and Brion on the other of Sawyer and run some tricky ****...how bout anything that is even slightly tricky? UNI's offense is the most predictable offense I've ever seen - and I live in a state where the Hawkeyes are on TV every single week (those that don't live around B10 country...Iowa is the most bland offense in he B10..and that's saying something). There is zero creativity with the offense. None...zero...nada...

7. This could probably go into one of the other ones - other teams have been killing UNI for YEARS using tight ends and inside crosses, etc... Do these plays not exist in our OCs mind? Get the ball out of the QBs hands and into the hands of a damn play maker. Even if they don't break a tackle they are going to pick up 5-6 yards. That's a damn good pick up on 95+% of plays. Nope...let's continue to only run routes outside the numbers...and never inside the hash marks. To illustrate my point here is a breakdown on our OCs binder and where he wants to throw the ball and not. Red is never, yellow is ONLY if he has too....the goal line is the LOS for reference...click to enlarge.

8. OL play. I realize it's tough for the QBs and RBs to make plays when they end up blocking for themselves. The OL development has gotten really bad lately. Gone from 3 NFL players on the line at one time to guys who probably would be third stringers 5-10 years ago.

I can keep going but the fact of the matter is there needs to be a change on the offensive side of the ball. The defense is a championship caliber defense but are put in terrible spots time and time and time again by this offense. Farley lets his offensive staff run the offense, and always has. He takes care of the defense, which is good year after year after year even with turn over.

I'm all for keeping Farley, I really am. I think a great person to have at UNI. He is UNI to his core.

This is where the exception comes into play.

Farley is fiercely loyal to those offensive assistants. If he is unwilling to make changes there then he needs to go as well. He is a great recruiter and defensive mind but he can't let his offense continue to go this way.

If that's the case I have no idea who to go after/get other than offering a master key to every door in the Cedar Valley to Coach K

Ivytalk
October 20th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Because you don't want to become another Columbia.

The problem with Columbia is systemic, as addressed at length in the related thread. Firing Mangurian or any other Lion coach won't turn things around. Maybe conjuring the spirit of Lou Little will. Ivy presidents don't read football message boards, and the number of influential Ivy FB alums who might zip their wallets and checkbooks "in protest" of poor coaching is quite small.

UNIFanSince1983
October 21st, 2014, 09:17 AM
Here's my take on the UNI situation

Farley is/should be safe for now with an exception.

The issues at UNI aren't on Farley - though in a round-a-bout way they are. The issues are entirely offense related. There is no development being made with the kids as they progress through their time at UNI. The play calling is atrocious, the offensive staff doesn't know how to utilize the talent it has.

I'm hearing a lot of "It doesn't matter what plays they call if the players don't execute and the QB sucks." Well, yes, to an extent that is true. Here is why that logic is flawed:

1. The players can't execute if they don't know what the **** is going on. It's pretty damn clear that players don't know what's going on. That either means they don't know the playbook and shouldn't be on the field OR the OC doesn't know what the hell he's doing. Either situation the OC needs to get that **** straight.

2. The players can execute perfectly, but if the play call sucks (for the situation...or in general) it doesn't matter. For example - 3rd and 4 inside your own 30 in the second half down by a score and you call a ****ing QB draw with Kollmorgen. Absolute best case situation is it completely catches SDSU off guard for a second and SK gets borderline close to the marker. Most likely situation is exactly what happened.

3. David Johnson is averaging 15 carries per game this season, with as many games under 10 carries as over 20. Are you ****ing serious? He's at a touch under 6 YPC on the season and over 7 ypc against FCS teams and he's touching the ball 15 times per game? Who the **** is calling these plays? The defensive coordinator for the other ****ing team? Oh...he had over 200 yards receiving on 5 catches against Iowa. Since then he has just 15 catches in the next 6 games total. What in the ****? He's averaging over 12 yards per reception his career and is a match up nightmare. Why the **** is he not touching the ball more?

4. Quarterback situation - If you have 2 QBs you have ZERO. SK's freshman year he was the BMOC and he had the confidence. All of a sudden Brion steps on campus and the coaches refuse to commit to SK and his confidence in throws starts to diminish. Wonder ****ing why? Carnes has something like a 44% career completion % at UNI. Put him at RB with DJ. Run some trick plays off that ****. Allow SK to be the ****ing man and support him. Not rotating time with a guy who throws like a HS JV QB. We've been down this road at UNI before with multiple QBs and it tore the locker room apart - remember Rennie and Davis a couple years ago? Pick one and go ****ing with it.

5. In that case they went with the runner (Rennie). He wasn't a great passer so what routes get called for him? fly, seam, deep post, deep out, deep curl, etc... Rennie couldn't make those throws - we also didn't have 6'4 WRs. What do we do with Carnes? Run a bunch of fly, seam, deep post, deep out, deep curl, etc... Oh, better yet we do it in situations that it's expected. Oh...even better...the end of the SDSU game over the weekend when Carnes was in guess what routes were called? Double deep post with a wheel...near mid field with plenty of time on the clock needing only a FG. What the flying ****? Apparently Farley finally laid the **** into Salmon for that one.

6. Notice earlier how I said put DJ on one side and Brion on the other of Sawyer and run some tricky ****...how bout anything that is even slightly tricky? UNI's offense is the most predictable offense I've ever seen - and I live in a state where the Hawkeyes are on TV every single week (those that don't live around B10 country...Iowa is the most bland offense in he B10..and that's saying something). There is zero creativity with the offense. None...zero...nada...

7. This could probably go into one of the other ones - other teams have been killing UNI for YEARS using tight ends and inside crosses, etc... Do these plays not exist in our OCs mind? Get the ball out of the QBs hands and into the hands of a damn play maker. Even if they don't break a tackle they are going to pick up 5-6 yards. That's a damn good pick up on 95+% of plays. Nope...let's continue to only run routes outside the numbers...and never inside the hash marks. To illustrate my point here is a breakdown on our OCs binder and where he wants to throw the ball and not. Red is never, yellow is ONLY if he has too....the goal line is the LOS for reference...click to enlarge.

8. OL play. I realize it's tough for the QBs and RBs to make plays when they end up blocking for themselves. The OL development has gotten really bad lately. Gone from 3 NFL players on the line at one time to guys who probably would be third stringers 5-10 years ago.

I can keep going but the fact of the matter is there needs to be a change on the offensive side of the ball. The defense is a championship caliber defense but are put in terrible spots time and time and time again by this offense. Farley lets his offensive staff run the offense, and always has. He takes care of the defense, which is good year after year after year even with turn over.

I'm all for keeping Farley, I really am. I think a great person to have at UNI. He is UNI to his core.

This is where the exception comes into play.

Farley is fiercely loyal to those offensive assistants. If he is unwilling to make changes there then he needs to go as well. He is a great recruiter and defensive mind but he can't let his offense continue to go this way.

If that's the case I have no idea who to go after/get other than offering a master key to every door in the Cedar Valley to Coach K

Don't forget that our QBs actually aren't that bad especially Kollmorgen. The issue is the transparency to the play calling. They don't set QBs up for success as you said. No crossing routes at all. It is so obvious when we are going to run and when we are going to pass. When there is no threat of DJ to run the defense doesn't have to worry about him in play action. Also now on passing downs he can't just chip and then go into the route because he needs to block because the o line can't pass block at all. I liked some of the stuff Farley said in the articles in the Gazette and Courier after the game. Although why did it take him this long to notice how bad the play calling was?

clenz
October 21st, 2014, 09:28 AM
Don't forget that our QBs actually aren't that bad especially Kollmorgen. The issue is the transparency to the play calling. They don't set QBs up for success as you said. No crossing routes at all. It is so obvious when we are going to run and when we are going to pass. When there is no threat of DJ to run the defense doesn't have to worry about him in play action. Also now on passing downs he can't just chip and then go into the route because he needs to block because the o line can't pass block at all. I liked some of the stuff Farley said in the articles in the Gazette and Courier after the game. Although why did it take him this long to notice how bad the play calling was?Our QB's are put in terrible spots to try to make plays. Goes back to Rennie in 10/11. He couldn't throw the ball 25+ yards, why did we run those routes?

At one point in the first half the I correctly predicted the general play call for 3 straight drives. If I can do that with watching no film other than the games live/in person imagine what a DC can do by watching film for an entire week straight.

At one point the guy next to me asked "Why does SDSU keep giving Zenner the ball? He hasn't done anything." I told him because it makes our defense remember that he's there and that he is a huge threat every time he touches the ball. It's the same reason the defense doesn't bite on the play action when Darrian Miller/Barkley Hill are in. DJ needs to be in on 70-75% (or more) of snaps.

UNI runs about 70 plays per game (69.4)
DJ should get 25 carries (25 plays)
DJ should get 3-5 receptions (27-30 plays)
DJ should get a play action fake/used as a decoy 10-15 times (47-50 plays)

Period...end of story...no other options.

thebootfitter
October 21st, 2014, 01:34 PM
I'm not certain where Coach K lies in his allegiance to his alma mater, but I think it will take a lot more than keys to pry him from where he sits now.

2ram
October 21st, 2014, 01:38 PM
The problem with Columbia is systemic, as addressed at length in the related thread. Firing Mangurian or any other Lion coach won't turn things around. Maybe conjuring the spirit of Lou Little will. Ivy presidents don't read football message boards, and the number of influential Ivy FB alums who might zip their wallets and checkbooks "in protest" of poor coaching is quite small.

Yes firing PM won't fix CU football, but to hear it from the CU fanbase, PM is an embarrassment in many ways other than the W/L column, and a terrible leader.

I think he's fired no matter what this year.

DoubleH
October 21st, 2014, 03:13 PM

I gotta be honest, I was shocked when I read that. When you have a bell cow back of his talent, he needs to be fed the ball consistently. 20+ touches weekly. Putting everything else aside, on the basis of his lack of use alone in all your close losses, the OC should be fired.

Twentysix
October 22nd, 2014, 02:52 AM
I'm not certain where Coach K lies in his allegiance to his alma mater, but I think it will take a lot more than keys to pry him from where he sits now.

Agreed, UNI would probably have to come at him with about 400k/yr (I am assuming K makes around what Bohl made) and he would have to desire returning to UNI. Honestly though, if Coach K stays where he is he could probably scoop up a MWC HC position... I mean at the moment we look like an unstoppable win factory, that will certainly inflate his career pretty quickly, a lot faster than taking HC at UNI.

Never know, Farley might be NDSU's headcoach in like 5 years, he could finally win a NC!

Sycamore62
October 22nd, 2014, 08:12 AM
Agreed, UNI would probably have to come at him with about 400k/yr (I am assuming K makes around what Bohl made) and he would have to desire returning to UNI. Honestly though, if Coach K stays where he is he could probably scoop up a MWC HC position... I mean at the moment we look like an unstoppable win factory, that will certainly inflate his career pretty quickly, a lot faster than taking HC at UNI.

Never know, Farley might be NDSU's headcoach in like 5 years, he could finally win a NC!

The thing about HC jobs is that there is SO much money just being thrown around like PacMan Jones in a strip club. if he is making 3-400k/yr and someone offers him a 5 year deal at $1.4M/yr, they are basically saying that we will pay you the rest of your career money in the next 5 years here. I can't imagine turning that down unless it was a job were I thought nobody could keep from getting fired.

I can't see a guy going back to UNI for the same money and probably less security.

Of course all these guys have huge egos or they wouldn't be where they are (or at least huge self confidence, not to be a knock on them)

The question is, will a BCS conference take a chance in a FCS coach anymore?

Go Green
October 22nd, 2014, 09:35 AM
Yes firing PM won't fix CU football.

It depends on what you mean by "fix."

Will a new coach win three straight championships for Columbia? No.

Will a new coach get Columbia back to respectability by making games competitive and winning a couple every year? Sure.

clenz
October 22nd, 2014, 09:57 AM

I don't know what Coach K is making at NDSU, but Farley is around 350 this year I believe.

If there isn't a turn around and the donors are there the donors to go after Coach K he will get over $400 base.

If the donors aren't there and Farley agrees to change offensive coaches none of it matters.

Bisonator
October 22nd, 2014, 12:46 PM
I believe Klieman is making $326K per year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 23rd, 2014, 09:52 PM
Not FCS but I think it's time for a change in Blacksburg.....yikes....

centennial
October 23rd, 2014, 09:59 PM
I don't know what Coach K is making at NDSU, but Farley is around 350 this year I believe.

If there isn't a turn around and the donors are there the donors to go after Coach K he will get over $400 base.

If the donors aren't there and Farley agrees to change offensive coaches none of it matters.
Farley and coach K have to be the top most paid FCS coaches. Almost as good as lower MAC. That being said, NW Missouri States new coach is ripe for the picking and could be had for under $250, you could get some really special OC and DC with the extra money.

superman7515
October 28th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Earl Holmes at Florida A&M.

Since 1985, every coach at FAMU has been fired after their first losing season. Earl Holmes went 3-9 last season, but broke the streak and was allowed to return. Now the team has a postseason ban and is 2-5, their only two wins are against winless Savannah State and winless Howard, and both games were close.

I'm not the kind of guy to say I told you so, but...

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/famu/2014/10/28/famu-cancels-weekly-football-press-conference/18057503/

4:30 Update

The FAMU football team will not practice on Tuesday following the announcement that coach Earl Holmes has been fired.

3:55 p.m. Update

FAMU senior quarterback Damien Fleming told the Democrat on Tuesday that coach Earl Holmes has been fired.

Fleming said Holmes addressed the players in a 1 p.m. meeting and informed them he had been terminated.

Fleming also stressed that players will play in Saturday's homecoming game against Norfolk State.

There was speculation, according to Fleming, that players would boycott the game. Kickoff is 3 p.m.

SIUSalukiFan
October 28th, 2014, 05:24 PM
I think it's safe to say Dale Lennon is on the hot seat at Southern Illinois.

He's won 60% of his games in Carbondale but 2014 would make the fifth straight year SIU has missed the playoffs. The Salukis were 6-5 in 2012, 7-5 last year and could win up above-.500 this year with no playoff bid.

Lennon did receive an extension last year but it's non-guaranteed. SIU can dump him after this season if it wishes and not owe him another dime.

GoAgs72
October 28th, 2014, 06:05 PM
You might think that Gould at UC Davis would be in trouble with only one win and the worst season since 1960. However, he's only in his second year and fans generally like him. His defensive coordinator should be worried about his job though. I'm willing to give Gould two more years so he's got all of his own recruits but after that I'll start losing patience if we're not back to at least 6 win seasons.

Walkon79
October 30th, 2014, 01:34 PM

More like PROGRAM on the hot seat!

tribe_pride
October 30th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Not FCS but I think it's time for a change in Blacksburg.....yikes....

Before the season, Beamer got a contract extension through the 2018 season. He's making about $2.5 million this year so it will be an expensive buyout if he were to be gone.

Houndawg
October 30th, 2014, 04:29 PM
I think it's safe to say Dale Lennon is on the hot seat at Southern Illinois.

He's won 60% of his games in Carbondale but 2014 would make the fifth straight year SIU has missed the playoffs. The Salukis were 6-5 in 2012, 7-5 last year and could win up above-.500 this year with no playoff bid.

Lennon did receive an extension last year but it's non-guaranteed. SIU can dump him after this season if it wishes and not owe him another dime.

.....don't want a new coach @ SIU until the AD is gone...